Black Lightning ~ A New Decade

By kamjaxson

This story follows Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) and his Wife (Lynn Stewart) & Daughters Anissa Pierce (... More

Chapter 1: Old Faces
Chapter 2: Building A Team
Chapter 3: Team Lightning
Chapter 4: The Book of Love
Chapter 5: The Book of Jealousy
Chapter 6: The Book of Acceptance
Chapter 7: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 1
Chapter 8: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 2
Chapter 9: The Book of Epiphanies ~ Part 3
Chapter 10: The Book of Change
Chapter 11: The Book of Ownership
Chapter 12: The Book of Vengeance
Chapter 13: The Book of Strength
Chapter 14: Family Reunion
Chapter 15: Making Deals with the Devil
Chapter 16: Escorting A Frenemy
Chapter 17: Spilling Secrets
Chapter 18: Home Invasion
Chapter 19: Blue Eyed Freaks
Chapter 21: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 22: Death Do Us Part
Chapter 23: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 24: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 25: Finale ~ Part 3
PSA

Chapter 20: Chip Overload

117 8 0
By kamjaxson

"Wait so Gravedigger has TC?", Jeff asks.

"Unfortunately", Gambi replies.

"Then we have to go save him", Brandon states.

"Agreed", Jenn chimes in.

"No need I'm right here", TC says walking in.

"TC are you okay", Gambi says walking over and examining him.

"Yeah I'm fine, Gravedigger mind wiped the five us to send us on these little missions, there's was to go and attack the most important members of the team, mine was to come to him and tell him all of our little secrets but I escaped before he could get me to say anything", TC replies.

"Most Important, but Erica attacked Jenn, not me", Jeff says to TC.

"Really!", Jenn says.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean it like that", Jeff replies.

"He didn't send anyone to attack you because he wants to do it himself and as far as the strapping down over there you can let them up it was a 2 Hour mind wipe", TC states.

Jenn, Brandon, & Jeff begin unstrapping them.

"Well I gotta get going I didn't get any sleep last night and I wanna go check on my mom", Jenn states.

"Sorry about that again", Khalil says.

Jenn side eyes Khalil then walks out.

"I think everyone should get going and get some rest", Jeff replies.

Everyone starts moving out the door to go home.

"Gambi call us if any missions pop up", Jeff says walking out.

Back at the house Anissa is sitting on the bed wiping Lynn's face with a cold rag. Some of the green veins have disappeared but a few still remain. Jenn walks up with Jefferson following her.

"How's she doing", Jeff asks.

"She's healing well but she's having severe sweats and shortness of breath, Khalil really did a number on her, mom almost didn't make it", Anissa replies.

"Yeah I know", Jeff states.

Jenn walks over and leans on the wall.

"It's all my fault", Jenn says quietly.

"Baby girl what'd you say?", Jeff asks.

"I said its all my fault, from day one y'all have been saying Khalil doesn't need to be on this team because he's a danger to us all, but I constantly kept defending him and now look", Jenn says pacing.

"Hey! Hey! Jenn look at me", Anissa starts.

Jenn stops pacing and stares at Anissa.

"This is not your fault this is Gravediggers fault and every shitty thing that has happened to us is because of him, so if you want to blame anyone blame him", Anissa finishes.

"Thanks, I needed to hear that", Jenn replies.

"Okay girls lets give your mother some rest", Jeff says standing up and walking towards the door.

Jenn walks over and pulls the blanket over Lynn and kisses her forehead.

"I'm so sorry this had to happen to you", Jenn whispers walking out.

"Y'all want to do something to pass the time", Anissa asks.

"Sure, anything but watching TV, if he controls one of us the whole team is going down", Jeff says.

"I was thinking some Spades", Anissa replies grabbing the deck of cards and going to the kitchen table.

A few hours pass by and they are finishing up their 20th game.

"One more round?", Jeff says.

"Aren't y'all tired of spades", Jenn asks.

"Nah it's 10 for 10, next winner wins it all", Anissa replies.

Just then all of their watches start beeping.

"Its a mission alert from Gambi, we got to go", Jeff says standing up.

They walk towards the door, about to leave out when Lynn comes walking down the stairs.

"I'm coming", Lynn says.

"No your not, you need your rest", Jeff replies.

"I need to get to the sanctum I have a vaccine there that can speed up the recovery process", Lynn says.

