ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

By PhoenixCorner

My whispered words trail to a halt Her sobbing muffled by the wind Beneath our faithful trusted tree Conceale... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS
POURING THEIR HEARTS OUT- PART 1
POURING THEIR HEARTS OUT- PART2
REGAINING CONTROL OF MY LIFE
ACCEPTING AND MOVING ON
KILLING HIM WITH KINDNESS
I'M SORRY NANDINI
V's SURPRISE TO NANDINI
ACCUSED BY MY LOVE
NANDINI ROARS
THANK YOU NANDINI
THEIR MEET?

ANIKA PLEASE COME BACK

839 98 25
By PhoenixCorner

Hi!

Hope you all liked the story so far. I would appreciate it if you all could stop being silent readers and start voting and posting comments. Next chapter will be posted only after I see some positive response in this story.

I will talk to you all in the next chapter, till then HAVE FUN READING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIVAAY P.O.V

It was 8:30PM when I reached Oberoi Mansion, I went straight to my room changed my clothes and then went downstairs to have dinner with my family. We all silently ate our food, that's when Bade papa asked me, "Shivaay, has there been any reponse on the Goenka Industries training programme? What do you think? Can M&O Industries get into the training programme? I mean it would be just amazing if M&O Industries get this opportunity, then M&O would be able to enter into the international arena."

I looked at bade papa smiled and replied, "Bade papa, the competition is extremely tough but both Raj uncle and I feel we have a chance in getting into the training programme out of 5 stages, our company has cleared 3 stages, just 2 more stages are left, hopefully we will clear that."

Bade Papa smiled and hummed and then continued eating.

Om and Gauri, looked at me and then Om said, "Shivaay everything will be fine, don't take so much tension it won't be good for your health."

I looked at him and saw him assuring me. I smiled and asked, "Om how is your progress on your latest exhibition?"

Om answered, "I'm almost done with it, I will go to London next month for my new gallery opening."

I hummed then silently, ate my dinner and then went to my room.

Once I locked the door, I opened my closet and took out her picture, sat on my bed and started talking to her. 

Anika it has been 5 years and 1 and half months since I last saw you and talked to you. I am sorry, please come back, I miss you. 

I know it was my fault, after I accused you of being a gold digger, you just left the Oberoi Mansion. I thought you would return soon but the next day when I came from office I saw your study materials and your stuff was missing, I asked everyone in the house, then Om replied that he gave everything to you since your exams were near you wanted to study alone in peace. So, I didn't call you, but I called you on the day your exams got over, but the number was switched off. That evening when I entered Oberoi Mansion, I saw Om parking a new car it shocked me cause he never treats himself with luxurious materials, I asked him the reason, he sadly smiled at me and said that he will tell everyone together.

As we went in Om called each and every member of the family and held out an envelope in his hand and pulled out a letter from it and said, "this letter is from Anika,she wanted me to read this in front of you all."

We were all shocked and confused on hearing this, so I asked, "Om what do you mean? why will you read a letter from her and where is she?"

Om sadly said, "have patience, once I read the letter you will know everything."

Om was about to read the letter but I snatched it and started reading it loudly.

THE LETTER

Hello everyone!

Before you all listen this, Shivvay return the letter to Om, the contents of this letter will not mysteriously change if you read it. So give it back to Om and let him read.

(I gave the letter back to Om and he continued from where I left)

So, once again Hi!

First of all, thanks to each and every member of the family for loving me while I was in Oberoi Mansion, thank you dadi for treating me like your grand daughter, thank you bade papa, badi ma and papa for treating me as your daughter-in-law, thank you rudra, gauri and bhavya for treating me as your bhabi and thank you Om for treating me as your sister and best friend. Pinky aunty I'm sorry that I wasn't the kind of daughter-in-law that you wanted for your son, and I'm glad that I wasn't, Pinky aunty you always accused me that I was a gold digger and did some black magic on your son, but trust me I never wanted to marry your son, I was forced to, I have kept a pen drive inside the envelope, Om please play the video that's on the pendrive.

(Om played the video, it was the video that revealed how I forced Anika to marry me. Once the video was over I saw each and every member giving me disgusting looks and all I could think was how dare she send this video to my family, I will destroy her. Om then continued to read her letter.)

As I said earlier I didn't want to marry Shivaay, I was forced and it was not even a legally sanctioned marriage I didn't accept this marriage and neither did Shivaay but all of you convinced us both to accept it. I'm sorry but I can no longer stay with Shivaay as his so-called wife, I've endured a lot since I entered this family, first it was Tia, then Pinky aunty and Shivaay's repeated taunts on my status, fame and lineage and finally Shivaay's accusal of me being a gold digger and sleeping with someone just for money. I had a shred of respect in this house but that was also taken apart by Shivaay, I'm sorry I just continue to live in this house as nothing happened. I lost my identity while living in this house. Dadi I know you feel bad that I left, but think from my point of view I was although loved by some in this house, but I was also trapped and slandered in this house, I know you want me to stay in the Oberoi Mansion but just imagine had Shivaay not been an Oberoi and I had been your grand daughter, would you still want me to be married to him?

