Memoria. | Kozume Kenma

By mddyls

โ˜˜๏ธŽ ๐•ธ๐–Š๐–’๐–”๐–—๐–Ž๐–†; "The years we spent together was full of laughter, hugs, kisses and love. The sound o... More

P R O L O G U E
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
E P I L O G U E
kazuhiko narumi
Author's Note
H B D

04

3.7K 164 210
By mddyls

tw: anxiety/panic attack

Wait— I'm partnered with him?!

My eyes widen upon realizing that he and I are going to be partners. I bite my lip, feeling the frustration from just hearing her say that. I continue writing my notes, adding more information about the lessons in my own words, just so that I could distract myself. I add small doodles that signifies whatever's written on my notebook.

"So here's the project, make a miniature house, completely furnished; measurements must be exact and precise, design it and make it look like your trying to sell a house." Our teacher explains, sounding like  she actually want to torment us with this project. "Go ahead and discuss with your partner about what you would be doing. Make sure to pass an output for today." She shows an evil grin, gesturing everyone to start.

I look at him and I could already feel the stress just by it, I don't know, I'm starting to really dislike his attitude. Kenma looks at me, a bit hesitant to speak; I look away and turn to my notes, trying to think of something to do for the project. I hear him sigh, feeling that he had looked away already. I can't be partnered with him, things are incredibly unwell between us and I don't want to speak to him.

I write what I plan we should do for this stupid subject, writing every single detail so that I wouldn't have to write for him again. I slide the paper to him, leaning on my chair to wait for a response. I hear him let out another sigh, this time it was long and deep. I'm the one who should be stressed here, but I guess we both are.

"Can we talk and not pass notes?" He asks, sounding a little bit hurt from the way how we were communicating. I didn't answer and just waited for him to write back. "(Y/n)." He calls out, frustrated by the way I acted. I don't want to speak, not right now. "Fine, you can decide on what to do and how we communicate." He slides back the paper in front of me, he didn't write anything. Wait, he did.

"I'm sorry."

Seeing that on the paper made me want to just say, "okay, we're good now," but no. I shouldn't. I'm tired of hearing people apologize for their sins, then they'd do the same thing all over again. It's just going to be the same like how I got treated by a former friend; he apologized but he still left me all on my own, I won't fall for the same thing again. Though, Kenma and I aren't friends, I don't think we ever were.

I write our output in a separate paper, standing to go to my teacher to pass it. She raised her brow at me, eyeing me and my seat mate as if we did something wrong. She takes a look at the paper I handed her, furrowing her brows as she read what I had written. She hands it back to me, clasping her hands and looking at me seriously.

"Are you sure that both of you have agreed on this?" She asks, giving me look to make me spill the truth. I nod slowly and she just looks at me. "I didn't see any discussion between you and Kozume, it has only been three minutes and I don't think that you would come to an agreement inside that period of time." I frown at her words, feeling so pressured about having to discuss it with him.

"(Y/n) came up with an idea as you spoke about the project, we both agree to this." Kenma takes the paper from my hands, giving it back to her. I step back a little, not wanting to be too close to him. "Please accept this output." He begs the teacher and she gives us both a look, she gives in and takes the paper from him. I went back to my seat the moment she got a hold of the paper.

I slump on my seat, taking out my journal to write a new entry. I heard the sound of his chair, making me hide my face with my hair, not wanting to see him. For some reason my heart started beating so fast when he went up to help me convince the teacher, my cheeks also felt hot at that moment; it just means that I don't want to be around him right now.

I glance at our classmates when I heard laughter everywhere, all of them seems to get along except for us. My eyes stop at Honami and Maki, they were both worriedly looking at me, I just smile at them and they furrowed their brows. I'm jealous of my friends, they're sitting together and they're partners, while I'm stuck with someone I'm not even close to. But really though, I thought that we were getting a lot more comfortable with each other.

