Mr Popular Is Keeping Me A Se...

By silviaaxox

When Lucy wakes up in the hospital after a fight with her ex turned to violence she has no clue who her savio... More

Chapter 1: Hospital
Chapter 2: The View
Chapter 3: Cast Off
Chapter 4: Back to School
Chapter 5: 'I'm Back Baby'
Chapter 6: Hero
Chapter 7: Childish
Chapter 8: Friend
Chapter 9: I Was Drunk
Chapter 10: Two Can Play the Game
Chapter 11: We're Friends
Chapter 12: Heels
Chapter 13: Bartender
Chapter 14: Chosen
Chapter 15: Performance
Chapter 16: Invite
Chapter 17: Happy Birthday
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: Date
Chapter 20: Secret
Chapter 21: Tony's
Chapter 22: Lost Count
Chapter 24: I Quit
Chapter 25: Slow
Chapter 26: Park
Chapter 27: Bunk
Chapter 28: McHamilton
Chapter 29: Wedding Rehearsal
Chapter 30: Catch Up
Chapter 31: Wedding
Chapter 32: Pencey's
Chapter 33: I Love You
Chapter 34: Follow Your Heart
Chapter 35: Double Date
Chapter 36: Awkward
Chapter 37: Night Club
Chapter 38: Art
Chapter 39: Oh Shit
Chapter 40: Not Innocent
Chapter 41: Proof
Chapter 42: Trial Run
Chapter 43: Clean Slate
Chapter 44: Thank You's and a Kiss
Chapter 45: New Years Eve

Chapter 23: Prom

11.3K 323 29
By silviaaxox

•Part 23•

Stress. That's all I felt on the day of Prom. The dress shopping had been a complete success and I had settled for a coral pink satin flared bottom gown with a silver beaded top. It was beautiful. Stunning in fact. I matched it to a pair of silver rhinestone multi strap high heel sandals and a saint laurent silver clutch.

But that positive vibe was gone and stress was taking over.

"Guys we need to calm down." Poppy exclaimed.

"I can't." I argued. "This is so stressful."

"Poppy, prom is in 3 hours and we're not ready!" Melissa panted.

"And we're not going to be if we don't sit the fvck down and start breathing!" Poppy shouted. "Lucy sit your ass down, Melissa get the make up and I'll get started on her hair."

I did as I was told and it had worked. Nearly and hour later I was ready. My make up and hair was on point. Now it was time for Melissa's hair. Poppy braided it, letting out loose strands all over the hairstyle to make it look more like Melissa.

I had the job of Poppy's make up which was a big responsibility considering I could barely do my own on a daily basis.

"Guys! It's time!" Poppy finally announced as we all appeared in the living room. It took us hours to get ready but we were finally done. I was happy with my look, the dress was perfect and I couldn't be happier. Poppy had bought a dark blue strapless long gown with a gold imbraided top half and a pair of gold sandal heels. Melissa on the other hand settled for a shorter dress that puffed out just above her knees. It was turquoise with a rhinestone waistline and one shoulder strap also filled with stones. She was the smallest out of us meaning she had the highest pair of heels on which looked funnier than it probably was meant to.

Our mums were all gathered around the staircase patiently waiting for us to appear. Only one question was going through our minds; which mother was going to burst first?

"Girls! You look beautiful!" Mrs Robinson it was. I saw Poppy roll her eyes in disappointment at her mother being so emotionally weak. We weren't being mean, it was just a slight bet we made upstairs, and seeing as Poppy was about as cold as ice when it came to basic human emotions, her mother being so emotional was quite funny.

My mothers tears appeared before she spoke. "I remember when you were all just five years old-"

"Mum, we really don't have to do this." I insisted.

Mrs Cox was last which painted a proud smile on Melissa's face. Melissa was by far the most emotional out of us three so this was quite a surprise. "You're all so grown up." She cried. And there they were. Three grown middle-aged woman weeping at the sight of their 18 year old daughters going to prom. Quite flattering but also quite sad.

After a mini photo shoot, we heard three car horns outside the house and we knew that it was time. As Melissa opened the door we were met by our three dates. Poppy was met by Dylan who had a navy tie and gold handkerchief in his blazer pocket to match her dress. His eyes practically popped out at the sight of her and I couldn't blame him. She looked like a completely different girl. After she kissed him lightly in an attempt to regain his focus, he took her hand and whispered something in her ear.

Melissa was greeted by a grinning Peter who I didn't know too well but recognised him from the football team. Before prom, Melissa had never ever mentioned him to neither me nor Poppy so you can imagine our surprise when we found out that our shy book worm best friend got asked out by a jock, and a hot one at that! Don't get me wrong, we were extremely happy for her, it was just unexpected. He couldn't stop grinning as she played with his turquoise tie that matched her dress perfectly. I smiled at my two best friends and at how happy they were, before turning to face my own date.

I was nervous, extremely. I had never thought of Sean as anything more than just a mate and now he was my prom date only a few days after breaking up with my boyfriend. I couldn't be sure that this was a great idea.

