Doctor on the grid

By PoppySykes

Clara Horner is a hard working young MD living in London who happens to be the niece of the Red Bull Racing T... More

1. A hard day's night
2. Into the abyss
3. Cozy in the rocket
4. I don't care
5. Love me like you do
6. Can we pretend
7. Gimme shelter
8. Chasing the sun
9. Don't let me down
10. I wish you would
11. What I like about you
12. Take me away
13. High Hopes
14. Easier
15. Harder
16. Don't call me up
17. This feeling
18. Wanna go dancin'
19. Call you mine
20. C'mon girl
21. Rescue me
22. Burn the house down
23. I'm not alright
24. I knew you were trouble
25. Boyfriend
26. Another love
27. If I can't have you
28. Drown
29. Don't start now
30. Stay
32. One thing right
33. Good things fall apart
34. Karma
35. It's on us
36. Two hearts
37. More than you know
38. Waves
39. All this love
40. Love me now
41. Tokyo
42. My head & my heart

31. Love me less

2.6K 67 124
By PoppySykes

HIII everyone.😊 I'm so happy I finally finished this chapter. It was a tough one to write, mainly because I wanted it to be perfect.
Well it isn't. But hey, nothing and nobody is perfect. So, here you are... 😘

Next day I woke up late but well rested and felt to be in a good mood. I've realised how late it was when I saw Charles was already gone. It was past noon when he returned.

"Good morning ma belle," he smiled and planted a kiss on my lips. "I brought you breakfast," he put a bag in front of me.

I can't say I wasn't flattered when I saw the croissant and the coffee inside.

"Thank you so much," I started to munch immediately. "Don't you eat?" I asked him after destroying the first half of the pastry.

He grinned, and shook his head.

"No way, I had my protein shake in the morning and worked out with Andrea. He ordered me to maintain my diet no matter the spell of yours," he explained while he removed his training shirt and headed to the bathroom. My eyes sneaked to inspect his perfect figure, his sculpted abdomen and muscular arms.

"God, you make me feel being such a waste," I sighed.

He giggled while he shook his head and left to have a shower.

"You can always join me if you want," he said before closing the bathroom door.

I laid back in the bed and checked my messages while sipped on my coffee.

I was curious about Vicki and Jake, I was wondering if he asked her already to marry or he left it for her birthday. I bit my lip in excitement as I typed in my text to her saying happy birthday. She should call me when she feels like.

I saw that I'd got two unread texts, one was from Victoria telling me that I should be ashamed of myself to leave her at the party alone. I scoffed, because I was dead sure she had enough fun anyway.

The other one was from Daniel.

Where are you?

It was sent long after I left. I scoffed, and left his message unanswered. It wasn't like it was still an actual thing.

In any sense.

As we've agreed with the others we met at the pier in the late afternoon, so we'd get onboard and see the sun set over the horizon looking back at the city of Monaco.

Saying that Cate's uncle have a bigger yacht was an understatement. It was a huge one - and could accommodate over 20 people comfortably.

"Bonjour les gars," Charles greeted the hosts, Cate and Pierre were standing at the stairs smiling. "Merci pour l'invitation."

"You are welcome, have fun," Cate waved us to get inside. "Here is your room key, just get settled while we wait for the others," she handed me a key.

We got on the yacht and set to find our cabin to put down our bags. It was around the middle of the boat, and the inside of the room was also spacious and comfortable.

As soon as we've settled in, I heard some familiar sounds from the other side of the wall.

"Geee' man, that's what you call a yacht! Wow. Just wow."

Daniel.

"Yes, it's something."

Gosh I could see Max' so-not-amazed expression in my imagination. I snorted.

"Oh don't be an asshole, you can show me you're impressed."

"Well, actually my cousin..."

"Hello Max! Hi honey!" That was the point I rolled my eyes and continued my way to the bathroom.

I wasn't interested in listening to the conversation what included Daniela Romani, no matter what.

