Beauty, Roses and Attitude (T...

By Daydreamwithme

Annabelle Marie De La Viviane. She’s beautiful and too wealthy for her own good. Anyone who lays their eyes o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 3

395 19 8
By Daydreamwithme

Chapter 3

“What.” Apparently, that’s the only word I can remember from my vocabulary. I turn to look at where Adam and Cole just disappeared and then back to Mrs. Pots. “He said that because him and Fiona needed money because of her hospital expenses and that there was nowhere else to go but to you, he asked for money to pay for Fiona’s hospital bills and I swear the boy was tearing up while blushing from talking. He also looks like he was going to shed a tear or two. He really wants the best treatment possible for his mother. Anyway, in return because he feels bad and he wants to do something for you, he said he was going to tutor you in place of his mother just until she gets better. Fiona has also mentioned you to him and how you need to really catch up on your studies. Trust me though, Adam is a very smart boy and he is capable of teaching just like his mother.” Mrs. Pots explains to me but all I could do is stare at her with a flabbergasted expression when she finishes. 

“What Cole did was unfair. What if I didn’t want to accept his offer?” I state giving both of them a haughty look. “But you won’t.” They both pointed out at the same time. “Why not?” I ask. “Well it’s for Fiona.” Their answer was short but it holds a lot of meaning.

It’s true. I’d do anything for Fiona because I see her as a motherly figure. Maybe it’s because of her maternal instincts or the way she smiles at me so lovingly that persuaded me that I don’t even need to see my own mother. How can I? She died giving birth to me. Anyway, I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to help Fiona whenever I can. She’s basically the only person I look at as family.

Knowing that they’re correct and I’m defeated, Mrs Pots and Luis offers me smiles before making their way out of the study, leaving me on my comfy chair.

The thought of having someone completely new teaching me makes my stomach churn. And the fact that this person is a boy makes it ten times worse. No, I do not like this boy. In fact, I concluded the second I saw him sitting on my precious chair that I don’t like him at all. I know I’ve said before that he was my only source of entertainment from the outside world through his mother but I rather enjoy his foolishness when he is not doing it in my presence or at least in my mansion.

But if I need to deal with Adam just to make sure Fiona gets the best of treatment then I am all ready to sit through a couple of hours of complete awkwardness with Adam.

“It’s dinner time, Ms.” Someone knocked on my door and that was when I realised that it was already 6:30 pm. “Yeah, I’ll be right at the dinner table in five minutes.” I call and after that I hear footsteps subsiding.

There is no point in sulking and grumbling about what is in the past so I stood up from my comfiest chair and continue my daily routine like nothing special just happened.

--

It was today.

Well it was yesterday when the strange ma-Adam…visited me so naturally it would be today when he visits me again for our tutoring session.

Currently, I’m waiting for his arrival in my living room where I would then lead him to the study room to start working and to finish as early as we could possibly can. No touching, no talking about personal stuff unless it involves his mother’s condition because I intend to briefly ask him about that. I’m also going to look sophisticated and professional and as if this is a meeting that I’m going to attend to. That’s the plan and it’s a mighty good plan I must say.

“He’s late.” I grumble, further sinking down on the sofa. If he comes any later than 3:00 I am going to have a fit. He shouldn’t be late like this! He should be punctual and professional knowing that someone is waiting for him. “Patience, Ms Annabelle.” I can almost hear the laughter inside Cole’s head. “I’ve been waiting for 15 minutes now. How long must he make me wait?!” 15 minutes may not be such a long time for other people but that’s because they have patience and I don’t.

The doorbell finally rang and I sat down properly, adjusting my knee length dress. It was normal for me to wear something as extravagant like this because well…I’m rich. And it wasn’t like this is one of my most expensive dresses. Yes, it is true that all of them are expensive but this one is not at all one of my favourites but it was decent.

“Hey, Annabelle! Sorry to keep you waiting I had t-“He abruptly stops both his walking and talking when he sees my annoyed expression. He takes that I wasn’t on the mood –which is the only mood he has seen on me so far- and proceeds to whistle lowly. “It’s Ms. Annabelle. Have you already forgotten?” I scoff at his ability to forget things so easily.

“Well no. I just thought that…” He trails, clutching the strap of his bag tighter. “Thought what?” I’m not curious, I’m challenging him to say something that will please me but he shook his head. “Never mind. Do you want to start?” He asks. Finally, he said something that is logical and is actually something of good use.

I didn’t answer him verbally but gave him an uncouth nod. He didn’t realise my actions but if he did, he brushed it off and continue giving me a small smile. I didn’t smile back and instead I turned on my heel and walked off to the study just like I planned.

“You look really pretty in that dress by the way.” He compliments me when we were half way to the study. It was an awkward silence before he said that but I rather much prefer that instead of this. “Uh, yeah thanks.” I mutter. It was a compliment and I’m going to take it as it is. Just a small harmful compliment. I mean it’s just a compliment or wait…maybe. Wait was he hitting on me?! I refuse to look back to see if he actually is checking me out and his tone was something genuine so it couldn’t be.  I wouldn’t blame him though. I’m very much used to the same people every day and whenever they complement me or talk to me, it wasn’t like they wanted to say that. There’s no one who would dare hit on me in this mansion anyway unless they’ve decided to be creepy old men and ladies.

We approach the open door of the study and I walked straight in not bothering to welcome him in. “Close the door after you.” I order. He was a bit taken a back with my stuck up attitude and I internally fist bumped myself for displaying authority almost immediately.

