Why we run

By michy_addo

***This book does have a prequel. It's called "I can see you." You do not need to read that book to read this... More

You even smell like her
I am a fighter
Uncle Lamar
I am Isabella Jackson
Not the headlines!
The media
Truth spills
The ground-rules
Sickled
Ladders
Easterbrook Mafia
Family and I don't mix.
Security
Meet the Easterbrooks prt.1
Swimming with the fishes
The mind of Carlos
Meet the Easterbrooks prt 2
Parties and princesses
Party girl
Substances... stay away
The Isabella Jackson, they want to see
We
Tatt and oos
Foceful liars
!HOLA¡ Argentina
Family reunion 2
Family reunion 3
This is my life now
Why we run
Create change
Place
Fulfilling dreams
Team Jozzy agreements and family feuds
Heart and soul
Calm-ish before the storm
It's on
Winner
Epilogue
Bonus: Vacation
Bonus: vacation prt 2

Family reunion 1

53 1 0
By michy_addo

(A/N: so I was bored... and wanted to put my vision on a canvas. Lola had red version on that white dress Izzy wore to Valerie's party. I think it would look something like... this

The way I contemplated this outfit while drawing it 🤣🤣 anyways anyways... to the chapter!)

Family Reunion 1

I tried talking to Joey about us yesterday and he blew me off and left.

It's four in the morning. Apparently, Liv let me sleep in.

There are about fifty people on the Easterbrook property. Why are these people awake!

Olivia and Lola turned me into a testing dummy. I don't know why this is needed. They made me soak in the tub for half an hour. Now I smell like artificial roses and berries. They waxed my eyebrows, it hurt like a... needle.

They put me in a silk robe and took two hours to twist my hair into single braids. They work fast considering how long they braided it. The twists went down to my butt.

I am not a fan of long hair. I'll have to deal with it.

They would practically carry me room to room. I wasn't allowed to see no one. No one was allowed to see me.

What kind of family reunion is this?

"Okay, so this year's theme is red, white and black. I already know the majority of the women are wearing white and the men don't know how to dress so that's not important. But you, I think you already know what I'm putting you in." Lola says.

Oh gosh, "Lola that dress is crimson, and don't you think it's a bit much for a reunion?"

Olivia laughs, "honey you haven't met the middle-aged women, they dress worse than we do."

I groan. I'm not going to win any fights today.

"Give me the damn dress." I roll my eyes. I put it on and I put the robe on top just as Lola begins my makeup.

I don't know what she's doing but I'm terrified. Olivia purposely turned me away from all reflective surfaces.

An hour later and I get to see my face. "Lola I don't know who that is but that's not me."

She places her hands on my shoulders, "do you like it?"

"I love it but don't you think red lipstick is a bit much?"

"I don't think it's enough Izzy." She laughs.

Lo gave me a full glam look with faded red eyeshadow, red lipstick. Long lashes. With a touch of highlight.

"One last thing." I turn around and she's holding a box.

"What is it?" I ask her.

She pulls out red heels. My eyes widen.

"Nu-uh I am not wearing those. I have a nice pair of Jordan 1 mid-Chicago black toes in my suitcase calling my name."

"Izzy you are not wearing sneakers. What's wrong with heels?" She asks.

I lower my voice, "I've never worn heels before."

She tilts her head to the side giving me a questionable look. "Never?"

I shake my head side to side.

"What's your shoe size?"

"7 ish... oh wait it's not the same... 38 I think?"

Lola enters her closet and pulls a box from the shelf.

"This belonged to my mom... I want you to have it."

She pulls out a pair of red lace-up block heeled sandals.

She used past tense..."Lola, what happened to your mom?"

"Both my parents actually, they passed in a car accident when I was young. My dad was Elena's older brother. She took me in so my Abuela didn't have to worry."

I look her dead in the eyes and say, "Lo I can't wear those shoes."

Someone walks into the room and Lola stands directly in front of me.

"Joey get out." She tells him.

"Liv said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Not now. Now leave."

He ignores her, "hi princess."

I start laughing because I know that this is irritating Lo.

But I have a question for Joey, "Joey what shoes are you wearing today?"

"Jordans. Why?"

I gasp, "why is he allowed to wear Jordans!"

"I thought we already talked about how men can't dress." Lola snickers.