"Is it Greenlight?", Jeff asks.

"Jeff I'm not gonna lie to you but I'm also not gonna stay here, if y'all walk out without me I'm gonna walk to the sanctum by myself", Lynn replies.

Jeff hesitates for a moment then gives in.

"Okay let's go", Jeff says throwing a blanket over Lynn and leading her out the door.

When they arrive at the Sanctum only half the team is there. Gambi and TC are looking at a facility on the monitor.

"Gambi where's the rest of the team", Jeff asks.

"They're on their way but Lynn you should be at home resting", Gambi replies.

"That's what I told her", Jeff states.

"I'm fine, I have a vaccine that will speed up the recovery process", Lynn starts.

"Well your lab door is open", Gambi replies pointing to Lynn's Lab.

Lynn walks over to her lab. Just then Khalil, Dionte, Grace, Erica, and Brandon walk down.

"What's the urgent mission?", Dionte asks.

"Ok now that everyone is here, TC found a facility where they have a weapon strong enough to penetrate Gravediggers skin, it's a cloaked facility which is why we couldn't find this sooner", Gambi replies.

"Well how did he find it this time", Jeff asks.

"He asked around the database and they told him what he needed to know", Gambi replies.

"Well okay then let's go retrieve the weapon", Anissa says.

"The only problem is the building is so cloaked that we can't pin point the location for a long time so TC would have to lead you guys there", Gambi replies.

"So TC's going to become a field agent", Jenn replies.

"Just for today", TC states.

"Well let's get going", Grace replies.

Everyone starts to move out the door following TC.

When they get to the building there's bars on the front door. Anissa walks up and rips them off.

"Jeff, Jenn, & Dionte give me some light", TC says.

They hold out their hands making Lightning and Fire Balls. As they move down the dark tunnel, it just gets darker and darker.

"Uh TC you're sure we're going the right way", Brandon asks.

"Yeah it's right through this door right here, but it has an invisible firewall and if my chip goes through it, it could kill me, you guys are gonna have to go in without me", TC replies.

The team goes through the door and begin looking around for the weapon when they realize it's not in there.

"TC I think they got the weapon locked up somewhere else because it isn't in here", Jeff states.

"Nah, you guys are the ones that locked up", TC replies.

"Wait What are you talking about", Jeff asks.

"Well this was never a facility that had a weapon to penetrate Gravediggers body, It was a facility which I led you guys too to eliminate you all, remember Gravedigger and his missions, well this is mine", TC replies shutting the door to the room

Anissa tries to break through the door.

"Don't bother this room has a non use of powers cloak", TC says, "In a minute this room will start feeling up with water and you guys will die a slow and painful death, now as for Lynn and Gambi they shouldn't be to hard to eliminate".

"TC you don't have to do this, fight the mind control", Erica replies.

"Oh but I do", TC says walking out of the building.

Just then the entire room starts feeling up with water. The team exchanges worried looks.

Back at the facility, Gambi is pointing his gun at the door and waiting for TC to come in. TC bursts through the door.

"TC please don't make me do this", Gambi says.

From a distance, TC squints his eyes and the gun goes flying ones way and Gambi goes flying the other way. Gambi hits the wall and begins coughing. He begins standing up.

"How did you do that?", Gambi asks finally standing up.

"See there's a lot you don't know about me, y'all think I can just control computers but when I try hard enough I can control any and everything, and a little birdie named Gravedigger finally brought that out of me", TC says.

"Gravedigger didn't bring it out of you he out if inside of you", Gambi replies.

"Who cares I was just sent to eliminate you all, so this is gonna be one hell of a exciting night, are you as excited as I am", TC asks.

"Ecstatic!", Gambi says squaring up.

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985 90 22
This book will follow Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning) as he goes back to protecting Freeland against 2 New Drug Cartels ran by Meta Humans. While...
2.7K 146 25
This story will follow Jennifer Pierce (Lightning) and Anissa Pierce (Thunder) as they protect the city of Freeland from new threats. With the help o...
1.2K 77 20
Following the events in Book 1, the Outsiders try to navigate life, while protecting Freeland from a Anti-Government known as the Militia. All while...
117K 3.3K 30
Emeline Rivera has done the same things since practically the moment she was born. Wake up, go to school, hang out with her friends, spend time with...