Caution, Purpose and Faith '...

Por silverspacechameleon

Derek Hale wanted power, ever since he avenged his sister’s death that’s all he could think about. It was his... Más

Chapter 2: Alpha, Beta, Omega?!
Chapter 3: Beacon Hills High
Chapter 4: Training-Round 1 |The tiger|
Chapter 5: The worst werewolf in history
Chapter 6: C'est très mauvais
Chapter 7: First day of training
Chapter 8: Milk Duds.
Chapter 9: Activities board
Chapter 10: Isaac's secret
Chapter 11: RUN MEG RUN!
Chapter 12: Le vibe that was harshed.
Chapter 13: 9 circles of hell.
Chapter 14: Meg's First Fullmoon -Part 1-
Chapter 15: Meg's First Fullmoon -part 2-
Chapter 16: Run anyone?
Chapter 17: He opened a can of whoopass.
Chapter 18: WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!?!
Chapter 19: The Move That Was Busted.
Chapter 20: Do The Creep
Chapter 21: Kick Ass Fortune Cookie Time!
Chapter 22: B-b-baddd gang.
Chapter 23: Cheetos and Mario.
Chapter 24: I Bet You Are Wondering What The Flip Is Going On?
Chapter 25: Heavy Pacing.
Chapter 26: Results Of A Lightning Storm Are Very Illuminating.
Epilogue

Chapter 1: Collateral Damage

28.2K 353 54
Por silverspacechameleon

Chapter 1 : Collateral Damage.

            "As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Its funny how rapidly situations can change in almost a blink of an eye, Meg had an experience firsthand when she was returning to Beacon Hills to visit her childhood friend Stiles when the next thing she knew she was being chased through the wilderness by a man with extreme dental, hair and hygiene issues.

Her feet pounded against the damp earth as Meg ran for her life, her heart raced threatening to break free as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. The full moon lit her path but barely, the forest was in darkness and she found herself tripping constantly but there was no way Meg was about to stop, that thing was after her and it was fast. She could hear its primal grunts and the rips of dirt under him as he tore through the wilderness after her. She knew she couldn’t run for much longer, she was only human and that thing, whatever it was… was far from human. Meg knew she had to hide and fast. 

The long crooked branches cut at the soft skin of her face as she passed, she took a swift turn not looking back but Meg heard soil scrap under him as he took a sharp twist to come after her. The anxiety heightened her senses, Meg’s dark eyes darted to the trees and she increased her speed, her legs throbbed and burned in agony but she refused to stop.

But the effort felt in vain the moment Meg felt a sudden pressure on her ankle before she was forced to the ground. A scream left her lips on instinct as Meg struggled and kicked, clawing at the dirt trying to get away but the earth slide under her as he pulled her body without a care.

 Meg couldn’t remembered a time where she felt more afraid, her father had taught her to never show fear to an animal that threatened to attack her, but this was no animal it was a man and a beast at the same time, she could never forget those sharp canines protruding from his mouth and the twisted snarl at his lips and worst of all, the glowing blood lust in his amber eyes. Meg had known in that moment no matter what she did, whether she ran or stood stock still he was still going to attack her, it was all too clear, so she had ran.

But now, being completely defenceless and caught, everything felt pointless, she regretted coming here, she regretted running away. Her thoughts were cut short the moment when he drove his sharp canines into her thigh breaking flesh and drawing blood and then there was no train of thought, only screaming and agony. On instinct her body trembled and her leg jutted out kicking him swiftly in the chest and that only angered him, Meg tried to crawl away but he dug his nails into the base of her back using it as a fork to pull her back to him, Meg cried for help but only the echo of her screams answered.

Meg didn’t know if it was because her body has gone into shock or her brain shut the rest of the body from the pain but the pressure of the animal’s body left hers and it was just Meg on the ground struggling to hold on to the thin line which was her life. But she heard the sound of struggling above her and more growls and grunts like there were two now, but one was more fierce and powerful than the other. She heard the sickening crack of bone before a loud howl pierced the air around them, then there was whimpering that seemed to dim in each second, as if the creature was running away. There was silence and Meg thought, hoped that maybe he was gone, but what scared it off?

Meg tried to move away but hissed the moment she did, she heard heavy panting above her and panic only began to grow, it was still here it wanted to end her life.

“No.” she tried to speak but that was easier thought than done, her voice and body betrayed her, threatening to shut down.

“Don’t move.” Meg tensed it was a male human voice and she could sense the concern and warning in his voice. She felt a warm touch on her body, gently rolling her on to her back but stopping her before the wounds came anywhere near the dirt under her. Meg’s eyes focused on a dark silhouette towering above her, she couldn’t see any features but all she could make out was a pair of red eyes that were dimming to a soft grey shade.

“He-w-“

“You shouldn’t speak.” His deep tone was soothing to her ears, considering the only thing she had heard till then was the pounding of her heart, she wished she could see his face but then the abrupt resonance of bullets leaving their guns echoed in the air. The man’s face snapped in the direction of the noise, his hold on her tightened as he sniffed the air around them. Meg wanted to look too but her entire being was weak and she never felt so fragile before, she could feel the life draining from her and her throat was dry and soar from the all the screaming and running. The man’s face shifted again and Meg could feel his eyes on her form, as if contemplating what to do with her, Meg wanted to protest and beg for him to take her with him, she didn’t want to die here, she didn’t want to die alone…it wasn’t fair when she came here to belong. But to her relief he stood up taking her with him into his strong arms just as Meg felt herself falling into oblivion.