Nevertheless, when I saw Sean's grin, all my nervousness disappeared and I couldn't help but smile myself. "Hey."

He didn't reply, he just stared. I laughed softly. "Are you okay?"

He shook his head. "I can't be okay, when you're looking like this."

I felt myself going red and immediately thanked God for make up. "Not too bad yourself McCoy."

There wasn't really much time to talk as the three mothers had appeared from inside the house and demanded another photoshoot with our dates. Thankfully, with the help of the boys in our protesting and complaining, it was soon over.

/////

The party had already started when we arrived. As soon as we walked through the doors, our ears were filled with the sound of the music and people laughing and talking and singing. It was perfect. After all, I was part of the prom committee. The band was playing and before I knew it, Sean had grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. He struck some moves which immediately made me laugh.

"Please, stop." I begged between my gasps for air.

"You don't like it?" He asked, doing the boogie woogie.

"Sean, I can't breathe!" I laughed.

He was meant to speak but suddenly the song stopped playing and the band started playing familiar slow music.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

Good Riddance by Green Day started playing. I stared at the stage slightly confused before turning back to Sean. "This is my favourite song."

A smile appeared on his lips. "May I ask for a dance?"

"You may indeed." I took his hand as he closed up the space in between us.

Weirdly, I couldn't focus on the fact that I was slow dancing with Sean, with my head on his shoulder and his hands on my waist, because all I could think about was the fact that my favourite song by Green Day was playing. No one else cared, it was another song on the playlist for everyone else. But I felt like it was something more, I just couldn't figure it out. It intrigued me that the band stopped playing half way through a popular pop song to switch to a unknown Green Day slow song, and my favourite one at that.

Part of me wanted to believe that maybe Sean had asked them to play it before hand, but I knew that wasn't true. Sean didn't know me well enough to know that was one of my favourite songs, and we aren't exactly a couple for him to do something like that.

Nevertheless, it was bugging me. I just knew there was something behind it.

"You look beautiful tonight." Sean whispered in my ear. "I can't get over it."

I leaned my head back to look at him. "Thank you."

"Trust me, it's my pleasure."

I placed my head down on his shoulder and looked at the people around me. And that's when I saw him.

Liam was standing a few feet away, with a flower in his hand, staring right at me. He looked perfect, as always, in his perfectly fitted baby suit and his hair it's perfect usual mess. Suddenly I could feel myself heavy breathing, and my heart thumping. My throat had dried up and I couldn't think straight. What was he doing here? What was I meant to do?

"Sean, I need to use the bathroom. Could you get me a drink while I'm gone?" I whispered in his ear.

"Sure." He let go of my waist and walked off into the crowd.

I didn't think twice before making my way towards Liam. As I got closer I could feel his burning eyes on me and could see his hanging jaw. My heart stopped beating so fast and I suddenly felt a bit more comfortable, from the satisfaction of having him stare at me like that.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

He didn't speak straight away. "Lucy you look--"

"I don't want your compliments Liam." I snapped. I felt no remorse. Seeing him, dressed up, at prom, brought back everything. It crushed me all over again. Now I was going to crush him.

"Lucy--"

"Liam seriously, I don't want to hear your excuses. It's prom for fvck sake! I've been looking forward to this night ever since I started high school." The words spilled out before I could stop them. "Remember? I told you how important this might was to me but you didn't give a fvck. Of you did,I probably wouldn't be here with Sean, but you fvcked up Liam. You fvcked up big time." And with that I turned on my heel and walked off searching for Sean. I didn't understand. Why was Liam here? Was he trying to get to me? Trying to show me--

"Luce, are you okay?!" Someone's hand pulled me out of the crowd.

I forced a smile for Poppy. "I'm fine."

"You look lost and confused. What happened?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I'm fine."

Her eyes drifted in the direction that I had come from and by her bulging eyes I knew she had spotted him. "What is he doing here?!"

I shrugged. "I don't know and I don't care."

"What if he came as an attempt to get you back?" She asked.

"He didn't." I argued. "And if he did he's too late. I've given him so many second chances I'm done. This isn't a game."

"Come here." Poppy pulled me into a hug. "Do you want me to ask Dylan--"

"No no no." I pulled away. "Don't bother. I'm over it." And I actually felt like I partly was. My heart still thumped rapidly every time I saw Liam, and my throat dried every time I tried speaking to him. But when I saw him I just remembered what he did and how he played me, and suddenly I was over it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/formal_with_sean/set?id=126479141&lid=3706920

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
8.6K 271 12
-Where's my pass?!- Logan -Need help?- Oscar How a PadockPass can make two friends fall in love with eachother. And the consequences it will bring. ...
8.4K 206 18
Kyle is 16, and Stan is 17, and of course they've grown distant (like any Style fanfic ever 🙄). They don't talk anymore. Kyle was extremely close to...
484K 21K 52
A new family has just moved in across the street, peaking everyone's interest for they're like nothing this small suburban town has ever seen. You se...