Arknights: My Special Investi...

By TheLazyYu

Though i am just lowkey journalist, i was tasked to head towards Lungmen City to conduct a special interview... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Important news also)
(Chapter 8)
(Bonus)
(Chapter 9)
(Chapter 10)
(Chapter 11)
(Chapter 12)
(Chapter 13)
(Chapter 14)
(Chapter 15)
(Chapter 16)
(Chapter 17)
(Chapter 18)
(Chapter 19)
(Chapter 20)
Reaper
(Chapter 21)
(Chapter 22)
(Chapter 23)
(Chapter 24)
(Chapter 25)
(Chapter 26)
(Chapter 27)
(Chapter 28)
(Chapter 29)
(Chapter 30) What made me do this

Chapter 4

4.3K 74 55
By TheLazyYu

Our protagonist Lucas slowly opened his eyes and felt movements around him...

"Hey..." A Sarkaz voice spoke trying to wake him up...

"What?" his vision is still blurry, then he got slapped in the face... "Ow! what the hell was that for?!"

"For being too carefree when there's an enemy beside you..."

!!!

Immediately he got up and saw Flamebringer sitting at the opposite side chilling while the boat stopped from a pier...

"Hey you, your finally awake..." The sarkaz then got up and jumps out the boat. "Thanks to you..." he also got out still on guard at this Sarkaz. "How the hell did i get here?"

"Abou that i said earlier it's a lie, you are now at a simulator, this is a combat test to see if your qualified for Rhodes Islands to become an operator."

"The hell? I didn't remember signing a contract to this, tch that old man Wei! " he cursed in his mind...

"Where are Ch'en and the others?" he asked as he only saw that it's only the two of them... "Currently outside the simulator watching this, now get your ass moving we don't have all day waiting around!" Flamebringer strictly shouts making him flinch and then began to walk inside the forest...

"How long was i out?" "About an hour, still pretty lowkey that you have a phobia like that..." Flamebringer grins making him frowned. "Not funny pal, also how did you know about that?" Lucas was pretty much conscious on this point, since he doesn't want some stalkers.

"It was the report, but Timewatch was the first one to contact me..." The two stopped and saw dozen of hounds chilling at a road.

"I'm so looking forward to punch when he comes back." A vein appeared at his head...

Meanwhile at Kjerag...

"Achoo!" Timewatch sneeze and almost spilled his hot coco made by Courier... "Timewatch-san are you listening?" the messenget asked as Ryo just nods. "Go on..."

"And then he turned himself into a Emerald, funniest shit I've ever seen..." Courier started laughing followed by Timewatch...

"Hahaha... OH HO! ZA WARUDO!"

"NANI?!"

okay that's enough messing the scripts you faggots *bonks the two* back to the simulator.

"So what are you going to do at this situation?" Flamebringer asked.

"Just ignore them and sneak pass..." He got flicked at the forehead by the sarkaz. "What the f*ck?!"

"I told you this is a combat test, true that it's part of survival, but you can't always use the same method by running away..." he sighed remembering his mentor Ryo said...

"I know that, but look at me unarmed." he look at his arms... "Then go find a way dumbass!" scolded by the guard operator, Lucas sighed and annalyzed the terrain and scenario. "He is right, if i tried to pass by, they will pick up my scent, not only that but this mud could also lead some of my footsteps and track me..."

He looks on top of the cave and saw a huge boulder, an idea came to his mind. and Timewatch's warning voiced his mind. "Right i got an idea." Lucas grasp his hand and a ball of red lighting materialized at his palm

"Red lightning? that's pretty rare" the sarkaz comments and continued to watch him...

"Hah!" He shot the lightning into the boulder and falls down sealing the mouth of the cave...

Then he runs towards it, and another lightning ball shot through a small hole, Flamebringer heard the hounds death noises and nods. "Good very tactical there... now let's move on..."

After passing some rocky paths, they halted and saw a patrol of enemies. "You know who these guys are?"

