How'd You Get This Number? (O...

By my_favorite_natasha

15-year-old Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man (but no one knows that yet), finally tries to tell MJ he likes her... More

Intro
The Beginning...
Sticky Notes and Awkward Confessions
Getting to Know Each Other
Meeting the Fam
Ouch
Bored
The Test
The Field Trip
The Field Trip Pt. 2
Are You Winning, Son?
A Few Adjustments
*insert clever title*
Pick-up
The Internship
Get a Load of This Guy
The Plan
Shawarma
Visitor Part 1
Visitor Part 2
Einstein
Struggles
Worry

The Test Pt. 2

7.5K 271 709
By my_favorite_natasha

(A/N **Trigger warning: bullying + homophobia **

Also, to clear up any confusion, here are the names of each Avenger in the chat.

Mr. Fe - Tony Stark bc Fe is the symbol for Iron in the periodic table

Mrs. Fe - Pepper Stark

Ms. Scarlett - Natasha Romanoff bc one) Scarlett Johansson (she may or may not have broken the fourth wall, but ig we'll never know) two) Scarlett for the Red room and her red hair

Artemis - Clint Barton, bc Artemis is an archer in Greek Mythology i believe (dont ask me why he doesn't have a mr or ms, he just doesnt, he's still a man, he just doesnt have a mr. here bc thats what peter did, idk. just the author who cant think of an excuse :)) )

Ms. Maxine - Wanda Maximoff bc her last name

Mr. Sparky - Thor Odinson, its a reference to Ragnarok

Mr. Flag - Bruce Banner bc Banner .>.

Mr. Antony - Scott Lang

Mr. Steve - Steeb Rogers

Mr. Snow - Bonky Barnes bc Winter Soldier

Mr. Riley - Sam Wilson bc of his old friend, Riley. RIP

Mr. Colonel - Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes 😎

kk i think thats it. Happy reading!!)

Tuesday afternoon

Peter's POV

**T/W**

I was last to leave for lunch when I heard Flash yell for me.

"OI, PENIS!"

Seriously, he couldn't think of a better name to call me? I sighed and walked to where he was leaning by a locker.

"What, Flash?"

"You know the drill."

"You're seriously one of the richest kids in the area, why would you want MY money?" I asked while I dug out the two dollars I had in my pocket.

"Because you need to be reminded that you don't deserve anything. You are too stupid, poor, and worthless to even breathe. No one cares about you, penis. That's why your parents and uncle died. BECAUSE OF YOU. They couldn't stand being related to you. Death was the only way out. Do you understand, Parker? NO. ONE. WILL. EVER. CARE. ABOUT. YOU. EVER. Even your idiot "friends" think you're a freak. They're right, you know. Even THEY are better than you. No one loves you, you f*g (A/N peter do be bi). No one ever will." He shouted all while beating me up.

"And don't even think for a second that you did better than me on the test. I scored the highest, I always do." It took all my strength to not laugh. I just started coughing.

Even though Flash isn't exactly skilled, he can still hurt someone that is defenseless. In this case, that is me.

Finally, he spit on me and left to go join his gang of wazz-bags. And I just limped to the bathroom to see how I looked.

Broken as ever, Pete. I choked on a sob, but I couldn't cry. Not here, not now. I just washed my face and limped to the cafeteria. At least I wasn't visibly broken.

***End T/W***

By the time I got there, lunch was almost over.

"Hey loser, you get lost in the library again?"

"Yep, I just couldn't help myself. I found a book on gamma radiation by THE Bruce Banner." Not a total lie, I've had that book for weeks, but they didn't need to know that. Mr. Lee was kind enough to let me keep it.

"Wow, that's so cool!" Ned kept on geeking out about Dr. Banner for about five minutes when our principal, Mrs. Alderidge, called for our attention.

"Midtown!! You all remember the weird test you took yesterday, right?" We all nodded.

"Well, I am here to inform you that that test was to see who might be eligible for an internship at Stark Industries!!!" She proclaimed. "Your teachers told you that there would be a reward for the top two students, and that reward is one, a tour of Stark Industries and the Avengers Tower on Friday, and two, a chance to prove your worth by making your very own A.I.!!!!" We were all very excited. Well, some of us. MJ was almost asleep.

"Now, those two people who scored the highest are... drumroll please..." Most of us stomped on the ground as if it were a drum, but Flash was staring at me, awaiting my disappointment. I had already accepted the fact that I wasn't going to get chosen, but maybe... just maybe...

"Flash Thompson..." His goons were howling and he just sat there, looking smug.

"And Peter Parker!!!"

...

w h a t

Everyone's eyes were wide open and it was quiet until I heard clapping.

Ned and MJ were standing up clapping and shouting, "THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!" and "WHOO, YOU GO BABY! YEAH!"

I was shooketh, yet again.

Flash was glaring so hard at me, I thought he was going to explode. If looks could kill, I would be dead, squared.

My principal stood there, looking very excited.

I had the widest smile on my face.