Anyways, thank you papa for giving me a loan of 15 lakhs when I needed, there is a cheque in the envelope for you I'm repaying back the loan along with interest.

There is another cheque in the envelope for Shivaay.

(Om gave both papa and me our cheques I saw my Anika had given me an amount of 5 lakhs, I looked confused)

There are also registration papers for a car in Shivaay's name.

( Om handed me the registration papers and continued)

Shivaay the money that I have sent to you is my estimation of all the money that you have spent on me since we met, and I have given you a car because when we first met I remember I broke your car's windsheild. So, with these I have cleared all the dues that we may have had.

(As I heard this, I recalled Om coming to Oberoi Mansion with a new car, so I was going to grab Om and ask about Anika's whereabouts, Om understood and told me to stay where I am and continued reading)

Yes, Om knows about my whereabouts and no, he will not tell you where I am because he has signed a Non- disclosure agreement with me and a copy of that is also in the letter.

Rudra I know you are sad because I told everything to Om and not to you, it is not because that I love Om more and you less, no, but because you have always loved me because I was Shivaay's wife and your bhabhi and not because I was you Anika di. Om has always treated me as a sister and a friend first and then as a bhabhi.

With that said, I have loved you all and wish you all the best for your future. Don't try to find me, let's leave our next meet on our destinies. If we ever meet in the future don't acknowledge me as your family, just acknowledge me as an aquantaince or better pretend as if we never met. In the future, Shivaay if you try to acknowledge as if I was a part of your family, then I promise the video which your family saw today would be out in the world and then you already can guess the consequences that you will have to face. Take it is as a warning to stay away from my life or as a blessing to move on in future, because I would never want to be a part of your family Shivaay, because I had the most terrible time while I in your family.

So, with all said, goodbye all good luck for future.

(As Om finished reading the letter I saw everyone feeling a bit guilty recalling the moments they hurt Anika)

I still asked Om why did he sign the non-disclosure agreement.

He replied, "Atleast by singing that I would know that she is safe."

After that day, Anika it took all of us over two years to become a family again. Bade papa decided to retire and I confused with so much work, that's when Nyonika bua and bade papa suggested that we should merge both Oberoi and Malhotra Industies into one then we would have better chance of expanding the company, plus Manik wasn't interested in business so there was no one to help Raj uncle and even I had a lot of pressure, so, over the next few months we merged the companies and formed M&O Industries with Raj uncle as the Chairman and I as the CEO. Now, our company comes among the top 5 companies in Asia, even after repeated trials over the next 2 and half years we were not able to expand in the International arena that's when Babe Papa suggested to apply for the Goenka Industries training programme. Anika let me tell you the Goenkas have been the biggest industrialist company in the world for over 2 decades if we get into this programme then we can make our comapany an international company. I feel we will get into this programme. 

Anyways, Anika do you know what happened today, our client Mr.Gupta, his daughter came to talk to me regarding a deal but while she was with me she avoided talking about the deal but kept on flirting with me, it was so hard to avoid her, I wonder what will happen when she comes to know that I am in love with someone else, someone that is not her. Anika I love you, I'm sorry, please come back I miss you and I love you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

The Goenkas have been the leading companies in the field of Construction, music and event management companies, so Suvarna Goenka, mother of Nandini, Anika and Kartik suggested opening a training programme after every two years for their construction and music company as their way of giving opportunity to those who deserve it. 

In Goenka Industries training programme, Kartik Goenka and some of the directors of his company teach the leaders of two other companies how to crack international deals and the reasons of their failure and how to overcome them. This selection of the companies is done by some outside source so that the competition remains fair. 

Similarly, Goenka Labels also conducts a training programme after every 2 years in this training programme after rigorus selection 1 band is selected, then they are trained by some professionals and also by The Devils. This selection is done by some outside source to maintain transperancy.

-----------------------------

I know a lot of you wanted something related to Manan but since I haven't mentioned a lot of Shivika so this chapter is dedicated to them.

Next chapter will surely include something related to Manik, Nandini, Navya or FAB4.

But since this chapter is huge so I would like some votes and comments on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, please don't be a silent reader, it hardly takes a minute to vote and comment but each comment and vote motivates me a lot when I write. Next story will be posted once I see more votes and comments than the previous chapter.

If you have any suggestions then do tell me, I will try to write based on your suggestions.

Hope you all had fun reading the story!!

LOVE YOU ALL!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 14.8K 65
Nothing in this universe can change the path that has been prepared by destiny...So will Manik and Nandini succumb to the forces of fate..? Will the...
102K 4.9K 35
Hi friends new gift for u all this story is collaboration story with my friends Rashi, Noor and Me Hope u all loved it..
94.9K 9.4K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...
45.2K 2.8K 41
He is sturborn. She is calm. He is rude and arrogant. She is humble and loving. He can be described in one word as MONSTER. She can be described in o...