Just Eternity | ✓ |

By LAneFields

[COMPLETED] Book 2 of the 'Just' Series. *Erotic Romance* *MATURE* Ellie Taylor is a girl who has had it all... More

Just Eternity
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Bonus Chapter
Thirty Two.
Thirty three.
Thirty Four
Epilogue
Tatt'd
New Story; Like You
HONEY

Twenty One.

43.6K 1.2K 409
By LAneFields

Ellie POV

I bit my nails nervously, chomping at them as if a snack as my mind ran wild.

I knew it was a possibility.

Deep down, I hated that I didn't tell him to stop. That I let Maddox fall into a trap my baby-wanting ovaries set for the both of us.

And now, I have to face the dreaded two minute wait after peeing on a stick that'll determine my future.

I mean, at least Max will be by my side through it all. I'll probably just make him read it. He is a Doctor.

A sigh left my lips as I walked down the sidewalk with Dixie in tow. She was sniffing every tree and fire hydrant with glee and happiness which only helped my anxiousness settle slightly.

Her head pointed upwards at incoming traffic as her tail wagged fast enough to create a wave of wind behind her like a jet.

I giggled as I searched what she was looking at. My heart pounded out of my chest as I saw Chris and Sam sitting in Sam's Jeep. Their lips interlocked as they passionately kissed. Chris was holding his face tenderly as Sam did the same.

My eyes couldn't look away. Pure shock and a tinge of guilt ran through me.

I quickly pulled Dixie away, to leave them in their hidden romances but it was difficult to hide the happiness I felt for the two of them.

Sam never told anyone he wasn't straight but I mean the signs were all there. I've known him for five years and never once saw him hitting on a girl or even go on a date.

To find the two men, who were there to pick me up when all seemed lost, being romantic to one another, all I could do was hope they could become more.

I kneeled to Dixie with a bright smile and held her wet snout to my nose. "We tell no one, Dixie. This is our little secret." I whispered to her playfully, only earning a big lick to my face.

"Hey!" Chris called from behind me.

I quickly stood, trying to hide the enormous smile that tugged at my lips.

"I'm glad I didn't stay at Max's. You look like you were fucked good." Chris smirked, his own smile mimicking mine as we both tried to keep our gleaming happiness from one another.

"And who is this?!" Chris leaned down, petting Dixie.

Dixie marveled at the attention, loving the fact that she wasn't stuck in Max's apartment all day while he was at work.

"This is Dixie."

"Aren't you just the cutest, Dixie? Yes you are. Yes you are!" Chris baby talked just like I always do to her.

"You're extra happy today." I acknowledged, promising myself I wouldn't push information out of him.

But I was dying to know.

Chris shrugged as we continued to walk. "I met someone last night."

"Oh, yeah?" I side eyed him.

"Ellie, stop playing dumb. I saw you running down this road like a murderer was chasing you. The only time you ever run is when I force you to go to the gym or you're hiding from someone." Chris huffed with a roll of his eyes. "Just promise not to say anything? He's not ready."

I nodded. "Lips are sealed. Even Dixie's."

Chris thanked me silently with his eyes.

"You two would be so cute together. Sam is such a nice guy. You both deserve each other. You both deserve to be happy." I had to add. Chris had to know I was happy for him and that I wouldn't make it weird.

"I don't know, Ellie." Chris stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I've never been with a guy that wasn't out yet. I don't want to be strung along in hopes that he'll acknowledge his sexuality instead of keeping me in the closet with him."

I watched Chris shrug along the street, kicking any bottle or rock that littered the ground.

"I can talk to him for you." I offered, stopping in front of the building we were supposed to be seeing with the realtor.

"Please don't. Sam needs to do this for himself. When he's ready just like I did. It either happens or doesn't."

I smiled softly, even if it hurt that Sam thought his friends or family would disapprove of how and who he loved. Then my mind wandered to how long he had kept it a secret from everyone. It couldn't be an easy thing to feel like you have to hide part of yourself from the world.

