ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴᴇss ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sɪsᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ ʜ...

By Shoujo_Site

[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31 | END
EPILOUGE

16

33.3K 1.1K 595
By Shoujo_Site

THIRD POV

"The point is, you want me to investigate Violette?" Caden asked Viola while munching the cookie on his mouth as Viola nodded.

"Yes. Your dukedom is known for its intelligence and to be bold, I want to make us of that. Can I trust you on this?" she asked, seems pretty serious about the conversation after stating the reason why she chose him.

She knows that Caden looked like a nobleman without manner, but the truth is, his intelligence surpassed her even her brothers.

He is a genius mastermind and can gather information all over with small details.

He swallowed down his food as he look at Viola.

"Yeah, trust me on this!" he pointed at himself using his thumb proudly with a broad grin.

"Thank yo-"

"But I want a reward."

Her eyes blinked, confused as she tilt her head to the side.

". . . Eh?"

"Don't worry. It's not a big deal." he shrugged playfully and form a broad grin.

"I want you to give me a brooch and say 'Thank you' from the bottom of your heart! Hahahahaahaha!"

". . . Alright." she smiled nerveously while looking at him even though she's a bit awkward about it.

"Also," he pull her hand gently and kissed it making her eyes widened in surprise. "I'm honoured to complete this task."

". . . Yes, thank you."

-

"It's been a long time since we walked like this." Viola smiled at Astor as they walk around the garden that is specially created for Viola when she turned 12 years old as a birthday gift. "I wonder if we're getting old." she chuckled by her own statement while looking at the beautiful white roses that filled the garden.

". . . Even if Milady is old, I will still like Milady."

Viola's eyes widened in surprise by Astor's statement and her lips form a small smile.

"I will still like you too, Astor." she replied nonetheless as Astor stopped on his tracks after hearing that.

". . . Milady, are you not afraid I will do something to you when we're alone?" he suddenly asked, making Viola turned her head towards Astor who is wearing a serious expression.

"Astor, what do you mean?" she asked while looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm a Gaines. Astor Gaines." he exclaimed, implying his clan name twice as if telling her it's very dangerous.

". . . Astor, you will not hurt me as a Gaines. You also knew that, right?" she asked, trying to reassure him and convince herself.

Astor tilt his head to the side as he let out a sigh and lean closer to Viola.

He pull her hand gently as their face is close with each other.

". . . But I'm also a man."

He exclaimed with a deep voice while staring down into her violet eyes.

"I can do many unpleasant things to Milady right now. Even after that, will Milady still likes me?"

He asked once again as if losing his mind while looking straight into her eyes.

Viola was surprised by the sudden scene, but she still can think rationally through this situation, trying to calm herself down.

". . . Then, do it." Instead of pushing him, she dared him as she smiled warmly at him making his eyes widened in surprise.

". . ."

"What's wrong Astor? You brought this yourself, didn't you?"

Astor let go of her arm as he back down a bit.

"There's a leaf on Milady's head."

He exclaimed, immediately changing the topic as his cheeks redden making Viola chuckled.

"Thank you for that." he briefly bowed politely.

"Please escort me to my room, I'm quite tired."

-

Violette walked around the kitchen to notice a maid preparing snacks.

". . . Who is this snacks for?"

Violette asked curiously as the maid seems irritated by her question. Her presence herself already annoying.

"It's for Lady Viola." the maid replied back to Violette without looking at her as she focused her gaze into the food.

It's quite reasonable for the maids to act like that because the Ducal Univers hasn't officially adopt Violette nor acknowledge her as the daughter yet.

She's just staying there temporarily until everything has confirmed. ". . . Can I deliver it!? I would like to chat with my sister!"

"Forgive my rudeness Lady Violette, but I have to decline." the maid apologies while holding the tray, keeping her stoic face.

"Please! I promise I will deliver it safely!" Viola insisted.

The maid sighed as she give the tray to Violette.

"She's just here temporarily, this wouldn't spread to master's ears anyway." the maid thought as Violette thanked her happily.

With a big heart, she walked towards Viola's room happily and knocked on the door excitedly, multiple times. "Sister! Sister! It's me!"

Viola who just lay on her bed, get back up again as she wondered why would Violette visit her out of nowhere.

"Come in." Viola's soft voice echoed throughout her room as Violette entered Viola's room happily without locking back the door.

"At least I want to get closer to Viola."

Violette thought with a wide smile as she put the tray on Viola's desk.

Violette immediately sit beside Viola who is sitting on her bed without Viola's permission. Not that Viola mind it though, but it would be considered rude in the noble etiquette considering Violette's status hasn't been confirmed yet.

Violette talked and talked happily with Viola who is currently tired that the dark circles under her eyes is visible.

Though Viola needed rest, but she can't just ignore her sister like before.

Violette is her sister after all.

Carlos who just accidentally walked by Viola's room, notice that Violette is inside Viola's room because of the door that is opened.

Seeing that, rage dwelled inside him.

