The Painter [k.th] AU

Door AdreamIhad

He went to Paris to find some form of consolation by buying an expensive painting and meeting the famous arti... Meer

Auction
Deal
Cliche
Alison
Nightmare
Sorry
Happy
Merde
Cheers
Good morning
Tangled
Tiger
Moon
This
Hands
Date
Touch
No
Jin
Gold digger
Pluto
Save me
Home
Pinch me
Blessing
Marry me

PARIS

564 30 23
Door AdreamIhad

Taehyung POV

"I never thought I'll ever come back here..." I mumble to myself.

As I exit the French airport, I take a deep breath, close my eyes and it all comes back to me: the first time I saw her smile, her scent, our first fight, my first time... she was my first everything. I remember all this about her so clearly... and lost in memories I am happy for just a second. This is the place where we met. Paris.

When I open my eyes, reality hits me: she's gone! She is no longer in this world. I can never get her back.

I pick up my luggage and enter the car that's awaiting me, along with my assistant, Solar. She has been my assistant for 5 years now and she probably knows why sadness settled on my face a moment ago. She surely knows how much I miss her. My wife. Solar probably misses her as well. They used to be good friends. But then again, who wasn't friends with her? She was the most kind, lovely and friendly human on earth. But now, the angels are luckier than us.

It's been 2 years since ... the accident.
The first 6 months after her death everyone thought I was going to go crazy, including myself. I actually thought I was going to die from missing her so much. But my family and friends managed to convince me that she wouldn't want me to live like that so I tried to pick myself up somehow. Honestly, I think I'll never get over her. I loved her too much. But at least now I'm making an effort to live better. For her.

Nothing helped me. Not alcohol, not other women, not my best friends, not even the 3 months of therapy I secretly attended. Nothing. Well... nothing except art.

A year after her death I visited an art gallery. I used to love going to those with her. It was like a hobby of mine... collecting art pieces, especially paintings. Solar booked it for me to go alone, she said something like it's part of the healing process. I didn't want to go at first but also didn't want to disappoint my caring assistant, so I went.

It was at that art gallery where I discovered my new favourite artist. At first, I didn't know if it's a she or he because they only signed one letter: J. And it didn't even matter because J's works were amazing. J's paintings managed to pull me out of my depression for short periods of time and I felt guilty for it. Nonetheless I kept searching for more and more information about J. It became my only distraction.

I soon learned that J was a female artist from France. She was born in South Korea but moved to Paris after she got married. Rumor has it that she actually lost her husband after 4 months of being married. In that sense she was just like me. We both lost our spouses. Maybe that's why I felt so connected to her art. Her success began only after her husband's passing. She became more famous this past year because the emotions she manages to convey into her work.

When I first saw her paintings, I cried. Not just a lonely tear under my eye, no no no. I sobbed like a baby. One piece in particular caught my eye.

Come back to me

"Come back to me" was the title of it. When I saw this painting it broke my heart again. I totally understood it. I wanted to grab the artist by the collar, pull her close and say: I get you! The moments I spent staring at it were my moments of freedom. It sounds so weird now that I think about it, but it's true. Somehow, I was less depressed each time I encountered a new piece.

During my research about J I found out that she used to be a psychologist ; And now she gets her inspiration from peoples feelings, stories, lives. If the patient agrees to it, while they talk to her, she paints. This is the only way she takes appointments. She asks questions, they answer and she paints the "diagnosis " so to say. I found this so interesting that it blew my mind.

I convinced myself that this was the kind of therapy I needed. Nothing else helped so why not try this? I put all my energy into finding out more about her. But it was almost impossible. Nobody knew nothing. Everything I knew about her was from Wikipedia. Might as well be just rumours. She was so well hidden that I had to ask for help from Solar to find her. Well, we didn't find her per say, but we found out that she is selling some new paintings at a luxury auction in Paris, which was the next best thing.

I didn't know what else to do. This was the only thing that sparked my interest in the last 2 years. The only thing that got me up in the morning. And the only thing that kept my mind off of "her". That's why Solar didn't hesitate for one second when I asked her to book tickets to Paris. She knew I must attend the auction at all costs.

I really hope I can find this woman so I can make an appointment with her. I don't know why, but I feel like this ... thing... might help me somehow... help me put the pieces back together. I can only hope.

...

"We're here!" Solar turns to me. "Let me check us in and then we can call it a night; you need plenty of rest after that horrible flight! "

"You always worry about me, but never about yourself Solar!" I scold her in a friendly manner.

"Well.. you are the one who's attending the luxury auction tomorrow, aren't you? "

"Yes, I am. No pressure. " we both chuckle.

"You think you're going to meet her there?" She asks.

"I have to try at least. The artists usually attend these kind of things incognito. Even if she is there tomorrow, I have no idea what she looks like, her age or anything..." I respond disappointed.

"I'll be sure to keep an eye on everybody."

"I mean usually the artists are the older ones and they dress very elegantly. Watch out for those gold labels!"

"I'll do my best to help you find her, sir!"

