Lily Potter and the Sorcerer'...

By StarLioness101

You've heard of Harry Potter, right? If not then this story isn't for you, muggles. If you have then you shou... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: Lily Potter and the Zoo Trip
Chapter 2: Letters and a Giant Man
Chapter 3: Shopping Trip
Chapter 4: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 5: Sorting Hat Feast
Chapter 7: Flying 101 and Gryffindor Seeker
Chapter 8: Flying Feathers and Halloween Trolls
Chapter 9: Quidditch Game One
Chapter 10: Christmas Time is Near
Chapter 11: Christmas
Chapter 12: Books, Dragons, and Detention
Chapter 13: Music, Vines, Keys, Chess, and You-Know-Who
Chapter 14: End of the Year
Hello!!
A/N-Stress
A/N
Important Announcement
Important Announcement #2

Chapter 6: Cats, Potions, and Mail

312 8 1
By StarLioness101

Chapter 6: Cats, Potions, and Mail

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

First day at school and I'm the first one in class. Hermione comes in right behind me and we find our way to the front of the class.

More students come in and we begin to take notes. I don't see Harry or Ron anywhere in the classroom.

The doors to the class open and I turn to see Harry and Ron walk in.

I sigh and go back to my note-taking. The boys walk in and head to the front of the room.

"Made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron says.

The cat on the desk jumps off and turns into Professor McGonagall and she walks up to the boys.

"That was bloody brilliant," Ron says and I put my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from laughing.

"Thank you Mister Weasley. Perhaps it would be better if I transfigured Mister Potter or yourself into a pocket watch. That way one of you might be on time." McGonagall says.

"We got lost." Harry says.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seat," McGonagall says and walks back to her desk as Harry and Ron sit down.

☇≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁☇

I sit next to Harry in our Potions class as we wait for our teacher to come. Professor Snape bursts into the classroom, walking quickly.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few...." Snape says as he looks at Draco, then at me.
"Who possesses the predisposition. I can teach you to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper on death."

I smile, getting even more excited for this class. Snape gives me a small smile before glaring at Harry.

"Then again... maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention."

I look at Harry who was writing down what Snape was saying before. I elbow him, causing him to stop and look up at Snape, putting his quill down.

"Mister Potter.... One of our new celebrities. Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape says. Harry shakes his head.

"You don't know? Well let's try again. Where, Mister Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape asks.

"I don't know, sir." Harry says.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know, sir." Harry says again.

"Pity... Clearly, fame isn't everything... is it, Mister Potter?" Snape says and I raise my hand.

"Yes, Miss Potter?" Snape says.

"Might I answer those questions?" I ask, putting down my hand.

"I'm... listening," Snape says as he raises an eyebrow.

"Asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful that it is known as the Draft of the Living Dead. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it can save you from most poisons. As for Monkshood and Wolfsbane, there is no difference. They are the same plant which also goes by the name of Aconite." I say.

Everyone in the class seems stunned by the little rant I just did.

"Correct. How did you know this while your so-called twin did not?" Snape asks.

"I read the book twice already." I say and he looks at me, impressed, then glares at the rest of the class.

"Well... why aren't the rest of you copying this down?" Snape says and everyone grabs their quills and begins to hectically write down what I said.

I feel someone staring at me and I look to see Draco staring. He glares at me then gives an impressed smirk.

'Did I see that correctly?'

Snape walks back to his desk. "And Gryffindors... 10 points will be awarded to your house for Miss Potter answering correctly. I suggest you follow her example if you wish to pass my class." Snape says, shocking everyone.

☇≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁≁☇

It was break time where students could study and get a small bite to eat. I sit between Neville and Lee and across from Fred.

"How's your day gone so far, Lily?" Lee asks me, causing Fred to look up at me as well.

"Great, actually! Transfiguration was a great class until Harry and Ron were late and got in a bit of trouble. Potions was great too. I got Gryffindor 10 points in that class!" I say with a smile.

Fred, Lee, and a few others look at me in confusion.

"You got points from Snape?" Lee asks in surprise.

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"Snape never gives points to first years, let alone Gryffindors. He hates us." Fred says.

"He doesn't hate me it seems." I say with a shrug.

"Speaking of potions, Lily, can you repeat what you said in class? I couldn't get it all down." Dean Thomas asks.

"Sure! Asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful that it is known as the Draft of the Living Dead. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it can save you from most poisons. As for Monkshood and Wolfsbane, they are the same plant which also goes by the name of Aconite." I say, remembering it from class.

Dean quickly writes it down and Fred and Lee look at me in shock.

"No wonder she got points. That's a handful to remember." Lee says.

"Well done, Lily!" Fred says with a smile and I blush a bit.

A flash of light and a puff of smoke comes from the goblet of water Seamus was trying to turn to rum.
Seamus has soot all over his face.

I grab a napkin and put it in some water. I hand the damp napkin to Seamus.

"Maybe you should take a break, Seamus. That's the third time something has exploded in your face today." I say as he takes it.

"I think you're right, Lily. I just can't do the spell." He says as he starts to wipe off his face.

"Let me have a look," I say and he hands me the book he was looking at.
I take a goblet of water and ready my wand as I look at the spell.

"Eye of rabbit, halfering hum, turn this water into rum." I say in a clear calm voice as I wave my wand.
The water turns a different color and everyone at the table looks at me in surprise or with a proud look.

"You're an amazing witch Lily!" Neville says next to me.

"Thanks, Neville." I say with a giggle. Soon I hear screeches as owls start to swarm the hall.

"Mail's here!" Ron says.

Owls start dropping everyone's mail to them. Neville opens a box and pulls out a small ball.

"Hey look. Neville's got a remembrall." Dean says.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something." Hermione says as the smoke turns red.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Neville says and Lee gives him a weird look.

"Perhaps the common room password?" I suggest and Neville's face turns to one of realization.

"Oh no..." He says and the people around us laugh.

I lean over and whisper the password in his ear and the smoke goes away. He gives a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Lily. You're a real lifesaver." He says looking at me.

"What are friends for, Neville?" I say with a smile and get back to work. 

A/N- {I realized that I never updated this story on July 31st which is one of the Saturdays I have set for updating this. So you guys get a double update! Hope you enjoy! Bye now!!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 115 8
Evy and Ardeth were not an unlikely pair, but it was safe to say it was written in the stars by her sister Josephine. Evy knows there are things her...
18.2K 598 17
Book 2 of the 'Everything I Need' Trilogy. After learning the truth about her connections to Atlantis and her mother's fate, Aurelia thought she had...
55.1K 1K 94
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
134K 2.8K 20
(Fanfiction) Emily Bruno came to Las Vegas to spend yet another summer with her Uncle Jack. However, when two blonde teenagers appear in their cab...