Soon, we heard a knock on our door. Charles got up from the bed and hurried to the door.

As he opened it, a surprised Max appeared. He blinked like he'd never expect Charles to be in the room.

"Hi," he mumbled. "Where are you hiding my doctor?"

Charles scoffed and didn't look like he wanted to step away from the door. I leaned out from the little bathroom, frozen, watching the scene unfold.

"Oh, I thought she is your friend," Charles answered in an arrogant tone.

There was a brief, but deadly silence, after which Max giggled sarcastically.

"Yes. The best," he put a heavy emphasis on his words. It sounded like it was time for me to finish my hiding.

"Well," I heard Charles speaking. "My girlfriend is in the bathroom."

"It's ok, I'm here," I put my hand on Charles' shoulder to calm him down a bit. The two guys looked at each other like two dogs ready to fight.

Gosh, sooo immature!

"Hey Max," I smiled at the Dutch stepping in front of Charles. He looked relieved, giving me a half smile.

"Finally. As much as I enjoyed chatting with your boyfriend, I wished to see you and not him. Come to talk?" He raised his eyebrows, stepping back to let me out. He clearly didn't want to be in Charles' presence.

I felt a hand on my shoulder before I stepped out.

"Darling, I don't want to be late from the dinner," Charles said with heavy emphasis, so it basically meant I shouldn't spend much time chatting with Max.

Well, we are heading into such a funny 36 hours!

"Hey," I smiled at Max as we were alone on the corridor. He leaned to the railing and looked at me.

"I swear I'll punch him one day," he let out a long breath, and seemed relieved to finally see my door close after us with Charles staying inside. "Why did you go home last night?" He asked out of nowhere as he turned to me with a questioning look. I blinked at him a couple times.

"Because I live there?" I chuckled lightly trying to not take the serious turn of the conversation. Sadly, I only got an eye roll in return.

"Cut the bullshit, Clara. It was your party as well. You worked so hard to make it happen, you should've enjoyed it," he sighed. I crossed my arms on my chest.

Yeah, I should have. But I didn't.

And it's fine.

Right?

"Did he call you home?" He tilted his head, lowering his voice as he was speaking about Charles. "I guess he hates that you are hanging out with us and have some fun," he accused the Monegasque.

"No," I hurried to protest. Sure, Charles hated I hung out with Max but it wasn't like he's ever forbid it to me.

"It wasn't like that," I continued with a sigh as the close memories from the night before flashed back to my mind. "I just.." I started, but the opening of the door next to ours made me stop.

Daniel and Daniela stepped out, holding hands while giggling like children. I catched Daniel's gaze for a second, and remembered his text - I was eternally grateful for not answering.

His Italian girlfriend giggled loud again as she saw us.

"Oh hi for the famous duo! Would you like to join us? We decided to have a drink or two with this bad boy here," she winked at Daniel and I immediately felt my stomach flip. It also was accompanied by a slight feeling of nausea.

"Well, I just couldn't stay. Maybe you now see why," I mumbled to Max quietly, and I walked back to our room after excusing myself.

A little later, when we changed and rested a bit we joined the rest of the group already partying on the deck of the yacht. Charles' hand slipped on my waist, and stayed there. I also felt his cologne engulfing me entirely as he hugged me. He always tended to be touchy but he kept me extra close since we left his apartment this afternoon.

"Oh here are the lovebirds!" As soon as Cate saw us she and her sister, Federica hurried to make some room for us on the sofa. The Masetti Zannini girls were extra nice, and we had a pleasant chat. They got on well also with Charles - they knew each other well from before.

I laughed about their shared stories, and had real fun.

"And did you hear about the one time we were in Macau with F2?" Pierre asked, already chuckling, not like Charles who turned white, all the blood disappearing from his face at once.

"Non," he said. "N'ose pas Pierre." From his voice, I could tell he didn't want to share the story, which made me giggle harder.

"Why not? It's funny!" Pierre asked.