I continue writing about my feelings on my journal, jotting them down helps ease the stress in me, it's something a psychotherapist had taught me before. I used to get treatment, only lasted for five months though; I stopped because I became friends with Maki and Honami. But back then, before I became their friend, life was hell to me. I only befriended them as a homework given by the therapist, I never expected us to get this far.

I would never smile, laugh, speak, cry.. I was a mess before I had my best friends. I was a nobody, I was trash, a huge disappointment to my family. My parents always tried talking to me, helping me get out of the cage of being suppressed by my emotions. With my best friends' help, I got out, and when I got out, I started having anxiety attacks over everything. I became a perfectionist. I wanted to look good in front of my friends, I had to be smart, I had to be the top student; but Maki and Honami didn't like that me, they told me to act the way I act when I'm alone. I had to show them who I really was, and now I'm me.

The bell rings; time for break. The teacher said a few things which I completely disregarded, I'm not in the mood for anything. Kenma rises from his seat, leaving the room; as soon as he left my friends came over to me. Honami takes a seat beside me, hugging me and leaning her forehead on my shoulder.

"Did you guys speak to each other? Like maybe, a word or two?" Maki asks and I shake my head, seeing both of them frown. I remember that he wrote something, I hand her the paper and she gasped. "He said sorry! Why aren't you accepting his apology?" I raise my brow at her reaction, why is she so disappointed?

"I don't want to. You know how that goes, they'd apologize and do the same thing. That happened to me already, I'm not taking any chances of that happening again." I retort, sounding like I was mad at how she's desperate about me accepting his apology. "I can't let the same thing happen to me again." Honami frowns and angrily looks at me, she looks like an angry baby.

"He's being sincere, what the heck? I can really tell that he's guilty, and not like that friend of yours from before. Don't you even see or feel how guilty he is?" Honami asks, I think I'm the one they want to feel guilty. "(Y/n), I swear." I chuckle at how she looks, only earning glares from both of them.

"He's here, let's go Honami." Maki and Honami gives me a kiss on the cheek, giving me forced smiles as they went back to their seats.

I glance at him before trying to take a nap, but to no avail, he's all that I could think of. I rise from my seat, going out to buy myself something to drink. I stare at the vending machine in front of me, looking at all the beverages that was in it. I went for a carton of milk, getting myself three of them to make me fall asleep. Milk always helps.

There was still a few minutes before the next teacher will come into our classroom. I lean on the wall, watching other students live their life. I crumple the box to squeeze out remains of the milk, throwing it to the bin on my right. I drink another one, finishing it after a few sips. Ugh this isn't really helping me get my mind off him.

He saved my ass again, is he trying to make me feel guilty? He said sorry and he tried to help me out with the teacher. That's just a part of it. He'll use that up to his advantage. He will befriend me after saying sorry, then he will do the same thing. I don't want that. I would rather not forgive him than have myself fall for the same trick again. I look at the time, only a minute left. I run back to class, avoiding eye contact when he glanced at me.

I take out my notes, writing the date, adding small doodles of vases and sunflowers. I stop writing when I saw the handwriting of the person who wrote my notes for me when I was in the infirmary. The penmanship seems so familiar to me but I can't point out who it belongs to. I read the notes, liking how the strokes go up or down, they really put their effort into this.

So many things come back to me as I read the notes, I was taken to the infirmary on the first day of this school year. I joined the volleyball club, made a few friends, learned new things and I now come home late. That day, I was sent to the infirmary by someone, I don't know who. They carried me to the infirmary and I troubled them. I should ask Maki who thew person is, I'd have to repay them for their kindness.

I write on a piece of paper my number, and the materials needed for the project. I slide it to him, hearing a frustrated sigh come out of his mouth. I turn to my notes, reviewing them since we were going to have a quiz.

"You really want to work on this, alone?" I can hear how hurt he is just by his question. I give him a nod without looking at him. "Fine.. I'll give you the materials tomorrow. That's the only thing I can help you with." I nod slowly, biting my bottom lip as I started to feel guilty about being like this.