Voices…Meg woke to the sound of two voices arguing, part of her wanted to rush her senses to wake but her body protested. Slowly Meg opened her eyes but a bright luminescent light glared down at her, she gave up and closed her eyes and just listened.

“What happened?” An unfamiliar voice spoke up; there was surprise and pity in his tone.

“Hunters startled an Omega and I guess she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time” Meg recognized that voice, it belong to her saviour.

“Her wounds are severe, look at this.”

“I know, but she has been bitten.”

“Bitten?”

“Yes. Maybe she will heal.”

“She is hanging on to thin thread here Mr. Hale.”

“Without stating the obvious, can you help her or not.” He was getting annoyed with the other man; it was clear from the sudden spike of irritation in his voice.

“I will do my best, but I can’t promise a recovery, but there is only so much I can do he-” The other man’s calm reply came to an abrupt stop; there was a long silence for a moment.

“What?” The man who saved Meg asked.

“Here wounds, the blood stopped, she is healing”

“Patch her up, I’ll be back as soon as possible” There was relief and contentment in his tone.

“Fine…” The man retorted as if against his better judgment.

“Thank you.” Meg was slipping back into unconsciousness and the questions that clouded her mind also came to a stop.

The veterinarian stared down at the sleeping young woman, he guessed her to be the same age as his young apprentice Scott, so young and involved in a problem way over her head. He sighed, how did high-schooler’s end up being dragged into such a chaotic mess?

Alan didn’t recognize her and Derek didn’t seem to either, was she just a tourist? Whoever she was he knew he had to warn Scott, from the looks of things Derek was going to have a new member in his pack. He grabbed his phone and began dialling Scott’s number instantly directed to voice mail, Alan sighed growing annoyed by the minute but after a moment he took a deep breath and calmed himself.

“Scott its Mr. Deaton, we have a little situation…”

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Derek was in his Chevy making his way to pick up the girl he rescued, the new addition to his team. He wasn’t planning on accepting anymore werewolves into his team, other than Erica and the rest but this was just handed to him. He was taking a walk to clear his minds, and the woods where his house used to be always brought him comfort but the hunters were hunting at the time and it wasn’t a werewolf he knew. It was someone from a far, hibernating here to most probably start a pack of his own, Derek wasn’t planning on getting involved not till he heard screaming.

His first thought was that it was one Scott’s classmates and Derek ran to her aid only to find a victim he didn’t recognize. Saving her from the blood lusting Omega was the least of his problems. She had been bitten and her body was bruised and broken but he couldn’t tear his gaze away from those large fearful eyes staring up at him for help, the way tears spilled from them, Derek was known to be cold hearted but not completely, some protective instinct in him had kicked in.

When Alan told him that she was healing, a plan began formulating in his mind. She was going to turn, her body had accepted the curse and it was now a part of her and pretty soon by the next full moon it will manifest her. Derek couldn’t leave a Beta on their own, not when their so young, helpless and alone. Derek had gone back to the forest in search for clues for her identity, there was a back pack where he found her and it consisted of clothes and food wrappers, there was also a wallet.

Derek discovered her name was Megra Day and she was seventeen years old and from Colorado. Strange…what was she doing in Beacon Hills? From the clothes and cash Derek guessed her to be a run away and he figured she wouldn’t have chosen to come here if she didn’t have any family here. Derek knew he had to check the directory for any Day’s, or he could just ask her once she got up.

Derek took a sharp left into the car park of the pet clinic, keeping the engine running Derek hurried over to the building, opened the door and walked in to the back. She was where he had left her and so was the vet. The bloods from her wounds were cleaned up and she was well bandaged but the dirt still littered the sides of her face and there were twigs in her dark curly hair. Derek glanced at the vet who nodded in silent approval for Derek to approach her, he did so without hesitation.

“I found her back pack, her name is Megra Day and she is from Colorado.” Derek stated Alan looked to him, surprise clear on his face.

“Colorado? What is she doing here?”  He inquired staring down at her peaceful expression. Derek nodded, silently taking steps towards the operating table she was laid on.

“Maybe she has family here” Alan pondered, not being able to deduce any other reason for a girl from Colorado to end up in Beacon Hills.

“Maybe, but I won’t find out anything else about her until tomorrow” Derek noted carefully tucking his arms under her neck and behind her knees before gently lifting her up into his arms.

“You are taking her with you?” Alan asked hastily as Derek attempted to walk away.

“Of course, she is going to need answers when she wakes up.” He stated glancing at her for a moment.

“Are you sure that is wise?”

“She is going to turn, one way or another, so it’s best she is with someone who can give her answers.”

“You should know, I told Scott.” Alan stated after a moment in all seriousness, Derek tensed turning to face the good Vet.

“What? What did he say?” Derek hissed through gritted teeth.

“Well, I left him a message, he will know about this.”

“Fine, but I am still taking her.”Derek grumbled annoyance seeping in to his words before he exited the room to the lobby before leaving the building with the girl in his arms.

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.1M 48.1K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.6K 56 29
"Time, curious time gave me no compasses, gave me no signs. Were there clues I didn't see? And isn't it just so pretty to think. All along there was...
60.3K 3.1K 22
A fan fiction based on C.L. Stone's Ghost Bird series. What would have happened if Sang's mother didn't die... I have stopped writing this, but my no...
6.6K 167 22
when ciara matthews, a well known name around the fbi forces, gets assigned to a new location, working along side special agents like terry lake, dav...