"What's funny?" Lando came closer, hearing about something funny just coming up.

"Apparently, I have no idea," I frowned at them. Charles still shot deathly stares towards his friend preventing him from exposing the matter.

"Oh, is this about the one race where Charles pissed himself?" Lando asked innocently, but I bursted out in laughing. Charles looked at me with a guilty look and a red face.

"The race was soooo long!" he tried to defend himself, but everyone just continued to laugh at him.

Meanwhile Lando realised he exposed the story, and turned the same red colour as the Monégasque.

"Whoops," he smirked. "Sorry man," he looked at Charles, but he just waved him down.

"I'm out of here," Charles sighed a bit hurt, and said he goes and tries to find something for us to drink.

Soon, he returned with two gin and tonics and it was followed by a couple more until it was my turn to go to the bar. On my way out I saw Daniel was talking to Carlos, but on his side there still was Daniela hanging. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk, desperate to leave the scene.

I ordered the drinks from the bartender and turned to head back - only I nearly bumped into the Australian.

"Hi," he casually greeted me as if we just met after a long time. His eyes were cheeky as he grinned. I almost hated him for that, he looked exactly like he hasn't broken my heart several times recently. Or every time I look at him.

"Hi," I frowned. His grin somewhat faded as he saw his presence is maybe not a pleasant surprise for me.

"I," He started with a deep breath, somehow seeming to be a little lost. "I was searching for you yesterday. And you haven't answered my text," he mumbled.

I sighed, because I didn't want to bother myself with last night's memories - again.

Honestly, I felt like all the times I had a bit fun, reality bit my in the ass. No matter that it was Charles, Daniel, work or something entirely different, I had no escape. The thought of never being able to feel carefree and unbothered made me angry, desperate and sad at the same time. I grimaced.

"Yes, I know," I nodded, "I'm sorry," I said in the end shrugging. I saw his gaze getting darker, and his lips not smiling from his heart anymore.

"I see," he mumbled. "Care to talk?" He asked after a brief silence. He looked me in the eye with his brown orbs and I saw such anticipation I just couldn't say no - but god, I wanted to! So I sighed and nodded.

Well, I had no idea what he wanted to talk about, especially with his girlfriend probably watching us from a safe distance.

I followed him anyway, with my heart throbbing in my throat. He finally stopped at the side corridor of the deck, just a away from the noise and crowd. I've already had a few drinks - I also saw him drink some beer - but it certainly wasn't enough to improvise in such circumstances. I bit my lips as I turned to face him in the deserted, half lit corridor.

"So, why did you leave yesterday?" He asked simply, with his eyes - again - fixed on me. Now he was close, much closer than he needed to be.

Fuck.

His eyes were searching for answers, and I gasped - also searching for an answer.

Again, I couldn't lie to him.

"I didn't feel like staying," I admitted, and casted my eyes down. It appeared to be a fatal mistake - Daniel stepped even closer, and now he was barely talking, more like whispering in my ear.

"I loved your present," he said and I saw his shy smile even without looking at him.

"It brought up my best memories of the last month."

What he said surprised me so much I snatched up my head to look at him. Our gazes met and we stayed like this for a few seconds - or hours, I didn't really check the time. All I knew that I was lost in those brown eyes and that shy grin of his.

I knew he didn't exaggerate - despite winning races, having a new girlfriend and all in all being a world famous racing driver it honestly felt he really guarded our stupid memories as the most pleasant ones.

I felt my heart flutter in my chest, and my stomach sunk down to my pelvis.

Shit. I'm a mess.

What the hell are we doing anyway?

I took a deep breath.

"I'm glad you liked it," I said with a half smirk and little nod. I even managed to step a bit away from his spell. I sighed again, feeling a bit cold instantly as he wasn't that close at once.

"Hey," he reached for my arm as if he just woke up and realised I was ready to leave. "Are you going back?"

