Lenaria: The Party Begins CON...

By eugenia_8008

This is the continuation of Lenaria: The Party Begins because Wattpad only allows 200 chapters. Read my book... More

Author's Note
Promise - Part 6
Promise - Part 7
Promise - Part 8
Promise - Part 9
Promise - Part 10
Intermission
Intermisson
Until Next Time - Part 1
Until Next Time - Part 2
Until Next Time - Part 3
Until Next Time - Part 4
Until Next Time - Part 5
Until Next Time- Part 6
Until Next Time - Part 7
Until Next Time - Part 8
Until Next Time - Part 9
Until Next Time - Part 10
Until Next Time - Part 11
Until Next Time - Part 12
Until Next Time - Part 13
Until Next Time - Part 14
Until Next Time - Part 15
Until Next Time Part 16
Until Next Time - Part 17
Until Next Time - Part 18
Until Next Time - Part 19
Until Next Time - Part 20
Intermission - The Final Chapter

Promise - Part 5

9 0 6
By eugenia_8008

Evgenia stumbled into the guest room the crew was staying in. It was a lavish room, large enough for all of them to sleep in.

When the witch had arrived for bedtime, she found her friends not sleeping. They were all sitting in the center of the room, chattering on the floor. It was a moment of free bliss, forgetting the ominous threats of war that is soon to come.

Omis was asleep, curled up at the bed Evgenia had claimed.

Evgenia stood there, silently watching over her friends who hadn't noticed her at first.

Momoko giggled as Bella braided her long hair. Bella gently combed her fingers through the jet black hair, twisting the sleek hair into a long braid. "Have you ever though about cutting your hair?"

Momoko shrugged, "So many times before. But, it's sort of my village's culture to have long hair."

"Shinki Village, right?" Minerva asked, "I've always wanted to see their fireworks. I heard it's beautiful."

Momoko nodded, smiling wide with a slight blush, "Uh-huh, Shinki is such a wonderful kind village. I feel bad for being such a bad spirit to them."

Evgenia sighed, quietly walking to her bed. She leaned down, gently petting the large wolf. The creature's ears twitched as she ran her fingers through the soft fur.

Adva spotted her at last, the necromancer waved their hand, "Evie! Come over here!" They scooted over, patting the spot next to them. Evgenia looked back and forth between her bed and Adva.

After an awkward moment, Evgenia slowly sat down next to Adva.

"So," Minerva turned to Evgenia, "What do you and Victor talk about?"

Evgenia took off her hat, setting it beside her. She pushed her bangs back, face staying stern. "Well," She began, "Victor and I were... just talking about stuff."

"Stuff?" Momoko raised an eyebrow.

"Our parents," Evgenia muttered, looking away from her friends. Her friends fell silent, knowing the strange relationship the Wisp siblings had with their parents. The witch shook her head, "It wasn't anything bad. We were just... thinking about visiting them soon."

Minerva and Adva shared a concerned look. Bella tilted her head curiously at Evgenia.

Momoko pouted at Evgenia, "When?"

Evgenia shrugged, "Don't know."

Minerva rubbed the back of her neck, her brown hair tickling over her pale hands. She frowned at the witch, full of worry. "Aren't they in Renaisse? Wouldn't that be dangerous?"

Evgenia stayed quiet. She knew it was dangerous for a mage to go into Renaisse at this moment. But... She and Victor needed to see their parents. Victor missed them. And Evgenia... Something bothered her.

Something wasn't right.

"We'll come with," Adva offered.

"No," Evgenia shook her head, "Me and Victor are fine on our own."

Momoko scoffed, "As if we're going to let you two go on your own into a dangerous territory. We have your back, Evie!"

"Yeah!" Bella finished the last bit of Momoko's braid, dropping the hair gently. The bard smiled at the witch, there was a light of determination and courage in her eyes. It was... strange seeing that coming from Bella. "You've always been there for us when we were in trouble, let us do the same!"

"Guys," Evgenia sighed, rubbing her temple, "I'm not going on a mission that'll kill me. I'm just visiting my parents."

"Still," Momoko pouted, crossing her arms stubbornly, "Parents are scary!"

"Momoko," Evgenia rolled her eyes, "You don't have parents."

The spirit giggled, playing with her long braid, "I know! But other people's parents are scary! They could be so judgemental and intimidating!"

"And it's Evie's parents," Adva whispered, "She's already scary. Imagine her parents."

"And pretty. Hot and intimidating," Bella pointed out, pale face turning pink, "I mean- not that her parents are good-looking- shit. I'm sure they're attractive, er... We've never actually seen them before- I mean they're Evie's parents so surely- I... I'll just shut up."

The crew looked at Bella, eyebrows raised and taken aback. Then they exploded in laughter, yes, even Evgenia. 

