ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴᴇss ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sɪsᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ ʜ...

By Shoujo_Site

[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31 | END
EPILOUGE

13

38.5K 1.4K 412
By Shoujo_Site

THIRD POV

Viola smiled warmly at Violette, her sister who just arrived in that household.

Viola can tell that Astor is wearing his confused expression right now behind her as she chuckled by the thought.

"Y-yes!" Violette cheered loudly as she bowed without manners just like Viola expected.

Viola used to look at Violette in the past as she felt like ripping her and killing her off.

But now, Viola doesn't feel anything towards her. Her current heart felt peaceful.

"Violette, I hope we could get along in the future." Viola exclaimed wholeheartedly while looking at Violette. Violette just stand there without saying anything back much to Viola's confusion. ". . . Well then, let's meet tomorrow." Viola smiled as she passed her followed by Astor behind Viola who is still confused by the situation.

"Also," Viola stopped on her tracks as she turned her head to be greeted by Violette's violet eyes. "If you need anything or help, you can find me." Viola smiled gently making Violette's eyes widened in surprise.

"H-huh!? R-really!?" Violette asked excitedly with a wide smile.

"Of course. We are family after all."

After that, Viola turned back and headed towards her destination.

". . . That's my sister." Viola exclaimed without Astor asking her.

"S-sister?"

"Yes. . . Treat her well, she's been through a lot."

". . .Yes. . . (?)"

Viola chuckled by his confusion as she turned her head towards Astor and smiled.

-

"Licht." Viola called as she look at him laying down on the white ground lazily.

"What?" he asked lazily while closing his eyes, enjoying his sleeping time.

Viola approach Licht as she sit beside him. ". . . Are you really a natural guardian spirit?" she asked while looking at him curiously.

"I'm not."

Her eyes widened in surprise by his normal answer. "Really. . . ?"

". . . Yeah. I'm originally a human."

"Do you remember your life as a human?"

"I don't. Guardian spirits like us doesn't remember anything about our life when we're still human."

". . . Hm. . . I heard that having a spirit guardian to your magic is rare. Why spirits guardian like you are rare to a magic user like us?"

"I don't know but. . . he said that guardian and magic user are connected and have a very strong bond."

"He ?" Viola asked, confused.

He pointed upwards. "God."

Viola blinked, confused. But trying her best to be polite as possible.

"That means most of magic user have their own guardian spirits but it's not common?"

"Yeah. Because God said that Guardian Spirit is once a human that have a bond with their magic user. To cut it short, we gave up everything for someone special and ended up this someone's special guardian."

"Then, I wonder what kind of connection we have." Viola smiled warmly while looking at him. There are many assumptions.

How they know each other,

How did he became her guardian,

And what kind of bond they had.

She wants to know.

"How should I know? I mean, I lived for more than 1000 years."

". . . That's really long. . . Then what about the previous ones? Does spirit. . . got passed down? Like. . . your magic user before me?"

"It's not passed down. Spirit can die."

She look at him with wide eyes.

". . . Spirits will not vanish unless they completed something they have to do for that 'someone'. Whether it's to kill someone for them, to take care of them, or something trivial like making them happy. If spirit doesn't complete anything, they continue to live on until they completed it."

". . . Do you remember what do you have to do?"

"Spirit doesn't remember anything. That's the reason they lived this long. God should at least give us a hint." he shrugged.

He get up as his emerald eyes look at her violet ones. "But I do remember who I lend my power before you." he sighed deeply while scratching the back of his head while she look at him, confused.

"Well, it's a wonderful time for me. Thank you for answering all of my questions."

"Don't mention it."

Viola opened her eyes to be greeted by the familiar ceiling of her room.

She get up and ring the bell, waiting for the maids to come in and prepare her dress.

All of them are quite surprised that she's back home as she just chuckled by their expression.

"Milady, welcome back!"

She smiled back at them but her thoughts is somewhere else. "I wonder what kind of person Licht 1000 years ago before he became a guardian spirit. I wish he could remember it."

-

"Welcome back, Vio." Valerian hugged Viola followed by Edward and Carlos who greeted her.

Viola turned towards her father as she throw away all the politeness and hug him. He hesitated to hug her back but nonetheless, he hug her back.

". . . Welcome home." he welcomed her with a small smile as her eyes lit up.

She returned the smile with a warm smile of gratitude. ". . . I'm home."

Then, Viola turned her head towards Violette who is standing timidly beside them.

"Nice to meet you, Violette." Viola smiled at her, gaining everyone's attention as they turned their heads towards the two of them.

"N-nice to meet you too!" she quickly bowed nerveously as Viola notice that Edward is looking somewhere else, father is in a daze, Carlos is yawing, and Valerian smiled at me.

