How'd You Get This Number? (O...

By my_favorite_natasha

15-year-old Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man (but no one knows that yet), finally tries to tell MJ he likes her... More

Intro
The Beginning...
Sticky Notes and Awkward Confessions
Getting to Know Each Other
Meeting the Fam
Ouch
Bored
The Test
The Test Pt. 2
The Field Trip
The Field Trip Pt. 2
Are You Winning, Son?
A Few Adjustments
*insert clever title*
The Internship
Get a Load of This Guy
The Plan
Shawarma
Visitor Part 1
Visitor Part 2
Einstein
Struggles
Worry

Pick-up

6.5K 258 172
By my_favorite_natasha

***Trigger Warning - Meanie May***

Peter's POV

Mr. Fe

I think it's time we met

I stopped in my tracks. I mean, I knew this would happen eventually, but why so soon? Why now?

The Kid

Well uh

how are we gonna do that?

You still don't know my name...

Mr. Fe

I'll explain later

Just trust me on this one, kid

I don't know what to even think right now.

The Kid

Alright, I trust you

Mr. Fe

I'll see you in a little bit then

I am so confused. Like more than normal. I kept thinking about it on my way inside the apartment.

**T/W**

As soon as I opened the door, May was right in front of me, glaring with her arms crossed.

"Peter, why are you home so late?" she asked in a soft voice so it would sound normal to our neighbors. She closed the door behind me and looked at me expectantly.

"I- uh I stopped at the library." I didn't expect her to be home, she usually has the night shift on weekdays.

"School lets out at 3:30. It is now 6:04." she paused. "So you mean to tell me that you were at the library for about three hours?"

"I uh.. I like books..." She walked around me in circles, eyeing me suspiciously.

"I can't imagine what books you must be reading that make you all sweaty, your hair messed up, and your clothes all wrinkled." I honestly didn't know what to say. But what kinda conclusions is she jumping to-

My thoughts were cut off by May grabbing my ear and jerking me closer to her face.

"Peter Benjamin Parker, if you are meeting girls at this age, so help me, I will put a tracker on you and you won't be able to move, you'll be hurt so bad." She lowered her voice in a terrifying and threatening manner. "You're lucky I still keep you. Otherwise, you'd be on the streets, sleeping with the rats, because that's exactly what you are... a rat." She pushed me away and looked at me in disgust.

"Get the hanger and the belt." No. Please, no.

"Yes'm." I turned and tears streaked my face as I walked to the coat closet that held the belts and hangers.

Knock Knock Knock

I jumped at the sound of someone knocking on the door.

May groaned quietly. She kept her voice low, "Go in your room." And I scrambled there as fast as I could.

**End T/W**

Tony's POV

Happy pulled up to his apartment, and I stared out the window and looked at the building. It looked decent, at least.

No one else knew about the meeting, except for Pepper. None of the Avengers even knew about Peter somehow losing. They just knew that they were going to meet him today. I specifically instructed them to stay at the tower, or else they would be last to meet him.

I entered the building and greeted the door man. He seemed stunned to see me there, and so I continued.

"What number are the Parkers?"

"Uhm... 38, s-sir." I flashed him my signature press smile and nodded.

"Thank you." I left him a $100 tip. Too shaken to say anything, he just smiled. I entered the elevator and I mentally prepared myself for whatever reaction Peter might have.

>_<

The elevator dinged and I walked down the hallway until I found 38.

I knocked on the door, and I heard some shifting. I waited a few seconds until the door opened to an oddly attractive woman whose eyes widened, then quickly recovered with a smile.

I'm smart enough to know it was fake. There's something off about her that I can't place my finger on, but I eventually ignored the thought.

"Well, this is a surprise! What brings you here?" She asked, seeming a little shocked.

"I'm looking for a Peter Parker?" Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked at me carefully.

"And why is that?"

"I'm here to pick him up for the internship, of course." She frowned.

"We were sent a letter saying that he was declined said internship. He was really devastated."

