ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

By PhoenixCorner

My whispered words trail to a halt Her sobbing muffled by the wind Beneath our faithful trusted tree Conceale... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS
POURING THEIR HEARTS OUT- PART 1
POURING THEIR HEARTS OUT- PART2
REGAINING CONTROL OF MY LIFE
ACCEPTING AND MOVING ON
KILLING HIM WITH KINDNESS
I'M SORRY NANDINI
ACCUSED BY MY LOVE
NANDINI ROARS
ANIKA PLEASE COME BACK
THANK YOU NANDINI
THEIR MEET?

V's SURPRISE TO NANDINI

862 89 32
By PhoenixCorner

Hi!

Hope you all liked the story so far. I would appreciate it if you all could stop being silent readers and start voting and posting comments. Next chapter will be posted only after I see some positive response in this story.

I will talk to you all in the next chapter, till then HAVE FUN READING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NANDINI P.O.V

As Manik and I went inside the principal room, I saw four more students standing there, they were our juniors from 1st and 2nd years. I became confused as to why we all called, so I just looked at the principal who seemed extremely happy. As we stood beside the juniors the principal smiled us and finally started speaking.

Principal: good that you are all here, I have some good news for all of you. So, there is this famous international singer coming to India for some personal work, he is interested in knowing some of the levels of the upcoming talented singers in India and since SPACE is the best music college in India, so he has decided to visit here. Since you, six are the best male and female singers in the three batches, so you have been selected to perform in front of him. Before you all get excited let me tell you this will take place on the last day of your exams, and the singer has put some conditions, first that the male and female of each year will pair with each other and perform a duet and the theme will be a Hindi romantic song, from the third year it will be Manik and Nandini, from the second year it will be Harsh and Nikita and from the first year it will be Karan and Neha. The second condition is that since the singer is an international one, he would like you all to perform an English song and this one will not be in pairs, the English song will be sung individually by all of you, that means 3 Hindi songs and 6 English songs in total. I hope you all would be able to manage that. 

I interuppted sir and said, "this sounds very fascinating, but how will we be able to manage it because we have to prepare 2 songs for the practical exams and 2 for the performance. I mean we don't have a lot of time."

The principal smiled at me and said, "yes Miss Nandini I was about to come to that point, actually you guys don't have to prepare for the practicals, your practical marks will be evaluated on how you perform that day and before you ask if our evaluation will be based on the judgement of the international singer, then no because in the practicals your college teachers are responsible for evaluating you.

Then a junior spoke, "sir who is the singer?"

Principal: The singer would be revealed to you that day, plus I have decided to organize the 3rd years farewell on that day as well. It will be a no media event, none of the students will be allowed to post anything related to the singer. He prefers his privacy very much. The singer has said that you all are students who most probably haven't got proper exposure, but if anyone manages to impress him will sing with him or he may recommend some labels to one of you, the labels may be international or national depending on your talent. So, now off you go, you have to practice as well as prepare for your exams.

We were about to leave and that's when Manik spoke, "sir what about our bands? I mean some of us have bands and if we by chance get an album by some label, then will apply to out bands or just us?"

Principal: Yes about that if you get an album it will be applicable just to you but your band will get the opportunity to show their talent to the music company and if the company likes your band then you can launch the album with your band but if your band is not able to impress them then the offer for the album will be limited to you.

To this, we all nodded and left the principal's room. I was going to the canteen to have some lunch and inform Navya about all this. Manik came to me and said, "can we discuss the duet?"

I replied, "Manik, sir has just informed us about the duet, we have one month to prepare. How about we do this we think about the duet tonight at our places? We have already sung romantic duets before, so, it won't be a big issue. But let me be clear, I will just practice for 2 hours every day with you plus I won't be practising on the day before the exams. Are you fine with it or not?"

Before Manik was able to reply to me, FAB4 came and Dhruv said, "still being a slut I see, why don't you understand that Manik left you?"

Alya: Why are you still sticking to him? Do you really think that he will fall for your seductive tricks once again?

I was so irritated on hearing them, I looked at Manik and said, "you know what now I don't even care what your stupid friends think of me. I'm done with all this shit, I'm going to the canteen. You explain to them whatever you want and I want an answer regarding my previous question by tonight. If I don't get any reply by tonight then tomorrow morning I will go to the principal's office and inform him that we are not performing the duet. I don't want any album, it's yours and your stupid arrogant friends' careers on the line."

With that, I pushed Mukti and Alya out of the way and went to the canteen, Navya who saw the whole thing asked me about it. Once I explained the whole situation she told me about what happened in the class. 

I then asked Navya how were her preparations going regarding her entrance into Masters in Fashion Designing. She said that it was going good, but she is scared about the fees as many fashion designing institutes have very high fees and she is not sure if she will get a scholarship or not. 

Then I told her to relax and that everything would work out just fine. After having our lunch, we attended one more class and then we went to our places. 

