In My Life (John Lennon fanfi...

By ADayIntheLife19

*Third/Final installment to 'Devil in Her Heart* *Book Three* It's finally the 1970's. And Lucy Daniels is l... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
OneShot/AlternateShortStory?

Chapter 69.

983 50 19
By ADayIntheLife19

November 24, 1980

Even though the album was released a week ago, John and Yoko went out to do another radio interview despite my favour. All I could do was bite my tongue, shut up and not make a fuss. I trust John I do. Just not her.

John promised to help me set up the crib since the baby's due date was a week from now. But he was too busy doing his damn interview. So I took it upon myself to read the instructions and set it up on my own.

I was rummaging through the closet when I found a small box full of Andrew's things. I paused and debated whether to leave it alone or look through it. Of course my deperate mind told me the latter.

I sat on the bed, opened the box and pulled out one of his shirts. I pouted and held it close to me.

"You stupid prick." I muttered. I unbuttoned my dress and stepped out of it, slipping his shirt on. I had to admit, I felt warm instantly.

I found a tin container full of ticket stubs. Most of them from Rolling Stones concerts. I giggled to find tons of pictures of us at gigs, in the office or just together at each other's apartments. I found one of us from sixty-three. It was an office Christmas party and we were still trying to get used to each other. I was so arrogant about my work and he was completely strict. I couldn't stand him. But there we were. Awkwardly smiling. His arm around my waist as we stood together.

"Look how young we were." I smiled to myself. I flipped through a few more. A  recent one of our day off. We went to a small gallery downtown and tried to make Max into a baby genius. This ended with him sleeping most of the day while me and Andrew went out to a few restaurants and spending the evening in bed.

I felt pressure in my belly as I bit my lip. I took a breath. "Don't you start in there."

I found a picture of him, Julian and James inside my office. I stared at how happy James was. My eyes teared up as I set it down.

The pain returned as I rubbed my stomach. I gasped and stood up. That's when I knew.

..

"Where's John?? I need my husband." I breathed, laying back on the bed.

"He's on his way honey. But right now we need you to push." The nurse said wiping the sweat off my forehead. I shook my head.

"I can't." I cried in pain.

"Yes you can." The nurse urged. I clutched the bed frame and pushed. Gasping for air, I was told to give another. My head was throbbing. My body was weak. I couldn't even speak by the time I gave it my all. I fell back on the bed and breathed heavily, my heart beating faster as my eyesight began to blur.

I heard doctors and nurses scrambling as I reached out. "My baby. I want to hold him."

"She's still concious. Keep her that way." I heard the doctor tell a nurse. "She's losing lots of blood."

I blinked but all I could see was darkness. My ears ringing. I felt woozy. I couldn't even speak. I heard a familiar voice.

"Lucy!? Where's my wife??"

"Sir you need to wait outside."

"What's wrong!? Atleast tell me that much!" The panic in his voice made my heart tremble. I heard the faint sound of the baby crying as I slipped more into unconciousness.

.........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 458 60
Anna Kelly has been eyeing him since she moved to Liverpool in the summer of 1957. A mutual obsession with rock n' roll and their big dreams bring th...
43.2K 1.5K 42
In the Spring of 1963, Cynthia Lennon gives birth to a beautiful baby boy. However, things don't go to plan, as complications during the delivery go...
25.4K 1K 36
"I love you Rebecca. I want spend my whole life with you." George found his voice that felt like a roar from within. "I love you too George," Rebecca...
111K 1.7K 40
❝ π“‰π’Άπ“ˆπ“‰π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“‚π“Šπ’Έπ’½ π“ˆπ“Œπ‘’π‘’π“‰π‘’π“‡ 𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 π“Œπ’Ύπ“ƒπ‘’. . . ❞ ━━━━━━━ β€§βœ§Μ£Μ‡β€§ ━━━━━━━ ...