Bella blushed red, embarrassed but chucking along with them.

Tears formed in their eyes as they collapsed on the floor. Evgenia covered her mouth, hitting her fist against the floor. Choking on her laughs, Evgenia's face turned red from laughing so hard.

Adva jumped onto Bella, laughing into their shoulder with a red face. "Bella, I swear! You say the most darnest of things!" 

After their fit of laughter was over and they were left gasping for air, Evgenia took a deep breath. She rubbed her red cheeks.

She's.. Never laughed this hard before with her friends.

"It's true," Evgenia finally said, "My parents are attractive in their own way, they have an appearance to uphold due to their repuatation as powerful witches."

She looked at her friends.

Was it true? That she had supported them?

Evgenia didn't think she was a savior or anything. Sure, she admits she's done things that did save their quests. But Evgenia didn't think it meant that she was the one they look up to.

But the look in their eyes... They really admired her.

Evgenia offered the best smile she could muster, even though it made her cheeks hurt. "I guess you can come along."

The crew cheered. They were so ready to see the Wisp siblings's parents.

...

The next day, after they had a meeting with the Queen, the crew gathered at the palace gates.

The meeting was mostly about catching the crew up with the war. So far, no attacks. Though, there had been sightings of troops collecting at the borders.

The crew had told the Queen that they were going to leave again, Queen Hela understood. The crew were still adventurers. They still needed to explore and continue on their journey.

At the gates, Blue Note ruffled Adva's hair. The necromancer patted their large hand, grinning up at the barbarian. Adva looked behind Blue Note, giving Claus and Rhyna a thumbs up.

Evgenia tightened the harness on Lucy, checking to make sure the horse was secured to the wagon.

There was the shuffling of someone running and their was a voice that called out, "Sorry I'm late!"

Victor ran up, panting heavily when he made it. When he stood up straight again, Victor fixed his hat before it could fall off. He grinned at his sister, hoping he wasn't actually late.

Evgenia rolled her eyes, scoffing amusingly at Victor.

"Isn't it dangerous to go through the borders?" Claus asked them. The barbarian had a point.

Evgenia nodded, agreeing with him. "It is. Which is why I'm going to teleport us there."

Bella frowned, leaning out of the wagon, "Are you sure?"

Minerva joined in, "I agree. Yesterday you were close to passing out when you teleported us from Icier to here."

"Well," Evgenia defended herself, "Our parents are halfway through that. I'm sure I'll be fine."

Victor climbed onto the wagon, throwing his belongings into the back. He smiled at his sister, "I think you can do it!"

Blue Note waved at Adva as the necromancer joined their friends in the wagon. The barbarian leader frowned, "We'll miss you."

"Hey," Adva pointed a fingergun at them, "I'll be back sooner than you'd think. That's a warning." They giggled.

The barbarians turned around, leaving to tend to their business.

Evgenia sighed, grabbing the reins of Lucy.

"Um," Momoko scooted, "Aren't we a little squished back here?"

Omis looked at her, almost mocking her with a roll of his eyes.

The giant creature was sitting in the wagon, pretty much taking up all the space. Bella and Minerva were bunched together, legs draped over Omis' own. Momoko was against his side, pushed up against the wagon wall.

Adva whined, "At least you're not at his butt." They pouted, legs hanging from the edge, Omis' behind next to their head.

Evgenia rolled her eyes, "Don't worry, this'll only be for a moment."

The witch, not wanting to hear her friends complain again, started her teleporting spell.

Victor watched his sister, waiting for the familiar light to flow from her body.

He never managed to teleport before. Teleportation was a hard spell, he never had been able to master it. Victor was always fascinated by his sister's ability to easily use magic, she was a prodigy afterall.

But... something was wrong.

Evgenia's face contorted into frustration as nothing happened. She could easily do a teleportation spell. So why couldn't she do one right now?

Evgenia had a clear image of her home. She was focused. She had the power.

She's teleported many times before. Why can't she do it now?

"Eve," Victor touched her shoulder gently, "Are you okay?"

"I-" Evgenia gasped, setting her arms down. Her eyes grew wide as she panted out, "I can't do it. I can't do the spell."

For the first time in her life... Evgenia couldn't manage a spell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.6K 42
Wattpad only lets you have 200 chapters and the story is more than 200 chapters, so here we are, starting a separate book just to continue the same s...
32.4K 2.1K 28
This is the continue of "One With Nature" since Wattpad only allows 200 chapters per-story.
50 1 16
This is a continuation for the Supernatural rp that I worked on with one of my friends. PART 3: https://www.wattpad.com/story/127943134-random-supern...
1.4K 25 22
A continuation of the former book bc Wattpad will no longer allow me to edit it