HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 26

4.4K 157 6
By Nyanya_Writes

NO ONE'S POV

The door suddenly burst open startling Lucas Moretti from his computer. Lucas frowned when his eyes encountered Silvia standing in the doorway of his office glaring at him. She strolled in with determination and slammed the door hard behind her that the doorframe rattled. Lucas sucked in his breath.

Trouble is here!

Silvia pulled out a chair across his desk and sat down still throwing daggers at him.

"It's been four freaking days and still you didn't contact me!," she snapped at him.

Lucas looked up from his computer with weary eyes. For days , he had hardly slept. Huge bags were evident beneath his eyes.

"I am not in a good mood to listen to your whining. What do you want , Silvia?," he asked in a tired and uninterested voice.

Silvia gasped at his calm response.

"I deserve to hear an explanation, Moretti! Some slutty blondie suddenly showed up uninvited at my  wedding and claimed that my husband to be is hers. What the hell is going on?, " Silvia cried at him.

On hearing Silvia refer to Jane as a slut , Lucas angrily clenched his hands into tight fists  for unknown reasons he refused to dwell on. He expelled a slow breath trying to keep his calm. The damn woman always managed to drive him insane with fury.

"I am sorry for the unfortunate incident. I have already talked with Mr Paula about ....."

His statement was cut off by Silvia's high pitched voice.

"Unfortunate! Really, Lucas! That's an understatement. It was a terrible nightmare. I will surely make you pay for humiliating me like that!," she seethed.

Lucas flashed her a wicked grin.

"I have already paid for that . Your old man requested a hefty sum from me for breaching the contract," he chuckled.

He watched in grim satisfaction as her brown eyes widened in shock. He deduced that the sly old man hadn't told her that piece of information yet . Martin Paula treated his daughter like some princess. Lucas remembered how Martin had threatened to destroy him when they met that morning to terminate the contract.

Silvia crossed her arms over her chest. She threw him a sly look.

"I told you before that l won't let you be with another woman,Lucas! Hell will have to freeze over for that to happen,"she spat out.

Luca's eyes darkened in anger. He didn't react well to threats.

"I want you gone in the next five minutes or l will have security drag your ass out of my building ," he growled out.

Silvia threw back her head and stifled an evil laugh.

"You don't scare me, Moretti. Get ready for this. I will make you pay."

She walked out of his office , her head held up high. She again slammed the door hard on her way out. Lucas breathed out a sigh of relief and shoved a hand impatiently through his dark hair.

What was he even thinking signing that contract with Martin Paula. His daughter was one little tigress. He couldn't imagine spending his days with that sly woman. Lucas suddenly felt grateful that the wedding didn't happen.

He picked up his phone and dialed.

"Carlo , I want you to investigate everything about that woman who showed up at my wedding."

                                                   ****

JANE'S POV

I dropped on the couch feeling extremely tired. My feet were aching . I removed my high heels and massaged my sore feet. I had spent nearly the whole day discussing details with Claudius on how to get Ferracco Volcani to pay for his crimes.

Though Claudius was still angry with me, he managed to mask his emotions and act professional. Lola came to sit besides me. Her face seemed troubled.

"Jane ! You have to speak to Elena. She has been crying ever since l picked her up from school."

" What happened?, " l asked her in a worried voice.

Elena rarely cried ever since she was a baby. So this piece of news came as a shock to me. So far she hasn't complained of bullies at her new school.

I felt a prickle of guilty as l realised that for days l had never had a proper conversation with my daughter. My head had been plagued with vengeful thoughts. All week l had run around between lawyers consulting on my case. In my quest for revenge , l had neglected my daughter.

Lola shook her head.

" She refused to talk to me."

I got up from the couch and hurried to her room. She was lying on her bed tears silently rolling down her cheeks. I felt my heart swell in pain.

" What wrong my baby?" I said as l touched her tear-stained face.

Her eyes darkened with more tears.

"Some kids at school called me a bastard child because l don't have a dad," she choked out gulping back tears.

I felt anger surge through me.

"Tell me their names and l will go talk to their parents!," l blurted out angrily.

Elena's small body began to rock with more tears. I gathered her in my arms and rocked her.

"Shhh. It's okay baby girl. Mummy is here ."

After some minutes , her sobs subsided. She stared at me with teary big eyes.

"Mummy , can Uncle Claudius come to my school for price giving day."

I smiled at her and stroked her dark hair.

" l am sorry , honey. Uncle Claudius is busy these days."

She angrily pushed my hand away.

"I don't want other kids to laugh at me again!," she yelled.

" You don't have to mind them."

"Pliz mummy. Just agree to marry Uncle Claudius. I want him as my dad," she pleaded in a teary voice.

"You don't need a father !," l yelled at her.

Elena stared at me stunned by my reaction. She broke down into more tears.

Goodness! Why did l have to take out my anger on her!