I bit my lips, because - yes, I was, Daniel. Before it was too late and I'd never be able to, never again.

"Clara," he continued, his hand still on my arm. I felt the warmth of his fingers again, sending waves of shiver up my spine.

He slowly slid his hand down, stopping hesitantly at the level of my waist. By the same time, his eyes darted from my eyes to my bitten lower lips. He himself took a deep breath again before speaking.

"I'm not sure I'll be able just watch you any longer."

His orbs were dangerously close now, still focused on my lips. His eyes were now deep, dark brown - almost black.

In the distance, I heard some noise of the party, but it was nothing compared to the sound of my own heartbeat.

I felt him leaning in - and I didn't make him stop. I gasped as his lips reached my left cheek, and he planted the most gentle kiss on my face. He took a deep, heavy breath before he continued to talk in a husky voice.

"I just can't, no matter what I do to take off my mind of you," he said so quiet I wasn't even sure I was hearing him correctly.

He squeezed my arms again, as he sighed painfully once again.

I closed my eyes automatically to feel his touch better, but I couldn't make myself to answer. I kept my eyes closed, and still felt his breath on my cheek and his hands on my arms. We stayed like this for a couple seconds more - neither of us wanted to leave.

"I think it's better if I go," he whispered.

I nodded hesitantly, shakily breathing in his scent once more, trying to preserve it for later, for more heartbreaking times.

He sighed again, this time a bit forced, almost angry. He slid his hands to mine, and squeezed my palm, then finally letting go.

I immediately felt the heavy pressure in my chest, and my eyes teared up as I was standing alone on the dark corridor.

Jesus Daniel - I thought as I looked at the direction of the party. Why did he think it was absolutely necessary to fuck up my feelings once more?

Damn, I had fun back there. I was just enjoying myself, but he had to drag me to a dark corner and whisper in my ear some profanities about his supposed affection for me. Then all he dared to give me a loosey kiss on the cheek. Then headed back to his girlfriend. Fuck him.

I wiped my teary eyes with the back of my hand angrily and scoffed.

He is just playing with you. He must be, but breaking your heart twice in 24 hours was more than enough.

I soon decided to end my misery and join back the party. Strangely, I didn't see Daniel for the rest of the night.

"Ma belle, come here," Charles scooped me in his lap as soon as I arrived back. I spent the rest of the evening with him, Pierre and Cate. We talked until late, then staggered to our room to have a couple hours of rest before the next day's tour on the island of Sardinia.

Next morning at breakfast the cheerful atmosphere remained - although I realised something odd. Max was missing, and when he turned up, he acted quite strange. Cheerful. Satisfied. Also, Cate's sister, Federica was missing, and joined us much later, only slightly later than the Dutch driver. I frowned, but decided to keep the observations to myself.

We docked at the pier of Alghero, a small but picturesque village in Sardinia. The sea was azure blue and crystal clear, but no matter how much I wanted to stay at the beach, I had to say Cate was right when she ordered everyone to join the little trekking tour she had in mind. That place had much more to offer than only its beaches and I was curious to explore all that could fit in that couple of hours.

"So," I smirked at Max when we were already hiking up to San Marco Cape.

"What?" He asked, a bit nervous, exactly as he had something to hide. I chuckled. He was such a bad actor!

"So, what did you exactly do between 3am and breakfast?" I pushed the subject.

He gave me a look, and the tip of his ears turned red instantly. I catched him steal another look to the direction of Cate's sister, then he turned back to me.

"Well," he began, but I waved him down.

"You know what, you don't have to say anything. It was more than enough," I smiled, and accepted his hand to help me take a bigger step on the way between the rocks.

"It was really nothing," he murmured after a while. "Just having some fun," he shrugged. I snorted and nodded.

I wanted to stick with Max on the way, but I felt Charles' eyes following us constantly. I thought it was OK to spend some time with my friend, as he was also having some fun with Pierre and Lando. Well, looked like we didn't think the same way.

