CODE 13430 | MYG

By cyphoric

❝Fucking rearrange it, Yoongi! I swear we'll get some new shit!❞ That same number... 𝟭𝟯𝟰𝟯𝟬 Another murde... More

D I S C L A I M E R
P R O L O G U E
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷| You aren't free
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸| Still orbiting you
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟹| This is all for you
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟺| Mysteries of untold words
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟻| My misunderstood words
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟼| In the depth of darkness
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟽| Sending you...
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟾| The days will be over
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟿| Never leave me alone!
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟶| Our goodbye is colourless
I N T E R L O G U E
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟷| He violated what?!
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟸| It's in their hands
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟹| Going with the Plan
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟺| Just a number...?!
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟻| Come back from unseen
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟼| Just a color change
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟾| Darkness is the stalker
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟿| Life is a joke
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟶| Like a shadow
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟷| Déjà vu & untold truths
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟸| Cold war
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟹| Is he really Haneul?
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟺| The postmortem report
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟻| Step in the forbidden
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟼| Hidden in the Forbidden
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟽| To make things right
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟾| Puzzles and Theories
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸𝟿| He's not Him
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟹𝟶| In search of the Dentist
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟹𝟷| A long night
ƎᗡOƆ 𝟹𝟸| The brewing storm

ƎᗡOƆ 𝟷𝟽| Impossible facade

286 95 100
By cyphoric

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

"V hyung...when did you get the license though?" The youngest one mocked at the confused face of the one who's driving right now.

He blinked at him like a child and said, "Last month...why?"

Jungkook was about to burst out laughing but controlled it by pursing his lips in the right moment and motioned him to continue with the driving. From the passenger seat at the back, Hoseok was keeping an eye on both while going through a copy of the case file.

These kids I swear...

"Hey, dude. That's my new car okay. Don't dare to ruin it on your first day of driving it. I gave you to drive just because you're fast." He stated with a serious voice to Taehyung a bit more alert with it- which kind of worked as a warning to him and he nodded quickly after the gulping the lump in his throat.

What Taehyung missed is Hoseok's encouraging smile for him at the end.

"Good. Now no more talking kids. I want utter silence."

The youngest one got busy opening his backpack with all his might as the chain seemed to have got jammed by certain threads from the material when the oldest kept on going through the papers as his black-rimmed nerdy glasses seated elegantly on the bridge of his nose. And here the other one got lost on the roads.

Taehyung kept on looking at the surroundings to find the building he was familiar with but all went in vain. Beads of sweat started to form on his forehead just when Jungkook spoke up, "Hyung...where're you taking us to?"

"Uhm...I...actually forgot the...street number to the main building." He blurted out more like a whisper.

"What?!" Jungkook whisper yelled at him and said, "Then you should've opened the location map!"

"I-"

"What happened?" The voice of Hoseok shook both and Taehyung started to perspire more. But thanks to Jungkook- he handled it effortlessly.

"Nothing hyung! We're talking about Justin Bieber's new album."

What the-

Hoseok shook his head and 'tsk'-ed at his co-workers' childishness and fanboy energy despite being an agent of Korea's secret detective agency and went back to his work.

Jungkook sighed in relief and looked at Taehyung and said in a whisper, "I'm opening the location map. Look at it and go- and don't forget to use your brain too."

Taehyung was about to fight back at his defense for that mockery but got shut down by the oldest here- as he scolded both of them for being noisy.

"You guys want me to throw ya'll outta my car?"

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

| 𝙱𝚞𝚜𝚊𝚗; 𝟷𝟶:𝟹𝟶:𝟶𝟶 AM |

"Wait- where're you going now?" The girl stopped in the middle of cleaning the dining space and stood straight while holding a cleaner in her hand.

"I just-" Haneul replied in a hitched tone in an attempt of putting on his old sneakers, "Need to prepare something for a very dear one."

"Huh?!"

"Ba-Bye~" And he went out like that, covering his head with the hoodie and put on a black mask as he scooted down the stairs.

When Haeun stood there with her cleaner in one hand and the other hand on her hips, with a dumb expression.

"I mean...he just came..."

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

| 𝚂𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚕; 𝟶𝟷:𝟻𝟺:𝟶𝟶 𝙿𝙼 |

Parking a Black Hyundai in the deserted parking lot, they came out and entered the heavily crowded and busy building. But in their general attire, it was hard to pass through without their respective ID as the place was none other than a Law Firm directed by one of Korea's best business group- Kim & Chang.

