My tempting mistake ✔ || book...

By queensofsupreme

"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love u... More

Prologue
- Cast -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.

Chapter 37.

1.7K 87 11
By queensofsupreme

Annette's POV.

I woke up in my room, my head spinning. I don't believe that fortune-teller. I could never shoot Kathleen in front of Elijah. Why would I even do that? I am not jealous of her and Elijah.

"How are you feeling?" Elijah asked and I smiled.

"How did I get here?" 

"That fortune-teller dropped you here. She said you passed out after you saw something in the future." He answered. "Now tell me what did that evil woman show you?"

"Just a happy family." I can't tell him what I actually saw. That fortune-teller is a liar. I don't believe her and I don't trust her. "Why do you hate her so much?"

"She told me the person who loves me the most will be the one that will leave me. But I know my parents will never leave me so I don't care about her predictions." 

"Is that all?" I questioned.

"She also told me there is a big chance I might lose my life-saving someone and there can only be two survivers. Annette, this woman is bored and she is trying to get inside our minds so she can control us." Elijah said and I hugged him.

"I know." I cried. I might not understand what that woman means by two survivers but I will do everything in my power to make sure Elijah is safe. I can't let anything happen to him. I love him and if Kathleen wants to kill him then she will have to go through me first. I need to get my camera out of her house and start planning something big. I need to outsmart her. She is very conning and I know she can't be working alone. There has to be someone who knows the whole family that gives her information.

"Well, I got good news for you." He smiled at her. 

"Are you proposing?" I giggled. "I am joking." I pulled his cheek. "Tell me the news?"

"I am going to fire Kathleen tomorrow?" 

"Why?" I wanted him to fire Kathleen from day one but I don't know if it will be a good idea to kick her out of the company. How will I keep an eye on her if she is gone?

"Because you want her gone and I don't want you always stressing about Kathleen."

"Thank you." If Kathleen leaves the company then she will probably send one of her minions to apply for the job then I will be able to find the missing pieces. She is not as smart as I thought she is. She will finally make the mistake I have been waiting for her to make. 

Thank you, God, for helping me.

"Elijah, my parents are worried. I need to leave now." I got up and picked my phone up. 

"I already told them you sleeping over so you can't go home this time."  He snacked his arms around my waist. "I missed you a lot when I was in Italy." He kissed me. 

"You only miss sleeping with me." I rolled my eyes. "By the way, I missed you a lot." 

"So do you want to go to a party with me tomorrow night?" He asked.

"You know I will go with you but I need to first tell my parents." I am an adult but my parents don't like me attending parties especially if it's with Elijah because everyone knows him and his reputation isn't so good.

"Tell me what your parents say so I can tell Adrian if you coming with or not."

"Will Adrian bring his girlfriend." I smiled. I met Adrian's girl a couple of times but I never thought they were serious. 

"He said it's too dangerous for her so she isn't coming with." 

"And you don't think it would be too dangerous for me?" I asked. 

"Nah." He shook his head. "You'll be fine Anne and if anything happens I am there." Every boyfriend is overprotective but this fool is putting my life at risk.

-     -       -    -

I went straight home the next morning and my mom was sitting in the living room with a list.

"What's this?" I asked the second she gave me the page.

"I'll give you a summary." She smiled. "You have to be in this house by ten every night and you can't leave until it's ten in the morning and when you are leaving make sure you tell me, your father, or your little sister." 

"Mom, I am twenty-two." 

"I know how old you are Anne." She replied. 

"Mom, at least make it twelve. I can't be home at ten." I said.

"To be honest honey, I wanted to make it six but then your father refused and said you will need more time to get home from wherever you are at nights."

"Mom, there is no twenty-two-year-old in this world that has a curfew-like mine."

"Princess, when I was twenty-two I was married and I had you so please stop making me feel bad about doing this to you. Meghan really follows the rules and you will get used to it. I promise." She kissed me on the cheek. "Sorry, my love." She went upstairs and I started reading the rules.

My phone rang and I answered Elijah's call.

"Miss me already?" I giggled.

