Marrying a Stranger (manXman)

By NS_silverlining

What would you do if a stranger say 'Yes' to you? Say yes to marrying you. Would you say 'Yes' too? or 'No'... More

Part 1: Where is Blue?
Part 2: Our love story
Part 3:Our love story (Cont.)
Part 4: The Unfaithful
Part 5: Heart-Ache
Part 6: What is the reason?
Part 7: Drunk and Tears
Part 8: It's Liam
Part 10: Thank You & I'm Sorry
Part 11: When is the date?
Part 12: Cancellation
Part 13: Family First
Part 14: Between Family & Love
Part 15: Meeting Him Again
Part 16: Dad, I'm Sorry.
Part 17: Coffee
Part 18: Plan B
Part 19: What is this feeling?
Part 20: Make up Stories
Part 21: Absolute decision
Part 22: A lunch treat
Part 23: Finding solution
Part 24: Sudden change
Part 25: Meeting Lockhart's

Part 9: Cancel It

365 14 1
By NS_silverlining

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel. 

Happy reading :)
..........

[Ayden POV]

Later in the afternoon, after I had done with the meetings, I returned to my office.

A bouquet of daisies caught me in surprise when I walked into my office. It was on my table.

In an instance, I called for my secretary; Cathy. And asked her about the bouquet.

"Yes, Sir Ayden? Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Who gives me this bouquet?" I asked while lifting the bouquet in my arm.

"Oh! That bouquet arrived this morning by delivery boy. I do ask him about the sender, but he said he doesn't know either. And, neither a card was slipped in the bouquet." She explained briefly.

I was calculating the possible person who would send me these flowers. I don't think a lot of people know that I favor daisies more than other flowers.

"Sir, there's no need to think so seriously about it. I'm sure it is from your fiancee." She commented more.

On the mention of Blue, somehow it triggered some of the past memory.

[Flashback]

It was the weekend when we decided to go on our first date. I thought I was the one who came early, but when I arrived at the cafe. Blue was already there with a smile plastered on his face waiting for me.

"I'm sorry...am I late?" I said.

"Not at all. It is just me who come earlier. No worries." He acted sweet as always.

Then, out of nowhere, he pulled out a small bouquet of roses from under the table before said, "For you."

And I took it with an open arm. "Thank you. That's so sweet of you. Sorry that I didn't get anything for you."

He chuckled and said, "It's okay. I didn't give these roses to you because I expect something from you. I give it because I wanted to and because it is our first date as boyfriends."

I was smiling all the way upon listening to his charms. I hoped that my cheeks didn't turn red at that time. Because if it does, it would be embarrassing.

I looked at the bouquet and couldn't help to smile.

It would be nice if the bouquet was filled with daisies. Daisy is more beautiful and sweet.

"Is there something wrong with the bouquet? Or you don't like flowers?" Blue asked me.

That question tho startled me. Is it obvious that I wasn't a fan of roses?

"No-there's nothing wrong. I love this bouquet and I do like flowers. It's just that I like daisy more than rose. That's all." I just told the truth, don't want him to misunderstand anything.

"Oh! I see. Only now do I know what you like and what you don't like. Then, next time I will only give daisy to you."

I plastered a smile.

[End of flashback]

"What the date is today, Cathy?" I asked.

"Urmm... it's 17th, sir."

"17th?"

What is the occasion? Why would he send these flowers to me? Is it the anniversary of our first date? Or the anniversary of the day he proposed to me?

"Sir? Sir? Sir Ayden?" Called my secretary a couple of times when I was indulged in my own thoughts.

"Yes, sorry."

"Is there anything else, sir?" She asked.

"Urmm. Yes, it is. I need you to call McKellen to meet me in my office."

"Okay, sir. Any other things, sir?"

"No, nothing. You can leave now."

"Okay, sir."

...............

[Blue POV]

"I'm just about to open the shop and you already show up. What's the rush?"

"Nothing, I just passed by and thought of having a drink."

"What's wrong with you, it's still early to get drunk.  Still stress over about the thing with Ayden?"

I crooked my brows and looked at J. "Who said I want to get drunk?"

"Just now you said that you want to have a drink."

I slipped a chuckle. "I don't mean that drink, J. I mean juice or tea or soda or plain water. You have it, don't you? The drinks other than alcoholic beverages."

She mouthing a curse word 'as*hole' at me before she left to get me a glass of drink.

"Here's your soda, sir." Said J when she put the glass in front of me on the counter.

"Thank you, Ms. Jacqueline." I mocked her back.

"Tell me the truth, Blue. What is it?" She asked still not satisfied with the reason I show up this early at her pub.

I heaved a hard sigh. "I'm fine, J. It's just that...I have to perform tonight and I can use this time to practice the song. Besides, I've got nothing to do at the studio. Gerry still didn't finish the editing."

"Okay fine. I believed you." She gave up on digging more into it.

And then, she left me at the counter to get her shop to prepare for the opening. Later, just after I finished gulping down the soda. I asked for another glass from J. And when she handed back the filled glass towards me, I told her about what I had done before I came there.

"I gave him a bouquet of daisies."

"Huh? What did you say?"

"Today is 17th March. The day that I saw him for the first time."

J found her hand in mine. She caressed it gently to give some support for me; without she said it verbally.