"Reunion..." Lucas quickly replied after recognizing it's orange arm band... "Yup alright try to take some down and sneak pass them, remember the timing and risk..." Flamebringer reminds him.

"So far, i am slowly getting used to my arts..." Lucas smiled then saw two tangos who just done a patril split up one going the high ground while the was just below him...

"Your call..." Flamebringer says as Lucas approached the rebel the one who have a scout advantage.

"Right..." he whispered then covered it's mouth then shock the scout with lightning taking him down, he dragged its corpse to a rock and hidden them then took it's Huntsman knife. "So far, so good..." the sarkaz comments...

Lucas took a peek below and saw the rebel still standing unaware that his comrade was taken out...

"Yosh..." Lucas skillfully holds the knife then drop down at its back stabbing him at the neck...

Quickly he hidden the body, before someone noticed. "Good... you also acquired a weapon."

The two moved before any rebels could spot their positions. Lucas was almost to the checkpoint where his assessment will end...

"What will you do now?" Flamey asked when they saw Rioter shield blocking it's path...

"Tch! can't think of anything,  too hot to rush in..." Lucas clicked his tongue, the sarkaz then gave him an answer...

"Agressive takedown..."

"Eh?" he looks at him as the sarkaz continues... "Look around. all the rebels are focused on that angle, a good chance to take that bastard out..."

"With a butterfly knife? don't asked for the impossible?!" Lucas glared at him...

"The word impossible doesn't exist in our vocabulary, observed closely, just because he is heavily armored doesn't mean you can't kill him..." The sarkaz pats his back getting his attention back... "Try to find it's weak point."

The back is the obvious answer, no there are others as well, such as the sides, and the neck...

"I'll help you out on this one, the last assessment will be cooperation and teamwork..." Flamebringer brought out his Katana... "I'll take defense, while you go offense..." he ordered as Lucas nods.

The two at the same time dashed out the bushes... "Rhodes Island?!" yelled by the shielder...

"Hah!" Flamebringer blocked it's shield giving an opportunity for Lucas to slip by and stabbed it's back...

!!!

Flamebringer pushed the shielder back another opening to expose his right side

Lucas shanked the knife and quickly pulled out and did the same to the other side...

"Lucas! it's all on you!" The Sarkaz knocked down the rebel. Blondie quickly slashed it's neck ending his laifu...

"Not bad for a rookie, your reactions and timing are good... Dobbermann stop the simulator..." He touched the earpiece and the surroundings faded slowly revealing the advanced technology of Rhodes Island.

Outside the room, Ch'en, Hoshiguma, and Swire watched him...

"Your done for today, it's time for you to report at the Doctor's office..." Flamebringer smiled, then slapped his back then heads out to Instructor Dobbermann to file a report...

"That was so cool!" Swire our lovely tiger greets him... "Yeah, can't believe you easily used the butterfly knife." Hoshiguma was pointing out Lucas easily giving some cool tricks by flipping it.

"Well back in Victoria, i was pretty much in a gang, they taught me some self-defense after they fended off those bullied back then." he scratched his head as sweat drips from his face. "Here..." Ch'en handed him a sport's drink, and a clean towel. then diverted her gaze away from him.

"Heh. so she can be nice sometimes. Thanks..."

"Just wipe yourself idiot..." the lung mumbled then quickly backs off...  before his phobia could trigger...

"Anyway, i was told to head towards the Doctor, do you might know where it is?" Lucas asked.

"Sure..." The investigator turns to Hoshiguma, and Swire... "I'll meet you two back at our assigned dorms..."

"Alright then, come on Swire..." "Hai Hai... Enjoy your date!" the tiger teased as Ch'en just sighed at her then the two went along.

"Never knew you joined a gang..." On the way the lung starts a conversation. "Concerned that i may have some criminal records, don't be my pals are good old buddies and never done such a thing, other than beating up some mafia..."

