My Middle School Crush (BoyxB...

By geekiechicforall13

Highest Rankings: #1 Interracial #2 LGBT/LGBTQ #2 Gay #2 highschool #3 Wattpride #5 Boyxboy #17 ManxMan Maso... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 24

2.8K 121 27
By geekiechicforall13

(A/N: Listen to the song above (Hold Tight by Sabrina Carpenter in case you can't see it). A total bop. Also, XD = Laughing emojis. Just in case some of your devices have different emoji situations)

Chapter 24: Hold Tight 

Mark and Mason held hands throughout the rest of the class. As time passed, Mason got the feeling that they were becoming less like friends and more like boyfriends. Whether or not that's true, Mason enjoyed every moment of it.

Mark was the first to finish, waiting silently and watching as Mason finished his own work. Mark was glad that he was the first done. It gave him plenty of time to just watch Mason. Mark actually found it quite funny that only within the last few months had he realized how enjoyable that could be. Mason truly was a sight and Mark was lucky enough to be able to take him in.

When Mason was done, he found Mark staring at the side of his head. His cheeks went warm, realizing that a lot of time could have passed with Mark just waiting for him. To distract from this, he began to talk.

"Um, do you want to compare answers?" He asked through a slight stutter, his nerves making an appearance. "There are a couple here that I'm not confident on."

"Sure."

They heard no sign of the class being finished and with others around still scribbling away, the two of them spent more time by comparing answers. It was a bit tricky flipping through pages when they didn't separate hands, but eventually they got all the way down the list.

By that time, a few stragglers were still not finished. They spent the rest of the lesson just talking with their joint hands between them. Mark didn't want to say this outloud, but he was glad others were taking so long. He liked having Mason's wide palm and long fingers keeping his own hand so warm. He liked that it forced them to remain close and was a way for Mark to feel Mason's heartbeat.

"Alright, class is over!" Ms. Adams announced, her voice carrying throughout the room. "You all can go. Good work everyone!"

It was as if they were both woken up from a dream and pulled back into reality. Mason looked down at their joined hands before looking into Mark's eyes. He had to let go now, didn't he? They weren't a couple, no matter how much Mason had convinced himself otherwise, so it wouldn't be okay for them to act like they were. Yet, a part of Mason wanted Mark to disagree. He wanted Mark to come right out and say that they should leave the building like this just because and not care what everyone thinks. He wanted Mark to grip his hand so tight it was impossible for Mason to take his hand back.

But, Mason began to pull his hand out and Mark didn't stop him. The openness in Mark's expression that had been there for their entire lesson was suddenly covered up by a blank face. Mason hated that they were now hiding their connection once again, but he didn't complain.

Mason thought that they wouldn't speak for the rest of the day. Now that they were no longer being so open, he assumed that Mark would want some distance. Mason went to stand up and put his chair away, but was surprised when Mark held his arm to stop him.

"Mason,"

I love you would have been nice to hear, Mason joked to himself.

"Do you want to go out with me tomorrow?"

Mason thought that this was almost as good.

"There is this really cool gelato place in Little Italy that I want to show you." Mark explained, reminding Mason of the awesome Italian area of Toronto. "That is, if you want to come."

Mason wondered why Mark thought he even had to ask.

"Of course I want to come! I love y- Little Italy!" Mason exclaimed, his face going red at his near fatal slip-up. "When do you want to go?"

Luckily, Mark didn't seem to notice Mason's mistake at all, planning out their next date with an excitement that made Mason's heart warm. Mason sat back down in his chair as Mark continued to speak, watching him with a wide smile.

"I feel like there are a lot of cool things to see over there and good food to try so we should probably start earlier."

"Is three alright?" Mason asked. "I don't want to be getting up super early on a weekend to take the bus."

"How about this." Mark began, leaning forward with a smile. "I'll pick you up and drive us so we can be there by 2:30."

"Deal." Mason stated with a large grin. "As long as you're able to get the car."

Mark look utterly offended while Mason laughed his butt off.

"Hey, me and Jasmine share it. I can totally get the car for Friday."