"You know what J, never once I ever forget the important dates of us. I remember every single detail of him. Even at night when I was about to fall asleep, I can still feel his warmth next to me." I put a pause and looked up to meet with J's eyes, who was looking at me with shady eyelids.

"Then...can you tell me how can I forget him?" The moment I asked that question, the beads of tears fall down my cheeks.

And I continued to talk about him. "And this morning, when I woke up...I kept on telling myself not to send him anything or wish him anything. I tried so hard to restrain myself not to send those flowers to him. But...I can't help it, J. I still do it, despite knowing it was a wrong thing to do."

J holds onto my hand and grasps it tightly. "Then, why are you still doing it? Despite realizing it, you still do it. Why, Blue? Why do you have to torture yourself like this? What is the thing that you try to achieve or to prove? You demand an answer to your questions, but I can't help you, Blue. Because I know nothing and I understand nothing the reason why you did all of this crap!"

I was stunned and retracted my right hand from J's grip to wipe the tears off my face. I need to cool down and not getting carried away with emotions.

"If you still love him so much...you should stop whatever f*cking plan that you had planned in your head. Stop torturing yourself and Ayden. I couldn't bear to see you like this, Blue." Her voice softened.

I carved a small smile and bid her a thank you before left towards the stage to practice for tonight's performance.

"Thanks, J for the soda. Just put it in my bill, okay. I will head out to practice." I decided to drop the topic and came to my sense before I slipped about the whole thing. It would be a disaster.

"Wait a minute, Blue! I haven't finished talking, yet!!! Blue!! Blue!! Sh*t, Blue!!"

.............
[Ayden POV]

A knock on my door welcoming McKellen into my office. And, just before I wanted to greet him nicely, he got on my nerves beforehand.

"Is there anything I can help you with, sir?" He spoke to me sternly and seriously like a subordinate talking to his boss.

And I don't like the way he is right now. I hate he put those gaps in between us.

"Can you stop talking like that with me? I know you're mad at me for not informed you about my whereabouts last night, but I do need my personal time too, Eli. I can't have you worried about me all the time, right?"

He didn't respond or arguing with me, instead, he just stood there like a statue.

Gosh! This old man can be quite stubborn sometimes. I don't know how Nancy deals with him whenever he sulks like this.

Later on, he took a seat on the sofa and unbuttons his coat. Looking so cool and calm, like he's not mad anymore. I just watched him closely without saying anything.

He was smirking and said, "Who said I'm mad at you?"

"You such a jerk aren't you, McKellen!! How come you pulled such a trick? I can't believe you, gosh!!"

And the episode of laughing begins. He always acts like that, and every time I would fall into his tricks.

I joined him on the sofa and he kept on giggling at me, whilst I was staring dagger at him.

"Okay-okay. I will stop. Oh! Come on, bro. I just wanted to cheer you up. You said yourself that you've been tensed, nowadays."

"Cheer me up? I think it's more to please you than me. See who is laughing here." I mocked him back.

"Alright! Let's wrapped this up, okay. Now tell me what are you calling me here for?"

The room turned quiet with both of us said nothing. Actually, it was me who didn't know how to begin with.

McKellen was right about one thing tho, his trick just now does help me to forget about my problem even for just a few minutes. But it does help to ease me, ease my heart and mind.

But now, I need to get back on track. I can't let this problem hunted me and my life. I need to settle it as soon as possible so that I can lead my usual life in peace.

"Do you see that bouquet on my table?" I asked McKellen.

And he directed his sight towards my table just after I told him. "Daisies?"

"Yes. And I believed it is from Blue. But, I didn't know for what occasion. I just can't figure out why he sent me those flowers."

"Isn't it is for reconciliation or an apology?" McKellen made a guess.

"That's what you think? I don't know whether it is true or not. And, I don't care what it is for. Because I have made up my mind."

McKellen was looking rather surprised and nervous to know about my decision.

"But, it wasn't a week yet. Are you sure about it?" He asked.

"What is the difference, Eli? Whether a week or a day or an hour... the decision is clear, and it won't change." I put a pause before continue.

"Besides, this wasn't the end. You said yourself that I can find any other better guys than him. So, it doesn't matter right if I choose to...end things with him."

McKellen was quiet and commented nothing about my decision when I was eagerly waiting for his view on this thing. I need him to tell me that I was doing the right thing.

Then, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and said, "Whatever you think is good for you, and then do it. I will always support you."

I was smiling happily upon listening to him.

"Thanks, Eli."

He returned a smile.

"And because of that, I need your help to cancel all of the reservations for my wedding."

"Everything?"

"Yeah! Everything of course. Since I'm breaking up with Blue, there will be no wedding anymore."

"Alright then. If you said so. I will settle it for you."

"Thanks."

..................

1449. Mon. 100820

#staysafe
#lets_fight_this_pandemic
#practice_good_hygiene

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 360 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...
177K 6.6K 27
↞↞↞♛↠↠↠ Everyone makes at least one mistake in their life; if you don't, you're not human. I just happen to be one of those people who make a lot of...
272K 16.3K 47
5 years ago, I lost my best friend. All because he confessed his feelings for me and I over thought things. I was left on my own only to realize too...
72.2K 689 10
I am his nothing but "NO...GET OUT!" I heard a laugh. I shivered. He was my hunter. I was going to lose but I would fight. "I want you to leave. I...