Dear Spencer Reid | 1

By matthewgooby

Y/n and Dr. Spencer Reid have been friends the moment she joined the team, but their interest in one another... More

0. dear spencer reid
1. new beginnings
2. lo mein
3. pretty please
4. working girl
6. sticks and stones
7. unspeakable
8. broken bones
9. self destruct
10. beautiful silence
11. mistaken
12. just like royalty (pt. 1)
13. just like royalty (pt. 2)
14. lights out
15. search party
16. last breath
17. kiss forever
18. always dreaming
19. secret's out
20. yes doctor
21. seven miles high
22. sudsy
23. just go with it
24. towel thief
25. what he deserved
26. comfortable
27. good girl
28. sticky situation
29. testing the limits
30. big girl pants
31. birthday boy
32. camera shy
33. pumpkin (pt. 1)
34. pumpkin (pt. 2)
35. dance me to death
36. bring her to vegas
37. words hurt
38. take my hand
39. work the case
40. you promised
author note

5. cereal killer

49.4K 796 3K
By matthewgooby

'Just friends' was beginning to feel like bullshit.

__
You tended to Spencer's bruised knuckles, attempting to survive his adoring gaze.

"You know, y/n, no one's ever done this for me before." The way he spoke brought color to your cheeks. 

"No one? Not even your mom?" He shook his head, and you tilted your head as you frowned.

"Nope. She was too occupied with herself. She would always tell me that I would need to learn how to take care of myself."

You bit the inside of your cheek and put a hand on his arm.

"I'm so sorry Spence... You clearly deserve better." He glanced at your hand, then looked up to meet your eyes.

His hazel irises were hidden by his dilated pupils, the light reflecting in them as he opened his mouth to speak.

"You think so?" His voice cracked. You had never seen Spencer on the edge of tears before. It made your heart ache.

You reached up and tucked a wavy strand of hair behind his ear and rested your hand against his jaw, caressing the side of his face with your thumb.

"I know so." His eyes shimmered and he smiled sadly, leaning into your touch. He looked so vulnerable to you right now, so damaged.

He had been through so much, from his childhood to the wrath of Tobias Hankel. All of it was in the past, but you could see everything beginning to surface.

Spencer suddenly collapsed into your arms, sniffling.

"Spence-.." Your voice quivered as you spoke, the state of his emotions having you close to a break down as well.

"Spencer. You are the most complex and absolutely breathtaking human being I have ever met." His head and torso rested atop your lap, his arms tightly wrapped around your waist. You ran one hand through his hair soothingly, the other rubbing his back.

"You're so strong all the time, Spence. You're always the one that stores away their feelings, and I need you to know that you don't have to do that with me." As you spoke, you heard heart-shattering sobs coming from him, muffled by your body.

He shook softly and his grip around you tightened.

"It's o-it's okay! You're okay now Spence-r." You leaned back into the corner of the couch and pulled him by the underside of his arms, lifting his head to rest on your chest.

You felt a few tears of your own fall from your eyes, and you took a deep breath.

"Breathe, Spencer. Just breathe and let it all go. You're here with me, now. That's all that matters." You pressed your lips against the top of his head, and moved your hand to his face to stroke his jaw again.

You heard him beginning to take deeper breaths, the shaking and sobbing slowly coming to an end.

"... Am- I.." He sniffed. "I'm okay?"

"You're okay now. You're doing great. You're doing so well." He tilted his head up at you, and you couldn't help but smile widely. Another tear rolled down your cheek and you let out a short breath. "You're perfect."

His lips twitched into a small smile, closing his eyes as you brought both hands to his face.

You dragged your thumbs across his cheeks and wiped away his tears, feeling his heartbeat quicken against your lower torso.

You continued to cup his face, slowly rising to a sitting position. You brought your legs beneath you and rested on your knees, your foreheads pressed together.

He moved his body so he was sitting with his legs out on both sides of you, his hands sliding down and holding your hips.

It felt like everything was happening in slow motion. You didn't quite understand what was happening to you, but every atom of your being felt emotionally drawn to Spencer. You leaned your head down and your lips met his, a different sort of passion soaring through your body.

The both of you melted in the kiss, and he wrapped his arms tightly around you, lifting you into his lap. You curled your legs around his waist and kissed him again.

This kiss lingered for several moments.

It felt like heaven. The kisses became slightly more fast-paced, but weren't anything like the other night. He gripped onto the back of your shirt and pulled his lips away from yours, gazing into your eyes. His fervent stare lit a fire in your heart.

"Would you like to stay.. The night?" You placed the tips of your thumbs on his bottom lip, and they slid down to his chin as he began to grin.

"Are you serious? I would lov- I would really like that."

You pursed your lips, trying to hold in a laugh.

"Hey, nothing is funny about my stutter." He narrowed his eyebrows playfully and pointed his finger in your face.

You held your hands up in surrender, giggling. "It's cute! I swear Spence." He licked his lips, deep in thought.

"Cute? I'm not cute." He crossed his arms. You rolled your eyes at his stubborn attitude and poked at his arms.

"You're adorable." You cooed, biting your lip and smiling as he chuckled.

"You're adorable."

"Stop trying to convince me, Doctor."

Spencer huffed.

"Then stop calling me cute."

You tapped your chin, as if you were actually considering to stop.

"You're still... Adorable. Hah! You can't stop me!" You untangled yourself from his lap quickly and ran away from him, hearing him yell behind you as he stumbled off the couch to run after you.

