Lily Potter and the Sorcerer'...

By StarLioness101

You've heard of Harry Potter, right? If not then this story isn't for you, muggles. If you have then you shou... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Lily Potter and the Zoo Trip
Chapter 2: Letters and a Giant Man
Chapter 3: Shopping Trip
Chapter 4: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 5: Sorting Hat Feast
Chapter 6: Cats, Potions, and Mail
Chapter 7: Flying 101 and Gryffindor Seeker
Chapter 8: Flying Feathers and Halloween Trolls
Chapter 10: Christmas Time is Near
Chapter 11: Christmas
Chapter 12: Books, Dragons, and Detention
Chapter 13: Music, Vines, Keys, Chess, and You-Know-Who
Chapter 14: End of the Year
Hello!!
A/N-Stress
A/N
Important Announcement
Important Announcement #2

Chapter 9: Quidditch Game One

158 2 5
By StarLioness101

Chapter 9: Quidditch Game One

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

I feel like I'm dying from how nervous I am. It's the first Quidditch game of the year and my first game in general.
Both Harry and I were picking at our food. I couldn't really eat anything.

"Take a bit of toast at least. Go on." Ron says.

"Ron's right, you two. You'll need your strength today." Hermione says.

"I won't be able to keep it down..." I say.

"And I'm not hungry," Harry says.

"Good luck today, Potters. A game of Quidditch should be easy work for you after an encounter with a mountain troll. Even if it is against Slytherin." Snape says from behind us and we look at him.
"Oh, and good work on your Potions paper, Miss Potter. Excellent as always."

He walks away from us with a limp.

"That explains the blood." Harry mumbles.

"What blood?" I ask him.

"Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion... So he could try and get past the three-headed dog, but he got himself bitten. That's why he's limping." Harry says.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asks.

"The day we were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults," Harry says.

"He said it was Hogwarts business and very secret." I add.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry says.

I hear screeching and look up to see a bright red owl carrying a long package.

"Blaze?" I say, standing up slightly. He flies over and drops the package into my hands. I set the package down carefully.

Just a bit later, Hedwig comes in and does the same thing for Harry.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asks.

"We never get any mail though." I say and start opening the package. Harry does the same thing. We take the wrapping off.

"Two broomsticks." Harry says.

"Those aren't just broomsticks!" Ron says.

"Nimbus 2000s!" I say excitedly as I slid my hand over mine with a wide smile.

"But who..." I trail off as I see Blaze and Hedwig being pet by Professor McGonagall. She smiles at me and I smile back.

I see Oliver, Fred, and George gawking at my broomstick and I smile even more.

☇≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁☇

Okay, all that happiness I felt is gone. Now I am very much afraid. I'm in the Gryffindor Quidditch Team hut as the game is about to start.

Harry and Oliver are in front of me and the Weasley twins are behind me as I stand in the middle of the four of them.

I hold my Nimbus 2000 in hand and tug on my Quidditch uniform. The number on the back of my jersey is 08, which is my lucky number, and my red hair is pulled into a ponytail so it's out of my face.

I take a deep breath in and let it out.

"Scared Harry?" Oliver asks.

"A little," Harry says.

"Lily?" He looks back at me.

"Definitely...." I say as I grip my broom tighter.

"Don't worry, Lil! We'll keep the Bludgers away from you no matter what!" Fred says as he swings his arm over my shoulders.

"Yeah! Besides, you weren't the only one who was nervous their first game, ay Wood?" George wiggles his eyebrows at Oliver as George puts an arm on my head.

"Yeah I know. I was very nervous my first game too." Oliver says.

"What happened?" Harry asks.

"I uh... I don't really remember. I took a Bludger to the head two minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later." Oliver says and I gulp as I start shaking a bit.

"Hey, don't worry. We got your back, alright?" Fred says and he looks at me with a smile. I smile slightly and nod.

"Alright." I say, calming down slightly.

"Hey, how about if we win this, I get a reward?" Fred says with a smirk.

"A reward? Seriously?" I say, raising an eyebrow. Fred nods and I just smirk, playing along.

"Alright fine. If we win, I'll give you a kiss on the cheek. We lose, you get nothing and have to get me chocolate." I say and stick my tongue out at him before the door opens, sunlight blinding me a bit.

I can hear the cheers from the crowd. Oliver mounts his broom and everyone follows his lead.

We fly onto the field and everyone cheers except for the Slytherin house. We fly around the field a bit before I go to my position.

"Hello! Welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season." I hear Lee announce from the teachers stand. "Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor!"

Slytherin's team flies out onto the field and fly around like we did as well. I look to see Hagrid standing near Ron and Hermione as everyone in the Gryffindor stands cheers.

The Slytherin Seeker flies up in front of me as everyone gets in their position. He glares at me then smirks. I ignore him and look down at the ground as Madame Hooch walks toward the chest filled with the balls.

"The players take their positions as Madame Hooch steps onto the field to begin the game!" Lee says excitedly.

"Now I want a nice, clean game... from all of you." Madame Hooch says as she looks at us but mainly at Slytherin.
She kicks the chest and the Bludgers fly into the air as well as the Golden Snitch.