As I entered the suite I saw Anika di busy studying, her books and notes were scattered all over the bed, which I know generally happens when Anika di gets stressed."

So, I asked her what is the matter. She told me that after her so-called marriage she had been so busy because of some or the other drama in the Oberoi family, that she had completely ignored her studies and now there is so little time and so much to study. 

I relaxed her and assured her that she would be able to do it and that she shouldn't spend her time worrying about it, rather she should just study. After some time she eased a bit and started studying, then I also got fresh and started preparing for the exams. Late in the evening, I received a text from Manik, in which he confirmed that we would agree to my conditions for the duet. 

--------TIME SKIP 1 MONTH, THE DAY OF THE PERFORMANCE-------

ANIKA P.O.V 

It has been a month and a half since I left the Oberoi mansion. In the beginning, I hated Shivvay for what he said to me, I pitied myself for trusting that man, but as time passed I just got over it and I felt freer since I left him. I felt thankful that he accused me because it gave me a proper reason to leave him, now I realise that after our so-called marriage, Shivaay slowly made me dependent on him. While I was with him I started to feel like a damsel in distress who needed to be saved by him, I felt as if had lost my identity. But now staying here for over a month I have started gaining my identity, I am in the process of gaining my independence back. Since I was a kid I have seen my parents installing the value of independence on Kartik Bhai, Nandini and me. Our parents always said that no matter which gender you are, you will never depend on each other both in taking decisions and economically. We three loved, each other, supported each other, discussed our hardships with each other, yes we took help from each other, but we always fought our battles in our own way. Now I realize how trapped I felt in the Oberoi Mansion. 

Anyways, my exams got over yesterday, they went surprisingly well. Today is Nandini's last exam and then she has a performance in the evening and we will catch a flight late at night, we want to meet our family in London as soon as possible. 

Nandini has been working hard for both the performances, a few days back I asked my baby girl, "baby why are you working so hard on the duet? I know you've been super emotional while you practice that song."

To this, she said, "Di I have poured all my emotions for Manik in this song, be it love, hatred, anger, pain, happiness. I've put each and every feeling I have for Manik in this song. Once I perform it on the stage, I will officially give up all my feelings for him."

I was shocked by her response, so I said, "baby as long as you are fine and not hurt, it's okay".

My chain of thoughts broke when I got a call from Nandini that she was ready for her first performance which is a duet and now she is going to meet the international singer in the principal's office where he is meeting all the 6 contestants one by one. Nandini is the last one, I wished her good luck for her performances and then hung the call. 

Oh, she is going to be extremely happy once she meets the singer, after all, he is Varun's surprise to her.

NANDINI P.O.V

After talking to Anika di, I went to meet the singer in the principal's office I knocked and went inside and saw the back of FAB5, of course, Manik had to bring his friends to meet the singer. I still haven't seen the face of the singer, but his voice seemed extremely familiar, I brushed it off thinking I might have heard his songs. I stood in a corner, waiting for FAB5 to leave. I could hear the excitement in FAB5's voice. They were going gaga over the singer. Just then the singer wished FAB5 good luck and asked them to leave. When they were about to leave the room, the singer and I looked at each other and we both loudly exclaimed, "you are the surprise!!"

Hearing both of us FAB5 stopped in their tracks and turned around to see and at that moment the singer hugged me and then twirled me and kissed me on my forehead. We broke the hug and saw FAB5 staring at has with their mouth open. I poked the man beside me and pointed him to FAB5 to this he chuckled and told FAB5, "guys any problem?"

Alya without even waiting for a second asked, "How do you guys know each other?"

To this, I replied, "we have known each other for a very long time before Akki, oops, I mean AD or Akshay Dhawan became an international singer, and because he became a huge singer we weren't in touch."

When I completed my line Akki looked as if I have gone mad I assure him with my eyes I will tell him everything. So, he told FAB5 to leave. Once they left Akki made me sit on the couch and asked me, "why did you lie to them? Firstly, We've never parted, especially because I became an international singer, cause whatever I'm today is all because of you and more importantly you are more famous than me, you are Nandini Goenka. Secondly, we were not in touch because of those attacks and you had to go in hiding."

I held his hand in my hand and calmly replied, "I lied because they don't know that I'm Nandini Goenka, for them, I'm just a middle-class student."

To this he nodded, we chatted for a while, then he asked me, "Nandini you know it has been two years since THE DEVILS have released an album, you remember that when you and Anika di came to India an official notice was declared by you all saying that you will focus on studies, and will be back soon. I think it's high time now."

I nodded and said, "even I think it's high time, so, we've all talked and decided that as soon as Anu di and I reach London, we will all focus on releasing the next album. Now, let's go everyone's waiting."