"I know you will, Solar. Thank you for ... accompanying me here. You didn't have to.  They might fall apart without you back home, at the company." We smile again. " and for the millionth time: stop calling me sir. "

"Sorry, Tae! " she nodds.

We check in and each enter our own hotel room. I let myself fall on the bed. I can't even be bothered to shower or change my clothes as sleep comes over me like never before.

....

Jasmine's POV

I hear someone enter my room. They go towards the window and pull the curtains to the side.

"I can't believe you're still in bed" Hwasa scolds me.

"Arhhhhhh!!! ... " I muffle a scream and cover my head with my pillow.

"Get up, J! You're going to be late to your own auction!"

"I'm up, I'm up! Gosh! What's with that negative attitude? Don't you know a queen is never late, everybody else is simply early!" I smirk while stretching my arms in the air.

"I have to admit that was a nice save but please can you start getting ready? Jimin already left."

"Wait, did he take..."

"Of course. You know she loves car rides with Jiminie. He always plays the best songs. They went to school like 30 minutes ago. "

"Then why did you wake me up woman? I could've still slept a little bit more... " I pout like a child.

"You need to get ready! Important people will be there to discuss business with you. You can't keep avoiding them forever J! You know, you've gotten kind of famous in this last year. " she moves her eyebrows up and down.

"I DON'T CARE! I hate all this attention and I certainly hate this kind of events! The only reason I'm going today it's because the money goes to charity. I'm not a good business woman. I'm a psychiatrist for goodness sake! "

Hwasa looks at me for 3 seconds and then a big smirk appears on her face.

"That's why you've got me, J! Let me handle the wolves ! "

I get up from bed and stand in front of her. I let out a deep sigh and pull her into a bear hug.

Hwasa has been with me since as long as I can remember. She's more than just my best friend. She's become like an older sister to me or even like a mother. She's always been protective of me but after my "loss", she's taken upon herself to shield me from all evil things. That's why she became my assistant and moved in with me as well. Hwasa is everything I'm not: fearless, powerful, sexy and so on. I always joke around with her saying she completes me. She doesn't find it amusing.

Then one day, 2 years ago, along came Jimin and he just... never left! He was one of my last patients at the clinic and I couldn't help it, he was so lovely that we had to be friends.

The three of us have become inseparable since then. We've become like a really weird family I guess. They are all I have.

"I don't know what would I do without you and Jimin! " I say through the hug.

"Why are you always so clingy in the morning? Yuck! " she says while pushing me away.

"Shut up! I know you are secretly a sucker for my bear hugs!"

"I am really not! " she responds with the perfect poker face. "But I am a sucker for being punctual! Now that's a turn on!" She smirks again.

"Only for you my love!" I joke while heading towards the shower. "I'll be ready in no time!"

"Please don't wear jeans this time! You might actually have to participate in some conversations!" She pleads in a whining manner.

"You know I don't own dresses. But, I'll let you do all the talking, as always. I'll just hang in the art room and if you need my signature or something just call me, okay? " I fake smile at her.

"You're .... arhhh ... so... hopeless! I don't even know why I try with you! "

"Love you too sweetheart!" I say as I blow her a kiss and close the bathroom door behind me.

....

Taehyung's POV

"At a school?" I asked surprised "why is the auction held at a public school?"

"Apparently the money that comes out of it goes to some children's charity." Solar responds.

"Hmm.. that's kind of nice."

After a moment of silence, we got out of the car to stand in front of a very big school building. Black limousines were parking behind us and all kinds of people started to arrive.

We made our way inside and found our seats. People from all over the world were mingling around us. Which one of these glamorous ladies is her?

That one seems to be her.... nah, she's way to old.
Maybe that lady over there.... actually she's too "flashy".
Maybe the one next to her? Nevermind, she just kissed that old man. Gold digger...

"Where are you J?" I whisper to myself as I let my eyes wander around the room. A moment later I saw this woman entering. That must be her.

She looked exactly how I've imagined her: strong, confident and cold. She must be her. I start to stare. Solar elbows me and says:

"You think that's her?"

"I am almost 100% sure that's her! I mean.. just look at her, Solar! Not too young, not too old, expensive clothes... everything about her just fits!"

"Are you going to approach her?"

"Of course I am. Just not right now. The timing must be perfect. I think I'll observe her for a bit and talk to her during the break."

She inspired Jasmine

To be continued

Here it is: the first chapter of "The painter"!

What are your thoughts?

Love,
AdreamIhad

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

611 55 18
"You're like the sun in my life. It feels like you've always been there. You're this consistent element I would never want to lose. Even at night, in...
4.4K 320 7
Where Jungkook meets his love after a long time whom he loved from his childhood. This is my first time writing a story. Kindly ignore the grammar mi...
116K 2.6K 31
Your life changed instantly when you scored yourself a job not only under your dream company but working along your favourites idols , BTS You were...
6.9K 471 24
you then added and turned around to look at the window you said as you got lost admiring the landscape Jimin agreed , but his eyes weren't looking...