Kenma's acting not like how he usually does, he seems so nervous and sounds so guilty about his actions. I look at him and I don't find him playing his video games, but instead he was taking a nap in his desk. Honestly, he hasn't played a game since this morning. I don't know if I have a part on that but, it seems like it. I see my friends, furrowing their brows at me and I gestured them a 'what am I supposed to do' since, I really don't know.

The teacher came in and Kenma was still resting his head on his desk, he was being eyed but he's still napping. I bite my bottom lip, contemplating whether I should wake him up or not. I reach out to shake him up but he suddenly sat up so I quickly pull away, acting like I did nothing. I could see Maki and Honami holding in their laughter, I glare at them and they both stick their tongue at me.

I take out my pad, waiting for my teacher to start the quiz. I tap my fingers on my desk as I impatiently wait for him, he eyes all of us one by one. He finally starts speaking and the quiz goes on.

Class went by in a flash, the teacher left early and gave us time to do whatever the hell we wanted. I decided to watch videos on my phone, watching volleyball matches our country played in. I smile seeing how the players would do a spike attack, their digs and saves; I'm really excited to watch the match this Saturday. But... before that, I have other matters to attend to.

The next teacher came and I immediately hid my phone, finding Kenma still trying to finish his game. He wasn't even hiding it from the teacher, the teacher was about to call him out but I grabbed his PSP and hid it under his desk. He grunted and took out his notebook and textbook for this class. At least I saved him this time— alright, why did I save him?

"If you do that again, I'd think that you've accepted my apology." I look at him and saw the same look he had this morning.

"I haven't. I won't." He blinks a few times, nodding slowly as he turned to his textbook. Am I being too harsh?

I click my pen nonstop, making noise that made everyone turn their head to me. I stop and take out a different pen instead. I can't stop thinking about what Kenma said, why is he trying to apologize for something he did? It's not like he's being genuine.

The whole day, I was not myself again. I spaced out a lot, I didn't speak much, I also didn't eat anything during lunch and other breaks. I was completely out of it. I don't know what I've been thinking of the whole day, my mind was blank and I couldn't think of anything, but I was thinking of something. Probably thinking of what to think of.

Today's just crazy. I'm late this morning, we have a project and I'm paired with him, he said sorry, and he said something after. I don't know what's bothering me, I don't know if I'm feeling guilty or sorry for being mean. He was mean to me first, I'm only.. only doing the same. But why, what, and how.. what's bugging me?

I'm watching the boys play, trying to find what's wrong with them. Everyone seemed to be fine, there wasn't anything wrong. Their spikes were fine, serve and attack; digs, receives, and all other things were okay too. My eyes landed on the pudding head, finding him struggle to play properly. Well, that's one thing that's wrong. Kuroo-san tried to get Kenma together but, he's really off, way off than yesterday.

Naoi-sensei blew the whistle, it's break. They all run up to me and Honami, getting their bottle of water. Honami ran out of bottles to give so I had to give my last one to Kenma, he avoided eye contact and just nodded. I returned the nod, only standing here while I waited for them to finish drinking.

"(Y/n), Kenma, anything we should improve or fix?" Kuroo-san asks, I look at Kenma, quickly looking away from him. "You guys haven't made up yet?" I shake my head and walk away from them. "Comments?"

"He's off." I say, stopping to turn to him. I look at both of them and walk out.

I had to go out so that I wouldn't trouble anyone. I ran to the nearest restroom, feeling my heart race at an immense pace. I couldn't breathe, I'm having an attack for no reason at all. I don't know why I'm acting up, why my heart is aching all of a sudden. Why didn't I bring my medicine with me?

My hands fall to the side ends of the sink as I tried to support myself. My breathing is getting really unstable and this restroom is kinda suffocating, I ran to the wrong place. I open the sink, washing my face with just water to try and ease my heart. It's not working. My tears started falling when I felt my heart banging inside my chest, it felt like my heart was going to burst. I clench my shirt, feeling nothing but pain both in my head and my heart.