Even with the solid argument, Mason still laughed at him because Jasmine was definitely the controlling one in their relationship. Mason's laughter began to die out until he could finally get more than a word out.

"Why do you guys still share a car anyway?" Mason asked curiously, a teasing smile stretching out his face. "I know your parents have plenty of money to pay for both of your cars."

Mark sighed at the thought, falling back into his seat and dragging a hand through his hair. It was an  interesting question because it was one he's asked his parents multiple times. But it was one he always got the same response to.

"They think it's unnecessary since Jasmine and I do so much together and once you walk or take an uber out of the neighborhood, it's easy to take the transit around." Even as Mark said it, he seemed frustrated by the reasoning. "It sucks, but I don't work so the money decisions go to them. Though, it's not the first time I've disagreed with my parents."

"Ditto." Mason muttered, remembering arguments with his parents over chores and curfews. Mark quickly snapped out of his negative rut, putting thoughts of his parents aside for the moment.

"Let's go find Tobias and Aubrey," Mark told Mason, standing up with newfound energy. Mason stood up as well and followed Mark's lead in putting away their chairs. "I'm sure Gabe will find us himself."

Mason laughed not only at Mark's comment, but also at the annoyed tone in his voice at the mention of Gabe. Mason wasn't entirely sure what was going on with his overly touchy friend, but he understood why Mark might be bothered. Mark and Mason weren't fans of cheating or doing things behind one's back so Mason was sure that Mark would back off if he and Gabe started a thing. And, as far as Mason knew, Mark wanted to cash in on some sex before any arrangements were cancelled.

It was a bit disheartening for Mason to be reminded that Mark wasn't invested in Mason's heart, but he tried to remember not to dwell. What they had going on was good and he had to remember that.

"Mason! Hey, babe!" Gabe yelled loudly, causing some heads to roll and Mason's cheeks to heart up yet again.

"Speak of the devil," Mark grumbled with a dark glare. "And he shall appear."

—————

Mason was in a pretty good mood. After spending so much time with Mark this morning and easing their tension, he was floating on cloud nine. He was in such a good mood, in fact, that he had worked out, completely of his own free will.

Mason practically skipped to the gym, humming a song he couldn't think of the lyrics to on his way. His workout was short but tiring, making his enthusiastic muscles turn into jelly in no time. Mason felt a similar sense of accomplishment once he finished his last rep. The fulfilment of having completed it without stopping brought a large grin on to his face. However, that grin fell when he noted how little his muscles wanted to work.

He was probably going to feel that in the morning. 

To try to ease some of that inevitable soreness, Mason began stretching all of the muscles that he'd used. Easing them back into inactivity would help with the soreness later, Mason knew this from personal experience.

Mason was sitting on a mat, bent over with a firm hold on his foot, when he heard a notification. It was undeniable that Mason was close with his friends. So close, actually, that he had set separate notification sounds for certain group chats. This change was a recent one, done after Mason hadn't been responsive when Clark had gotten the courage to spill about one bad story with his ex over text.

The memory of Clark's crestfallen expression when it was brought up and he said "what the hell are you talking about" was so horrible, Mason had quickly fixed the issue.

Mason picked up his phone, curious to see what Jasmine and Clark were texting about this time.

Jazz

Afternoon boys.
How r u?

Clark

I'm okay. I'm a bit tired but that's pretty normal.

Seeing that their conversation had just started, Mason decided to chime in as well.

Mason

I'm actually doing really good.
Class was nice today.

Jazz

Mason! I was worried youd still be napping.

Mason

I dont sleep thst much!
*that

Clark

Yeah you do

Mason

Did you ever think that you dont sleep enuff?
Ive seen those dark circles Clark

Clark

Hey!

Jazz

Children. No fighting.
Neither of you are as beautiful as moi

Clark

Keep telling yourself that, Jazz. It is obvious that I am
the cutest of the duo. Have you seen my ass?

Mason

XD XD XD

Jazz

Fine Ur bubble buts the best lol

Clark

Thank you.

