Talk About the Direct Approac...

By TellTaleHeart

Picture this: One day, you're sitting on your porch when you spot a gorgeous guy stepping out of a car. ... More

Note From The Author
Chapter One: One thing that may change your life
Chapter Two: Kidnapped
Chapter Three: A mansion?
Chapter Four: Anything but typical
Chapter Five: Sure of it
Chapter Six: Stupid organs
Chapter Seven: Obviously
Chapter Eight: Thanks, Gandhi
Chapter Nine: A simple hello
Chapter Ten: Feeling the love
Chapter Eleven: Sticky notes
Chapter Twelve: How you seduce a kidnapper
Chapter Thirteen: Birthday fun- Part one
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday fun- Part two
Chapter Fifteen: Stupid ass llama!
Chapter Sixteen: Naked men and the Mafia
Chapter Seventeen: Not a She-wolf in the closet
Chapter Eighteen: I don't even know
Chapter Nineteen: Like penguins
Chapter Twenty: Way to go Rover
Chapter Twenty-One: Rants, confessions, and the perfect moment
Chapter Twenty-Two: Resisting
Chapter Twenty-Four: Meeting the Parents
Chapter Twenty-Five: Just my dignity
Chapter Twenty-Six: I'm watching you Bucko
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I would put Kobe to shame
Chapter Twenty-Eight: You only live once
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Shut up and kiss me
Chapter Thirty: School before baby-making
Chapter Thirty-One: A heart to heart in the Macy's dressing room
Chapter Thirty-Two: Kicked out
Chapter Thirty-Three: Poetic justice
Chapter Thirty-Four: The inevitable phone call
Chapter Thirty-Five: Forever marked- Part one
Chapter Thirty-Six: Forever marked- Part two
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Welcome to the club
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Seeing red
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Ignoring myself
Chapter Forty: Planning a homicide
Chapter Forty-One: By being annoying of course
Chapter Forty-Two: A brain-phone is the best phone
Chapter Forty-Three: As sly as a fox that's bad at being a fox
Chapter Forty-Four: I'm happy to die alone if I need to
Chapter Forty-Five: Your attempt at killing me is failing
Chapter Forty-Six: Poorly timed doughnut rants
Chapter Forty-Seven: Howls of Victory
Chapter Forty-Eight: Us Vs. Us Vs. Them Vs. Them
Chapter Forty-Nine: Back and Forth
Chapter Fifty: Near
Chapter Fifty-One: Human Values
Chapter Fifty-Two: The End?
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter Twenty-Three: Kind of kinky

439K 6.3K 684
By TellTaleHeart

*Macy's POV*

"Keep your lips to yourself mister," I say, whacking Cayton in the head with a spatula. Despite this, he continues kissing and licking that stupid spot on my neck. The damn boy is relentless, and this has been, by far, the most difficult bet I've been engaged in in my life.

Amazingly, I've made it two days. Today is the final day, and I'm already planning to spend my five bucks at the candy store.

"You're so stubborn," he mumbles against my skin, before teasingly biting it. I have to bite my lip to stop myself from moaning, which would not be helpful. I think he's enjoying making me squirm, because he's been absolutely persistent in trying to mark me.

If Cayton finds making me squirm enjoyable, then Carter finds it hilarious. He's so sure that I'm going to break, and to be honest if I wasn't looking forward to five bags of gummy bears, I would have given in already. Do you know how hard it is to resist something that is specifically designed to turn you on? At least I think that's what it's for, because that's all it's succeeded in doing so far.

You wouldn't think that one tiny little spot would have such an effect. He can touch me and kiss me all he wants, and the result isn't as intense as when he even lays a finger on that one spot on my neck. It's ridiculous.

He let it slip that once he does mark me, it's going to be ten times worse. Whatever connection we have is going to be amplified, and, well, it will only be a matter of time before the mating is complete.

"My pancakes are going to burn if you don't stop!" I whine, unwrapping his arms from me and trying to stop my thoughts from progressing any further. He refuses to let me cook in peace though. He hops up onto the counter right next to the stove, looming over and watching me carefully, as if him watching me is enough to make me give in.

I huff and flip the pancake, thinking about possibly poisoning Carter's for causing all of this. He's sitting in the living room, where Cayton should be, instead of blocking the cabinet where the plates are.

"Could you move?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips.

"I'm pretty comfy," he says, "It might cost you."

I let out a frustrated sigh, and turn away, only to stop when an idea pops in my head.

"I think we can make a deal here," I say, turning around again and crossing my arms over my chest. He raises an eyebrow.

"What kind of deal?"