Soon, Daniel jogged ahead and joined us.

"Oi guys," he smiled cheerfully. It would have been totally OK on a simple day in the paddock just before qualy, but after yesterday night, I frowned at him without saying hello. He must have seen my confusion, because a flash of an apologetic look appeared on his face before turning to Max.

"Mate, you disappeared last night so early," Max accused him, punching him in the shoulder.

"Ouch," he frowned, shrugging. "Yeah, sorry. I kinda wanted to clear my head a bit," he explained. "You know, away from the crowd," he added, but he was already looking at me again.

"Oh, give me a break Daniel!" Max scoffed. "You just had enough of that gorgeous girlfriend of yours."

Max' comment made Daniel blush, and it actually made him shut up as well. I didn't even hide that my lips curved to a nice, snug grin.

We've just reached the highest point, so we waited for the others to take a couple of pictures, and adore the spectacular panorama.

Soon, I was joined by Charles. He was touchy all day, and this time was no exception.

He walked to us, and gave me a long kiss on my lips. It was quite embarrassing, since I knew probably the others were watching. He wanted to deepen it even more, but I turned away.

"Charles, please," I mumbled.

"I know, I know," he sounded a little hurt. "Now, are you ready to accompany your boyfriend on the way down?" He asked, whispering in my ear, then giving a small kiss on my temple.

I gave him a small nod, and he guided me to the front, so we led the group down the mountain. Turning away, I had a glimpse of Max shaking his head at us, gesturing to Daniel.

"Listen, I try to respect your friendship - or whatever you have with them, but you can't ignore me all the time," Charles said as we were walking alone. He gave me a serious look, and squeezed my hand. "I love you too much to let go all the time," he smirked.

"In fact, I can't wait to get back to the jacht to be alone with you," he said and gave me another kiss. I just couldn't return it. I looked away and dedicated all my attention to the scenery.

Later, we all had lunch together in a small restaurant in the old town.

"Daniel, let's take another photo!" I heard Daniela's voice from the other side of the table.

"Wow, don't we have enough already?" The Australian asked the girl, who stood already up, pulling his arm to pose with her.

"Nooo," she insisted. "I'm sure Lando would take another photo right? Since Maxy didn't want to help us," She gave her phone to the young driver, who obviously wanted to have a chat with Isa, but he shrugged, and agreed.

"Sure thing," he giggled. "I'm more of a professional photographer than him anyway."

I had enough of this scene, but I saw I wasn't the only one. Max rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms on his chest, being on his phone and looked completely being bored by the events.

After lunch, we decided to head back to the beach, and spend the rest of the afternoon there.

I've settled down next to Victoria, when Charles also joined us.

"Clara, mi amore," he smiled and, gestured to his lap, inviting me to sit there.

I blinked. I didn't really understand why should I lurk around him all the time - and why was he this needy all weekend.

"Charles," I started, clearing my throat. "I'd just like to have a little chat with Victoria," I mumbled with a nervous laugh in the end.

I saw him wrinkling his nose, and get up grudgingly.

"As you wish," he barked, and walked away to join his friends.

"God, is he like this all the time?" Victoria asked, watching me from behind her sunglasses.

"Well, mostly," I grimaced. "Especially lately. This weekend he is extra clingy."

"I'm wondering why," she scoffed a bit ironic. I frowned at her with a questioning look.

Victoria removed her glasses and looked back at me.

"Clara, did you ever think about that Charles...," she was stirring her cocktail slowly while clearly thinking on what to say. "About that Charles is sometimes using you to get back at Max?" She asked. "And well, obviously Daniel, I think we can't ignore the elephant in the room much longer."

I blinked a couple times because I had never thought of that. Okay, I did, but never thought really that Charles would consciously use me for making others feel bad in any way.

He loved me in his own needy, romantic way, and just tried to grab every opportunity to show it.