                                              ****

After dinner , Claudius and l went to the balcony of my bedroom. I leaned on the rail staring into the peaceful night. Even the beautiful night scene of Rio didn't help calm my jumbled nerves.

I was worried about Elena. She baldly wanted Claudius as her father. But l wasn't ready to grant her wish yet. I needed to put away my anger and insecurities first. And that was only possible if l get that con artist locked up in jail.

Claudius placed his finger below my chin and tilted my face so that l was staring directly into his brown eyes.

" What's wrong Jane? ," he asked with a frown creasing his face.

I flashed him a forced smile.

"What do you mean?," l asked in a feigned innocent voice.

Admitting to him my fears ,would only serve to start another fight between us.

" You have been zoning out since dinner. What are you thinking? "

His voice was laced with worry. His concern for me triggered banked tears in me. They began to stream down my face. Claudius wiped them with the pad of his thumb.

I threw myself into his arms and cried out all my frustrations on his shoulder. He patted my back whispering consoling words against my hair.

After a brief moment , my tears subsided and l removed  myself from him.

"I am sorry Claudius. I have been a little emotional lately," l told him sniffing back tears.

He smiled sadly at me as he wiped away my tears.

"It's okay sweetheart. I told you we will get through this together."

" Why didn't l notice you before? No one can love me like you do. If you had confessed your feelings to me six years ago l wouldn't be in this mess," l said with regret as l recalled my happy memories at Castio mansion.

Claudius chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"If this mess didn't happen , you wouldn't have met Elena."

" You are right. I can't imagine a life without my baby girl," l chuckled.

Claudius drew closer to me. He covered my laughter with his mouth. My arms snaked around his neck and we began to kiss slowly.

"Uncle Claudius. You ...," Elena's voice trailed off when she sees us.

I swiftly stepped away from Claudius , my face reddening in embarrassment. Claudius approached Elena and crouched down to her level.

"What is it , princess?," he asked her with a grin whilst playfully ruffling her hair.

Elena smiled widely at him. Anyone could tell she really adored Claudius. She has always considered him her hero ever since she was young.

"You promised to tuck me into bed and read bedtime stories to me."

Claudius laughed and pinched her chubby cheeks playfully.

"Okay my princess. Let's go!"

He swept Elena into his arms and marched back into the house with a giggling Elena dangling from his shoulder. A smile made it's way on my face seeing their happiness.

If things were normal between us , we could have been a happy family. Letting out a helpless sigh , l stared up at the star capped night sky and sent a mental prayer to God.

I really wished for justice to be served to my family so that l could finally move on with my life and be happy. I went back to the railing and leaned against it. My eyes stared down and l felt a cold trickle ran down my back.

Ferracco was standing below staring up at me with angry eyes. He turned away and walked towards a sleek black Mercedes Benz parked across the street.

He slipped into his car and drove off at an insane speed. I released the breath which l have been holding.

What is he doing here?

                                               ****

I paced in front of the preschool gates , my hands trembling in fear. My hand wiped away beads of perspiration gathered on my forehead for the umpteenth time.

Where could she be?

I had felt bad after shouting at Elena yesterday so l decided to make up with her by picking her up after school and going to her favourite ice cream inn.

I had nearly fainted when her teacher informed me that she didn't come to school. I had panicked and hysterically shouted at the poor woman demanding my daughter back.

The principal had to be called to the scene. After inquiring around the school, it was gathered that Elena had been seen picked up by a sleek red sports car.

At the news , my body had broken out into a cold sweat.

Surely it couldn't be Ferracco!

But then l didn't know anyone who drive a sport car.

I had brushed away the disturbing thoughts telling myself that l was being paranoid for nothing. Surely Ferracco had better things to do than minding a five year old girl.

So we informed the police and here l was anxiously pacing outside while the police investigated around school and looked into CCTV footages of that morning.

A sleek black BMW parked besides the school gates. The back door swung open and l saw Elena hopping out. My legs almost gave out in relief.

"Elena!," l cried out running towards the car.

The other door opened and l drew to a halt feeling my breath being knocked out of me. A cold shiver swept through my whole body as l watched Ferracco take Elena's little hand and walked with her towards me.

Elena looked up at him with the biggest smile l have ever seen on her face. I stumbled backwards suddenly feeling dizzy. My hand flew to my head. Hot blood was pounding against it. I felt like l could faint any moment.

Pain ripped through me as l stared at them.

My biggest nightmare is about to come true!

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 486 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...
390K 12.1K 50
Mattia My Angel flew away. I broke her so she risked death to escape The years are long without her and my little sweet pea One phone call changes...
3.8K 137 34
A story filled with love, beauty, and pain. Read to find out...
2.7K 306 9
-I am scared. I am terrified of seeing another back turned towards me- I saw it. It was my aunt who paid the price of my uncle having an iron fist...