"Well, you want something, and I want something. So here's what we'll do. You will go into the living room and stay until I'm done. And after we eat, I'll let you mark me."

"Really?" he asks skeptically.

"Yes. We all know I'm going to lose this anyways," I sigh. Smirking, he hops off the counter and gives me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Deal," he says, before walking out of the kitchen. I peek around the entrance to make sure he left, and when I see him enter the living room, I smile to myself.

Too easy.

When the pancakes are finished, I bring everything into the living room, where they insist on eating. I make myself comfortable in my usual spot next to Cayton and indulge in the world's greatest pancakes. Yes, I'm that amazing at making them.

"I believe it's your turn to keep up your end of the deal," Cayton points out as I pick up his and Carter's plate from the table. Carter snickers, so I guess Cayton had already informed him of it.

"Fine. Let me put these in the dishwasher first," I say. Both of them follow me out, casually leaning against the counters as I rinse off the plates and put them in the dishwasher. When I'm done, I dry my hands off with a towel and smile brightly.

"I just realized that we never shook on it, so therefore, our deal is void," I say, shrugging.

"Sorry, a deal's a deal," Cayton smirks, pushing himself up from the counter and slowly approaching me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I say in a singsong voice, waggling my finger. Still he continues advancing, so I use the last weapon in my arsenal. I reach behind me and grab the sink sprayer, poising it for battle.

He stops in his tracks and narrows his eyes at me. "You wouldn't."

"Take one more step and I will," I warn, already aiming the nozzle at his perfect face and turning on the water.

"She won't do it," Carter chuckles. I turn my head to his direction and raise a brow.

"Wanna bet?" He doesn't respond, he just gives me an 'I dare you' look. Smiling sweetly, I turn the nozzle towards him and squeeze the handle, causing a steady stream to soak his face and shirt. I giggle when he starts spluttering. "Your turn!" I quickly turn it on Cayton, who is too busy laughing at his best friend to notice.

Laughing like a mental escapee, I skip happily out of the kitchen and towards the first room I can think of to hide, the library. I don't rush, knowing that it's going to take them a minute to recover and wipe the water off their faces.

That's what they get for almost winning the bet. Almost, mind you.

In the library, I start walking down the aisles when I hear Cayton shouting my name. I hush my footsteps and try keeping as quiet as possible, knowing that they can hear much better than I can.

In the back of the library, against the wall, is a pair of matching burgundy chairs. As quietly as I can, I duck behind them, holding my hand against my mouth to stop the laughter. I wish I had a camera when I sprayed them. It was truly a Kodak moment.

"Macy, where are you?" Cayton calls out, sounding a little peeved.

"Yea, where are you? I have a little surprise for you," I hear Carter says, and the way he says surprise makes me think it isn't going to be too pleasant.

I press both hands tighter against my mouth as I hear them getting closer. And closer. And closer. Until they walk right past.

I make the mistake of loosening my hands, which gives room for a squeak of laughter to come out.

Great. I am one dead woman.

"Macy, I heard that," Cayton says, sounding extremely close. Since I'm as good as found, I speak.

"No you didn't! This is your subconscious speaking. She's hiding in your office!" I say as my last lame attempt to divert them.

"Very funny," he says, before pulling back the chair that was once concealing me. I smile up at him, trying my best to not add fuel to the fire and laugh at his soaked shirt and dripping hair.

"Oh hey babe, just get out of the shower?" I ask innocently. He scowls at me but offers me a hand to help me up. I take it.

"Was all that necessary?" he asks, motioning to himself. I shrug and reach up to run my fingers through his wet hair.

"Was all that teasing necessary?" I counter, ruffling his hair and causing it to stick up wildly.

"Yes," he says. I tusk and wipe my hand on the dry part of his shirt, before getting on my tiptoes to give him a light peck on the cheek.

"Then yes, it was," I smile. "Admit it; it was funny until you got sprayed." He keeps a serious expression on his face, but I see his lips twitching as he tries to hold back a smile.

"I didn't find it funny at all," Carter says, actually sounding angry.

"Aw, Carter, you're not mad at me, are you?" I ask, putting on a pouty face. I guess I did make him angry, if his posture has anything to say about it. He's standing with his arms crossed over his chest, serious written all over his features. He can look intimidating if he wants to, as he is right now, but I've never let that stop me. In addition, even though he is a complete asshole, I somewhat like him and I don't like when people are upset with me.

"Come on jelly bean, it was just for fun," I say. His eyebrows furrow together.

"Did you just call me jelly bean?" he asks.

"Yep." He shakes his head, his intimidating façade slowly slipping off. "And come on, you know it was funny. Had it happened to Cayton, you would have been rolling on the floor," I point out.

