Mr Popular Is Keeping Me A Se...

By silviaaxox

When Lucy wakes up in the hospital after a fight with her ex turned to violence she has no clue who her savio... More

Chapter 1: Hospital
Chapter 2: The View
Chapter 3: Cast Off
Chapter 4: Back to School
Chapter 5: 'I'm Back Baby'
Chapter 6: Hero
Chapter 7: Childish
Chapter 8: Friend
Chapter 9: I Was Drunk
Chapter 10: Two Can Play the Game
Chapter 11: We're Friends
Chapter 12: Heels
Chapter 13: Bartender
Chapter 14: Chosen
Chapter 15: Performance
Chapter 16: Invite
Chapter 17: Happy Birthday
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: Date
Chapter 20: Secret
Chapter 21: Tony's
Chapter 22: Lost Count
Chapter 23: Prom
Chapter 24: I Quit
Chapter 25: Slow
Chapter 26: Park
Chapter 27: Bunk
Chapter 29: Wedding Rehearsal
Chapter 30: Catch Up
Chapter 31: Wedding
Chapter 32: Pencey's
Chapter 33: I Love You
Chapter 34: Follow Your Heart
Chapter 35: Double Date
Chapter 36: Awkward
Chapter 37: Night Club
Chapter 38: Art
Chapter 39: Oh Shit
Chapter 40: Not Innocent
Chapter 41: Proof
Chapter 42: Trial Run
Chapter 43: Clean Slate
Chapter 44: Thank You's and a Kiss
Chapter 45: New Years Eve

Chapter 28: McHamilton

10.7K 299 47
By silviaaxox

•Part 28•

"Where were you yesterday?" Poppy asked as I took my seat in the lunch hall.

"I bunked."

"Alone?"

"With Sean."

"Okay seriously Lucy, he likes you!" She told me. "It's so damn obvious."

I shook my head. "No he doesn't. And even if he did it doesn't matter because it was awful."

"What happened?"

I shrugged. "He-- he told me he's friends with Liam."

"As in Hamilton?!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. "He just asked my what happened between Liam and I and said that he's always been close to ben because he's a really good guy--"

"He said Liam's a good guy?" I nodded. "And you reacted how?" I could feel Poppy's cautiousness as if she knew already how I reacted. She knew me so well.

"I wouldn't say crazy, but I freaked out." I admitted. "We decided to forget about it but it was just so awkward."

"So what now?" Poppy asked. "Did you talk about it?"

"We did. But I'm scared that I messed up."

Poppy shook her head. "Your reaction was understandable Luce. If Sean can't accept that then that's his loss. But he's a great guy, he's probably already forgotten."

"I hope so--"

"Speaking of the devil." Poppy muttered.

I didn't even manage to look around before Sean had appeared at our table. "Mornin ladies."

"Hey." Poppy and I greeted at the same time.

"You look pretty as always today." He grinned at me.

I was wearing a teal tunique kimono top with a brown leather string belt, a pair of black skinny jeans and brown leather multi strap sandal heels. "Thank you." I smiled.

Sean opened his mouth to speak just as his phone went off. "Damn." He cursed after reading the message.

"You okay?" I asked.

Sean looked up at me apologetically. "I'm sorry I forgot I had training. I'll call you later okay?" I nodded. "Bye Poppy."

"See ya. Tell Dylan to call me when he's free." She shouted after him.

"I will!" And he was gone.

I turned back to my best friend. "You'll never understand how happy I am for you and Dylan."

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Thank you."

"Are you happy with him?" I asked.

"So happy." She smiled. "I feel like he's everything I've ever wanted. Just a shame he's got a prick as a best friend."

I laughed. "No ones perfect."

"You know, I wish I could do something. I love Sean, he's such a nice guy and if you guys were to be together and he made you happy, I would never ask for more." She trailed off.

"But?" I could feel it coming.
She sighed. "Does it make me a bad friend to still want you with Liam?"

