Love Doesn't Exist || H.S

By adoreeestyles

BOOK 1: She was a twenty one year old, trying to live her dream of managing a café. He was a member of the wo... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
SEQUAL :)

chapter thirty-one

9.7K 158 98
By adoreeestyles

Harry

Emily and I were currently sitting on the couch watching a movie. Well... Emily had fallen asleep and I was too busy admiring her to even bother glancing at the T.V. 

As soon as I saw her in the dressing room, I could tell she hadn't slept very much. She had bags underneath her eyes and she just overall looked tired. I couldn't help but wonder whether it was for the same reason as me.

I hadn't gotten any sleep until last night, when I forced myself to close my eyes so I would be in a good state to perform. But other then last night, I had found it impossible to sleep without Emily with me. Which is stupid because we slept together once

I looked down at Emily as she rested her head in my lap. She had intertwined our hands and her other was resting on my leg while my other sat on her hip.

I turned off the movie that I was never paying attention to in the first place, and picked her up in my arms. She stirred slightly as I began walking up the stairs to my room and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I carefully kicked open my bedroom door, making sure to be as quiet as I could so I didn't wake her up. I then made my way over to my bed and carefully put her down. Without thinking twice I placed a quick kiss against her forehead before I turned to get changed from my jeans.

"Harry?" Emily mumbled as I slipped off my jeans and slid on some sweats. I turned around to see she was reaching out beside her on the bed. 

"I'm here" I whispered as I took my top off before sliding into bed. Before I could do anything, Emily instantly scurried across the bed, resting her head against my bare chest and snaking her arms around my torso. I pulled the doona over the two of us before wrapping my arms around her small frame, absentmindedly tracing small patterns on her hip with my thumb. Emily let out a quiet hum in her sleep and it wasn't long before I felt myself drifting off.

Emily

It was the ringing of my phone that woke me up. I felt warmer then usual, but I was comfortable. Annoyed that I would have to answer it, I slowly opened my eyes, my vision blurry. I reached across my bed for my phone, except my hand didn't find my phone. Instead it hit something hard. I retreated my hand as I heard a grunt. I looked up to see I'd hit Harry's face and before I could even comprehend anything, Harry let out a small groan and tightened his arms around my waist.

I was beyond confused before I began backtracking, trying to remember what happened. I remembered watching a movie with Harry, but only getting 10 minutes in because I fell asleep. But I feel asleep on his couch? So Harry carried me up here? And then we slept together... like this?

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face from the thought of Harry carrying me up here to sleep with him. I snuggled in closer to him, resting my cheek against his warm and bare chest, tracing my fingers over the sparrows on his chest. 

It was only when there was another ring that I remembered the reason I got woken up in the first place. But it wasn't my ringtone, meaning it must be Harry's.

"Harry" I said quietly as the phone continued to ring. "Harry your phone is ringing" I shook him slightly, earning another grunt from him in return as he grabbed my hand to stop me shaking him and intertwined it in his own. 

Once again, another smile crept onto my lips, but the phone continued to ring. I groaned, wishing whoever was calling would give up.

"Harry, you're phone is ringing. You need to wake up" This time I said it louder and Harry's eyes finally opened, although very slowly.

He looked down to me and a smile crept onto his lips. 

"And what is it that I can do for you so early in the morning" Harry's voice was raspy and low from having just woken up.

"You're phone" I pointed over to his side table where his phone continued to ring for the third time since I'd woken up. Harry groaned but reached over to grab it anyway as I kept my head on his warm chest and returned my attention back to the sparrows.

"It's Molly" I looked back up to Harry confusedly to see he was frowning at his phone. As soon as he clicked answer, the sound of shouting was heard, and even though it wasn't on speaker, I could still hear what she was saying very clearly because of how loud she was screaming.

"HARRY STYLES!" Harry instantly pulled the phone from his ear in pain, while Molly continued to scream. "WHERE THE HELL IS EMILY?! SHE'S NOT PICKING UP OR ANSWERING MY TEXTS! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU'VE FUCKED UP AGAIN YOU WILL NOT LIVE ANOTHER DAY TO SEE HER-" I grabbed the phone from Harry's hand who was still rubbing his ear in pain.