"I don't want to read more into something that's not there. But you should think about that in this business psychological warfare is a good old way to make somebody win or lose a few races or a whole championship," she grimaced and sipped from her cocktail.

I averted my gaze to rest it on the sea and buried myself in these thoughts.

I was positive about Charles' overall good intentions towards me. But at the same time I wasn't sure Victoria was entirely wrong about him using our relationship for a little extra benefit.

"Clara, you'll get nasty wrinkles if you grimace this much," Max laughed as he and Lando walked towards us. They just returned from having a dip in the sea.

"I already got them, chaperoning you," I giggled back.

"Now, we were thinking," Lando started proudly. "We want to party today," he said, almost with a serious tone.

Victoria and I laughed out loud.

"Yeah, like that worked so well for you last time," Victoria snorted.

"Hey," Lando whined. "Don't bring that up!"

"It's OK mate, we've all been there," Max patted his shoulder.

"Yes, we were," I nodded. "So, what did you have in mind?"

"Nothing much," he shrugged. "Just chilling, music and some barbie," he giggled at the Australian word he must have picked up from Daniel.

"Good, I'm in," I smiled.

"Sure, except we do this all the time," Victoria murmured as she settled for a sunbathing session.

"You are incredible Victoria," Max barked at her. "Always spoiling the fun."

"I'm having so much fun little bro, you can't imagine," she giggled.

Later, as we returned to the yacht I could see that Charles was still upset because what I've said. I tried to make up, but he just turned away every time I got closer.

"Charles, please," I mumbled as he buttoned up his shirt. "I just wanted to have a little time away."

He scoffed ironically, like the way I hated the most.

"Yeah, and that only includes me, all the fucking time," he hissed, not even looking at me. I gasped at his swearing, because it was rarely he spoke that way.

I blinked at him, as he closed the distance between us.

"I don't know if you remember, but we are in a relationship, and it shouldn't bother you to be in my presence," he said, looking at me intensely. His eyes were full of hurt - it made me forget to breath. Then he kissed me hard, maybe to make me remember that I was his girlfriend. His lips were demanding, and harsh, teeth biting on mine. I sighed into the kiss, as the bitterness of guilt rose in my chest.

"Come, we can sit there," Charles guided me through the deck, to joint the company of Lando, Pierre and George. I followed him, and started to have a light chat with the boys.

The Red Bull drivers were nowhere to be seen, only around 10pm they came up to us.

Max sent me a message earlier to join them, but I had a feeling that speaking with the younger drivers about some Goat simulator and compensating Charles still would be more fun than watching Daniel and Daniela exploring each others' mouth - even if that meant ignoring my best friend and Victoria too.

When they finally came out I was glad with my decision. Max joined immediately Cate and Federica, squeezing himself between the two girls.

Victoria headed to the bar, probably to order another cocktail for herself.

For a second, my eyes were also caught upon Daniel. He rested his hand on the waist of Daniela, who was on her phone - it was no surprise, she was on her phone all day. Daniel's eyes turned to meet my gaze at once, making me freeze. He looked at me, then Charles, then our entwined hands. An almost unrecognisable shade of anger appeared on his face but he turned away before I could make sure I saw it right.

"Come on Clara, let's dance," Charles pulled me by the hand when the sun set and the atmosphere eased up, getting more people on the dance floor. He led me to the middle, and we began to sway slowly to the music.

"That's actually nice," I smirked, because I loved the song and Charles danced professionally, leading me with firm movements.

"See, it's not that bad," Charles whispered in my ear, and pulled me a bit closer.

For the next song, I saw Daniela dragged Daniel next to us, and even arranged his hand the same way Charles got his. I scoffed, and was desperate to turn away so I leaned on to Charles. I almost eased in to the position but with the next turn of our bodies, my eyes were met again their figures. This time, I saw Daniela kissed him, and he returned it quite enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes, and felt some nausea again. How can he? I scoffed - this time because I had enough of my own whining.

