Let's Love Tonight

By fallingheartsxx

BOOK 2 of the Let's Hurt Tonight series. More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

29

9.5K 251 76
By fallingheartsxx

I'm so sorry I forgot to acknowledge this in my last chapter (I was blinded by rage) but thank you so much for all the love in regards to my surgery ❤️ I wasn't expecting all the comments so I was overwhelmed when it came to replying but I really appreciate it!! So far my surgery is now Monday and I got Covid tested again yesterday lol it wasn't a swab test but rather a saliva test? Idk but I was relieved I didn't have to get the q-tip thing shoved all the way up my nose LMAO

...

Amelia

"Amelia," a frantic voice whispers. 

I groan and turn over in my sleeping bag, burying my head into my pillow. 

"Amelia," the voice says again. 

"Hmm," I sleepily respond. I squint open my eyes to see Harry sitting up, looking down at me. 

"I think something touched my foot," 

I smile and roll over on my back. Closing my eyes again, I outstretch my arms as a cue for Harry to climb into my embrace. He's quick to do so, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his head into my chest. 

"Was it on the outside or inside of the tent?" I ask Harry. 

"The outside. My foot was pressed up against the tent and I felt something touch it. Do you think it was a bear?" he responds. 

I giggle and run a hand through Harry's messy curls in an attempt to relax him. He's been absolutely loving this camping trip. He enjoyed hiking the other day and the countless hours of swimming and sitting around the campfire we've been doing. It's only when we're sleeping that he has issues because of his impractical fear of wild animals. 

"No, baby, it wasn't a bear," I tell him. "It was probably a raccoon. Nothing to worry about," 

Harry whines. 

"Are you sure?" he asks me, quietly. 

I tilt my head to the side and press a kiss against his hairline. 

"I'm sure. Black bears won't hang out near us because all of our food is stored away in bear-proof containers. They're not interested in people," I explain. 

Harry sighs heavily and snuggles closer to me. I lace my fingers in his curls, tugging gently on them as he lulls back into a sleep. I'm just about to follow suit but the both of us are abruptly awoken by the sound of howling and stampeding coming from just a little beyond my fathers tent. 

Harry and I sit up, staring at the zipped up door to our tent. The howling hasn't completely stopped, but it's fading as the pack of wolves or coyotes move to wherever they are traveling to. 

"Uh," Harry nervously says. 

"What the fuck was that?" I hear my dad yell. 

I bite my lip trying to hold in the snicker I'm about to release but I fail miserably. I start laughing at the ridiculousness that is this trip. It's just been a string of comical incidents, from my dad pranking my brothers into thinking Bigfoot is real to Charlie flashing a strobe light into mine and Harry's tent during a heated make out session. It all seems like a fairytale during the day and then the sun sets and it all goes to shit. 

"It's not funny," Harry whines. 

I fall back on the sleeping bag, covering my face with my hands while I fall into a fit of hysterics. Harry lays down next to me and pulls me to him in a tight embrace. 

"I'm sorry," I tell him, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. "Everything just goes wrong at night," 

Harry chuckles. 

"I wouldn't say it goes wrong. It's just more of these 'what the fuck' moments," he tells me. 

I reach up and cup Harry's face, planting small kisses all over. His stubble is growing in and I'll admit that I actually really adore it. It's scratchy to kiss but somewhat alluring at the same time. 

"I'll protect you from the wolves," I promise him. 

Harry pouts. 

"Now you're just making fun of me," he complains. 

I kiss his lips, a grin forming on my own. 

"I am not," I counter. "I'm just letting you know I'll protect you. And you know why? Because I loooove you," 

I release my hands from Harry's cheeks and place them on his chest, cuddling close to him. He holds me tight and rests his chin on top of my head. 

"I love you, too," he whispers. "For the rest of eternity,"

My heart hammers in my chest. He's been saying that a lot lately, that he'll love me forever. It makes me feel warm inside but I also worry that it won't be true. I trust Harry and I know he loves me now, but I secretly fear he'll grow tired of me and his words will become meaningless in the future. 

"Do you mean that?" I ask him. 