I shook my head. "Poppy--"

"Seriously Luce. That's what I'm saying. If I could do something, I'd do anything to get you two together. I'm sorry for saying this because I know he hurt you and I hate seeing you upset. But seriously Luce, I think he might love you." She said softly.

My mouth dropped as my eyes popped. "Poppy what are you on?!"

"Lucy think about--"

"No." I shook my head. "No. I'm sorry Pops, I love you, you're my best friend and I appreciate everything you're saying. I know you want me to be happy but imagining things won't help."

"I'm not imagining Liam loving you." Poppy argued. "Lucy, he wouldn't be trying so hard to get you back if he felt nothing."

"I'm sorry but I can't let this get to me." I told her. "It's too much of a risk Pops. I just can't handle being hurt by him again."

Poppy nodded. "I understand."

"Let's get back to Dylan again." I grinned, trying to hide the pain and change the subject. "Do you guys even get to see each other a lot?"

Poppy sighed. "No. He always has training or matches. I can tell that he tries his best to make up for it though when he can. But I wish we could spend more time together."

"Well Sean has training with him doesn't he?" I asked. "Why don't we go and watch them?"

"Like a pair of creepy teenage fan girls?" Poppy laughed.

I nodded proudly. "Something like that."

////////

Half an hour later we were at our local park nearing the pitch.

"Remember when we started high school and we came here after school to creepishly perve on all the guys on the pitch?" Poppy asked, as we sat down under one of the trees.

I laughed, "Oh God that was so cringey."

"Well things haven't really changed." She pointed out.

"Except you're actually dating one of them." I winked.

She gasped dramatically. "I'd love to go back to the 11 year old me and tell her that dreams really do come true."

We both laughed. "Those were the good old days. Remember when one of the guys hit you on the head with the ball and you--"

"Poppy!" The sound of Dylan's voice automatically caught Poppy's attention as our heads both snapped in the direction of the boy coming towards us. "Hey Luce." I waved with a smile as Poppy got up to hug her sweaty boyfriend. "What are you two doing here?"

"I came to see you." She smiled, keeping her arms around his neck.

"You did?" He grinned. I watched them in awe. He was so happy that she came to see him and his happiness made her happy too. It was like they were feeding off of each other's happiness and that was the most beautiful thing you could ask for in a relationship.

I decided to leave them alone, being a third wheel wasn't really my life time ambition. I scanned the team on the pitch, searching for Sean but I couldn't find him. He must've not seen us and left already.

"Lucy?" The voice made me jump. I spun around to face a confused Liam.

"Can I help you?"

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"What? Is this your territory or something?" Whoa Lucy, calm down.
He took a cautious step back. "No, I was just asking."

I licked my teeth in anger. "Speaking of questions, I've got one for you."

"What is it?"

"Since when are you best buddy's with Sean?!" I snapped.

Liam stared at me blankly for a second before replying. "What is this?"

"Answer my question Hamilton." I demanded. "Since when are you two friend?"

"For a while now. Why would you be so upset about that?" He asked.

I laughed humourlessly. "Isn't it a coincidence that as soon as I'm getting over you and possibly thinking about another guy, it turns out you're mates with him?!"

Liam furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, you don't think that I'd actually become friends with someone just to get closer to you do you?"

I sighed. "I don't know what to think anymore Liam! I'm going crazy! And it's all because of you. I'm so paranoid and hurt and upset and angry and I'm just trying to get over you and start being interested in other guys but when I try you seem to be connected to everyone I know and everything I do."

Liam looked hurt for a split second. "You're actually interested in McCoy?"
Was he jealous? "That's none of your business." I started walking away. I didn't want to have this conversation with him. To be honest, he was the last person I wanted to have any conversation with.

"Lucy--"

"Leave me alone Hamilton." I shouted back and he listened for once.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/now_youre_friends/set?id=126188928&lid=3706920

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 8.8K 35
Life is bound to happen. Vienna Conley learned this at a young age when she experienced a tragic accident. It's why she chooses to live each day to t...
624K 7.6K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
53.7K 2.4K 36
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...