"It was a mistake in our system. I have no idea why he was sent such a letter, but I can assure you that he is the winner. He won it all with his creativity, intelligence, and personality. We would love to have him at Stark Industries, he is truly inspiring. But uh I'm sure you already knew that. You must be very proud of him." She smiled another fake one. Jeez what is it with this woman.

"Of course I am. Why don't you sit down, I'll call him over." I nodded and sat down on their scratched up sofa. She left to go get Peter, and my knee bounced up and down in the moment of waiting. This was it.

She came back and sat down next to me.

"He'll be here in a moment."

I gotta say, this apartment was pretty below decent. It was nothing like the outside. It had creaky floors, stained ceilings, and cheap furniture. It was later in the evening, and I could hear every siren, fighting couple, howling dog, etc. outside. Those windows did nothing but keep out birds and snow. Peter shouldn't have to live like this. He deserves better.

May started some small talk, which I wasn't in the mood for, but I paid attention nonetheless. It helped me focus on something other than my anxiety for when I meet him.

"May? Who's here-" He stared at me wide-eyed, just like before.

"Mr. Stark! Uhh heh what- wha- what are you- what are you doing here?" He looked happy to see me, maybe even a little relieved as well.

"Well, Mr. Parker, I have come to pick you up for the Stark Internship. We're in business." He then frowned.

"I thought-uh," he swallowed hard. "I thought I didn't q- qualify for it."

"Are you kidding? You impressed everyone there. You were outstanding, kid. I'm still confused as to how you got a rejection letter." I  turned to his aunt. "May I take a look at it?"

"Sorry, I threw it out. Painful reminder, you know" She smiled sympathetically. Peter was frowning, looking down at his shoes.

"I'm sorry that you had to experience such disappointment. It was supposed to be an acceptance letter. I might have to fire someone for doing that." I joked. It was awkward, because it looked like Peter was uncomfortable and his aunt seemed to be glaring at him. Probably to urge him to be polite, like any parent would. I cleared my throat.

"Uh well, I guess we should be going then." They both snapped their heads up.

"Right, o- of course." He stuttered out. He left to go grab a few things.

"His shift ends everyday at 8:30. It's a little late, I know, but my friend Happy will gladly drive him back and forth." I smiled. She nodded, but her jaw was clenched so tightly I thought it was going to break.

"It will be a great experience for him, not to mention it'll look amazing on his college forms. MIT is where I went to school, maybe he could look into that one."

"Oh, I don't think so. We couldn't possibly afford that, and Peter... he tends to be a little... reckless." I frowned. "Maybe a community college would be best." She shrugged.

Um excuse me? No, he can go wherever he wants to go. Only the best for my kid. And he isn't reckless, he's awkward and silly.

"We'll see." I told her as Peter walked back in, ready to go. I stood up.

"Alright, Mr. Parker. Let's go." I smiled and walked him to the door. He tensed, but quickly relaxed as when I held his shoulder.

***sorta t/w***

"Bye, Peter! I larb you!" she yelled to him. He visibly tensed, then shivered.

"I larb you too" His voice cracked.

Something's not right.

**end sorta t/w**

A/N

Um so yeah, what happened yesterday  (if you dont already know, check out my profile) really took a toll on me. I've been really tired and shaky. All day I've just been writing and listening to music. I have my first ever sleepover with the same people from yesterday tomorrow. I've never been to a sleepover before bc my parents are strict but bc its the youth group and its all girls, i can go. im nervous bc im still really freaked out but i have to go. idk what will happen, but i most likely won't have an update tomorrow but idk. I was given a lot of support from you guys and im so so so grateful.

Love you guys! Have an awesome rest of the day/night! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 663 25
Piper Parker has been through a lot in her life. First, the field trip in 7th grade to Oscorp which led to her getting bit by a radioactive spider. T...
476K 15.3K 27
A story about Peter Parker and his abusive aunt, and how Tony Stark shows him how to fight his demons. *** summary; Peter Parker's aunt, May...
53.7K 1.6K 11
Peter Parker as been without a home for as long as he can remember. He starts texting a random number after accidentally getting a number wrong when...
6.7K 224 22
Peter's phone is an old stark model, so he decided to update it a bit. His updates were a success and he was able to use a better working phone that...