He's got a girlfriend, Clara. And seems like he enjoys the time spent with her. So stop being a masochist, and take care of that gorgeous boyfriend of yours. Fuck, million girls would kill for your place!

I sighed and blinked a couple of times - after which my eyes were met Daniel's. He watched me curiously, as he really wanted to see what was on my mind. I grimaced, and snuggled closer to Charles.

You can't do that to me Daniel. Not now. Please, I beg you to look away.

"What about we just go back to our room, hm?" I heard Charles' words in my ear.

Daniel was still watching us - well, mainly me -, so I nodded furiously, and let Charles led me off the dance floor, straight to our room.

Wonderful, it couldn't be more obvious that we are escaping the crowd to bang.

Two hours later I was still laying on my back, and was thinking about that day. Charles was fast asleep next to me, snoring lightly. I couldn't take my mind off what Victoria told me earlier, him showing off with me. And that thought was followed by Daniel's strange behavior. Our encounter last night made me confused as hell, especially after I saw him being closer with his girlfriend than before.

I didn't know what to think anymore.

I tossed and turned for at least another half an hour, when I decided to take a breath of fresh air on the deck. I didn't hear any noises from the outside, I assumed the party must be over. I walked to the corridor barefoot in my pijama. It was a bit chilly like this, but as I leaned to the railing I breathed in the salty, fresh air. I almost felt it clearing my mind as well as my lungs. It felt so calming I smiled into the darkness.

"Hi," I heard from the dark, and I felt my heart skipped a beat. I gasped, and turned to see who was lurking on the corridor this time of the night.

I saw a very tired Daniel step next to me. He also leaned to the railing with his side, and turned to me.

"Gosh, what on earth are you doing out here this late?" I asked, still feeling my heart racing in my chest. He laughed out.

He was drunk, just slightly. But he also looked exhausted. Haunted.

"I could ask you he same," he said simply, taking a glance at the horizon before looking back at me. "Why are you not with your boyfriend?"

It was my time to giggle bitterly.

"I could ask you the same," I mimicked his previous words. "I'm sure Daniela is already misses you like crazy," I rolled my eyes. I think it just became a reflex every damn time someone mentions her name.

"She's sleeping," Daniel mumbled, and took a step closer. "Why are you like this? Every time she's around you get annoyed," he continued to wander to those dangerous fields I'd never think by myself. Luckily, I had the instant answer at hand.

"I told you, she wrote that article about us - full of lies," I mumbled, but seeing his face made me stop. He was standing close, like real close. He had to look down to me, and I had to turn up my chin to face him.

"Yeah, you don't have to tell me, that made my life a fucking hell for a long time too," he said with a sad smile as he stepped closer again - which I thought wasn't even possible.

"What?" I asked as I had my breath trapped in my chest in anticipation.

"I was a mess, Clara. I was such a mess," he continued, his eyes were fixed on mine, and he let out another sad half smile. I grimaced, because I could feel his desperation.

"I'm sorry," it was all I could say. I wasn't even sure what were we talking about.

"Me too," he sighed. He rested his eyes on my features for a few second. Then, he lifted his hand, and put it on my shoulder. I felt it slightly shaking, as he slid it upwards, along the line of my neck. It was almost he waited for me to make him stop. His warm, shaky touch made me shiver, and I closed my eyes. He coupled my cheek, slowly caressing it with his calloused thumb. I heard him taking a deep breath.

This was the last thing I remembered, because the next was the feeling of his warm, plush lips on mine. I gasped, still not believing what was happening. But there was no turning back.

He kept my face close with one of his hand, and with the other one he swiped me to the most gentle, protective hug. I leaned to the railing, and gave my everything to mirror his moves.

He leaned to me, our bodies pushed together, and I gasped as I felt his heartbeat was matching mine's pace. He licked my lips, asking for more. I let his tongue slip inside, deepening the kiss, pulling him closer. The touch of his tongue was the moment I thought I'd moan loudly. Maybe I even did. I didn't really want to think any more. Or talk. I wasn't even sure if that all was really happening at that moment, but for a dream - it was amazing.