"I would do no such thing," he says indignantly.

"Mhmm. Now come on jelly bean, turn that frown upside down," I say, pushing up the corners of his mouth with my fingers. And so, my amazing skills actually get him to crack a smile.

"Fine, happy shrimp?" he says, giving an over exaggerated smile.

"Now come on, let's hug this thing out," I say, pulling both of them in for a hug. They both grumble something as I do, but follow through. "Doesn't that feel better? One big, happy, dysfunctional family. Or something like that."

"I'm still mad at you," Carter says, slipping out of my hold.

"No you're not."

"Oh really?"

"Yea, you can't stay mad at me. No one can, staying mad at me is like trying to stay mad at a puppy," I say confidently. "No one can stay mad at something as adorable as a puppy."

He rolls his eyes. "Ok, you win. But next time I won't be so forgiving," he says, turning on his heel to walk out of the room.

"Ok jelly bean!"

"Don't call me that anymore!" he calls out. I giggle, while Cayton comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me, resting his hands on my stomach.

"I'll never understand how you do that," he says. I shrug and lean into him, placing my hands on top of his.

"It's a gift." When I realize his shirt is still soaked, and is soaking through the back of mine, I move away. "I think we should change," I say, pulling at the back of my shirt.

"Good thinking. Get dressed, we're going out today," he says, wrapping his fingers through mine.

"Really? Out, as in out of the house?"

"Yes, as in out because someone is coming to clean the carpets soon."

"Oh! This can be our second date!" I say excitedly, already running for our room.

*

Cayton holds the door of his car open for me, and I slip in with an excited grin on my face.

"Wow, I never noticed how nice this car is," I muse, running my hand over the dashboard. "I didn't get a good look, seeing as I was worrying about being murdered last time."

"You definitely blew that out of proportion," he says, shutting the door as I buckle myself in.

"Yea well, the idea of my werewolf mate kidnapping me didn't cross my mind," I defend. Cayton slips into the driver's seat and starts the car, the loud engine roaring to life.

"Where to Princess?" he asks as he begins to back out of the driveway.

"I don't know, where do normal couples go for their dates?"

"Hey, we're plenty normal," he says.

"I think we're anything but," I chuckle. "Unless a werewolf and human couple has suddenly become the norm."

"Ok, you have a point there," he says with a smile.

"Let's give the park a try," I suggest.

"Sounds good." I smile and reach for the radio, trying to find a suitable music station. When I'm content, I roll down the window and stick my head out, watching the scenery pass by in a blur.

With my head stuck out the window like this, I can't resist.

"Cayton?"

"Hmm?"

"How hard is it to control the urge to stick your head out the window and let your tongue flop in the breeze?" I hear him groan loudly at my annoying, albeit funny, joke.

"Are you actually convinced I'm a dog, or do you just enjoy teasing me?"

I stick my head back inside the car and try to fix my hair from its current wind-blown state. "I'm only joking babe, I know that you're a big bad wolf. Red Riding Hood would be shaking in her cloak."

Cayton parks the car on the side of the road and holds the door open for me to get out. Across the street is the rather large park and all its natural beauty. One half of the park is dominated by a pond, with trees and other foliage surrounding it. The other half has the children's play area, along with an ice cream cart and the bathrooms.

"Can we get some ice cream?" I ask immediately as I spot the ice cream.

"Whatever you want Princess," he says, taking my hand in his as his other hand shuts the car door. Hand in hand, we walk over to the friendly ice cream vendor and order me a vanilla cone. In this humid weather, I consider just dousing myself with it, but I settle for eating it instead.

*Cayton's POV*

"You picked a perfect day to come to the park," Macy says, licking her ice cream cone. I nod in response, pulling her impossibly closer to my side, holding on with a tighter grip as I catch a few wandering eyes looking at my mate. I'm not sure if she's completely oblivious to all the male attention she gets, or if she just chooses to ignore it. All it does is bring out my more possessive side, and I struggle to keep my wolf at bay as I glare at some libidinous stares.

"Cayton?" her angelic voice breaks through, but I still keep a hard stare.

"Hm?"

"Are you trying to squeeze me until I pop?" Only then do I notice how tight my grip actually is, and I immediately loosen my hold.

"Sorry, are you ok?" I ask, inspecting her to make sure I hadn't actually hurt her.

"I'm fine. Are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm ok," I assure her, wrapping my arm possessively around her shoulders. I feel her shrug as I start leading her to a more secluded area of the park.

"Wait, I have to pee," she says, stopping next to a garbage can to throw away the remains of her ice cream. "And I know I probably have ice cream all over my face." I smile as I take in her appearance.