"Actually, I am disappointed." He replied. "Meet me in my office, now." He disconnected the call. 

What is his problem now? He was so happy this morning.

"Mom, I will start this tomorrow." I shouted, opening the door. "I love you." I locked the door. I got in my car and started driving. Elijah didn't sound happy so I am sure someone said something bad about me to him.

I quickly went straight to Elijah's office and started knocking on his door. He turned to me and he looked very angry.

"Why did you call me here?" I asked.

"Why do you like keeping secrets. I know I don't like them." He said.

"Eli is that why I am here." I don't mind him telling me what he likes and what he doesn't like but I was busy before he called. 

"You hid a camera in Kathleen's house." He snapped.

"Oh." How the fuck did he find out? 

"Anne, what if Kathleen told this to my father or worse, what if she reported you to the---."

"She told you this?" If this bitch is so smart than I have to ace my game. All this time I have been treating her like a stupid thug who just wants to destroy the Carsons for their money but now I know for sure she has been in this game for far too long and everything is personal.

"Yes." He answered. "Annette, I had to beg her not to tell anyone about this."

"Sorry, I will leave her alone." I wish Elijah could stop thinking that all women are right and they all innocent. If Kathleen was a male I know Elijah would've believed me when I started to suspect her.  "Continue with your work, I will leave."

"Stay safe." He smiled and I left his office.

"You a smart witch." I giggled at Kathleen. "You always one step ahead of me, how?" I entered her office.

"Ma'am, please leave my office." She said.

"I know you have a motive. You either here because the Carson did something to you in the past." I shook my head. "Or two, you are in love with Elijah and you don't want to see him with me but if this is the reason you here, then you will never succeed because I love him."

"Three, I am here because I need this job." She added. "But you keep bothering me, ma'am." I looked around to check if she was nice because someone was standing at the back of me. "You know what ma'am? if you want a challenge than challenge accepted." She stretched her hand for me and I looked at her confused. "If you think I love Elijah and I want to destroy your relationship with him than I accept your challenge."

"What are you talking about?"

"You think I love Elijah but I don't." She pulled her face. "But for your sake, I will act like I am here for that reason and I will beat you at your own game. Elijah is my boss but if you don't leave me alone ma'am, I will make sure I give you what you have been asking for."

"I don't understand."

"You keep going on and on about Elijah and how I am here for an important mission so why don't I just make everything come true."

"I am still confused." 

"Annette, I will show you in less than a month that I Kathleen Joe will make you lose. Elijah will be mine and trust me, ma'am, you will leave me alone." She is openly admitting to wanting to destroy the Carsons and me.

"If you don't like Elijah than why are you doing this?"

"Because you won't leave me alone. Now challenge accepted?" I shook her hand. "In less than a month, he will be yours or mine."

"If you lose and the month is over, you must resign from this place and tell me everything I want to know."

"And if I win, you leave me alone and I will leave Elijah for you."

"No, if you win, you will never see me with Eliah again. Why would I even want Elijah back if you win him."

Kathleen's POV.

She is head over heels in love with him. And that is her weakness. She is making my plan very easy without even knowing. I will just use her as my pawn. It will be so easy to take Elijah away from her and to make her jealous. I just need Annette out of the way and then Elijah will be all mine.

Poor thing doesn't even know if I win, Elijah will die when I get him.

Tick tock tick tock. 

I just wish his birthday was already here. And then I wouldn't be like this. I wouldn't be a PA. I would be the CEO. 

Kathleen Ivy Carson Joe, daughter of Benjamin Carson and his heiress. I can't wait to see the titles of every magazine cover.

I can't wait to be known as the billionaire's daughter. Emily will just leave on her own after her whole family dies and Benjamin accepts me and Melissa as his children. I will get my happy ending and I will marry the love of my life. 

My life will be complete, very very soon and I can't wait for it!

*Don't forget to vote, comment, and share please*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 341 32
Her eyes were blazing with fire, and i almost took a back step at the intensity. Then she said 3 words... "I hate you" "I hate u& i promise to make...
637K 21.4K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
95.6K 2.9K 59
❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥.❞ Living in a world...