You swiftly sprinted into your bathroom and hopped into your stall-styled shower, hoping he wouldn't be able to see you, despite there not being a solid wall blocking the shower from the rest of the bathroom.

Oh god.

You attempted to press yourself against the corner of the shower, but leaned on the lever of the faucet. The shower flicked on and pelted you with hot water, and you yelped in surprise.

"Fff-God dammit!" You cursed, your whole body now sopping wet.

"Y/n?" Spencer called, wandering into your bedroom, following the sound of the shower.

"I- oh.. What happened here?" He raised his eyebrows, leaning on the wall adjacent to the shower.

"I may have accidentally turned on my shower as I was attempting to hide."

Spencer walked closer to you, and the water began to soak him as well.

"Spence?" You questioned, feeling yourself back into the tiled wall as he cornered you. He pressed the both of his palms on the wall behind you, his face now only centimeters away from yours.

You reached up and pushed his wet hair back, so you were able to see his eyes.

He began to laugh quietly, and then you joined in.

"What are we doing?" You licked your bottom lip.

"Wasting water, of course."

Of course he would say that, typical Spencer.

"Would you like to waste more?"

He didn't respond, instead he bent his head down and left kisses on your neck. You tilted your head sideways, a soft smile on your lips. The warm water ran down your forehead and dripped off of your eyelashes as you blinked.

Spencer began to unbutton his shirt with one hand as he untangled you from yours, tossing them behind him. You gasped softly as he pressed a kiss on your stomach and across your belly button, fiddling with the zipper of your pants.

"These.. Are very difficult to take off." He grumbled, his breath fanning your skin.

You chuckled. "And only moments ago, you told me you loved these pants. Here, I'll help."

You reached down and stuck your thumbs into the waistline of your pants. It took a minute, but the material finally slid down your legs. Spencer made sure to help you step out of them, his lips dangerously close to your core.

Before he stood back up, he kissed you just above the hem of your panties and below your belly button, making you shiver.

He was about to return to kissing your neck, but you stopped him, placing your hands on his shoulders. 

"Pants, Dr. Reid." He paused for a moment before he realized you were talking about his. Spencer unbuckled his belt and pulled off his pants, adding them to the pile of sodden clothing.

He turned back to you, dressed only in his boxer briefs, and a grin on his face.

"You know that we have to be naked to shower, right?" You were in the process of unhooking your bra.

"I know, y/n. I had to take a second or two just to look at you, though."

You blushed and smiled like an idiot, pushing one of his shoulders playfully.

"Pshh.. Okay, Dr. flirt." You teased, dropping your bra and panties outside the shower.

"Turn around." He bit the inside of his lip.

"Okay..!" Spencer held you by the shoulders and spun you around so you faced the wall. You were wondering why he wouldn't take off his boxers in front of you.

You heard him pick up something, and then pour it on your head.

"I just wanted to do this." He brought his arm in front of you and wiggled the bottle. "Are you okay with that?" He massaged the contents of your shampoo into your hair, his strong and large fingers covering most of your hair and head.

"Mm." You hummed with content. "That feels so nice."

You could tell how much he liked washing your hair. He spent about five minutes just kneading the shampoo in your hair. He disconnected the shower head from it's stand, and began rinsing out your locks, delicately washing it.

Spencer then picked up the conditioner, and poured maybe a little too much on your head.

He did the same massaging method with the conditioner, spending a few more minutes scooping up the excess off the curves of your body.

"Is it my turn to wash yours yet?" You asked, turning your head slightly to look at him. He had a very concentrated look on his face, raking his fingers through your hair.

"I'm almost done." He mumbled, grabbing the shower head again. You raised your eyebrows in amusement and patiently waited for him to finish rinsing your hair.

"Okay, there. Perfect." His voice perked up and he spun you around by the hips, pulling you into his chest.

"Hi." You looked up at him.

"Hi. Is it bad that I want to stay here forever?"

"What about our job?"

"Washing your hair is a lot of work."

You scrunched up your face.

"I mean the FBI, you fool."

"What FBI?" He grinned cheekily, and loosened his grip on you so you could begin washing his hair.

You poured some shampoo into your hand and began to work it into Spencer's hair, having a little bit of trouble due to the height difference.

"You would stay in this shower forever?"

He laughed quietly

"Not the shower, but maybe this moment."

You smiled fondly, pausing from washing out his hair.

"You would?"

He nodded, resting his hands on your hips again.

The both of you were now completely clean, so you reached behind yourself to turn the water off. He stopped you for for a second, and tilted your chin up. You closed your eyes as he kissed you softly, another kiss that gave you butterflies in your chest.

You slowly turned the water off, your lips still connected to his. You pulled away, taking a breath.

"So, what's for dinner?" You chirped twirling some of his hair with your fingers.

"Hmm.. I'm not sure. What are you in the mood for? Take-out, or should we attempt to cook something?"

You both burst out laughing.

Yeah, right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 4.1K 33
Fake romance between two coworkers at the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit possibly turns into a real spark. But can two people separate personal and b...
267K 4.4K 52
JJ confessed her feelings for Spencer. The problem is they are both already married. Will JJ's confession derail Spencer's life? Will he act on his...
358K 6.6K 49
You begin your job at the BAU looking for a new start. You create incredible bonds with the team members, especially with Spencer. After a while work...
4.9K 107 24
Agent Andy Miller doesn't expect to find anything more than a job she loves at the BAU but that all changes when she meets Dr. Spencer Reid. Everythi...