I only wanted to taste him, to have him finally close, and bury my fingers deep inside his beautiful, crazy hair. When we finally parted to catch on our breath, he looked at me with a clouded gaze, and a half smirk.

"God, mostly I'm sorry I didn't do this the first time I saw you in that elevator in Bahrain," he whispered before leaning in again, and continued from where we left off.

We didn't talk more, there was no need for that. I wrapped my hands around his muscular neck, and he swiped his hands along my side. His hands weren't shaky anymore, in fact, the knew what exactly were their job to make me feel losing my mind.

I don't know how long were we standing in that corridor, entangled in each other. I just sighed in our kiss again, when he leaned away at once.

"Shh," he whispered, and put his hand on my mouth. I looked around worriedly to see what or who've caught Daniel's attention.

Fuck, Clara, you've been here before. Do I never learn?

We saw a tall figure stealthing down the other half of the corridor, sneaking out from one room to enter another a few doors farther.

Daniel hugged me closer to his body - maybe to hide me, but after the figure disappeared he looked back at me with a confused expression.

"Whose room does Max sneaking in this late?" He frowned, but I only scoffed because I exactly knew.

"How on earth did you see it was him?" I asked. It was pitch dark, only the emergency signs were lit up. In the distance, the light of Monaco were recognisable, but still so distant they didn't help much.

"I got flawless vision," he stated proudly, grinning.

"It's Federica," I said simply. Maybe I got shitty vision, and wasn't able to exist without my contact lenses but I knew what was happening with my friends. Daniel's eyes opened wide in surprise.

"Fuck, I didn't know about them," he said.

"I don't think it's very serious," I sighed, because this just got me wondering what the hell were we doing at the moment. I was still hugging him like my life depended on it, and he was whispering from an inch from my lips. Before I could get to the end of the thought, he kissed me again, so casually like we did this all our lives.

No, we can't do this. No matter how fucking amazing is this, we can't. Just can't. Fuck.

"Daniel," this time I leaned away. "We can't," I murmured on his lips.

"Shh," he calmed me, and continued to kiss me completely undisturbed. I let myself melt into his arms for a minute while I gathered all my willpower to stop him once again.

"We have to stop this," I said, and tried to step away to emphasis my words. "We can't do this...," I replied. "To them," I sighed and gestured to the closed two closed doors just next to us.

I felt like he wasn't listening at all. He was too busy kissing and caressing me. I positioned myself to look directly into his eyes, giving him a look.

"Hey," he murmured, and began to plant the smallest kisses in my hair. I even heard him inhaling long, and it made my job even harder. "Just let me not think about reality for another minute, OK?" he mumbled, giving me a kiss over my collarbone after every word.

I shivered, and almost gave in. Actually, I'd have if his hand didn't slip up one half inch under my shirt. His warm fingers almost burned my skin.

Fuck, Daniel. One inch more, and I'm done. It will be the death of me.

"Right," he slowly nodded and released me. "You're probably right," he breathed.

"I should go back," I murmured, after giving him one last look.

He was watching me with his hands crossed over his chest, and I had the impression that despite his words we were not of one opinion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.2K 56
Anastasia Horner was a girl who loved art, she was the only one in her family who was so passionate about art. The rest of her family was only inter...
25K 922 21
"'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ⁱ'ᵐ ᵘˢᵉˡᵉˢˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵘᶜᵏ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈ" in which marla webber fights to prove herself irl x social media daniel ricciardo x fem!oc 2022 f...
132K 2.3K 66
Lydia Kincaid has lived a tough life. At the young age of 14, she found herself pregnant and disowned by her family. She does everything and anything...
87.4K 2.6K 31
She was Christian Horner's rebellious daughter, who had joined RedBull as a photographer. He was the team principal of Mercedes-AMG Petronas, who wa...