I slowly fall to the floor, knees shaking as my attack just grew bigger and bigger— it hurts so bad. I hit my back on the cold wall on the right of the sinks; I couldn't control my attack anymore. I hug myself, failing to keep my body steadily leaning on the wall.

"(Y/n)?" I look up to see Honami, she lets out a loud gasp and her eyes widened the moment she saw me. "Oh my god!" She kneeled beside me, pulling me into a hug to help me calm down. I started crying more, I don't know what's wrong with me. "Hey.. I'm here.. Shh, I'm here.." I tried to hug her back but my arms were shaking, I couldn't. My eyelids slowly shut close, and I started to feel light headed. "Stay with me.." I'm panting and I can't breathe, I'm suffocating.

"Honami......." I tried to look up, seeing two figures but I wasn't able to distinguish who it was. I fell unconscious on her. I'm sorry, Honami.

Why did my anxiety attack come like that? It was so sudden, it was unexpected. I usually would expect to have an attack when I do something wrong, but why did I unconsciously have an attack? The pain was tripled and I really couldn't fight it back, it was the most painful attack that I've ever had. What is it?

Ever since I became friends with Maki and Honami, I had attacks, some even almost led to cardiac arrest but this... this attack made it feel like I was dead the moment I fell unconscious. My chest felt like I was being hit by a sledgehammer, over and over and over again. I felt like my heart was being squeezed so hard that it couldn't pump blood around my body anymore— it wasn't enough to pump oxygenated blood into my system.

My lungs felt like they were dry. I couldn't feel the air, I couldn't breathe in air. I was panting without having to breathe in oxygen to help me breathe. Nothing. This attack really scares me. What if I'm really dead already? I haven't... I can't just yet.. I still have to repay my parents and everyone else's kindness.

I open my eyes, feeling drowsy as I try to wake up. I'm wearing an oxygen mask, I can breathe. I feel the air inside of me, I can feel my heart still pumping. I look to my side to see Honami, she's crying and her eyes are very puffy. She hugged me tight, I smile and tap her arm for her to let go.

"I'm sorry." Was the first she said. I shake my head and smile at her. "I should've ran after you earlier, I got distracted. I'm really sorry." I shake my head again, patting her head to reassure her. "Thank God they came along with me, if not then something worse might've happened to you." She continued to cry, looking so guilty for not being there. I'm fine. I take the mask off and she worriedly looked at me.

"I'm fine, Honami. Don't stress yourself out. I'm fine." I give her a smile and pat her head. "But who's they?" I ask, tilting my head to the side from curiosity.

"Kenma and Kuroo-senpai." She answers, taking a deep breath to stop herself from crying more. I wipe her tears, chuckling at how she looked like.

"Well then, tell Kuroo-san, thank you for carrying me here." I smile. I take the medicine from the side table, drinking it to prevent anything from happening. Honami raises her brow at me, and I do the same. "What?"

"I never said it was Kuroo-senpai." I chuckle and drink more water, placing it on the side table. "Kenma carried you here." My eyes widen as I turn to her in shock. "He was also the one who carried you here, two days ago." I shake my head and she nod hers, I shake it again and she repeats her actions. "You never knew? Kenma carried you."

"You're joking, right?" She furrows her brows and shake her head. "Did he struggle?" She raised her brow, looking like she was sassing me.

"Kenma didn't?" I wear the oxygen mask again, trying to breathe. This is news. "That's why I was wondering why the heck you haven't forgiven him." I frown and she lets out a sigh.

No.. Kenma would never. He sounded so rude yesterday, he would never help me. Also, yes he does have quite a build but he definitely would struggle with carrying me. I may be somehow fit and slim, but still, I'm a little difficult to carry. That has to be a lie.

