Mr Popular Is Keeping Me A Se...

By silviaaxox

When Lucy wakes up in the hospital after a fight with her ex turned to violence she has no clue who her savio... More

Chapter 1: Hospital
Chapter 2: The View
Chapter 3: Cast Off
Chapter 5: 'I'm Back Baby'
Chapter 6: Hero
Chapter 7: Childish
Chapter 8: Friend
Chapter 9: I Was Drunk
Chapter 10: Two Can Play the Game
Chapter 11: We're Friends
Chapter 12: Heels
Chapter 13: Bartender
Chapter 14: Chosen
Chapter 15: Performance
Chapter 16: Invite
Chapter 17: Happy Birthday
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: Date
Chapter 20: Secret
Chapter 21: Tony's
Chapter 22: Lost Count
Chapter 23: Prom
Chapter 24: I Quit
Chapter 25: Slow
Chapter 26: Park
Chapter 27: Bunk
Chapter 28: McHamilton
Chapter 29: Wedding Rehearsal
Chapter 30: Catch Up
Chapter 31: Wedding
Chapter 32: Pencey's
Chapter 33: I Love You
Chapter 34: Follow Your Heart
Chapter 35: Double Date
Chapter 36: Awkward
Chapter 37: Night Club
Chapter 38: Art
Chapter 39: Oh Shit
Chapter 40: Not Innocent
Chapter 41: Proof
Chapter 42: Trial Run
Chapter 43: Clean Slate
Chapter 44: Thank You's and a Kiss
Chapter 45: New Years Eve

Chapter 4: Back to School

17.5K 520 69
By silviaaxox

•Part 4•

We hadn't really spoken since Liam had told me he wanted us to be a secret. To be honest, I was scared of getting too attached because today was the first day of school and I had no idea what to expect. Was Liam going to at least say hi to me, or was he going to pretend like I didn't exist?

There was a plus though, the fact that Liam was keeping us a secret meant that I didn't have to dress up like crazy to impress him and look good enough for him. I could just be myself. And so I went for a red and blue checked plaid shirt and a pair of black jeans with a rip on the left knee along with a pair of black Old Skool Vans.

I was happy with my appearance and that's all I needed in my life.

~***~

"LUCY!" I knew that voice too well.

"Poppy!" I shouted back down the corridor, turning to see my best friend speed towards me.

She opened her locker quickly next to mine, threw her books in, shut it with a slam before throwing her arms around me. "I missed you so much! Two months away is too long!" She exclaimed.

I laughed. "I missed you too Pop. How was Australia?"

Her eyes widened with excitement. "Amazing! Purely because of the guys. But it was amazing."

"Of course." I laughed.

"But nowhere near as interesting as yours was!" She pointed out.

I sighed. "I only hung out with him twice."

"But you kissed!" He exclaimed. "I can't believe he's keeping you a secret. A bit suspicious in my opinion."

I nodded. "That's why I'm not putting my hopes up."

"Have you heard from Patrick?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. I don't want to. My dad dealt with him, but he refuses to tell me what he did or whether he did anything or just spoke to him."

Poppy raised an eyebrow. "Knowing your dad, I doubt he 'just talked' to Patrick." She had a point.

I shrugged. "I just want to keep him in the past. And I really hope he doesn't come back."

"Speaking of your past," Poppy muttered. "Your present and possibly your future has just entered."

My head snapped in the direction that her eyes were looking. I promised myself that I wouldn't be one of those desperate girls who beg to be noticed by the high school hottie, but the thing was, he had already noticed me, in fact, he had saved my life and even kissed me. And now on a much smaller scale, he was noticing me, by sending me a subtle wink before turning to Dylan, his best friend.

"Was that to you?" Poppy asked.

I shrugged. "I think so." Poppy laughed. "What? I asked.

"Oh nothing, I just love how you try to act like it doesn't bother you." She told me.

I shut my locker and started walking down the corridor, in the opposite direction to Liam. "Of course it bothers me!"

"Look, all I'm going to say is don't put your hopes up. Liam sure does seem like a nice guy, but at the end of the day, he's the high school king." Poppy advised. "Plus, he's already messed it up."

She was right. I didn't want to admit it because I wanted to see Liam as a nice guy who actually cares for people, but just after a few weeks of us being 'friends' and only after two times of us hanging out, he had already managed to mess up.

~***~

Most of the day had passed in no time. Lunch was already upon us and as I had for the past six years, I found myself sitting at our usual table in the lunch hall.

"So is Mel not in?" Poppy asked taking a bit of her sandwich.

I shrugged. "I haven't seen her. And I've tried calling her but she isn't answering."

Melissa was one of my best friends. But she was a bit different from myself and Poppy. Dont get me wrong, Melissa was an amazing person and I loved her to bits, but in comparison to me and Poppy who were quite confident and outgoing, Melissa was quiet, obsorbed in books and focused on her grades. Some may have called her a geek or a nerd, and they'd probably be right. And therefore, it was very unusual for Melissa to miss school, especially the first day.