But again- without an appointment who'll let you enter in any lawyer's office even when you work for the country's peace and all?

"Sorry, we're not supposed to let anyone in without an appointment. I'm afraid to say this but you'll have to leave." The guard stopped them from going further in the building with a metal detector in his hand.

Yoongi rolled his eyes after listening that when Youngdo bit his inner cheeks in frustration. Today they've had a lot and its already past noon without any nourishment for their body and on top of everything this kind of treatment! Tell me who'll be able to take in everything without getting frustrated? Not them.

But they forgot they were carrying luck with them today. RM!

"Aye aye! Hyung-nim~ why're you getting all so hard without listening to us completely, hmm?" Namjoon's eyes bore deep into that guard's soul as they made eye contact with each other which led the man to experience a hypnotizing effect on him. "Do you know he mailed us the permission letter?"

Everything seemed to turn slow as his eyes kept on following the lighter which played around Namjoon's finger with a flick of fire glistening through it. He asked with a hypnotized tone, "Really...?"

"Yes...really."

He fished out his phone with his left hand as the blazing flame was on in his other hand right in front of the guard's face. Within a flicking moment, he exchanged the position of the phone and the lighter and kept his gaze on his actions and effects.

"See...this-is-the-letter."

"The-letter."

It felt as if Namjoon was teaching him or something. For the first time now it felt like his deep and husky voice has a more hypnotizing effect on others than his tricks. But honestly...it wasn't even a letter but a black-and-white swirl could be seen there.

"We can go...right?"

"Yes...please." The guard removed the metal detector from their way and let them pass through and enter the official part of the building.

Walking towards the elevator Yoongi said with a smirk, "43 seconds." Namjoon replied with a two-finger salute while throwing a dimpled smile at them and entered the elevator. When the other guy looked confused and lost.

"I still don't know what happened right now...mind explaining?" He looked at both of them with a demented look and asked.

"This is hypno-"

"I'm not THAT stupid to not be able to detect that! Tell me how you learned it."

"Well...", Namjoon looked at Yoongi who shrugged and completed his sentence for him.

"He used to be an agent of the FBI Science Department and fortunately this is a part of their training."

"Wait- really?!"

The elevator opened as it reached the 11th floor of the building and the two came out leaving the officer behind. Yoongi deadpanned at him and asked, "Are you going to some other floor or land on the ground floor again?"

Youngdo's trance broke within seconds and he felt embarrassed as he came out of the elevator and started to follow them from behind. He never used to be at the back of his team but always the front one to lead them- but then he remembered that he lost that place six years ago.

I don't care about anything as long as I can find you.

"RM, you sure that this-"

Yoongi got interrupted by the sudden presence of a man with dark grey hairs and wrinkles at the corners of his eyes- indicating his old age. Four of them stopped in the middle of the corridor staring at each other while letting the atmosphere getting thickened with awkwardness.

"Who're you?"

"You must be the chairman of Kim & Chang group? We're from CODE. I hope you got the information about our arrival earlier." Yoongi showed his ID and introduced themselves to him while the man escorted them to his office.

"So...how're you doing Mr. Chang?"

"Just good to be honest. I mean- at this age with all those diseases engulfing you every day, what else do you expect young man?" The man smiled at Yoongi who asked about his life after so long. Even his son don't ask about all these for years now, he remembered.

Yoongi nodded with a smile and took a seat on the black leathered sofa along with the other two. "Right...I see that in my eomoni too."

"Would you like something-"

"Oh no no, sir. We're good. We would like to talk regarding the case as of now."

"Oh...okay then." His face dropped a little and nodded to sign them continue with their interrogations and all.

Yoongi bent forward to look at him, his hands resting on his thighs he said, "We inspected his call list and found that you had called Mr. Lee earlier that day and had a long conversation of about 1 hour. We would like you to share detailed information regarding your relationship with him and the topic of that call."

Mr. Chang clenched his jaw a bit and sat up straight on his seat. He gulped inaudibly and blurted, "First of all he was a good friend of mine and I even visited his funeral. I hope you got the news footage of it. And...about that call..."

The three pairs of eyes remained fixated at his expression and his words that came out from his mouth.

"As he was a doctor I was asking him to recommend me a good dentist for my dental problem, as I thought he might've good connections in his profession. He took a long time in finding a good one for me and then...as I said we're friends...some friendly chat followed as well."

Both Youngdo and Namjoon nodded at that and Namjoon kept on recording his testimony on the phone.

