Desiderium

By idenshell

Desiderium (n) A fervent longing, as if something is lost. Rin Okumura lost his freedom to the Vatican. ~ Rin... More

Chapter 1: A Proposal of New Life
Chapter 2: Arrival
πŸ’€Strike Team: ThanatosπŸ’€
Chapter 3: Normal Kid... or Spy?
Chapter 4: Control
Chapter 5: Desiderium
Chapter 6: Adrenaline
Chapter 7: Gehenna's Gate
Chapter 8: Anxiety
Chapter 9: Playing with Fire
Chapter 10: Push Comes to Shove
Chapter 12: New Life
Epilogue: The New Mission

Chapter 11: The Children of Satan

214 13 0
By idenshell

A group of five teenagers walked down a side alley in the bustling streets of Tokyo. The one in front closing his azure eyes every so often to sense his brother's power.

"This way," he said, leading the group down another alleyway, towards a massive park. They stood at the entrance of the park and Rin felt a massive amount of demonic energy emanating from it. "If she wants to start a fire, we just have to wet the kindling."

Strike Team: Thanatos entered the park and headed straight for the source. When they arrived where the power was the strongest Rin could barely hear them from the ringing in his ears. There were hiding behind multiple trees, as Iblis appeared with multiple lower class demons carrying other pieces of the Gehenna Gate. Damn, we didn't get them all. Mason thought as he saw a small trickle of blood escape Rin's ear. Shit.

They all heard bushes rustle from the way they came and jumped into fighting positions, expecting it to be more of Iblis's demons. Though, when they saw a patch of blackish-pink hair, the team all shared a silent sense of relief. "Hey guys." Shima whispered as he moved the bush more to reveal two other people.

"Shura?!?" Rin whispered-shouted, startled to see someone from his old life, "Izumo?!" The purple haired girl shushed him.

"I told you I had spies." Shima smirked, "Shura's still new, though."

"Speaking of which, I have no idea what's going on. Mind filling me in?" Shura asked, looking at the demons in the clearing.

Mason decided to simplify it for her. "Gehenna Gate. Fighting Iblis. Illuminati. Government."

"Wha-"

Haruki then explained further, "We're fighting Iblis, who is building a Gehenna Gate, Rin and I are with the Illuminati, and those four are from the Government."

"Alright. Good enough." Shura nodded and took out her sword.

"Rin. Are you okay?" Mason grabbed his hand and wiped some of the blood coming from his ears. "Your ears are bleeding."

"I'm fine Mase."

Shima's eyes turned gold and he looked at Rin. "No you're not little brother. Here." He handed Rin a bottle of something, "You released your power outside of Gehenna, now you are in a vortex of energy from my homeworld and it is making you sick."

Rin downed the bottle and threw it to the side. "I'm fine. Now, can we please stop Iblis."

"Right." Shima-fer said looking over at his younger sibling. "What do you want to do?"

Rin nodded, "Alright. We need to deal with the lesser known demons first. That should be simple, leave Iblis to Luci and I."

The group nodded, Shura smirked realizing that Rin was better off here than at the Academy. "Let's do this."

---

Shura had her back against Haruki's, both of them working their way through a flock of hobgoblins. While on the other side of the battle field the twins, Natsuki and Daisuke, were using their abilities against ghouls. "How are ghouls here? I thought they were kin of Astaroth." Daisuke asked his sister.

"I don't care Dai." She jumped onto a platform made of shadows, "Right now, all we need to do is kill them."

Izumo and Mason were both taking down stragglers that tried to either run from or join the fight. While Rin and Lucifer were facing off against the Demon King of Fire.

"Brothers." Iblis sneered as the three children of Satan stared at each other. "Daddy isn't here to stop our fight."

"That's kind of the point."

All three of them got ready for a fight. Iblis's hair flew into the sky and transformed into fire as their nails grew into claws. Shima-fer's hair turned two toned once again, the right side of his body being controlled by Shima's black flames and the left controlled by Lucifer's power over light. Rin's navy blue hair turned a stark white and a flaming blue orb emerged from his sternum. His blue fire solidified into a spear-like sword in his right hand.

"Lucifer NOW!" Rin jumped towards Iblis, his sword pointed towards the fire king's neck. Lucifer and Shima combined their powers and created a ring of golden fire around, the two of them to protect the other teammates and the park around them.

