Mr Popular Is Keeping Me A Se...

Door silviaaxox

When Lucy wakes up in the hospital after a fight with her ex turned to violence she has no clue who her savio... Meer

Chapter 1: Hospital
Chapter 2: The View
Chapter 3: Cast Off
Chapter 4: Back to School
Chapter 5: 'I'm Back Baby'
Chapter 6: Hero
Chapter 7: Childish
Chapter 8: Friend
Chapter 9: I Was Drunk
Chapter 10: Two Can Play the Game
Chapter 11: We're Friends
Chapter 12: Heels
Chapter 13: Bartender
Chapter 14: Chosen
Chapter 15: Performance
Chapter 16: Invite
Chapter 17: Happy Birthday
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: Date
Chapter 20: Secret
Chapter 21: Tony's
Chapter 22: Lost Count
Chapter 23: Prom
Chapter 24: I Quit
Chapter 25: Slow
Chapter 26: Park
Chapter 27: Bunk
Chapter 28: McHamilton
Chapter 29: Wedding Rehearsal
Chapter 30: Catch Up
Chapter 31: Wedding
Chapter 32: Pencey's
Chapter 33: I Love You
Chapter 34: Follow Your Heart
Chapter 35: Double Date
Chapter 36: Awkward
Chapter 37: Night Club
Chapter 38: Art
Chapter 39: Oh Shit
Chapter 40: Not Innocent
Chapter 41: Proof
Chapter 42: Trial Run
Chapter 43: Clean Slate
Chapter 44: Thank You's and a Kiss

Chapter 45: New Years Eve

16.2K 450 89
Door silviaaxox

•Part 45•

The next day Liam picked me up for school. It was the first morning where I woke up with a smile on my face and felt like I was full of life. It was bizarre to think that one person could make you feel so alive.

As soon as we got out of the car he took my hand. I was surprised, I mean, a few months ago, he refused to even look at me in school, and now, he was dropping me off, and leading me into school by the hand.

"You sure about this?" I asked, looking up at him.

A smile appeared on his face as he looked at me. "100 per cent." I bit back a smile. "You look beautiful today."

I looked down at my nude scallop crop cami top with gold embellished patterns, black skinny jeans with rips on both knees and black heeled chelsea boots and laughed, knowing it wasn't true. "Thanks."

"You're welcome babe." And before I had time to register his use of the word, 'babe', his lips were down on mine. I let go of his hand and cupped his face, bringing it closer to mine. There we were, standing in the middle of the parking lot, making out. I could feel every single person around us staring in astonishment but I didn't care, because this was my happy moment.

/////

"Hey guys." I grinned as Liam and I walked into the diner.

"Awh look at you two." Dylan cooed, looking at our interlocked hands.

I rolled my eyes, sliding into the booth, followed by Liam.

"Seriously, Dylan and I were talking about it earlier. We're so happy for you two." Poppy told us.

I smiled as Liam gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Likewise guys."

"So when's the wedding?" Poppy teased. I kicked her under the table subtly, earning an "Ouch that hurt."

"It was meant to." I smiled.

"Liam, wanna go and order?" Dylan asked, getting a nod in reply before leaving.

"So seriously, how are things? How do you feel finally being back with him?" Poppy asked.

"Happy." I admitted, smiling. "He led me into school, holding my hand today. He kissed me in front of everyone."

"Awh you sound like a 11 year old teenage girl." Poppy cooed.

I laughed. "I know. But looking back at how he used to treat me, him kissing me in front of everyone was the last thing I'd expect."

Poppy nodded. "I know, I completely understand."

"I hadn't realised how much happier I would be having him back in my life." I told her.

"Have you told him you love him?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know how. I still feel so vulnerable when I say those words."

"You do love him though right?"

"Of course. I'm sure I do. And I will tell him, when it feels right."

"Are you going to the New Year's Eve party?" She asked.

"I want to, but I was hoping he'd ask me."

"Hasn't he yet?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

"I'm sure he will."

"What if it's too much of a statement?" I joked, remembering back to the words that killed me a few weeks back.

Poppy shook her head. "If he's kissed you in front of everyone, he'll take you to the party."

"And if he doesn't?" I asked.

"Then I shall personally cut his balls off with a blunt butter knife in his sleep and sew them into his nipples." Poppy smiled.

I burst out laughing. "For his sake, and for my dream of having a family in the future, he better invite me."

"Awh, you're thinking of having a family with him." Poppy cooed.

I shrugged. "I don't believe in getting into a relationship if you don't intend on staying in it."

/////////

As Liam walked me to my front door, and I was about to walk in, he grabbed my hand. "One last thing."

I turned to him with a curious eyebrow. "Hmmm?"

"I don't know if you'd like to, and I understand if you won't because we're at an early stage and all," he told me. "But would you like to go with me to the New Years party?"

A smile appeared on my face so big that I had to attempt to bite it back. "I would love to."

"You would?" He asked in relief.

I nodded, pressing my lips to his. "Goodnight."

//////

The day had come upon us.

"What are you wearing?" Poppy asked nervously as she dug through her wardrobe.

I took out my silver sequin bodycon dress with a low v-neck. "This."

"Fvckin hell." Poppy cursed. "You're gonna look smoking!"

"I have to try though unlike you." I winked.

She laughed rolling her eyes. "I don't have anything to wear."

"Here, let me have a look." I pushed her aside. She had beautiful dresses, but none of them were really appropriate for a New Years party. Until I caught a glimpse of a black bodycon dress. I pulled it out to see the gold engraved tribal pattern all over it and the hem of the dress. I stuck it in her face. "You're wearing this."

