Love Aaj Kal

By miramehra

//a Jab We Met sequel/spin-off, can be read as a stand-alone but will be better supplemented by the former// ... More

c a s t
00| Kahaani
01| Rock On
02| Bewakoofiyan
04| We Are Family
05| I Hate Luv Stories
06| Jagga Jasoos
07| Happy Ending
08| Ladies Vs Rohan Nanda
09| Break Ke Baad
10| Always Kabhi Kabhi
11| Dil Dhadakne Do
12| Baar Baar Dekho
13| Oberoi And Sons
14| Luck By Chance
15| Dance Pe Chance
16| Chup Chup Ke
17| Partner
What's Up?//Character Prompts
18| Nautanki Saala
19| Hasee Toh Phasee
20| Mujhse Dosti Karoge
21| Cocktail
22| Tum Mile
23| Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
24| You, Me Aur Hum
25| Cake
26| The Sky Is Pink
27| Main Hoon Na
28| Dear Zindagi
Character Playlists
29| Dil Chahta Hai

03| Wake Up Sid

1.2K 115 44
By miramehra

Aaaaaand I'm back! So I don't know if y'all have noticed, but in Jab We Met, all my chapter titles were Song Titles, so this time, i tried to do something a bit different, and so all my chapters are now named after Movie Titles!

Anyway, as always, hope you're liking the new generation! Do comment who your current fav is, or if you want me to explore any particular ships or bromances✨

Song of the Chapter: Title, Wake Up Sid💖

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sid! Hello! SIDDHARTH VARDHAN OBEROI!! Uth jaa varna Gabbar aajaayega!"

"Shhh Rhea let me sleep."

It was a bright sunny morning and everyone was ready for the last first day of school, their first Senior class.

Everyone except Sid, who was still snoring away dreams about food.

"Mr. Oberoi, if I could have your kind attention."

A deep throaty voice finally brought him out of his slumber as he irritatedly yawned.

"Yaaaaar ye sound system pe phatte huye scooter ki awaaz kaun chala raha hai..."

He lazily grumbled as he stretched out his hands, opening his eyes to find his arch enemy, Professor Rigved Babbar glaring at him.

As soon as the words left his mouth, everyone around him giggled and chuckled, much to Babbar's dismay, as he narrowed his eyes even more.

Ayaana and Rhea facepalmed, what a great start to the first day of school.

Neil just shook his head, used to Sid's usual antics.

Lavanya, Abir and Nirvaan weren't in this class, they had opted for Psychology instead of Political Science.

"So Mr Oberoi, had a good nap?"

Babbar asked Sid sarcastically, with a smile.

"Oh sir, fantastic nap. Just didn't like the way it ended."

Sid muttered under his breath, making Rhea shove him hard. Kanjar.

"Well you obviously you have quite a passion for my subject. Tell me, where is your assignment? The essay on the ideal form of government?"

Babbar asked with a smirk, knowing well enough that there was no way Sid had done it.

"Assignment? Oooooh sir that assignment? Yes sir, you toh know me, I got so immersed in the topic that I actually extended the word limit also!"

Sid said overenthusiastically, trying to divert the topic, while Neil rolled his eyes. First class mein hi detention milna bhi ek talent hai.

"Oh yes yes boy, I'm sure you did. Now, where is it?"

Babbar asked again, not falling for anything Sid said.

"Hehe, one minute sir, let me look for it."

Sid muttered with a fake laugh, as he slid under his desk, face-palming as he wondered how to magically produce an assignment from under there.

Before he could lose his mind, a file slid under his leg, making him yelp.

With widened eyes, he looked at the cover.

Political Science Assignment
-Siddharth Vardhan Oberoi

"Oh my god Navya maasi's gonna lose her shit. Ye toh sach hai ki bhagwan hai!"

He mumbled in excitement before getting back to his seat with a cool, calm exterior.

Babbar smiled at him cheekily, expecting him to make a fool of himself, but almost got a heart attack when a file produced itself in his hands.

"Sir, aapki toh phat ke haath mein aagayi."

Sid innocently mumbled incoherently, as Babbar went into a coughing fit, widening his eyes.

"Sir I said assignment aapke haath mein aagayi. Class shuru karein? I am really looking forward to studying sirrrrr."

Sid said with a smirk, as Rhea looked at him with astonishment.

Sid and completing assignments? No chance.

Meanwhile, Neil narrowed his eyes at the file cover and furrowed his eyebrows.