MANIK P.O.V

I took FAB5 with me to meet Akshay Dhawan, when we were leaving I heard Nandini and AD loudly uttering, "you are the surprise!!" Then I saw AD hugged my Nandini and twirled her and then finally kissed her forehead. 

I don't care how famous he is, but how dare hug and kiss my Nandini. Why didn't she get angry at him for touching her? I understand he is just an old friend but still, what was the need for a hug and a forehead kiss!! ugh!! How dare he!! And now they are sitting together in the principal's office. Why did I just come out with my friend! I should have thought of some excuse to stay with them. Ugh!!

We closed the door and started walking to the backstage in silence. That's when Cabir spoke, "wow Nandini knows such a famous personality, still she never showed off."

Mukti: what never showed off? What did she do just now? 

Alya: Exactly!! she just hugged him in front of us, she never showed off in the past because she wasn't in touch with him.

Dhruv: Alya is correct, Manik now do you see what a big slut she is, she tries to make all the guys around her swoon on her.

Cabir: But she said he was a friend

Dhruv: ya right! only you would believe each and every word of that whore

I was already irritated and nervous and these guys increased my level of irritation to another level, but what they are saying about Nandini, can it be true? No of course not, how could they be correct. She is an innocent soul. So, I told my friends, "guys it's enough, I have a performance within 5 minutes, so, I'm going near the backstage area"

After a few minutes, Nandini joined me backstage. When we stood beside each other and she smiled at me. Again a fake smile, for the past one month when we met to practice, she behaved professionally and she fake smiled at me,  whenever I tried to apologise or tried to talk to her anything related to our personal lives she would just politely avoid me. She just smiled in front of AD, why can't she just give me her natural smile, I know I hurt her, but still.  God, I can't take this anymore I will talk to Nandini tonight after all these performances are over.

Then I heard our names being announced, so Nandini and I went to the stage and began our performance. 

Nandini began singing

Uljhi si baatein dil

Mujhse bhi baantein

To mehar, mehar. meherbaniya

(Meher. meher. meherbaniya)

Khud hi samajh ke mujhe samjha de

To mehar. mehar. meherbaniya

(Meher. meher. meherbaniya)

 ( I recalled our memories, memories when we first sang together on stage, we were both confident and nervous at the same time, for it was our first time, we didn't know one another's strengths and weaknesses, but after the performance, we were both proud of each other.)

Ho meherbani 

jo dil de zubaani

Keh de wo jo na kabhi kaha hai

Aise Tera Main. 

Jaise Mera Tu

Aise Tera Main. 

Jaise Mera Tu.

(while I was singing I just kept staring at her and recalling, the moment when I first confessed my feelings for her.)

Milte rahe jo

 aise hi dono

Lag na jaaye ishq ki nazar

Aye dil farebi, 

tham sa gaya kyun

Aisi waisi baat soch kar

(I recalled how the fireflies lit up every time we were together)

Bas mein na mere 

ab ye raha hai

Tujh pe aake dil ye jo ruka hai

Aise tera main. 

jaise mera tuA

ise tera main. 

Jaise mera tu

Jaise Mera Tu.

Aye. oo. ee.Na na. yea.

(Mehar. mehar. meherbani ho)

(while I sang, I saw that although there was a smile on her face but there was also a tear in her eyes that was threatening to fall)

Fariyad karti phir yaad karti

Sochti hoon tumko baar baar

Na chahatein hain, 

par chaahte kyun

Tumko yunhi mere aas paas

Kuch bhi nahi hai

Kuch phir bhi hai

Tumse milke dil ko ye laga hai

Aise tera main. 

jaise mera tu

Aise tera main. 

Jaise mera tuJ

aise mera tu 

(jaise mera tu.)

Jaise mera tu 

(jaise mera tu.)

Jaise mera tu 

(jaise mera tu.)

Hoo hoo. 

(jaise mera tu)

Meher. meher. meherbaniyan

Jaise mera tu.Jaise mera tu!

when we finished singing the song, we received a huge round of applause from the audience, I was completely in tears, I knew I wouldn't be able to control it. So, without waiting for another minute to hear the reviews about our performance, I just left the stage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRECAP: Nandini shocking everybody+ AD and Nandini's performance+ Jealous Manik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3000+ words!!

Guys, please don't be a silent reader, it hardly takes a minute to vote and comment but each comment and vote motivates me a lot when I write.

If you have any suggestions then do tell me, I will try to write based on your suggestions.

Hope you all had fun reading the story!!

LOVE YOU ALL!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 11.4K 41
HELLO EVERYONE!!! THIS IS A STORY OF A BADBOY... AND HOW HE FELL IN LOVE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND... AND CHANGED COMPLETELY.... I WELCOME YOU ALL TO JOIN...
154K 7.9K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
46K 2.8K 41
He is sturborn. She is calm. He is rude and arrogant. She is humble and loving. He can be described in one word as MONSTER. She can be described in o...
96.3K 9.4K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...