"I don't like it—"

"I don't care." I told her. "It's beautiful. Go put it on."

She huffed, snatching the dress off of me and storming into her bathroom. I took the time to slip my own on with a pair of glittered silver sandal heels, and grabbed my square silver glitter clutch.

Poppy walked out of the bathroom, and I felt my jaw drop. The dress hugged her figure perfectly, reaching to her mid thigh.

"With straps or without?" She asked.

"With." I told her. "It makes your boobs look bigger."

She laughed. "Thanks."

"Why didn't you like the dress?" I asked. "You look amazing!"

She shrugged. "I don't know. It's just not me."

I rolled my eyes. "Dylan is gonna be drooling all night."

"Liam won't even be able to." She winked. "Cos when he sees you, he'll drop dead."

I burst out laughing. "Yeah right."

/////////

The doorbell rang and I couldn't run downstairs any faster. As Poppy and I opened the front door we both witness as Dylan's and Liam's jaws dropped.

"Hi to you too." I laughed.

"Lucy..." Liam stuttered.

"Stop! You're making me blush." I bit back a smile.

I looked over to Poppy and Dylan where there were not words exchanged. Dylan was still pretty much speechless at the sight of his girlfriend and she was blushing like crazy. I felt proud.

"Okay guys, we're gonna be late." She said with a laugh. "I love you Dylan, but I prefer when you speak."

He shook his head before closing his mouth. "You look amazing."

A grin appeared on her face. "Not too bad yourself Huffman." She placed a kiss on his lips before grabbing his hand and leading him to his car. "Are you gonna drive, or should I?" She laughed.

Dylan kissed her cheek before opening the passenger door for her. Poppy poked her head out the window while Dylan turned the engine on. "We'll see you there okay?"

I nodded. "Drive safe!" And with that they were off. I turned back to Liam, giving him a kiss. "You look hot in a suit."

"Don't try to turn the attention off of yourself." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Can you not accept a compliment?"

Liam chuckled. "You know I can."

"Well then you're welcome." I smiled.

He placed his hands on my hips and brought me closer. "Thank you."

////////

The party was amazing and had completely lived up to everyone's expectations.

Everyone was out of it but as the DJ announced that there was 5 minutes left of the current year, everyone started shuffling around searching for their other half or just another single person they could share a midnight kiss with.

I for once didn't have to search. My midnight kiss was standing right in front of me, his hands around my hips, my hands around his neck. "You don't understand how happy this makes me."

"What?" I asked.

"Us." He smiled. "This. Me being able to be here with you, hold you like this, have you look at me with happiness, and not hatred. Being able to have you as my date, and of course to have you be the first person I see when I open my eyes as the clock announces the new year. You're the first person I want to see in the new year, and the last this time next year."

I looked at him through the tears in my eyes. For once, they were happy ones. His words made me weak and made me fall in love with him so much deeper. Liam was never an open person and I knew how hard it must have been for him to say those words to me, and that meant the world to me.

"Are you crying?" He asked, with a smile, wiping away a tear from my cheek.

"Yeah." I laughed nervously. "Out of happiness though."

He chuckled. "I need to stop making you cry."

I shook my head. "No, this is okay."

"Come on, let me wipe your eyes. We don't want you to start the new year in tears." He smile, wiping the rest of my cheeks with his thumb.

"I'm happy too." I told him. He looked at me slightly confused at the comment. "You know, to be here with you. You're the only person I could think of wanting to start the new year with, and we've been through so much, but we've gotten here, and I couldn't be happier."

"We can only get stronger." He smiled, placing his hands back at my hips, as the DJ started the countdown.

Everyone turned to the big TV, where the timer counted from 30 seconds downwards. Liam and I though, didn't look away from each other.

"5! 4! 3! 2! One—"

I was interrupted by the touch of Liam's lips on mine. I slid my hands from behind his neck to his cheeks, cupping his face to bring him closer, as his grip on my hips tightened.

Soon after, Liam smiled into the kiss, leaning away. "Happy New Year babe. I love you."

That's when I knew it. It was the perfect time to tell him, so I looked straight in his eyes with a big smile. "I love you too."

And I got to witness something beautiful. The most wonderfully genuine and amazing smile I have ever seen, appeared on Liam's face. And as he looked straight at me, I knew it was because of what I said.

And suddenly I was living the words of a famous singer, 'when your happiness is someone else's happiness, that is love'.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So that's it guys! I hope you've enjoyed this story and I want to thank you all for staying with me through my slow updates and lack of time and system complications where the whole story went back to the drafts. I appreciate every vote and view that you guys give me and it really does mean a lot!

If you like this story and have hopefully enjoyed it, please vote and if you haven't and you've got constructive criticism, then leave me a comment or message me ☺️ thank you once again. X

http://www.polyvore.com/back_to_normal/set?id=126721295&lid=3706920

http://www.polyvore.com/happy_new_years_love_you/set?id=126645665&lid=3706920

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
2.8M 133K 67
Book 1.5 in the "Life in-" series Ashton McClain is lost. After two years of spiraling out of control he has nowhere left to go. Trying to find somet...
913K 31.7K 45
Kimberly Jones, better known as Kimber, is new in town. She's the beautiful and smart daughter of a Secret Service member, fully capable of handling...
5.4M 140K 64
"Two different people coming together and figuring out that they are not that different is the best kind of love." All rights reserved. Copyright © 2...