“First things first, we are not to have any small talks or conversations during our session. We will only talk to each other regarding the things that you are going to teach me. Is that understandable? The only small talk that I will tolerate now is how is your mother doing?” I ask. I tried not to display any emotion when I said everything especially when it came to the part about his mom.

He sits down on the chair that was placed in front of the table that was in front of us. “She’s okay I guess. Not her finest day but she’ll live. Hopefully.” He whispers the last part while taking things out of his bag. I notice a mobile phone placed near him and I wanted to snatch it and play with it.

Despite being ridiculously rich, I was not allowed contact from the outside world. No laptops, no phones and definitely no TV. I mean, I do have a TV but it’s not like I could use it. We didn’t have cable. Hence why I probably sound really old for my age and why I get bored a lot.

“So where do you want to start first?” He asks beckoning for me to look at the books that he laid out in front of us. The writings were facing me so it was easy for me to stare and see which one I want to study first. “Are we going to do all this today?” I whine, pouting childishly, something that I do a lot when Fiona gets me to do way too much work.

I didn’t really realise that I did that so I was a bit surprised when Adam laughed. His eyes crinkle from amusement and he bites his lower lip to keep himself from laughing again and instead he’s displaying a huge smile. I found it annoying.

“Shut up. Start with History I guess.” I answer his question. “Good choice. And no, we’re only probably going to do two subjects today. Well, depends on you.”

And that was how we started our first ever tutoring session. He’s smart I’d have to give that to him, maybe a bit annoying when he glances and fiddles with his phone every five minutes whenever he got me to answer questions but other than that, he was just like Fiona. I can see so much resemblance between the two that it’s almost scary. There was the way they always furrow their brows whenever they stumble over a word by accident and I’ve also noticed that the both of them have a bad habit of biting on their lips. I mean there’s a lot but I don’t feel like being branded as a stalker so I’ll just keep all of my observations to myself.

Anyway it’s basically like mother like son.

After what felt like excruciating years, we were finally finished with the lesson for today. He’s packing up in a very slow pace and I have to stand and look at him bored out of my mind. It’s as if he was doing it in purpose and I couldn’t do anything about it because I remember what Cole told me. He told me that if I was not to behave and treat him like a proper guest, I couldn’t have dinner tonight, which is rather unpleasant and unfair. Jesus Christ, he’s such a manipulative freak. Well I kind of failed at this already seeing like I treated him really badly throughout our whole session and even right before when I acted snobbish.

Let’s just hope that he’s not a tattletale.

“Okay yeah I’m ready.” Adam patted his jean pocket and hummed in relief. “You may go now.” I say flatly. He gives me a look that looks smug. “Aren’t you going to walk me to the door?” I blink twice before settling with a glare. “Why would I?” God, the nerve of him…

“Oh wow chill. You need to loosen up.” He said but then added “Like a lot.” This pissed me off even more. “Get out of my house right now.” I grit my teeth in annoyance, my temper rising off the roof. He laughs lightly but there was a glint of nervousness that was covered quickly when he started to walk out the door. “Okay, geez calm down. Just trying to be friends with the girl I’m basically going to be spending my time with every day.” He holds the door open for me and I rush out almost immediately. “Well we’re not friends.”

“What’s with the cold front? And why do you always speak like you’re some sort of an 80 year old proper man?”

This was not in my plan! He’s not supposed to be making conversation when the session is done! He’s supposed to quietly go home and disappear out of my life until tomorrow comes. I’m pretty sure I told him not to make small conversation to me.

I look back, glaring at him. “I told you that I don’t want small talks or conversations.” I say and he grins. “But it’s not our session anymore, right? You said that I can’t make small talks and conversation when we’re having our session but basically we’re not having our session right now. See? I didn’t break any of your precious rules.” He says as if he was mocking me. Damn…

I blush red, admitting that he was right and I’m wrong but that did not stop me from throwing him one final glare before walking quicker. In times like this, I wish I lived in a small mansion.

It feels like forever to get to the doorway and when we finally reached the elegant royal like door, he was trying not to laugh at my child like ways of handling situations.

“There. Get out.” Venom like tone arose from my throat.

“Thank you for your kind farewell words. I’m really looking forward for tomorrow.” He gives me a look before opening the door and walking out.

The funny thing was that there was nothing sarcastic about the look he gave me. It looked genuine. As if he really was looking forward for tomorrow.

Ugh, stupid boy.

Author's Note

GUYS GUYS GUYS I'm going to start putting gifs and photos (Sometimes videos) at the side (or top, depending what kind of device you're reading from) Anyway, I feel like no one actually reads this book so would guys please kindly share it to your friends or sisters? Brothers if they're in to things like this?  

Oh and I need someone to make a trailer for this please :3 Just message me if you're interested in doing it! 

I'd appreciate more comments and votes guys :) 

10 comments and 10 votes for the next chapter? 

Stay pretty my daydreamers! Unless you're a dude! Then stay handsome! 

Vote 

Comment 

Love you xxx

:) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.4K 47
Alexandra "Alex" Doherty is the girl everyone envies. She's well liked, is the captain of the soccer team, has a great group of friends, her boyfrien...
19.1K 1.8K 28
"Holly, is there something you want to tell me?" Miss Adeline made me swallow the lump in my throat as her piercing eyes were staring into my soul. "...
141K 6.8K 48
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
605K 17.9K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...