"You should told us that you're going back this fast!" Carlos suddenly exclaimed with his usual tone as his eyebrow twitch.

"I understand. Next time I will inform you, brother." Viola smiled gently at him making him freeze in his spot with a red face as he sigh and suddenly hug her making her surprised.

". . . You're so cute!"

Viola blinked twice, trying to process everything as she silently laughed.

"Hey, don't hug her tightly. She's not going to breath." Valerian warned Carlos while pulling him as Edward chuckled but he quickly cover it.

And the one who keeps quiet all the time is Violette. Viola understand her. She just came into the family.

When her eyes locked with her violet ones,

It's like the world stopped.

The feelings of dark magic, circling around Violette that Viola never seen before makes her eyes widened in surprise that made her slightly terrified.

Viola calm herself down by breathing steadily while glancing at Violette.

She is filled with dark magic.

"Viola?"

Viola eyes widened in realisation as she notice that they're still inside the living room.

"Why are you spacing out?" Carlos laughed at her as he patted her head.

Viola can only smiled by the warm atmosphere that she's too grateful.

-

"What business do you have in our Dukedom? School hasn't started yet." Carlos asked with a raised eyebrow making Gale sweatdrop as he scratch the back of his head nerveously.

"Where is Vio?" Gale asked nerveously making Carlos's eyebrow twitch.

". . . What do you want with my sister?"

Gale sighed deeply, knowing that this troublesome things will keep going even though he often visit the dukedom because he's Viola's childhood friends.

Damon and Edward doesn't mind it though.

But when it comes to Valerian and Carlos, it's a different story.

"I'm here to talk to her."

"I'll kill you."

". . ."

"What!?" Carlos asked while glaring at him with bulging eyes leaving Gale nerveous for a few minutes.

-

"Carlos is really crazy." Gale sighed, feeling like his heart would stop to beat any seconds. "We're the best of friends in school but he treated me like I'm his nightmare in this dukedom." he shrugged as he turned around the corner to find a girl with brown hair with her back facing him.

"A maid?" Gale asked to himself as he touch the girl's shoulder.

The girl turned around to be greeted by Gale's gold eyes by her violet ones.

Gale almost choke on air the moment he saw her violet eyes."V-violet eyes. . . !?"

He quickly let go of her shoulder as he put his right hand on the center of his chest, bend his back, and briefly bow his head.

"Forgive my rudeness." he apologised sincerely as he sweatdrop a bit. "Damn, I though she's a maid." he thought while keeping his eyes on the ground.

"A-ah, it's really fine." Violette said while looking at him.

Gale lift his head to be greeted by her violet eyes. He's too confused at the moment to process anything. ". . . Pardon for my rudeness but. . . who are you?" he asked curiously while looking at Violette.

Violet blinked, confused of his sudden outburst. "M-my name is Violette. . . Univers!" she introduced herself proudly with a wide smile making Gale raised his brow.

". . . There's something weird about her."  he thought while observing her without her noticing.

Wanting to fill his curiosity, he used his magic to obtain his answer.

His magic ability is Life Absorption.

Gale decided to pull out a really small part of her life to himself.

And when that little piece enters his body, his eyes widened in surprise as he can feel a great amount of pain running around his body that feels like someone is going to behead him.

"W-what is this piece of life!?" he thought while trying to hold back the intense pain.

Everything that surrounds him turned black.

"Sir?"

Gale's eyes widened in realisation as he look at Violette. ". . . Ah, I'm terribly sorry." Gale smiled apologetically. "I have an appointment with someone. Pardon me." he bowed politely once again as he continue to walk on the opposite side.

When no one is at the hall, his body gave in as he touch the walls beside him as his support.

"W-what's with that girl?" he asked to himself while clutching his chest.

"I simply absorbs piece of her soul and life. My magic is Life Absorption, absorb other people's lifespan and making them my own won't hurt me even the slightest, instead it will benefit me. But when I feel this great pain. . . If I feel this much pain . . ." he control his breathing and wipe off the cold sweat that is coming from his head.

"That means she shared her life with someone."

He get back up slowly, fighting back the pain.

"It's whether she's sharing her life with someone or that someone is sharing their life with her."

". . . This is complicated."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 52 10
I had a good life. I had a stable job at a famous cafe, and, met someone who I wanted to live the rest of my life with... But I was run over by a car...
59.3K 2.9K 56
I died because of a car accident. And when I opened my eyes, I couldn't move my body at all. 'Am I crippled?' Turns out that I didn't die, but I was...
135K 4.2K 17
Now that I think about it the name Lydia reminds me of something. Maybe from a movie or a book I have read before. I think my full name is Angeline L...
5.6M 302K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...