Mason tried to focus on finishing his stretches--he knew how sore he could be if he didn't--but the messages with Clark and Jasmine were so funny. Although Mason knew that there were others in the gym, he still found himself laughing out loud at the interactions.

Mason had to pause from joining the conversation for a couple minutes so he could quickly finish, but he watched the banter going back and forth between his friends the entire time. Even as Mason left the gym and started walking back home again, he continued to text Clark and Jasmine.

They discussed recent song releases from singers they liked and praised Mason for improving his abs at the gym. All of them knew that Mason's slightly protruding stomach was far from a six pack, but it was nice to tease the only remotely active person amongst them.

Time passed by quickly with the three of them exchanging text after text, and Mason soon saw his house in the distance.

Jazz

Hey!
y'all free tomorrow?

Clark

Yeah. Why?

Jazz

i really want a new shirt
i need something thats classy but could be casual if i dressed it right
i dont have nuff of those

Mason

So...

Jazz

lets go to the mall!!!

Clark

I'm in!

Mason

Sure! That sounds fun!

Jazz

K
So we r obviously gonna go to Yorkdog mall bc its the best
*yorkdale fuck
Maybe we can do 5?
i wouldve gotten the car to pick y'all up but Marks stealing it tomorrow

Mason had been walking up the stairs when he received Jasmine's last message, but he nearly tripped over a wooden step when he read the words for a second time.

Shit.

Mason had completely forgotten that there was no way he could go to the mall tomorrow when he was going to be spending the entire day with Mark. Mason felt like having to reject their invitation was going to seem even jerkier when he does it five minutes after agreeing the first time. Mason winced at the thought, but he knew he had to do it as soon as possible.

Clark

Aw, that's a bummer.
Well, the bus is fine with me.

Mason

Actually, I cant go with you guys

Jazz

Wut???
U dont like taking the bus???

Mason

Lol, no
I have a ton of nursing work and it needs to be done this weekend

Clark

Aw, you can't do it on Saturday or Sunday instead?

Mason

Sorry, no
It has to be done ASAP
But you guys have fun, k?

Jazz

Fine
Well send tons of cute selfies to make you regret staying behind

Mason

Thx
I'll love all of them

Even after he'd already sent the message, Mason felt bad about lying to them, especially Jasmine. Jasmine had been shipping him and Mark together since disney channel and family channel weren't sentimental but just entertainment. She had seen almost the entire development of Mason's feelings from the root to what they are today. She was the first person Mason wanted to tell about all of this but he couldn't, not without Mark's permission.

If Mason spilled that he was going out with Mark the next day, their secret would be spilled seconds later. Sure, Mason and Mark have spent some time alone, usually at the Tyler house when Jasmine wasn't around. But, it was clearly unusual for them to go out alone because, as friends, why wouldn't they just invite everyone. The questions would flow one after the other and the truth would be inevitable.

Even if Mark hypothetically felt comfortable sharing his sexuality with his family, sharing his lax sexual practices might be crossing a line. And, at the moment, Mason's role in it was on the other side of the line.

The complications of the whole thing made Mason groan. He and Mark really needed to talk about that. But, until then, Mason would have to keep all of their dates a secret for as long as he could.

Mason just had to hope that was long enough.

———————————

AAH!

New Chapter!

So, issues with Wattpad's video feature made me update earlier than expected, so you guys can enjoy this a week early!

Btw, I started the Friday thing because I'm hoping that it will help me update more consistently. Something I might need even more now that school has started.

Anywhore,

Estimates how long they can keep it a secret from Jazz?

I love hearing your guesses so sound off.

Anyday,

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, anything else you can do with this book and I will see you next week. Bye!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 96.1K 38
Tyler Lewis is a 17-year-old openly gay boy who's been heartbroken so many times. After finding a new "love" his parents were afraid that his heart w...
90.9K 2.9K 44
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
4.7M 119K 40
Luke has been in love with his best friend, Taylor, for too long now and it's getting difficult to be around him. He knows it's time to move on and f...
2M 80.8K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...