Xerxes Knight: The Alpha King...

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #4 in Werewolf. #1 in Mate. * "He's dangerous. He's invincible." "He can take on hundreds o... More

Prologue.
|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|Four|
|Five|
|Six|
|Seven|
|Eight|
|Nine|
|Ten|
|Eleven|
|Twelve|
|Thirteen|
|Fourteen|
|Fifteen|
|Sixteen|
|Seventeen|
|Eighteen|
|Nineteen|
|Twenty|
|Twenty-one|
|Twenty-Two|
|Twenty-three|
| Twenty four |
|Twenty five|
|Twenty six|
|Twenty- seven|
|Twenty eight|
|Twenty Nine|
|Thirty|
|Thirty-one|
|Thirty-Two|
|Thirty- three|
|Thirty- four|
|Thirty-Five|
|Thirty- six|
|Thirty-seven|
|Thirty- Eight|
|Thirty- Nine|
|Fourty|
|Fourty-One|
|Fourty- two|
|Fourty-Three|
|Fourty - Four|
|Fourty- Five|
|Fourty- Six|
|Fourty- Seven|
|Fourty-Eight|
Let's discuss.
|Fourty- Nine|
|Fifty|
|Fifty- One|
|Fifty- Two|
|Fifty-Three|
|Fifty-Four|
|Fifty-Five|
|Fifty-Six|
|Fifty- Seven|
|Fifty-Eight|
|Fifty-Nine|
|Sixty|
|Sixty- One|
|Sixty-two|
|Sixty-Three|
|Sixty-Four|
|Sixty-Five|
|Sixty-SevenI
|Sixty-Eight|
|Sixty-Nine|
|Seventy|
|Seventy-One|
|Seventy-Two|

|Sixty-Six|

28.5K 1K 210
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

!STREAM DYNAMITE ON 21st AUGUST AND SELPINK SINGLE ON 28th AUGUST!

*

I watched as Roman's eyes widen in shock when he saw me standing before him, a hand around his neck. I didn't waste a second to attack when I got my strength back as the effects of the pills finally kicked it.

My warriors and fighters attacked as soon as they received my command. Hundreds of voices reached my ears as the battle started, too much going around all at once.

'How...' Roman gasped in confusion, disbelief written all over his face.

My strength wasn't at the fullest; I had indeed inhaled the gas so I was not immune to its effects but thankfully the pills Armenes sent me were the only remedy that works against the Thanatos flower and everyone in the pack had consumed it so they were not affected by the gas.

'Since you took the trouble to narrate a little bit of history to me, I will let you in on a little secret too.' I used his words back at him, watching him struggle a little before giving up. 'I had a little trick up my sleeve to counterattack if you decided to pull such kind of dirty tricks on us.'

'But it worked! I saw you suffering. I saw it with my own eyes...' He trailed of before continuing, 'Unless you were pretending.'

It was my turn to laugh. 'I am no such actor.' I smirked. 'The flower had indeed worked.' With one free hand I rubbed the back of my neck as I moved my head on either side. 'But I had a solution for it.'

I anticipated for something like this happen. The enemy wouldn't attack us unless they have a solid, foolproof plan that will give them an advantage over us and what could their trump card possibly be other than the flower of death.

It was my plan all along to take the pill at five past eleven so that the effects of the gas will affect me but not enough to kill me which will convince him that the gas of the flower worked while in fact the opposite will be happening. It takes an hour for the pill to kick in so when I was down on the ground, struggling to breathe it was the pill fighting the effects of the poison and eliminating it from my system. I had him right where I wanted him to be.

'Armenes.' Roman gritted the name out realizing who probably might have helped me.

I smirked when I saw his hatred filled gaze as he struggled a little to break free from my grasp but he gave up instantly. 'You can't do anything. Your plan to be the King wouldn't be a success and you definitely wouldn't get Meryl. I will make sure you pay for the crimes you have committed and so will your allies.' I declared keeping him in place.

The battle was still raging on, I felt some bonds breaking but the opposite side was also losing people, I didn't know who had the upper hand but I definitely had faith in my warriors and fighters to make the best of their skills and trainings.

Roman's head drooped as his hair provided him shield against my peering eyes. I heard him sigh before speaking, 'You know, this is what I hate about you.' He started slowly as he lifted his head to meet my eyes again. 'After you claimed the title of The Alpha King, you pretended to be like one when you're just a pretentious person who stole my place and title.' He said calmly, something about the way he was talking and staring at me seemed off.

Instinctively, I became alerted as his left hand slowly moved to the wrist of the right that was around his neck and held it, tightening over it. 'Did you seriously think, I will go after Meryl?' His grip tightens more as he questioned me. It didn't take a second for me to realize what he actually means by that but he answered his own question. 'Someone is already on her tail; she might have been captured by now.' Roman spoke calmly as his grip on my wrist tighten almost to the point that it was starting to hurt.

I tried to free my hand from his grip but he wasn't letting go before I could resort to force, something twinkled and caught my attention which was on Roman's other hand. It looked like a syringe.

'What-'

'Sorry brother, I can't afford to lose against you.' Not giving me a second to grasp the situation he injected himself on his right thigh with whatever was in the syringe. His hand that was gripping my wrist loosens before it dropped to his side, his head dipped as he started breathing heavily.