"What the hell are you doing in my sister's room!?" he got enraged by just looking at her and walked inside Viola's room making Viola and Violette stood up. "Why are you here!?"

"I. . . I. . ." Violette is too scared to say anything as she can feel herself starts to sweat by the rough and cold voice of her third brother.

"Brother, we just talked to each other." Viola tried to calm him down and reasoned him but it's not working the moment he sees the snacks on the golden tray.

"Who brought this snacks?" he asked dangerously as Violette felt like each words pierce through her.

". . . I-I did." she murmured under her breath that is audible enough for him to hear.

Shiver run down her spine as she trembled from fear because she was never good with Carlos in terms of communication and is always scared of him.

"You."Carlos pointed at Violette.

"Eat the snacks first. How do I know if you gave my sister a poison to eat."

"Brother, please. That's enough." Viola reassure him to no end but it's not really working since he's so angry at the moment.

But surprisingly, he stopped because he notice how tired Viola at the moment and has to go all the trouble to deal with him.

He immediately shut his mouth as he approach the tray and left the room, before that, he glared at Violette one last time.

-

Carlos's sword flung away by Valerian's sword as Carlos panted heavily and wipe off his sweat using his hand.

"What's up with today's sword match? You usually wins."

Carlos only looked down, still thinking about Viola.

". . . I don't know why but that Violette is dangerous."

Of course with Carlos animal's instinct, he can feel it coming towards Violette.

Valerian who observe him, finally sighed as he put back his sword. "You can lose your focus in practice but never lose your focus on the real battle. Let's take a break." Valerian exclaimed, retreating back to the estate, leaving Carlos alone in the training field with the other knights.

-

"It's alright Violette, brother Carlos doesn't meant that." Viola tried het best to reassure Violette who is still terrified by the presence of her third brother.

". . . I'm sorry to bother you." Violette bowed and without another word, she left Viola's room much to Viola's confusion.

When Violette just exit her room, Gray entered Viola's room as he bowed politely from the outside.

"You can come in, Gray." Viola smiled at him as he returned back the smile.

"Milady, Young Master Caden Albrecht from Albrecht Dukedom sent you this letter." he informed politely while handing out the letter to Viola.

Viola received the letter as she thanked Gray. "Thank you Gray, you may leave."

Gray bowed once again and exit her room.

She went to her desk as she open the letter.

And as she expected, it's the letter about Violette.

Viola was quite surprised that Caden was able to gather information in such a short time but it's to be expected from the Albrecht Dukedom.

Under the note is a warning, advising Viola to not involve herself with Violette too often for Viola's own safety.

After reading that, she was confused.

Even in the letter, Caden said he doesn't know the details but it's better to avoid Violette in the mean time.

". . . What's with this letter?"

She asked to herself, confused by the whole thing going on inside her head.

And again,

She heard a knock on her door.

"Come in." she called out softly as Carlos entered her room making Viola's eyes widened in surprise. "Brother Carlos? Is there something wrong?"

". . . Father summoned the whole family."

". . . Right now?"

"Yeah."

Viola stood up from her seat as they headed towards the family hall for family meeting.

When she arrived, everyone already there including Violette.

Viola take a seat beside Carlos, waiting for Damon's information and reason why the whole family has been summoned including Violette.

The atmosphere is quite tense but Violette didn't notice it.

". . . Two weeks after the Second Prince's birthday, we will attend an event host by the Emperor himself." the moment he informed that, all of them tensed up except Violette who is quite excited for the event.

Edward and the others knew that Damon is never been on a good terms with the Emperor.

"All members must go. Without exception." he said making them widened their eyes in surprise.

"Father, pardon my rudeness but what event? There's no specific reason to host one." Valerian exclaimed as he let out his thoughts for Damon to hear.

Damon nodded, agreeing to Valerian's logic.

"There's 75% it'll be a trap, but we have no choice since if one member was not spotted, it'll be denying the Emperor's order or will be accused of treason to the empire." Damon thought as he let out a sigh.

"It's going to be alright. Before that, we have another event to attend. That is the second prince's birthday."

"Wait! So you want to let the Emperor's case slip like that!?" Carlos asked as he stood up angrily while looking at Damon.

"It's not like I let it slip. It's because we can't do anything about it." he replied coldly while looking at Carlos with his intimidating eyes making Carlos immediately shut his mouth and sit back down without any arguments as he just crossed his arms.

"First, we'll have to attend the 2nd Prince Birthday."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.3K 17
Now that I think about it the name Lydia reminds me of something. Maybe from a movie or a book I have read before. I think my full name is Angeline L...
1.2K 16 46
In a quiet hamlet overlooking an open countryside almost hidden in many eyes, lived a simple woman with a plain life. Freesia, her name came from a w...
188K 7.9K 28
My name is Aika asami, a normal teenage girl who just died from saving an unknown child from being hit by a car assuming that I'm already died, a voi...
93.7K 3.1K 34
Aurelia Giliam is her name now, what her original was she can't remember. Her past life comes back to her in a painful headache. She somehow got into...