11

THIRD POV

"What will you do, Your Grace?"

The long table that is full of intimidating nobles, sit sequentially to each other. But the one being the most intimidating is none other than Duke Damon Univers himself.

There's a noble conference about the child with the name Violette.

Whether it's really the Duke's child or not. Some of them is going to use this chance for their own benefits.

"That random wench is not my child." Damon said casually as he put his hand around his chin, getting bored of the conversation and it didn't entertain him a bit.

"Excuse me Your Grace, but Lady Violette is your child." the nobleman that brought Violette to the Univers Estate, Adolf Bedford said confidently.

"Quit your yapping, Lord Bedford. I don't remember having another daughter besides my own real daughter." Damon argued back smoothly, while staring intensely at Adolf Bedford much to his dismay as he felt shiver down his spine, probably taking the wrong turn getting on Damon's bad side.

". . . I don't think so." one of the nobles exclaimed as all heads turned towards him. "Your Grace, I understand about your first daughter because she is your official daughter that disappears. But in Violette's case, it's different. She has the same violet eye colour that only the Univers bloodline can possess." he added, trying to be neutral as possible.

But Adolf saw that as a chance to get Violette accepted into the Univers Dukedom. He thought that he was blessed to find a child that possess the eyes of the Univers, and of course, he merely wanted nothing but reward and live lavishly because of his small, unnoticed household.

"Yes, Your Grace. You can't just throw a child that-"

"I don't care if I had to."

"Your Grace!"

Within minutes, the table became chaotic because of Damon's simple reply to Adolf's unfinished sentence.

One of the noble stood up with grace as he look at Damon with a serious expression, that is Duke Aaron Albrecht, from the Albrecht Dukedom.

"I'm sure Your Grace didn't forget about this Empire's rules. One of the rules is that the eye colours that the nobles posses is the symbol of their own household except commoners who only posses brown or black eyes." he explained truthfully, trying to follow the law of the Empire. With that, he continue,

"The Imperial Family's eye colour is sapphire. Alistaire Marquessate is gold, and even the most feared and tainted clan of Gaines have their own eye colour they possessed, the colour of blood. Such as myself, our household possessed the colour of light magneta. That's why this is not a laughing matter because Lady Violette possessed the eye colour of the Univers Dukedom, that is violet." Duke Aaron explained thoroughly, making anyone's mind clear to think straight resulting Damon's frown through the explanation.

"So, are you saying that I should adopt that child?" Damon asked with his usual calm and cold voice that can send shiver on everyone.

". . . for now, let her stay in your estate as Univers. Your Grace and I will investigate her in the mean time. We can't let her stay in the temple right?" Aaron reasoned Damon logically, trying to gain the cooperation he want. "If it is proved that she is not your child, then you can reject her as much as you want. You can even throw her aside." he smiled friendly at Damon making Damon sighed.

Aaron is the best friend of Damon and he can't really refuse Aaron's suggestions. That's why Damon gave in this conversation and take Aaron's advice.