He then turned towards Ayaana, who was smiling looking at Sid and Babbar, and quickly turned back around facing the board, to hide the twinkle in her eyes.

Shaking his head, he patted Rhea's shoulder and pointed at Ayaana, as if explaining how Sid got the file.

Her eyes widened as she realized it'd been Ayaana who slid the file under the desk.

Chuckling, she hit Sid on the head, who was busy smirking and smiling at every girl in the class, basking in the glory of humiliating the professor.

"Oye, Southall ke Shahrukh."

Neil called out in a whisper, after grabbing Sid's attention by throwing a paper ball at him, making him glare at him.

"Tera hogaya ho toh ek baar dekh file mein handwriting kiski hai."

He muttered, with Sid making a confused face, before checking the file thoroughly.

Oh man, all the highlighted headings, the underlined keywords, the extra information. It had to be Ayaana.

He ran his hand through his messy hair guiltily, before hissing to get Ayaana's attention.

After many attempts, she finally turned around and saw Sid smiling at her apologetically.

Shaking her head, she smiled and winked at him, making him grin.

He had the best sister ever.

Neil, who was observing the scene, rolled his eyes and smiled.

His dad was right, she was just too nice for her own good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are a rockstar, Ayaana Murthy Malhotra!"

Sid yelled loudly as he spun Ayaana around in the hallway, making passers-by chuckle, and Ayaana giggle, red faced.

"Okay-okay I'm getting dizzy, ruk."

Ayaana cried as Sid finally let her go, only for her to crash into a hard wall. Wall?

"And why is she such a rockstar?"

Nirvaan asked with a smirk, making Ayaana stand up straight after crashing into her, as she chuckled, still a bit disoriented.

"Because she just saved me from Gabbar, bro! Last minute pe mujhe assignment submission dediya, you should've seen his face, it was epic!"

Sid replied, making Abir chuckle and ruffle her hair, as she scrunched up her nose to fix it again, much to Neil's amusement.

"Acha, and what about your submission, Ana?"

Lavanya asked with narrowed eyes, knowing exactly how Ayaana's self sacrificing had no limits.

"Arey it's fine. Professor Babbar likes me-"

She started to speak but was interrupted by Nirvaan.

"Probably because you're the only one who calls him Professor Babbar even when he isn't listening."

He said with raised eyebrows, making Rhea chuckle and nod.

"-Haan anyway, I'll tell him I was unwell and need an extension, and just write another essay. He won't mind."

She continued with a wide smile, making Sid look at her with a frown.

"Kanjar. Ab se khud ka kaam kar liya kar. Why should she have to work extra for you?"

Abir asked Sid sternly, even though he was younger than him.

Abir was extremely protective of Ayaana, sometimes more so than Sid, who could be too immature.

"Because I'm his sister. It's what family does, okay? Aur tu kya footage kha raha hai, tere liye bhi same hi karti."

Ayaana replied, not liking the guilty look on Sid's face, making Lavanya smile.

"Ana we know tu sabke liye same karti. But just...don't stretch yourself to accommodate everyone else's needs. Put yourself first, always."

Rhea explained, as Ayaana's eyebrows furrowed.

"Before you start pulling out your Moral Science textbook, she means to say ki along with thinking about others, kabhi kabhi apne baare mein bhi sochliya kar."

Neil said softly with an amused smile, holding Ayaana by her shoulders, as if teaching a child, making everyone chuckle.

Nirvaan, who'd been flirting with a girl by his locker all this while, drew his attention towards the gang once again, his eyebrows furrowed.

"No."

He simply stated, making everyone look at him confusedly, especially Ayaana.

"Abbey no ke aage bhi toh bol, guess karre kya hum baithke?"

Abir said, growing frustrated, much to Lavanya's amusement.

"I mean uh...I don't think Ana should change the way she thinks, or the way she is. Like, this is her. And she shouldn't have to change herself for anyone."

He said, scrunching up his eyes as he phrased the sentence, thinking of the right words to say, taking Ayaana by surprise.

She never really thought Nirvaan noticed much, he was always easy-going, in the moment.

Neil looked at him impassively, with Rhea subtly looking at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

Abir gave a knowing smirk to Nirvaan, who suddenly cleared his throat and went back to flirting with the locker girl, Sid and Lavanya scratching their heads, confused.

"Um, okay, now that this extended psychology session has ended, I've to go meet Rohan, I'll see you all later."

Lavanya said with a smile, shaking Ayaana out of her thoughts to give her a smile back, as everyone else bid her goodbye.

"What does she see in him?"