"Molly I'm fine. I'm here with Harry" Molly stopped screaming and her tone of voice instantly changed to worry.

"What has he done now? Do you need me to come over? I meant what I said about him not living another day. I can bring a knife. Fuck he probably has plenty himself. MATCHES! Yes I can bring matches and-"

"MOLLY!" I sat up from my comfortable position on Harry and he did the same. He looked at the phone and let out a groan before dramatically letting himself fall back onto the mattress. I could still hear Molly talking, but it was only coming through as muffles. "Molly?"

"No it's Niall now. I took her phone from her, she's literally about to explode" Niall said. "But you're fine right? Harry hasn't done anything again?"

"Yes I'm fine" I chuckled at how protective Molly and Niall were being. 

"Alright well I'll leave you two then. Also- no Molly just wait- there will be- yes she's fine- there'll be heaps of calls and- Molly would you stop talking for a second-" I began laughing as I imagined how worked up Molly would be right now, and how much Niall would have to do to calm her down. "There'll be heaps of calls and messages on your phone don't bother reading them" Niall rushed out before he ended the call, most likely to calm Molly down.

I put Harry's phone back down beside me and Harry instantly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back into his chest.

"That was not how I was expecting to be woken up" He said, his voice still tinged with the admittedly sexy morning rasp. I chuckled into Harry's chest before he placed a kiss on my forehead. "What are we going to do today?"

"Today?" I asked as I looked up to him, resting my chin on his chest.

"Yeah, today"

"I have to go back home because I don't have an outfit for the party on Friday" I told him. Harry frowned down at me.

"But you brought an outfit with you didn't you?" Harry asked me.

"Yes but not an outfit suitable for a party. I can't just show up in jeans and a hoodie. You said it's a party. Everyone's going to be-"

"Em no ones going to care what you're wearing. Everyone there's just going to be in jeans anyway" Harry chuckled.

"But not jeans and an overly sized plain grey hoodie that usually gets worn every day. I want to look presentable and pre-"

"Don't even finish that sentence. You always look pretty" Harry said, causing my cheeks to heat up. He looked down at me with a pout. "So you want to go back home today?"

"I don't want to. I can go back tomorrow and then come back for the party the next day. But I can't wear what I brought" I sighed. I didn't even want to think about how much I was going to spend on a flight Ireland, a flight back here and then a flight back to Ireland again.

"I'll buy you another outfit then. It'll be a whole lot cheaper then you having to fly there and back anyway. And plus, you'll be getting a new outfit out of it anyway" Harry reasoned. He had a very valid point and it was much more cost efficient then having to buy three plane tickets rather then one.

"True. But I'm paying alright" It wasn't a question, but rather a statement.

"So you're staying?" Harry replied excitedly, ignoring what I just said.

"Yes" Harry instantly shot up onto his knees on the bed before looking back down at me. He hovered himself over me, elbows either side of my head and began peppering my face with sweet kisses. "You've changed" I chuckled.

"What" Harry lifted his lips from my cheek to look at me.

"Well considering yesterday you would have run away like an eight year old girl after you kissed me... you've changed"

"Shut up" Harry mumbled before placing one last kiss on my lips and then looking at me with a shit-eating grin.

"What?" Harry didn't reply but instead got up from his bed and began walking away. I sat up quickly and watched confusedly.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously as he made it to the door. He looked back at me, his shit-eating grin still plastered on his lips.

"Pancakes, duh" I chuckled and got up, following him out of the room.

Soft Harry is cute. You'll probably be getting a lot more of soft Harry now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.3K 44
Laney is a 17 year old girl who now lives with her abusive, insensitive stepmom because of a car accident that took her parent's lives. It was a norm...
168K 2.9K 200
*MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FIRST BOOK* Who knew him liking a photo meant a future together?
50.8K 386 49
Gabby is a junior high school student in Atlanta. She had a vacation in London with her family which lead her to knowing Harry and his 1 direction f...
Us By Leona Riley

Short Story

26 0 26
A teenage girl meets a really hot guy who ends up to be her best friend's cousin and they live happily ever after. But what if it isn't as happy as i...