My dad drove here to fetch me. I kind of felt bad for troubling my father and everyone else in the team, I must've worried Nekomata-sensei and Naoi-sensei. I should get them something in return. I should get everyone something in return, but I can't... not when he and I aren't even speaking to each other.

I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. I cried as I stood under the shower head, my mind is so full of crazy thoughts. I feel so guilty over something I can't point out, I'm struggling to realize what made me have an attack earlier. I have to apologize to everyone, and maybe even to him too.. but how? I can't.

I tried to stop myself from crying, but I couldn't. I sat on the cold floor as the water just continuously fell from the shower head. I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like I'm burdening people with my attack, I feel like this is going to be what people will hate me for. I have to change. I have to get rid of this. I can't stay like this, everyone will leave me again. I don't want that.

I step out of the shower, wearing the clothes I brought in here. I look at myself in the mirror, breaking down once again at the sight of myself. "You're not beautiful, you're pathetic," is what came out of my mouth. I bite my hand, stopping myself from insulting myself any further. But.. it's not an insult. It's a fact. I'm pathetic. I really am.

I'm starting to think that people are befriending me out of pity, they're only here to prevent me from turning into a psycho; stopping me before I'd have to be sent to the mental hospital. I can't... I hate myself.

I get out of the bathroom, drying my face with a towel. I washed my face just to pretend like I didn't cry but instead just had soap accidentally hit my eyes. I use a different towel, wrapping it around my hair, letting it rest on my head. I went to the kitchen to drink milk, finding my mom putting away groceries.

"Mom, you're home. Where were you?" I walk to her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She looked at me, eyeing my face as she cupped my cheeks.

"Are you okay?" I smile and nod. "Talk to Mommy if you need anything." I nod again, biting my bottom lip to stop myself from crying again. "I was out and I struggled bringing home bags of groceries by myself. It took me a while, but then I met your friends along the way." I raise my brow, helping her put the groceries away. "The two guys." I stop and look at her.

"Kuroo-san and Kenma?" She nod. "What are they still doing here?" She shrugs and continued placing the eggs into the egg tray in the fridge.

"The taller one was with his girlfriend.. so the blonde helped me carry the groceries." I accidentally crushed an egg, making her furrow her brows at me. I cheekily smile at her and she just sighs. "The blonde looks like a girl. When they walked you home, I really thought he was a girl. Is he really a boy?" I wash my hands, throwing the crushed egg into the trash bin.

"He really is a girl— I MEAN A BOY!" I wave hands in front of me, gesturing her that I made a mistake. Mom just chuckled. "K-Kenma's a boy.. anyway, he helped?" She nods and smiles to herself. "What's with the look?"

"He's actually really kind. He really helped me a lot. He also knew how to reply, without sounding rude despite his tone." She turns to me with a genuine smile, kissing my forehead. "Go ahead and do your homework, I'll do this." I nod slowly, giving her a small smile before turning to head for my room.

I walk up to my room, taking my bag with me to my bed. I check my notebook, looking and searching for any homework. There was none except for the project. Miniature house. The one I made the decisions for, and the one he agreed to without a fight. Remembering him reminded me of what he had done to help my mother. He carried the bags for her. Normally, he'd complain and not help.. what's with him?

I look at my phone, staring into my vague reflection. I decided to use my screen as a mirror so that I wouldn't see my imperfections and my flaws; the black screen doesn't really reflect anything so, I wouldn't be hating on myself with this.

All I ever did was cry, have an attack, almost dying on my friends, worrying my parents, and burdening people. I don't get to help them, I couldn't. If I do or if I could, it's never a major thing. No one ever makes me do anything major, anything that would possibly trigger an attack. I want to help too, but no one ever lets me. But he was able to help me...

I sit up, hand on my chest, slightly pressing on it as I felt my heart beat faster. My cheeks also suddenly felt hot. I run to my table, looking at myself in the mirror. My cheeks are slightly red, and my heart is still beating very fast. What's wrong with me?