I had no clue what he injected himself with but I was certain it wasn't anything good. I made sure to not let go of his neck as who knew what he was going to do next or what the purpose of the chemical he injected himself with was. I decided to put my trust in Violet and Cyrus to protect Meryl and keep her safe while at the same time I did a quick mind link to Damien and Harriet to go to where Meryl was.

'You shouldn't be losing your focus when I am right next to you, Xerxes.' His head snapped up and my eyes met with his wild ones. His orbs were pitch black different from its usual colour and nor was it the colour of his wolf's eyes.

'What did you inject yourself with?' I questioned him keeping a firm grip over his neck. Though he showed no signs of struggling, his demeanor didn't sit well with me, he was planning something.

Instead of giving me an answer, his chuckle reached my ears and what happened next took place in a blur- a second ago I had a grip over his neck and the next I was on the ground. Roman had one hand over the nape of my neck, the other had my hand twisted and at my back while his knee pressed down on my spine rendering me immobile.

I tried to move but it proved to be futile, he was stronger than he was before, his grip wasn't the same either. Was this outcome of what chemical he injected himself with?

As if Roman heard my unasked question, he spoke from above me. 'This world is filled with wonders of science and technology unlike our times. They sure invest their money on wild ideas but the result is what matters to me.' I heard a crack sound as he moved a little above, as if relaxing his tensed muscles. 'I feel so good.' He said as he leaned down and came close to my ear to whisper, 'I feel stronger; I can sense and feel it in my entire system. I am stronger than you now. With this human made formula, no one can beat me.' He pulled away and he screamed his next words. 'I will be invincible.'

He started to laugh when I tried to fight against his hold, his grip tighten on me more as he clearly was enjoying watching me beneath him.

'Don't think so highly of yourself. You're nothing but a traitor who relies on stupid tricks and chemicals to get what he wants.' I taunted him. My plan was to rile him up to the extent that will make him lose his cool and make a mistake. 'You're nothing but a disappointment to us, Royals.'

The air around us felt thick and his anger was evident as he snarled at me. 'I know what you're playing at, Xerxes. I am no fool. You should keep your words to minimum and know your place, right where you are now.'

I never thought much of me being a Royal but having stuck in this situation with Roman overpowering me, I was suddenly thankful for it because his ability wouldn't work on the Royal, in fact none of our ability could be used against the Royals, or else he would have already had his control over my mind.

Roman let go of my neck as he forced open my fist of the arm that he had a hold on. He traced my fingers and slowly took hold on my middle finger. I knew what was about to happen next but the pain still came as a shock when he twisted my finger in a weird angle I hissed as the pain shot through my finger and without warning, he twisted it to another angle making me cursed out, 'Fuck.'

'This is fun, seeing you like this is fun.' He chuckled.

I sensed a presence before I heard a voice. 'Alpha King?' My eyes met with the surprise one who was standing at a distance watching us and that means he got Roman's attention too.

'Who do we have here?' Curiosity was clear in Roman's voice as he assessed one of my fighters who had spotted us.

I had made sure to mind link everyone not to come near the south-east gate as I knew for sure there was only one enemy and it was my own brother. As egoistic as it may sound, I wanted to bring him down by myself and after learning he was the one behind the Second Great War and the one responsible for so many deaths; it only fueled my desire to kill him more.

'How dare you do this to our Alpha King? I will kill you.' The fighter declared as he shifted in his wolf form mid air and came charging towards Roman.

'No, don't come-' Before I could finish my sentence, he was before Roman, baring his canines going for the kill but he was naïve to think he could take him down head on. Roman easily caught him by his neck making the wolf whine before a snap reached my ears. He killed the wolf in an instant. Roman threw the wolf on the ground as my eyes met with the lifeless eyes wide open.

Taking note of the situation and the absence of Roman's hold on my neck and his distracted state, I decided to take my chance. I broke free from his grasp, cutting him off mid way, 'Stupid p- Hey!' He didn't look bothered instead he seemed to be amused.

I took a couple of steps backwards, maintaining a distance between us as I tried to regain my composure. I no longer felt the effects of the gas and could move at my will.

'It was starting to get boring. I was starting to think the tales about your conquests and strength were all talk and nothing else.' He mocked as he tilted his head smiling sadistically.

I rolled my shoulders and held the hand of the injured finger. With a crack, I brought it back to its original position and let it be as it won't take long to heal. I rolled my neck and heard a satisfying crack before I took an attacking stance which Roman caught on instantly as it made him smile more. 'I'll show you a good time if that's what you wish for, Roman.' I was confident in my strength but I wasn't certain just how stronger the formula had made Roman. I had no other choice but to take him on as there was no one else who could possibly go against him with his current state.

'It's what I want, Xerxes but you wouldn't win against me and I will make sure I have your head as a reward.' Saying this, Roman prepared himself as I made the first move.

*

Hey, guys sorry for the late update. I have been busy with internships and uni related stuff for a couple of weeks but I will try to post at least one chapter in a week (I can't give a specific day but will announce on my ig before the upload). The story is almost over that's why I don't want to leave it halfway. Thanks for being so patient with me and this story.

Stay gold xx

DON'T FORGET TO STREAM DYNAMITE AND SELPINK's NEW SINGLE!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 585 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
21.2K 603 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
38.3K 990 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...
705K 21.9K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...