"It's weird. I'm kind of worried." Poppy munched.

"To be honest, I haven't really heard much from her over the summer." I said.

"Really? Even after the accident?" Poppy asked.

I nodded. "She came to visit me once, but thats it. We texted briefly."

"That's really weird." Poppy said. "Now that I think of it, neither have I."

"But then again, Melissa isn't like us. She likes to keep to herself and have some alone time." I reminded Poppy. "Maybe this is one of those times, if you know what I mean." But by the blank look on my best friends face I could tell she didnt because she wasn't listening.
"Poppy! Are you okay?" I asked louder.

Her head snapped and she looked at me with a smile. "Yeah everything's fine." The smile was noticeably fake.

"What's behind me?" I asked.
She looked down at her food. "What do you mean?"

"You're such a sh*t liar." I laughed. "I saw you looking at something behind me, what was it?"

Poppy sighed. "Nothing you'd want to see."

I rolled my eyes. "You're over exaggerating." I twisted in my seat to look at the far end of the lunch hall and I regretted it at once. Liam was leaning against the wall with Nicole leaning against him. Her arms were on his chest and his arms were holding her waist. How could I be so surprised? I couldn't watch it any longer, and twisted back around to face Poppy.

"The Queen Bee is all over the high school hottie. What a surprise." I commented sarcastically, trying to hide how upset I was.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't think he's holding her." Poppy told me. "I'm quite sure he's pushing her away."

I shrugged. "He can be making out with her for all I care." Lies.

Poppy sighed. "Stop lying to yourself Luce."

"I'm not! We're not a couple." I defended.

Poppy opened her mouth to speak but it wasn't her voice that I heard.

"Who's not a couple? You and Patrick White?" We both looked up to be met by Nicole Jacobs, the Queen Bee, and her minion of a best friend, Natalie Harries. Nicole was smirking at me, her right arm on her right hip, emphasising her perfect curves.

"What would you know?" Poppy retorted.

Nicole turned to Poppy for a split second. "I know enough." Before turning back to me. "It must be so heartbreaking to not be in a relationship with an abuser." The sarcasm was reaking.

"He's not an abuser." Why was I defending him?

She looked at me sympathetically. "Gosh you're such a victim. Did that fall mess with your head?"

"I don't think it had to." Natalie added in, earning a giggle from Nicole.

"He didn't hit me, he pushed me and I fell." I lied. I mean, he did push me, and I did fall, but before that, he hand repeatedly grabbed my wrists, hit me and hurt me in numerous ways.

Nicole rolled her eyes. "Oh come on Banks, even you don't believe that." And without another word, she flicked her hair and walked thriugh the hall.

I sighed. "What a b*tch." Poppy muttered. "I swear, if this wasn't a plastic fork, I'd be forcing it through her eyeballs."

I laughed a little before the bell for last period rang.

"What do you have now?" Poppy asked.

"History."

"With Hot Hamilton?" Poppy teased.

"Oh sh*t." I cursed. "I forgot he's in my class."

Poppy smiled. "Well have fun, I'll see you tomorrow." And with that we split up and went our separate ways.

When I reached the classroom, I realised I was late. I knocked on the door before entering. "I'm sorry I'm late sir."

Mr Benson looked at me unimpressed. "Late on the first day, what does that say about you?"

I didn't answer because I knew it was a rhetorical question. Instead, I scanned the classroom looking for my usual seat which I noticed was occupied by a red haired girl named Ana.

"Miss Banks, take a sit next to Mr Jacobs." My teacher answered my thoughts.

I sighed. Not Harry Jacobs. Yes, in case you're wondering, the surname does sound familiar because he was Nicole's twin brother. He was part of the 'popular clan', he was a footballer, and one of Liam's closest friends, whom he was sitting in front of. I really didn't need this.

"Sir I--"

"No discussions. Had you come earlier, you wouldn't have to live through the torture of Jacobs by your side for the next year," My teacher shrugged. "But you were late, so sit down and stop wasting my time."

With another sigh I strutted to the second row from the back of the classroom and took my seat. I didn't dare to steal a glance at Liam who was behind me, too risky.

"I didn't realise I was that unpleasant." Harry whispered to me as I took out my book.

I smiled. "You're not. I just don't know you."

"Well we all start off as strangers." He winked.

I laughed quietly, extending my arm to him. "Well stranger, my name is Lucy Banks."

He shook my hand with a chuckle. "Hello Lucy, my name is Harry Jacobs, and its a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

So maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/first_day_back/set?id=126162334

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 21K 52
A new family has just moved in across the street, peaking everyone's interest for they're like nothing this small suburban town has ever seen. You se...
4.8M 160K 35
"Maybe instead of focusing on getting girl's numbers, you should focus on getting A's." People automatically think "nerd" when they hear the name Jad...
1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
9.5K 182 22
Betty and jughead are dating and them and their friends go on a school trip. The trip lasts a month, it's just so they can spend time together Befor...