Why am I suddenly so nervous? Thinking about his name, he himself makes me feel so nervous. Probably because I found out that he had carried me to the infirmary, not once but twice. If I had to be rushed to the infirmary, then he must've ran going there. But, knowing him, he wouldn't run. But.. he carried me to the infirmary, he helped me with the worksheet, and helped mom too.

I'd have to apologize, I should apologize.. I should thank him instead and accept his apology. He already said sorry, why am I acting so tough on him? When I can't even keep myself conscious and steady when I have my attack. I'll apologize when it's the right time, I'll say thank you when I can already.. but when?

I went to bed and tried my best to fall asleep. I cried so that helped me somehow, my eyelids were heavy already after I cried. All I could think of before I falling into slumber, was my attack. I struggled to find out the reason why, and I still am struggling.

If I were to compare all of my attacks with the latest one, probably it matches the one when my friend left me. I think that was the first time I've ever had an attack, but only after I became friends with Maki and Honami, have they worsen. They came almost everyday. I had to be hospitalized for a month because of it. Before my best friends had let me act like myself, attacks were like daggers stabbed deep into my heart.

I got to school the next morning, meeting my friends by the shoe lockers. I change into my indoor slippers, linking arms with them; I tried to hide myself from anyone from the volleyball team, I feel bad. My best friends looked at me with worry as we went to class.

"(Y/n), have you drank your medicine yet?" Maki asks, taking a seat in front of mine. I shake my head, earning a glare from her. I take it out and drank it. "You should be careful. What triggered your attack yesterday?" I shrug, not knowing what had triggered me.

"I'm glad that I made it on time, with Kuroo-senpai and Kenma. If you I hadn't run after you, who knows what would've happened to you." Honami rattles on, pouting her lips, her eyes filled with guilt. I smile and pat her head.

"I'm not mad. We can't be together every time. It's fine if you were speaking to Yamamoto, I'm cheering you two on with your love life." I smile at both of them, but none of them returned it. "I'm fine. Let's just be thankful that I'm still right in front of you." They both flick my forehead. I rub the spot, feeling the pain.

"Don't say things like that." Maki complains as she pinched my nose. She stops, looking up to somewhere. I turn to where she looked at, seeing Kenma just standing by his seat as he waited for Honami to go. "We'll talk later." The two of them leaves me on my own, and Kenma sits beside me.

"Materials." I simply say, seeing him flinch. He looks at me and I say nothing. He takes out his PSP, averting his attention there. "Materials, Kenma."

"I'll give them to you later." He answers, playing his video game to ignore me. Tch.

I take out my notebook, writing the doodles in advance. There was still 40 minutes before class starts, so I just decided to do my notes in advance. Information will come in later. Writing on my notes or my journal is my only way to distract myself from him. We're still off.

I mess my hair up as I felt the stress build up inside of me. I could've used that as a chance to apologize but I didn't, I used it as a way to ask him for the materials instead. (Y/n) what the hell?! I glance at him, finding him still on his PSP. How am I going to thank him and apologize to him?! I really wasted an amazing chance to ask for forgiveness. He didn't even say a word about anything else, not even about yesterday; is Honami even sure that he's the one who carried me?

Classes went on and, I'm just thinking about how to apologize to him. Should I buy him a new game? No— why would I? What am I? His best friend? Girlfriend? Ugh there must be some other way to apologize to him. I still couldn't communicate with him though, it's a struggle to even try. I can't say it.

I eat my lunch, still spacing out as I thought of a way to say sorry. Maybe I should give him a drink as I say sorry, even just a carton of chocolate milk. I just need something as a way of saying sorry but, I can't think of any thing suitable. There should be and must be something. My peace offering must amount to how much he has helped me already, that would ease my stupid heart.

Okay, so he has helped me. On the first day, I had an attack and I fell on him, I leaned on him (well uncontrollably leaned on him), had my head on his shoulder and Honami said that he carried me to the infirmary; he also gave me tissue. On the second day, he gave me his blazer to cover my legs, explained Fukurōdani to me, and helped me with the worksheet; then the fire between us. Yesterday, he helped me convince the teacher, he carried me again, and he helped my mom— the biggest help was him helping my mother.