I pull away from him so that I can look at his face. It's barely visible with the faint moonlight peeking through the tent, but I can still make out the green in his eyes staring back. 

"Of course I do. Do you think I don't love you?" he asks me with furrowed brows. 

I shake my head, feeling slightly guilty for even asking the question. 

"I know you love me," I tell him. "I guess I just don't want you to get sick of me after a while," 

Harry frowns and leans forward, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead. 

"That won't happen, darling," he says. "I've never felt this way about anyone before. Literally no one. This is...well this is real. I just can't picture a future without you in it," 

This conversation is deep for the dead of night. I wasn't expecting this turn of events but I'm not mad at it. It's refreshing and it satisfies the validation I so desperately needed.

Harry kisses my lips and leans his forehead against mine. I reach up with one of my hands and gently caress his cheek, stroking my thumb up and down his skin just to make sure he's real and actually in front of me right now. 

"I don't want you to leave," I say, my voice barely audible. 

"I won't leave you, love bug. You're too special to me," Harry responds, his voice equally as quiet. 

I sigh. I feel myself getting emotional again. 

"Promise me you'll call when you're away on tour? I'll call you too but your schedule is a lot more hectic than mine," 

"I promise," Harry says. "Every chance I get. And if you want to fly out to be with me, just say the word,"

I nod. I want more than anything to be by his side, especially during his first tour. I will be for part of it, but I'll be bouncing back and forth between where he is and our New York home. I have a project I desperately need to work on before I lose motivation, and on top of that one of the publishing houses in the City is interested in hiring me. It's a lesser known company but I'll take any job. Plus it'll be some sort of connection to hopefully have my new book published in the future. 

"I will. If my personal life wasn't so up in the air then I'd be there with you every step of the way. I'll be there for your first couple of shows and then my birthday week as well...and the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show," I tell Harry, guilt coursing through me. 

Harry smiles. 

"I don't expect you to drop everything to be with me, love. Yes, I want you there but you have a life too. I'm just happy you'll be with me for some of it. And maybe next year you can accompany me on the North American leg of the tour," he says. 

"I'd like that. And I'll make sure to wear my Harry Styles t-shirts to all your concerts," I tell him. 

He snickers. 

"Yeah?" he asks. 

"Yeah. I'll buy one of those 'Harry Styles is my boyfriend' shirts off of Etsy or Redbubble,"

"They make those?" 

"Honey, you can buy anything in pertains to you," 

Harry scrunches his nose and lips. 

"I'm not sure if I like that," he says. "Maybe I'll wear an 'Amelia Christmas is my girlfriend' shirt and we can match," 

I bite my lip, the thought absolutely adorable and ridiculous. 

"I'm sure they don't make those shirts but perhaps we can make our own," I shyly suggest. 

Harry smiles. 

"I'd like that," he says. He leans in and kisses me again, just as gently as he did before. "We should get some sleep now, darling,"

"Agreed," I say, followed by a yawn. I snuggle into Harry, his body heat keeping me warm in the cold of the night. "I love you, Harry. For eternity," 

"I love you, too," Harry says. "Forever and always," 

...

BRO this chapter was soft and cheesy and BASED ON A TRUE STORY (minus Harry Styles being there lol). Last year when I went camping a pack of coyotes ran through the campsite and I knew I had to write it in. It was ridiculous how loud it was.

Also I know this was another filler but I promise things are coming. It's just taking me a while to get there but it's happening lol

ALSO ALSO I know my updates haven't been as frequent lately. I'm going to try to update all my books on Fridays, so you can definitely expect updates then, and then if I can I'll squeeze in a couple during the week. It's a little hectic with 3 books right now but I'll make it work because I love them all.

And if you haven't checked it out yet, my new book 'Forbidden' is out now :) 

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 12.5K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
371K 7.4K 51
"All you had to do was trust me." "You're the one that's leaving..." "You're the one that isn't stopping me." **********
1.1K 107 21
Cassiopeia Malfoy had lived 16 years of her life striving to be her fathers idea of perfection. Truly, the only two things she ever desired was her f...
372K 11.2K 29
"starting today," the infamous raven vargas says, spreading her hands wide, in a gesture suggesting that today is some sort of tangible object-someth...