"Other than your lips, you did pretty well," I say. She smiles sheepishly and looks around for something, as if it would appear out of mid air.

"Er, I don't have a napkin. Do you mind taking care of this for me?" She points to her lips, and I smirk as I catch the suggestive tone in her voice. Cupping her cheek in my hand, I slowly lean in until our lips are mere centimeters apart. "Wait, actually, bathroom is a priority," she says, taking a step back, a smirk on her pretty little face.

"You did that on purpose," I scowl.

She smiles cheekily and starts skipping towards the direction of the bathroom. "I would never tease you like that!"

Leaning against the brick wall of the building containing the bathrooms, I took a moment to admire the day. It was a nice day, though slightly humid, the sky was free of any clouds, and the scent of freshly cut grass hung in the air.

Many of my pack members are here, and they bow their head slightly as they walked by, as a sign of respect. It isn't something I'm too fond of personally, but my wolf enjoys the respect.

"Cayton!" I hear a shrill voice call out. Usually, the only people who call me by my first name are those close to me, so it catches my attention since I don't recognize the voice. Well, not really. It sounds faintly familiar, and an old memory starts to resurface. Before I have time to think it through, a certain raven-haired girl is at my side, smiling at me.

"It's so nice seeing you again!" she says, holding out her arms to embrace me in a hug. I take a step back, immediately dreading this encounter. Chloe Ellison.

"Hi Chloe..."

"Oh, that's all I get?" she says with a pouty face. "It's been so long since, you know," she trails off, leaving me to shudder, and at the same time feel disgrace with myself as I recall the last time I had seen Chloe.

Let's just say, I don't think Macy would be happy if she found out Chloe was one of the girls that paid a visit to the tree house.

*Macy's POV*

As I stepped out of the bathroom, I'm greeted with an interesting sight. A little too expected in a way, but still something I didn't really want to think about.

I've never been the jealous type. If you want to look, who am I to stop you? And maybe I'm having too much fun watching how uncomfortable Cayton is. The black haired girl next to him, twirling her hair around her finger and fluttering her eyelashes, is no doubt the source of his discomfort.

I couldn't help but laugh quietly. The girl is saying something, no doubt something flirtatious, but I can't hear anything. I'm enjoying watching from behind the corner.

Maybe I shouldn't be finding this humorous. But hey, what's there to worry about? Unlike Cayton, I'm not going to flip out when he comes in contact with someone of the opposite gender.

He shifts uncomfortably on his feet and subtly scoots away some. I know, I know, I'm a horrible mate for letting this happen and enjoying it, but it's just too funny. Mr. Big and Bad can't handle a flirty female.

Then she scoots closer, and puts her hand on his chest, laughing at something he said, which I'm willing to bet wasn't funny.

Ok, so I may not be the jealous type, but touching like that is off limits.

I step around the corner just as Cayton grabs her wrist, pushing it away from him. The girl has a pout on her face, which I roll my eyes at.

I clear my throat when I'm behind them, and Cayton's head snaps to me. He immediately drops her wrist, as if I had just caught him doing something horrible.

"Macy, this isn't-" I almost laugh at his sudden nervousness and over the fact that he was actually about to say "This isn't what it looks like".

"Calm yourself," I say, holding out my hand in a 'chill out' manner. I step around him, squeezing myself in the small space between him and the girl. "Hi, it's nice to meet you. Don't touch my boyfriend," I say casually.

After giving me a hard look, she takes a step back.

"Your boyfriend?" she scoffs. "Really?"

"Yep. Has been for a while now." The girl ignores me and looks up to Cayton.

"Alpha Cayton, is that really your girlfriend?" Alpha? Oh, so she's a werewolf? Hm. I interrupt Cayton before he has the chance to speak. "Oh, so you're a werewolf? Well, I guess you haven't heard but Alpha Cayton here is my mate. So if you could just, I dunno, back off, that would be great."

I guess news doesn't spread fast enough. I know the whole party his mother is planning is soon--lord help me--so I figured news would spread. Apparently, it didn't reach this lovely young lady.

"I don't see any mark on you," she says condescendingly. "Must not be too thrilled with you, huh?"

Oh hell no.

"You want to see a mark?" I challenge. I turn around to face Cayton. "Let's show her a mark."

"Right now?" he asks.

"Yes. Now. Our friend here wants to see it. Now go on." I say, poking him in the chest.

"Are you sure you don't want something a little more private?"

"No. Come on," I urge.

"But-"

"Cayton!"

"Alright, alright!" he surrenders. I send a smug grin over my shoulder towards the girl as Cayton gently grabs hold of the back of my neck with one hand, the other brushing my hair to the side.