And even if I was mad at him for blocking Max on my phone, I felt bad for everything I said to him in the past. Calling him overbearing or pushing him away so I could be with his cousin.

"You must be Ellie. I'm Sasha. I'll be showing you a few places that Kace recommended." An older, white haired woman smiled to us.

"Hey I'm Christian. Kace's son and this is Dixie. She'll be joining us today. I hope you don't mind." Chris warmly smiled, extending his hand.

The four of us looked at five places. All of which I hated. The parking sucked - which is the norm in a city but these places were bad. Meter parking isn't ideal when you're already charging a person by the hour and they really shouldn't be getting up to put more change in.

After hours of looking at places, we finally walked up to a rustic, bright red brick building. The windows took up most of front of the building. I guided Dixie through the front door, letting myself enamor in brick walls and exposed ceiling beams. My eyes traveled around the room with pure and utter love for the place.

"Ellie." Chris whispered. "Look up."

I stood beside him and followed his lead. A large skylight overtook the middle of the room, giving a clear view into the clouds above.

"I love it." I whispered back, kneeling down to Dixie. She wagged her tail in approval before sniffing out the corners of each wall.

"Yeah, this is the place." I spoke again to the realtor, with pleading eyes. "Please tell me it's in my budget."

After talking about money and financing and all big words with the realtor, I realized that this place was never going to be mine. It would drain everything I ever worked for and the possibility of being pregnant made that not an option.

"Ellie, it would have worked. It would have been tight but that place could have been yours. Why the hell would you say no?!" Chris scolded me as we walked towards Max's apartment which was only five minutes away.

God, that place would have been perfect.

"I didn't say no. I told her I wanted to think about it." I sighed, shuffling down the road.

"What is there to think about? I saw how much you loved the place."

"I might be pregnant." I could barely whisper it out and even over the loud crowds around us, I knew Chris heard me.

"It isn't mine. I know it isn't mine. I mean, we used birth control, a condom every time, spermicide and I pulled out. Definitely not mine. Nope. You know it isn't mine." Chris shook his head viscously.

"There's still a chance, Chris and it fucking hurts that I have to think like that." I snapped out. "It's horrible that I have to wonder if Max would be the father or not."

"Ellie. I am telling you if you are baring a child, it ain't mine. You guys fucked while your birth control was sitting on your dresser looking pretty." Chris sighed.

"And he came inside of me."

Chris face palmed. "God, Ellie. It's like you wanted to get knocked up."

"I know. I wasn't thinking." I groaned, rubbing my face roughly as we stood in front of Max's apartment building with a knot forming in my stomach. "I'm taking a test tonight."

Chris groaned as he followed me up the stairs and to Max's apartment door. I knocked, knowing Max was home already.

When he opened the door wearing nothing but a pair of sweats, I just about jumped on him right there. Then the smells from the kitchen wafted into the hallway, sending my stomach into an array of butterflies.

Was he cooking dinner for us?

"Hey, babe." Max smiled, giving my forehead a light kiss.

"Maddox, can I talk to you? Alone." Chris asked with seriousness dripping from his tongue, giving me a side hug before shooing me into the apartment.

I didn't even have time to say anything before Max was closing the door behind me. I kept myself busy, getting fresh water and food for Dixie and when they were still talking, I got into the shower.

My eyes couldn't help but be glued to the box of pregnancy tests sitting on the bathroom counter. Even when the water was rushing down my body, I couldn't look away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 588 40
Joshua I have wanted her since she opened her smart mouth in Ellie's apartment. Standing there with her little blonde pixie cut, and baby blues...
10.7K 424 38
Emily is the best one in catching cheaters for money until she ends up in a messed-up situation that turned her world upside down.
6.6M 129K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
739K 21.8K 96
19 year old Ellie has just moved to New York, waiting to start her first year of college, when she meets her also newly moved in neighbor. Once she...