"Are you referring to Siege and Indra?" Ch'en asked making him surprised. "Wait you know those two?" "Yeah, they are now working for Rhodes Island as well..." Ch'en nods. "Dang, i should go see those two later..." he smiled, then they stopped arriving at the Doctor's office...

"This is Ch'en requesting permission to enter." she knocks on the door. "You may." A sweet onee-san voice replied. The investigator was first to enter followed by the former journalist...

There beside the doctor was her bodyguard, the two exchanged glares then...

*Clang*

"What the?" Lucas blinked after the two attacked...

"As always you never changed, Madam Ch'en..."

"The same goes for you white rabbit..." They withdrew as the female doctor stands up... "Now, now... you two get along..."

Lucas recognized that her bodyguard was a ringleader of reunion. he tensed up just after exchanging gazes.

"Oh do pardon FrostNova for scaring you..." The doctor  apologized then sweetly smiled. "Oh, i don't mind..." Lucas was more focused on why FrostNova joined them. but he shrugged it off quickly. "Doctor?"

"Oh pardon me, my name is Yumi, I am tactical leader in charge of operation. oh and i am also Timewatch's Big sister..."

"Glad to meet you Doctor." he bows politely then Yumi added. "Ah, and we're not related by blood..."

"I can tell..." he nods then she said it again. "Not related by blood~"

"You don't have to say it twice." Ch'en and Lucas remarked.

"Doctor, want me to froze your mouth." FrostNova glares at her.

"Back to the matter, do you know why your suddenly here? Lucas-kun~"

"Flamebringer already told me the gist of it." He answered. "That's not all, Mr. Wei also assigned you here, well it's for that purpose after all..." the doctor chuckled.

"It's a bit sudden and against my will, but since Madam Ch'en is here, I'll go along with it..." Lucas smiled. making the Lung blush after she was being relied by her junior.

"Well with that said, welcome to Rhodes Island!" Yumi lunges forward but Lucas was not able to dodge the incoming hug and the result was...

Well you know a nosebleed...

After all that crazy scenario.

Lucas was now getting escorted to the weapon arsenal by FrostNova.

"Ugh." he sighed after reading the file... "StormEye huh? not bad..." The white cautus breaks the silence.

And after reading his skill description he dropped to his knees defeated.

Chicken - When deployed near female operators, his stamina decreases while his attack gets strong... That's what Flamebringer wrote

"I want to die..." he sighed dejectedly and started to cringe.

"Well Timewatch had a worst skill more than you." Yelena giggles. "What is that?"

"After Ace the head defender of Rhodes Island observed him. he'd given him a skill called. Eroge Protagonist."

"I can now see why he have a skill like that"

"Indeed, and it's a pains that those two women still approaches Ryo still trying to steal him away from me..." she mumbles and suddenly ice crystal was forming on her hands.

"Ahh... calm down." he began to walk quickly ahead... "My apologies, anyway here we are..." Yelena used a keycard and the huge door opens revealing quite weapons...

"Holy shit." he exclaimed seeing different designs.

"Come on let's head inside..." Yelena said as she walked in followed by StormEye...

To be continued

Sorry for not updating, i was too depressed and broken thanks to that game where my luck is shit and drained my sanity out.

Anyways this will be update for now. Peace out YEET

Yu: Step on me :PlusUltraNut:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334 1 12
23 year old Human, M, is woken up from a Cryo Stacis chamber, having discovered that he slept for a thousand years, and the world being populated by...
116K 3.1K 12
This is my first komahina fan story that I ever write so pls don't judge me qwq. I'm trying my best though because Komahina is my biggest OTP in dang...
17.9K 330 31
Cos, an unknown man, from another world. He wasn't supposed to exist in Terra. He who has lived for eons mastering the power of time and space. What...
3.7K 33 58
look this is my first story don't judge! so I don't know exactly what's gonna be in here but yah! enjoy! No one's gonna read this 😀 damn I suck...