"I think I'm going to leave because I get attacked for no reason." And I hear his footsteps trail away.

Lola turns to face me and I speak up, "they are your mother's shoes, don't you want them."

"My feet are too big for them and Liv won't touch them. They sit on a shelf. These are perfect for you. It would make me very happy to see you wear them, just for today." She gives me pleading eyes.

I break, "fine I'll wear them." I take the shoes.

I put them on and stand. "Nope, I don't like this Lo."

"Izzy they are barely three and a half inches high."

"Three inches too high!" I exaggerate.

Lola starts screaming in Spanish and two seconds later Liv and Joey are in here. Joey is blindfolded for reasons I don't know of.

More Spanish gets tossed around and both Liv and Lola leave.

"So the princess can't walk in heels?" Joey mocks me.

"You are blindfolded and I think you are enjoying this too much." I snarl at him.

"Looks like I touched a nerve, but what happened to your core stronger than mine. Even I can walk in heels."

"Why can you walk in heels?" I'm trying so hard to laugh.

"Because I grew up with three monsters named Olivia, Lola, and Valerie."

"They aren't monsters, not even Valerie," I admit.

"Val is crazy are you insane?"

I genuinely laugh, "Joey you already know that I'm insane."

"Pft whatever, you are a different type of insane. Just stand up straight and find your centre." He instructs me.

"Then lift one foot and maintain that balance."

I wobble a bit but I do find my balance.

"Now put your foot down and forward like you are preparing to walk. Your weight should be on that left heel. Yes, I've realized that you are a lefty."

I chuckle softly.

"Now just rock back and forth shifting your weight foot to foot... just like this." He demonstrates it.

I do the same and you can hear the shoes tapping against the hardwood floor.

I think I got it. I take a couple of steps then I walk up to him. I do wobble a bit.

"I sense you near me, boop." He pokes my abs.

"Joey you are such an idiot."

"You're an idiot too." He says

I shake my head, "at least you admitted that you're an idiot." I tap his checks. And walk away.

I enter Liv's room, "why couldn't either of you guys do what he did?"

"Because you actually listen to him."

I... I can't argue with that.

"Izzy put these on and you can relax."

Liv gives me a small bag. I pull out two giant hoop earrings and a tiny box. I open it up and it's a tiny gold medal. It has 'why we run' inscribed on it. It's a necklace.

"Where did you guys get this from?" I ask them.

"Joey is too scared to give it to you. He says you're intimidating." Olivia chimes.

I scoff, "Joey tells me almost every day that he's not scared of me, how am I intimidating?"

"He was freaking out after the photoshoot... he came to talk to me and he told me what happened."

Lola joins the conversation, "Izzy what happened?"

Ummmm.... "nothing happened."

Liv spills the truth, "he made her dance and he kissed her."

"Again!" Lola exclaims.

"What do you mean again? She kissed him the first time." Liv questions.

This isn't going to end well for anyone so I begin to slowly move towards the door.

"Izzy, where do you think you're going?"

Dammit.

"Okay, Liv... the first time was on the same day you caught us... but he did it after we danced to Te Amo..."

"What's with you two always dancing, aren't you track athletes?"

"Can we stop talking about this?" How are they so chill about this?

As Liv finishes Lola's hair she turns to me and helps me put on the necklace.

"Izzy, my brother falls fast, don't hurt him."

Joey and I have yet to talk about us.

We are being childish.

Why can't we go back to when we had ground rules and we told each other not to fall for one another?

Hey y'all the whole reason Izzy and Joey are in Argentina is finally here!

The family reunion is split into three chapters.

I really like them I hope you do too...

Until tomorrow ✌🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421 18 22
This is a completed story:). What's Going on? Two characters are going through two different lives on practically the other side of the world! One is...
65.1K 1.1K 9
**DO NOT READ, IT'S ABSOLUTE SHIT. YOUR I.Q. WILL PROBABLY DROP DRASTICALLY IF YOU READ THIS. I WAS A STUPID, DENSE CHILD WHEN I WROTE THIS. PLEASE...
440K 15.2K 75
[Warning: this book contains SEXUAL content, crude language, drug use & abusive scenarios. If you aren't mature enough to read, don't.] First novel...
11.2K 1.3K 87
A tough-love story, built by insecurities, gets stronger and more passionate in the midst of the ocean. Two different hearts, two different lives, b...