Abir asked Ayaana silently, as the others walked ahead of them, chatting amongst themselves.

"In Rohan?"

Ayaana asked, and Abir nodded, making her hide her smile.

Rohan Nanda was another Senior at St. T's High School, and currently Lavanya Vedant's boyfriend. They were pretty much the 'It Couple' of the batch, but the gang didn't seem to like him all that much.

"I don't know, Bir. I guess she just thinks he's her 'Mr. Right'. You know how she is, she's been obsessed with my mom and dad's love story since ages, even I don't know the little details that she does."

Ayaana said with a small smile, to which Abir chuckled and nodded, his smile not quite meeting his eyes.

"You know what I think, though?"

She softly said, making him turn towards her.

"I think that Alya maasi thought my dad was Mr. Right at some point too."

She said with a smirk, as she took Abir's arms in hers, making him grin.

"Oye, jaldi chaloge? Park mein walk nahi kar rahe hum."

Nirvaan yelled at the two, making them roll their eyes but increase their speed.

Nirvaan was right, she shouldn't change herself at all, Abir thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aaj kiske ghar pe hai dinner?"

Abir asked, as he munched on chips from the cafeteria, Ayaana laughing at him and patting his back to slow him down.

"Saale lunch toh khaale pehle, abhi se dinner ki baat kar raha hai."

Neil commented with a chuckle, as Rhea laughed and nodded in agreement.

"Oh hello, I'm just being smart. It's called planning. Agar Lav ke ghar hua, toh main ghar se hi kuch khaake aunga na. Diet food is just not my scene."

Abir said as he rolled his eyes and crushed the empty chips packet before aiming to shoot it into the dustbin nearby, while Lavanya made a face at him.

"I think it's at my place today, dad was grumbling about people invading his privacy."

Nirvaan said cheekily, as Sid and Abir chuckled and high-fived, remembering the time they had broken into Ayan's golf collection and played mini golf on the terrace, the golf balls often falling onto cars and windows, much to the neighbours' dismay.

"Yes! Mahira had to complete the story also na, of how Malik proposed to her."

Lavanya said with twinkling eyes, as Nirvaan rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Arey no, last story was how dad and Malik were stuck in the store room, remember?"

Ayaana said, making Neil chuckle at her excitement.

"Oh god we've listened to that one so many times, and in so many versions also. Raichand and Mira Maasi have their own story, dad has his own and Mukti Maasi has her own. Koi reliability hi nahi hai."

Abir grumbled, making Ayaana pout.

"I still think it's funny how Ayan chachu and Ana's dad didn't like each other. They're literally the same person."

Rhea commented dryly, making Abir chuckle.

"No they aren't!"

Both Nirvaan and Ayaana said at the same time, before turning to each other for a high-five, as the others laughed.

"Arey no, Malik Senior is more intense, I think. Like he's definitely more sadu than Manik chachu."

Abir said thoughtfully, as Nirvaan too nodded, agreeing.

"No way. Malik is not at all sadu. He's the coolest."

Ayaana said, smiling widely, making Neil chuckle. It was known that she was always biased when it came to him, for obvious reasons.

"Malhotra's more chill for sure. Remember how he helped us prank your dad and Raichand?"

Nirvaan said, as Abir grinned and nodded, while Sid and Neil rolled their eyes, they were still mad that they weren't included in the prank.

"Arey we're going off topic. Anyway, dinner at Nirvaan's then, na? Band practice karni hai?"

Lavanya asked, grabbing everyone's attention.

"We'll see if we feel like it."

Nirvaan said cooly, as Ayaana rolled her eyes.

This boy will never change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe, I hope you liked this chapter, the first one completely featuring the next gen! So this chapter basically marks the beginning of the story, with the beginning of the school year, and the start of the timeline. The previous chapters were more like introductory tracks.

Who's your favourite character as of now?😜

Until next time, please please do vote, comment and share the love💌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 7.8K 70
Read part 1, 2, and 3 before this one!
27.7K 1.5K 44
๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š ๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐๐‚๐„ ๐—›๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐—ฆ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฎ - ๐—”๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—น๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€! ๐˜ผ ๐™—๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ž๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™™๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ , ๐™—๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™– ๐™๐™š๐™–๏ฟฝ...
25K 725 32
Bit-... you better come read and find out. ๐Ÿ’‹
136K 5.2K 65
Cover credits goes to @Secretgiggles783 Thanks a lot for the cover!!!! ______________________________________ Highest rank #1 in d3 ...