What the hell could amount to that much of his kindness? Maybe I really should just give him a new video game... but I have no idea what he likes to play. I never saw the games he play on his PSP so I don't know.. But I also have no money so, let's stick to the basics.

It's club time. I'm watching them intently, seeing minor issues in their moves. Kuroo-san won't move unless the ball crossed the net already, that can create a difference in their play; they should move exactly on time. Yamamoto's spike attack was kinda weak today, they're probably tired after training a lot more. Inuoka, still needs to work on his blocks.

The whistle gets blown by Naoi-sensei and the boys came running to me and Honami for their drinks. I give them a bottle and a towel, smiling at them. They all still seemed so worried about me, I'm really fine.

"Kuroo-san, you'd have to work on being on time." I say, making all of them turn to me. "Yamamoto, you need rest. You seem tired that your spikes were kinda weak, you can ask Yaku-san." I add, tilting my head to point at Yaku-san. He gestured Yamamoto that he was quite weak. "And Inuoka, your blocks. That's all that there is." I smile at them and they all smile at me. I earned a pat on the head from Kuroo-san.

"Second-half of the brain, functioning well." He gives me a cute smile, ruffling my hair. "We'll be needing the other half to work." He says, looking at Kenma who's minding his own business.

The training resumed and they ended it a bit earlier today, probably for them to rest, my words helped! I'm still glad that my advice has helped! I guess I am a brain, haha. But to create a better attack, to improve and become better.

I got home on my own, going straight to my bedroom as I hummed fo myself. I feel kinda good about today, I'm getting back up on my feet and stand properly. I look at my mirror and tell myself compliments, smiling as I spoke to my reflection. I throw myself to my bed with my eyes closed. I shot them open when I remembered that he hasn't given me the materials. I take out my phone and messaged him (good thing I had asked Kuroo-san for his number).

ME :Hey, is this Kenma? You haven't given the materials yet...

Kenma(?) : It's me.

Kenma(?) : I'll give them to you. Just wait for me.

Just wait for me..? What does he mean? Is he coming here? Nah. Is he or is he not? He won't? Right? Well, okay. I went to the bathroom to take a shower, spending almost an hour in there; I love the water. I got changed and headed back to my room, seeing a notification on my phone.

Kenma(?): I'm here, get them.

I immediately run outside, the text was sent 10 minutes ago, he must've left.. I run downstairs, almost tripping on myself. My parents eyed me and I just ran out of the front door. I hid my chest with a towel, collecting myself before heading out of the gate. There he stood, leaning on the concrete wall. He played with the plastic bag, twirling it and spinning it. He looks at me and I feel like I'm meeting with a cat.

"Here." He holds it out, looking only at the plastic bag. I nod and take it from him. "I forgot to give it to you later, sorry." I shake my head, feeling my cheeks heat up. What's with me? "Since I've given them to you, I'll head home." He turned on his heel, walking away to go to the train station.

"I'll book you a cab. The last train's was two hours ago." He stopped walking and turned to me, the look on his face is what he usually has. "The last train, was at 8:30 PM. It's already 10:47 PM." I say, showing him my phone.

"There's still a train, don't worry." He rebuttals me, about to turn around; I bite my lip and say it out loud.

"I'm sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you for the number of reads and votes <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.4K 72
kireina tensai was a second year at nekoma high with two big secrets, the first, her family was the owners and inventors of rakki neko games, a compa...
768 59 15
a kenma x fem! reader โŠฑ โ”โ”โ”โ”.โ‹… ฮตรฏะท โ‹….โ”โ”โ”โ” โŠฐ where kenma and y/n are assigned as partners for a project they start to acknowledge each other to the...
603K 23.6K 22
๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ? redstring soulm...