His Dark Obsession

By sanamirza21

Ian meets Tara at a club. To his dismay, so does his friend. Tara ends up falling for Jake and Ian can do not... More

Chapter 1: Friends in Need
Chapter 2: Locking Eyes
Chapter 4: Stuck on You
Chapter 5: Sweet, Hot Dreams
Chapter 6: Butterflies
Chapter 7: Attraction's a Bitch!
Chapter 8: Chance Encounter
Chapter 9: Reflections
Chapter 10: Home
Chapter 11: Flowers and Weddings
Chapter 12: Possibilities
Chapter 13: Moving Forward
Chapter 14: Wounds
Chapter 15: Ensuing Trouble
Chapter 16: Merriment and Resolution
Chapter 17: The Red Dress
Chapter 18: Climbing to the Top
Chapter 19: An Unfathomable Mystery
Chapter 20: A Moment to One's Self
Chapter 21: Trance
Chapter 22: Just Friends
Chapter 23: Hot and Bothered
Chapter 24: Self-Reproach
Chapter 25: Perturbed
Chapter 26: Guilty as Sin
Chapter 27: Something in the Air
Chapter 28: Coaxing a Confession
Chapter 29: Coaxing a Confession (Part 2)
Chapter 30: Dark, Wild Desire
Chapter 31: Introspection
Chapter 32: Convoluted Craving
Chapter 33: Bloom and Blossom
Chapter 34: Liquid Lust
Chapter 35: Toil of the Blameworthy
Chapter 36: The Young and the Restless
Chapter 37: A Day in the Life of Jake Cada
Chapter 38: Suspicion
Chapter 39: Spent
Chapter 40: A New Acquaintance
Chapter 41: Gratification
Chapter 42: What You Do to Me
Chapter 43: A Gun and a Note
Chapter 44: Phone Records
Chapter 45: The Chaos of the Chase
Chapter 46: Bidding Adieu
Chapter 47: A Little Piece of Heaven
Chapter 48: Euphoria
Chapter 49: Red Herring
Chapter 50: Evil Befalls
Chapter 51: The Montauk Monsters
Chapter 52: A Fickle Man
Chapter 53: All of My Heart
Author's Note

Chapter 3: Medicines Often Do the Trick

1.5K 48 3
By sanamirza21

"How bad is it?" Tara asked with concern as she saw Rachel walk out of her bedroom.
"Oh, it's bad Tars, it's awful." Rachel replied looking every bit as sick as she felt. "I think I am going to puke."
"I should make you some tea? Maybe an Advil will help...." Tara retrieved the pills from a kitchen drawer.
"Try two!" Rachel suggested weakly.
Tara took out two pills and put them in her friend's palm and then she handed her a glass of water.
"Thanks." Rachel quickly gulped down the water and the medicines, fearing another wave of nausea coming up.
Tara witnessed her friend's haggard appearance; Rachel's eyes had serious dark circles underneath, her face looked unusually pale and her hair and clothes were disheveled. Tara decided to let her friend know that her self-destructive behaviour needed to end. "This has to stop, Rach. You are going to make yourself seriously sick if you continue down this path. He is not worth all this heartache. It is time, Rach. You have to try to move on."
A tear trickled down Rachel's cheek, "Tara, this is so freakin' hard! You have no idea! I thought that when I married, it was going to last forever...turns out forever only lasts two years!"
Tara reached out and hugged her friend,  "I won't pretend to understand what you are going through, but if I have ever seen anyone pulling themselves out of a difficult situation, it is you! You have done it before and you can do it again and you have my complete support. Time will heal these wounds...but for now, you need courage, you need to pick yourself up. And I know you can, Rach!"
Rachel wiped the tears off her face, "You are a gem, you know that, right?"
"Yes, I am quiet aware." Tara smiled and winked at her friend, as Rachel left her embrace. "I don't want to see you crying now, ok?"
"Yeah..." Rachel sighed and then fell silent for long minute. "...Did you meet a guy last night?"
Tara held back her giggle, "I am shocked that you remember any part of what went down last night."
"Don't be a wisecrack! You did meet a guy, didn't you?" Rachel inquired, suddenly curious. "I remember a handsome face, with shockingly blue eyes!"
"Man, do you know how to describe the opposite sex, no let's say 'objectify' not 'describe'." Tara laughed with abandon.
"Tara Marie Jones, you will not be coy with me. Spill the beans...immediately!"
"Ok! Ok! Yes, I did meet someone. And yes, his eyes were blue, but not the hypnotic blue you are describing...he was handsome though." Tara blushed a little as she described Jake to her friend. She concluded that the hypnotic blue eyes Rachel was referring to belonged to Jake's friend.
Rachel gave Tara a half smile. "Go on, don't stop on my account. I am fully immersed in this conversation."
"What do you wanna know, Rach?"
"Ok, now, lemme see...what did you guys talk about? Was he into you? Are you going to see each other again? Lots of questions come to mind!"
"We talked about the usual stuff. He seemed to be into me...he said he'd call." Tara felt like a school girl crushing over the jock in her class.
"This shows promise!" Rachel beamed with positivity.
"You think?!" Tara asked, feeling unsure.
"I know!" Rachel remarked with sheer confidence.
Tara relaxed a little knowing that her friend was finally thinking of something other than her horrible ex. She didn't want to say anything to Rachel, but she was hoping Jake would give her a call.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

A Hero's Secret By jen

Mystery / Thriller

125K 6.3K 33
[Ambys 2022: Mystery/Thriller Winner] Discovering a dead body just minutes from her cottage in the trees is the last thing Dray Dinley expects upon m...
22.1K 3.7K 61
[The Wattys 2021 Shortlisted Finalist] One case, two detectives, three friends, and a thousand emotions. Sometimes nothing is a coincidence, but th...
4K 302 36
In the town of Deval, Sonia, and her friends intended to attend the wedding of their closest friend's older sister before going back to their regular...
1.9K 113 104
I never knew that the closest person to me could deceive me. Erika has gotten into an accident with her fiance. After, a year of grieving she moves...