"Nice try, little brother." Iblis pushed Rin aside with a wall of flames. Rin landed on the grass and his right forearm twitched in pain from the burns.

"Rin!" Shima-fer and Mason both yelled at the same time. Mason tried to run towards his lover but Shima-fer stopped him.

"You can't. A human can't go past the flames."

Rin started to stand shakily and then Iblis jumped him. They continued the song and dance of fighting for many minutes until Iblis stabbed Rin in the leg with a spear made of solidified fire.

Rin screamed in pain as the blade went through his tibia. Iblis laughed at their younger brother's despair. And the screams of the Strike Team, "Lucifer you have to do something!" Mason screamed, tears streaming down his face.

"I can't. If Shima uses his flames at this point he'll die, if I use my full power then everyone in the surrounding area will die!" Mason wasn't the only one crying.

Iblis walked towards the unfinished Gehenna Gate, "Only one piece left, and then Father can take over Assiah!"

"...no." Rin whispered, blood escaping his mouth and dripping down his chin.

"Oh? Still alive are we, Little Brother?" Iblis stared at the white haired nepilihim. "It's no use anymore."

"No." Rin grabbed the spear and started to pull it out of his leg, his flames cauterizing the wound as he did so. Rin should have been down for the count, though the only thing on his mind was adrenaline. Though, so were the thoughts of everyone he cared about, everything he's worked for.

'This boy is my son!'

'You exist in the world of Assiah, and yet you bear the blood of the god of Gehenna!'

'Shiro didn't raise you to be a weapon.'

'Why did you come up with this ridiculous idea of becoming an Exorcist? Revenge?'

'Use your strength for someone else, for kinder things. I want you to become a cool guy with lots of friends.'

'No matter when you were born, I'm happy you're here!'

"I may be the son of Satan. I may be your little brother. But... no." Rin started to stand, he winced. "You can't make a Gehenna Gate."

"Yes. I can, you idoitic boy."

"You can't make one without me. The only person strong enough to make one is Satan, himself." Rin walked towards his older brother. "You can't form two gates."

"What do you mean by two gates?!" Iblis sneered.

"Satan already created a gate." Rin smirked. Iblis's eyes widened as Rin extended his arms around Iblis's head, towards the unfinished gate. "He created me, and Yukio. Though, like I said: There can only be one gate at a time."

Iblis pushed Rin to the ground once again. Rin started to get back up and continued talking. "I am a nephilim. I am the balance. Yes, I am a child of Satan, but my mother was named Yuri Egin, and she was a human through and through."

"What are you getting at boy."

"I am the gate." Rin started to laugh, "The gate behind you was created from my power. Satan didn't want another kid out of spite, he wanted a child that was the balance between Gehenna and Assiah."

Rin extended his hand towards the gate and blue sparks of light escaped the gate and went towards the nephilim. His fire glowed brighter as the gate started to crumble into dust.

Iblis looked around frantically, they tried to escape the circle of flames though Lucifer made sure that his little brother wouldn't be able to escape.

Rin's body started to lift off of the ground as waves of energy started to form around him.

He pushed the wave of power towards his older brother, and Iblis disappeared.

The glow around Rin's body started to fade and the teenager fell to the ground, barely holding onto consciousness. The circle of flames disappeared and the group of people ran straight for Rin.

Mason sat on the ground next to him and cradled Rin's head in his lap, "Hey Dante. You did it."

Haruki looked around where Iblis was last, "What exactly did you do?"

Rin coughed and a little blood escaped his mouth. "I... sent him back..." Rin's head fell towards Mason's chest as he lost consciousness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 1K 12
this is my first attempt for making Rin Okamura and Ryuji Suguro (Bon) fiction. there's gonna be mature content, but mostly love and all well back t...
2.4K 54 17
[CONCLUDED] Inside the class there was the same confusion of always, Rin and Bon were fighting over something stupid, Shima and Konekomaru were tryin...
3.2K 23 7
π™²π™»π™Ύπš‚π™΄π™³ πšπšŽπš πšŠπšπšŒπš‘πšŽπš π™±πš•πšžπšŽ πšŽπš‘πš˜πš›πšŒπš’πšœπš πšŠπš—πš πš πšŠπš—πšπšŽπš 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 πšπš‘πš’πšœ 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚘𝚘
166K 5.6K 32
A blue exorcist fanfic I do not own The enemy of my enemy is my friend... Right? What happens when a simple exorcist training mission goes wrong? Y...