>_<

Tony's POV

I was pacing around Pepper's office, waiting until 3:00 so I could text the kid. I knew that today would be the day when each school announced the people who get to go on the tour and compete for the internship. I really hope FRIDAY made the right decision when she graded them. The two from Midtown were these kids named Eugene Thompson and Peter Parker. I can't bear to wait any longer. I need to know if The Kid was one of them.

Ding Dong Ding Donggg

Ding...

Ding...

Ding...

The clock struck three, and I grabbed my phone, sprinted to the living room, and plopped on the couch.

Mr. Fe

Hey, Kid! How was school today?

Mrs. Fe

Please answer, he's been waiting VERY IMPATIENTLY for 3:00 so he could text you

Mr. Fe

b e t r a y a l

The Kid

Awww i missed you too! <3

Well, I'm pretty sure I nailed my English test today!

Mr. Fe

That's great, kid!

Im proud of you!

Mr. Antony

Yet you STILL keep refusing to join the dad squad, Fe.

Artemis

Yeah, you can't have moments like this and NOT join in -_-

I MEAN WE HAVE T-SHIRTS AND EVERYTHING

ITS SO COOL

Mr. Antony

Why won't you joinn???

Mr. Fe

CHANGING THE SUBJECT

What else happened today, kid?

The Kid

Welll...

REMEMBERTHATWEIRD,THICCTESTITOOK?WELLIFOUNDOUTTHATIQUALIFIEDTOTRYOUTFORANINTERNSHIPATSTARKINDUSTRIESSSSVVJFJDUSGSGIBDGS

ISN'T THAT AMAZING?!?!?!?

Mr. Steve

Maybe

if i could read it

THANK YOU FRIDAY!!! HE'S ONE OF THEM!!!

Mr. Fe

That's awesome, kid!!

I couldnt be prouder :D

The Kid

:D

Mr. Flag

Is it just you?

The Kid

Well... no

It's me and my bully...

Mr. Fe

WHAT.

Ms. Scarlett

YOUR WHAT?!

Mr. Sparky

WHOM DO I HAVE TO STAB, CHILD?

Artemis

Wow, didn't think you had it in you, Sparky O_O

Mr. Sparky

TERRIBLY SORRY, MY BROTHER STOLE MY TECHNOLOGY BOX

BUT I HAVE TO SIDE WITH HIM ON THIS ONE, BOY

Mr. Colonel

You mean phone?

Ms. Maxine

Can we get back to the subject, please

OUR KID IS BEING BULLIED

The Kid

It's fine, I promise!!

I'd rather he do it to me, and not someone who couldn't take it

Mrs. Fe

Kid, you are too pure for your own good

Ms. Scarlett

I still need a name.

The Kid

He forces people to call him "Flash" but his name is Eugene ._.

happy now?

Mr. Fe

I'm filled with joy, kid :)

When I'm through with him, he wont dare to even breathe in your direction without wetting himself

Mr. Snow

Oop-

hes on a dad rageee

The Kid

Oh no.

Well uh, I have to go now

I'll ttyl!

Bye guys <3 :D

Mr. Fe

Bye, kid!!

So... Peter, huh?

Looks like I have to be making a few arrangements...

>_<

Wednesday Morning

Peter's POV

I

woke up and went on with my normal daily routine. May was awake when I finished her breakfast. I was terrified to tell her about the program.

"Good morning, Peter." She said in a monotone voice.

"Good morning, ma'am." I replied softly. It was quiet until I finally got the courage to speak.

"May?" I started. She looked at me, raising her eyebrows as a sign to continue.

"Uhh so my school made everyone take this weird test on Monday, and I found out yesterday that since I scored one of the highest grades, it meant that I get to take a field trip to Stark Industries on Friday... and that I qualified to try out for an internship..." I drifted off and handed her my permission slip. I was scared that she wouldn't let me go.

"Very well. If it is mandatory, you may go." she signed the paper and handed it to me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank you, May." I took the slip, put on my backpack, and headed for the door.

"Oh, and Peter?"

"Yes'm?" I looked back at her.

"You do know that you won't be accepted, right?" I looked down at my feet.

"Yes, I know."

"Good. Now, don't be late, Peter."

"Bye, Aunt May." I closed the door, paused in the hallway of the apartment, and did a shaky breath.

I wiped away a tear, and went on my way.

A/N So sorry about the late update, as you can tell, it was a longer chapter to write.

I've had kinda a cold, lately, NOT CORONA, THANK LOKI, but I've been trying to work on updates and such.

Thank you so much for all of your support! I love you guys so so much!! Have an awesome rest of the day/night!! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 206 19
You are 12 & Peter is 16, you're peter's little sister. Peter is taking care of you cause aunt may passed away 11 months ago. The avengers don't know...
391K 17.5K 96
Tony Stark had lost his son when he was only 2 years old, stolen away in broad daylight. Years later, his path crosses with that of a particular vigi...
343K 12.8K 50
"Pepper, all my life, every moment of it, I've begged for this. Nothing ever made me feel more desperate than losing my own son. I finally know what...
146K 2.3K 50
Mainly Irondad and spiderson but will still include the others. Characters include: Tony, Peter, Ned, MJ, May, the other avengers, Loki, Flash, Morga...