"The Bludgers are up, followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember the Snitch is worth 150 points. The Seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game." Lee says as the Snitch flies around my head then the Slytherin's Seeker's head before flying off.

Madame Hooch grabs the Quaffle and throws it in the air.

"The Quaffle is released and the game begins!" Lee says as a Gryffindor Chaser grabs the Quaffle and takes off. I stay above everyone else to stay out of their way as I search for the Snitch.

"Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points to Gryffindor!" Lee shouts and people cheer.

"Yes!" I yell as a Bludger goes past me head. "Whoa!"

I hold onto my broom more and watch as we score another 10 points. I watch as the Slytherin's team captain, Marcus Flint, grabs a Beater's bat and hits a Bludger toward Wood.

"Wood, watch out!" I yell but it was too late. The Bludger hits Wood and he falls to the ground. Slytherin scores twice and earns 20 points.

I keep watch out for the Snitch. I see Harry's broom start to go crazy.

"Harry!" I yell.

"Lil! Is your broom okay?" Fred asks as he flies near me.

"Yeah but what about Harry?!" I ask as I watch it go crazy. It stops doing weird moves then my broom jerks.

"Whoa!" I yell as it starts to jerk around like Harry's did.

"Lily!" Fred yells. It keeps jerking around and flips me over causing me to fall off. I quickly grab the broom with one hand and hold on as the people in the crowd gasp.

I grab the broom with my other hand and it jerks more to try and get me off. I feel the broom stop jerking.
Fred flies closer to me.

"I got it, Fred! Focus on the Bludgers!" I tell him and swing my body back onto the broom.

Cheers erupt from the crowd as I begin to chase the Snitch.

"Go Lily, go!" I hear the twins yell after me.

"Look at Lily Potter go! That's one of my best friends!" I hear Lee shout into the microphone.

I fly up next to the Slytherin Seeker and he tries to push me away but I stay close as I keep my eyes on the Snitch.

The Snitch dives and we dive after it. We get closer and closer to the ground but the Slytherin Seeker chickens out.

I wait until the last moment to pull my broom up but I'm still close to the ground. I shakily stand up on my broom and balance myself.

I reach out for the Snitch as my broom continues to fly. I take a step further but topple forward and land harshly on the ground.

"Ack!" I yell before something enters my mouth.

"Lily! You alright?!" I hear George yell from his broom. I stand up and hold my stomach, like I'm gonna be sick. I hold out my hand and the Snitch lands in it from my mouth.

"She's got the Snitch! Lily Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!" Lee says excitedly as Madame Hooch blows her whistle.

"Gryffindor wins!" She says and cheers erupt from the crowd as the Slytherins boo. Fred and George land on the ground and run toward me, dropping their brooms.

They hug me tightly before lifting me on top of their shoulders. I laugh and hold up the Snitch for everyone to see as they cheer. The rest of the Gryffindor team claps as they scream with joy.

☇≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁☇

Later that night after the game, I walk into the common room after getting my cheek looked at by Madame Pomfrey.

I apparently got a cut on it when I tumbled to the ground. No one else was in the Common Room except for the twins.

"Hey you two," I say, walking over to them.

"Hey Lil!" Fred says with a smile.

"Good job today during the match!" George says as he ruffles my hair.

"Thanks," I say with a laugh.

"We were just staying up to make sure you got back okay." Fred says.

"Yeah, now I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow!" George says before running off to the boys' dorm.

I giggle and look at Fred who is still sitting on the couch.

"You're not going with him?" I ask.

He smirks a bit before standing up. Why does he have to be taller than me?! I swear he's a foot or so taller than me!

"I believe we made a little deal before the game started." Fred says and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Oh yeah. We did, didn't we?" I say with a small blush.

"Well then, Mister Weasley. Here's your reward." I stand on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek before heading to the dorm.

"Night, Fred!" I say before walking in my dorm room.

🎉🃏Fred's POV🃏🎉

"Well then Mister Weasley. Here's your reward." Lily says as she stands on her tiptoes.

I feel her soft lips touch my cheek before she heads to her dorm.

"Night, Fred!" she says before she walks into her dorm room.

I feel my face grow hot and I smile like a dork before putting my hand on the cheek she kissed.

It's official...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I, Fred Weasley, have a crush on Lily Potter.

A/N- {Hope you enjoyed yet another chapter, Magical Beings! See you next time!!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 115 8
Evy and Ardeth were not an unlikely pair, but it was safe to say it was written in the stars by her sister Josephine. Evy knows there are things her...
12K 348 12
---------❣️--------- She was the one that watched it all She was the one who knew the truth She was the one that stood up for the humans She was the...
32.3K 878 16
Book 1 of the 'Everything I Need' Trilogy An Aquaman AU where Atlanna and Tom have a little girl, Aurelia, Orvax is alive and is current King of Atla...
14.8K 813 115
To save middle Earth the One Ring must be destroyed. A fellowship is formed, a war rises through all Middle Earth, and the gods decided to throw Xena...