#20 is here

By Jacksterz17

14 year old Danielle McGreen has been playing volleyball as a setter since she was 2. One Day, she wakes up d... More

The Championship
An Accident that changed
Waking up stronger
What happened?
The Service
First Day at Prewoodley
Times Square
Going to Westerman (3 weeks later)
Counting The Supporters
Making Proof
Recovering happily- Epilogue

The Last Day at School

3 0 0
By Jacksterz17

I walked into school.

"Have a good day!" Kara yelled from the window. She doesn't go to work until she's back in New York. Kara was her own boss who owned an accounting business.

My first thing was to go to homeroom, who was Mr. Sparkin. He's so hot and he's single. You can see his 6 pack through his dress shirt. Oh how gorgeous! I'll miss him.

I walked to his front desk.

"I heard you are leaving today," He said. The bell rang afterwards. I scrambled to my first period class as I was tardy.

"Danielle McGreen," My history teacher, Ms. Weelburger was taking attendance as I came in on crutches. "Why are you late?!" She was so mean.

"Uhh...."

"No excuses!" She shouted. "You're in High School, not middle school! Sit in the tardy seat!" I took my crutches and took them to the back corner where the tardy seat was.

Ben, another classmate, was sitting in front of me.

"Look who's tardy!" He snickered.

"Shut up, Ben," I replied back.

"Shut up's not a nice word," My other classmate, Juilanne, eavesdropped. She sat next to Ben and she was the most popular girl in Middle School. I hated her. She was from a rich family who lets her do anything.

Juilanne would spend her weekends drinking and partying. She hates people that are on any sports team or shy people, also like me.

Juilanne raised her hand.

"Ms. Weelburger," I could tell she was telling on me. "Danielle told Ben to shut up."

"Does it offend you?" She replied.

"Yes,"

"Danielle, please come here!" I took my crutches and made my way up to the front of the classroom.

"Get out of my class, and go to the office and don't come back again,"

"What?"

"GET OUT OF MY CLASS!" She screamed. I left the room and went to the office, crying.

"What do you need, Danielle?" The secretary said.

"I don't know what I did," I cried and lied.

"Oh, honey, just go to class,"

"Ok," I said. Someone opened the door for me and I left the office.

'I hope Prewoodley's much better,' I thought. I was picturing myself being treated better and more loved.

I wish Sophie was here. I was moving around the halls. Maddie was sitting in English. No problems with her. I went to the bathroom and cried more.

The bell rang 20 minutes later. My friends, Haley, Maddi, Kate, and McKenna, were probably looking for me.

Maddie came in the bathroom.

"Dani?" Maddie said. "What's wrong?"

"I want you to skip classes with me,"

"Woah! That's an awful risk,"

"It's better than calling Kara at work,"

"Just say you're sick,"

"Kara has to come from New York to get me,"

"Ok, Fine!" The tardy bell rang. "Well I'm late to Geography,"

"I'm late to English,"

We sat down for a minute.

"I have to go to class 6th period, I'm leaving in the middle of it," I said.

"What do you want to do?" Maddie said.

"I guess we can go hide somewhere,"

"Where? Dani, we can't be in here!" Maddie whispered.

"I have an idea," We left the bathroom and went in the stage control center. Maddie and I each had our phones out. Nobody can find us here.

I was playing a game.

I heard a knock on the door. It was Luke, a camera guy. I opened it.

"Hey, guys, what are you doing here?" He said.

"Just trying to deal with emotional problems," I lied.

"Oh, you girls might want to get to class, Principal's roaming up and down the hallways and stage,"

"I can't go to class!" I teared up.

"Is Weelburger being a jerk again?"

"Yes, she hates me, so does Ben and Juilanne,"

"Ok, there's another hiding place above here in the wall, there's stairs accessing the stage, all you need to do is press a button and the stairs will pop up, a ramp will also come up for you,-"

"Just exactly what are you doing?!" The principal said.

"I was getting the props for the winter 2nd grade concert here," Luke said.

"And you girls?"

"Helping him," Maddie lied.

"Ok, hurry up," The principal left the control room. We helped Luke with the props.

"Dani, that was so close!" Maddie said as we carried the container of snow.

"Tell me about it," I said. The bell rang.

"Thank you, girls," The teacher said. We both rushed out of that class. I went to Science, happy.

I don't have 6th period until 1 period after lunch.

Lunch...

I sat with Haley, Maddi and Kate. McKenna was in the other bell.

Maddi and McKenna were twins that pretty much grew up with me. Kate and I met in middle school. Haley and I met on the first day of High School.

"We're going to miss you," Maddi said. "Promise us you'll FaceTime us every other night."

"I will depending on how busy I am,"

"Good,"

"Where were you in English today?" Kate asked.

"I was in the office," I lied.

"Oh that's fun,"

"Yes,"

Maddi smiled and as we went to throw our trash away, we hugged.

"Don't trust New York City boys," Haley said. "But otherwise I'll miss you," We hugged.

"I'll miss you too,"

The bell rang concluding the end of lunch. Maddi and I went to Gym Class and Kate and Haley went to Choir.

I couldn't participate, never again.

6th period...

The tardy bell rang for 6th period. It was Study Hall. I sat quietly on my phone. Maddie was one of my classmates in my study hall.

"Can I take 1 last selfie with you?" Maddie whispered. We aren't supposed to have our phones out during class.

"Go ahead," I said. Maddie pulled her phone out and took a selfie with me.

"I'll send it to you,"

"Excuse me, Ms. Harrcarer?" The PA system said.

"Yes," The Teacher said.

"Do you have Danielle McGreen?" I started packing my things up. My locker was all empty and ready for someone else.

"Yes,"

"She's leaving for dismissal,"

"She's on her way,"

"Bye, Dani," Maddie started crying. She I hugged me. "Our volleyball team's going to miss you, little freshman. Prewoodley's blessed to have you,"

"They truly are," I said. "I'll miss you," I put my book bag on my back and left. I waved to everybody in the classroom. Then left the room and went to the office.

Kara was waiting on me.

"We'll miss you," The secretaries kept saying.

"Let's go," Kara said. We left the school. I was crying and Kara ignored me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
22.4M 786K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
120K 9.3K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
324K 8.6K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘢𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.