"Did he really gave you a good dentist's number?" Yoongi asked gaining the confused gazes from the other two when Mr. Chang looked uncomfortable which made him lick his lower lip.

"Ye-Yes?"

"Which doctor he recommen-"

"Sir, your appointed dentist is here to check on your today's diet." A man in a suit entered the room and informed him about the doctor's arrival.

"Oh- Dr. Hong is here? Okay then, escort him here." As the man left the room Mr. Chang looked at them and made a disappointed expression and said, "I'm sorry... tomorrow I've tooth filing appointment and the doctor needs to check on my diet before and after it's done."

"Oh- that's fine! We'll leave now anyway." Youngdo said in a haste and bowed in respect at him before dragging the other two out of his room.

The corridor wasn't too deserted this time as Yoongi felt the presence of two more people walking towards the chairman's room from the other elevator situated opposite to the one they were about to take. He looked behind only to shot a shadowed image in his mind.

"What the-"

"Shh!" Youngdo hushed them down and said as he breathed out, "He's lying!"

"Hyung I know he's! And that's why I needed to interrogate him further!" Yoongi rolled his eyes at him and bit his inner cheeks in rage to hold himself back.

"I know...that's why I dragged you two out here. Let's go slow on him." He patted Yoongi's shoulders while Yoongi asked Namjoon to inform Taehyung to keep ready some important pieces of stuff as the elevator landed on the ground floor.

Coming out from the elevator Yoongi and Namjoon took one direction when Youngdo another without even realizing it. But is felt their absence beside or behind him he looked back to see them walking oppositely.

"Yah! Where're you guys going?"

"We're leaving from the backdoor, hyung!"

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

Dressed in light-hued formal attire a young man entered the room with a brown leather briefcase in his hand and a steel-rimmed spectacle sitting on his nose bridge elegantly, covering the hooded eyes with the classy glass. His hair back brushed with gel perfectly.

Everything of him radiated classy and formal as he walked towards where Mr. Chang was sitting drowned in deep thoughts. "Mr. Chang, how're you?"

The old man came out of his trance at the sudden voice which kind of felt familiar to him as if he heard it moments ago. "Huh- sorry- Oh, Dr. Hong, right? Welcome, welcome!" The said man smiled a bit and took a sit on the same couch and looked around a bit.

"Sorry for the change of plan. I should've sent a nurse...but she's a bit sick right now so had to come by myself."

"That's better in my opinion. Though you've a lot of patients to take care of but this old man always summons you." With that, both burst into a fit of laughter as he checked the detailed regular diet chart of him.

He then asked him to lay down a bit so that he can have a good look in his mouth. "I'm kind of surprised as to how you recognised me. Last time you saw me- I was wearing a mask in the clinic though."

Dr. Hong asked with a confused and suspicious look at him which made the old man smile and said, "Well...you see these wrinkles? These says it all."

He smiled at him but internally he scoffed at the old man's remark and kept on checking the condition of his tooth that is going to be filing. Removing the mouth mirror and the torch, he helped him to sit up straight.

"Sometimes those wrinkles fail to detect a facade, Mr. Chang Dong Wool. And I can see a good example here." He smirked while packing his stuffs and placing the diet chart on the table.

"What do you mea-"

"Nothing." He took his briefcase before marching towards the door and opening it before blurting with a shrug, "Just my opinion, sir." He closed the door with a bit loud sound after bowing at him.

Entering the elevator he opened the spectacles, giving a good view of the known picture of the person that somewhere matches the one Haeun has lost her heart to. But that creepy smug smile was way too much to ruin the mood.

Too bad for you Mr. Chang that your wrinkles can't even detect my facade

____________________

Ik I'm late but honestly I was just banging mah head to find ideas to put up with mah pieces of scenes in mah head...and rlly it came. But mah head hurts now...DAMN!

-Nik

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 1.1K 52
Officer Kim Taehyung found himself in a puzzle when the target slaughtering started happen in South Korea's leading company 'Jeon World',famous for p...
365 53 4
"I will make sure that you will see this handsome face of mine for the first and the last time with your pretty eyes.." The killer said and gouged h...
17.7K 2.7K 31
"They're all unpleasant people." The cause of Kim Namjoon's death was murder, not food poisoning. As they delve deeper into the case, Inspector Jung...
130K 7.2K 34
Jimin watched love of his life holds hands with his sister and shares passionate kisses. Well , adopted sister to be exact but eversince she came to...