This is going to hurt, I just know it.

He gives me a short kiss on my lips, before trailing light kisses down my neck and stopping at the one spot that has been causing a lot of trouble lately. The moment his lips make contact, a shiver runs through me, and my heart rate increases in anticipation.

"Princess, you don't need to prove your point," he mumbles against my skin, his warm breath making me shiver once again. You would think I was in the middle of a snowstorm with the way my whole body is reacting to something so simple.

"Well you already started, so you might as well continue," I say, surprised at how breathy my voice sounds. Geez. There is no way that I'm not going through with this, especially with the girl next to me watching.

"Ok..." I feel the anticipation build up as his teeth barely graze my skin. For a second I forget all about why I'm doing this, and just enjoy the fact that I will almost officially be Cayton's.

His teeth sink into my skin without warning, and I gasp.

Damn, that hurts.

I let out some weird whimper sound from pain, grabbing the fabric from the front of his shirt and bunching it up in my fists. The pain slowly increases, and just when I think I might start crying, it stops all at once. Next, a feeling of euphoria and pleasure soar through me, erasing any signs of pain. I have to bite my lip hard to stop a moan that wants to come out from the amount of pleasure.

Is someone biting you supposed to feel this good? Kind of kinky if you ask me.

His lips leave my skin and he licks the mark. When he looks up at me, he gently wipes away a tear I hadn't realized slipped out. Hey, it hurt, sue me.

"Are you ok?" he asks, for what I think would be the second time today. Besides the slight throbbing where his mark is and the fact that I want to jump his bones right now, I'd say I'm good.

"Yes, I'm perfect." I grab his face in my hands and kiss him roughly. I don't know, it seems fitting for the moment. Plus, it's a nice show for Ms. Thing. Speaking of which... "There's your mark," I say turning my head over my shoulder slightly, trying to catch my breath after kissing him so intensely.

She mutters something under her breath, and I smile in victory as she walks away.

"Only you Macy," Cayton chuckles, running his finger over his mark.

"Hey, she needed to know. And now everyone else knows that you're all mine," I say, pulling him into another kiss. I feel him smile against my lips before pulling away.

"I'm yours huh? I specifically remember someone who looked a lot like you saying something along the lines of 'it's degrading to say you own someone'," he says, using my own words against me.

"Yea, well, that's because you only say it when you're jealous over nothing."

"Oh, and you weren't just jealous?"

"I don't get jealous, but I don't like other girls touching my man," I explain.

"In other words, you were jealous over nothing."

"I wasn't jealous!" I defend. "And it wasn't nothing! She laid her hands on you. Who knows where those have been!" I cringe dramatically as I think of all the possible places she could have put her hands.

"No need to get defensive. I happen to think you're really sexy when you're jealous," he teases, wrapping an arm around my waist and holding me against him.

I glare up at him. "I. Was. Not. Jealous."

"You were though," he chuckles.

"I wasn't—you know, we're kind of ruining the moment here. Isn't this kind of a big step?" I pull my phone out of my pocket and use the screen to see the reflection of his mark. "And is it always going to look like I have a hickey?" I poke it lightly, wincing since it's still tender and doesn't feel nearly as nice as when Cayton touches it. How fair is that?

"No, it'll heal and actually look like something," he says, then smiles as if he just thought of something brilliant. "And you get to show Carter when we get home."

I smiled back, not the least bit swayed. "I don't think that will be any problem. He can look all he wants."

"Just admit that you couldn't resist me, and you lost the bet," he says cockily.

My smile doesn't falter. "Actually, he lost." His smile fades and he looks at me with furrowed brows.

"How?"

"Three days ago, at exactly three-o-seven p.m., Carter and I made the bet. It's currently three-twenty-eight, meaning I won a little bit ago." I smile brightly and pull out my phone to show him the time. "So let Carter know that I expect my five bucks to be ready."

So, today, I got to spray two werewolves with a sink sprayer, get rid of one home wrecking werewolf, and win a bet against a werewolf.

Pretty kick ass for a human girl if you ask me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

817K 25.8K 35
#11 in werewolves "You know I'll never stop running, right?" "I've always loved a good chase" ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••...
951 38 16
being pinned to a tree by a stranger (a handsome one at that) wasn't what i expected my vacation to begin with wanna know more about it start readi...
2.6K 69 11
Although orphaned at an early age, caused so much trouble for anyone who knew her, and was always moving onto the next place not caring about who she...
179K 7.2K 25
you know that girl who has the perfect life with friends and a loving family? You know the popular blonde with looks. Well I'm the opposite. with a b...