Could This Be Love

By authored_by_anika

[Completed] There's a famous French saying, "être reconnaissant pour la vie", it means 'Be grateful for lif... More

characters
Chapter 1 ❤
Chapter 2❤
chapter 3❤
Chapter 4❤
chapter 5❤
chapter 6 ❤
chapter 7 ❤
chapter 8❤
chapter 9❤
chapter 10❤
chapter 11❤
chapter 12❤
chapter 13❤
chapter 14❤
chapter 15❤
chapter 16❤
chapter 17❤
chapter 18❤
chapter 19❤
chapter 20❤
chapter 21❤
chapter 22❤
chapter 23❤
chapter 24❤
chapter 25❤
chapter 26❤
chapter 27❤
chapter 28❤
chapter 29❤
chapter 31❤
chapter 32❤
chapter 33❤
chapter 34❤
chapter 35❤
chapter 36❤
chapter 37❤
chapter 38❤
Chapter 39❤
Chapter 40❤
chapter 41❤
chapter 42❤
chapter 43❤
chapter 44❤
chapter 45❤
chapter 46❤
chapter 47❤
chapter 48❤
chapter 49❤
chapter 50 ❤
chapter 51❤
chapter 52❤
chapter 53❤
chapter 54❤
chapter 55❤
chapter 56❤
chapter 57❤
ANNOUNCEMENT

chapter 30❤

13K 533 64
By authored_by_anika

It's pouring heavily today. Aarav's mom is sitting by his father, in the hospital cabin. He has been here for more than a week, recovering steadily.

Hritika enters the cabin with 2 coffee cups.

"Here, mom." She gave one to Mrs. Malhotra.

"Go home, love. I'll be here until you come back." She said to Hritika caressing her cheek.

"No mom, you go home, take rest. I'll be here with dad."

"No. You're going home. Take some rest and then come back."

"But mom-"

"Go home, darling, I insist." She said, worried about Hritika's health.

"Oka..y.. but call me if you want something... I'll be back soon." Hritika said as she read the information about Aarav's father in the monitor.

"He's alright. Bye mom." She said flashing a huge smile.

"Bye Hritika!" Mrs. Malhotra said softly pressing her cheeks against hritika's.

Hritika drove home slowly, unable to drive faster because of rain.

As soon as she reached home, she kept the keys on the dining table and went to the washroom. She took a long hot shower and quickly got dressed then called her mother in law.

"Hello?" Mrs. Malhotra spoke.

"Hi mom. How's everything? I'm coming within half n hour okay?"

"Everything is alright. Grab some sleep. No need to hurry."

"Umm.. I'll tell Dr. Mohan to keep a check on dad"

"Okay."

She disconnected the call and made her way to the kitchen but she didn't have much energy to cook so she grabbed an apple and left for their room.

She comfortably adjusted the pillows behind her back and sat with a book.

"I feel so sleepy...." She yawned and was consumed by deep slumber in no time.

The next time she woke up was by the sound of her phone frantically ringing.

"Hello?" She said.

"Ma'am, Malhotra 209653, emergency!" This call from her subordinate almost made her jump out of the bed. She quickly got dressed up ran towards her car.

She ignited the car engine but it didn't work.

So she tried again. Again. Again. But all in vein.

She took the key for her other car, and left for hospital, but today, maybe luck was opposing her with full strength for she got stuck in a huge traffic.

After twenty minutes of driving she finally reached the hospital. She was drenched in rain water.

She rushed towards the lift. Everyone was looking at her as if she was some freak.

Hritika quickly went towards the cabin and there stood Aarav, maddened with anger.

Confused, Hritika decided to not think over it for now and focus on what was worth it.

Her P.A. quickly started notifying her about his health records.

"Oxygen level...-" she kept on saying and saying.

A whole team dressed in pale blue came surrounded Mr. Malhotra.

Hritika said "CPR in 1..2..3.." as one of them continued the process but it showed no results.

"Prepare OT! Now!" Hritika exclaimed.
_______________________________________

After a few hours, Hritika came out of the operation theatre and was talking to Dr. Neil and Dr. Derek along with the nurses. She was discussing the health strategies for Mr. Malhotra.

Suddenly her arm was pulled harshly by Aarav.

Hritika looked at him with confused eyes.
"what's wrong with you?"

"How careless can you be, Hritika? How low can you stoop?" He hissed confusing Hritika more.

"Huh? What do you want to say?"

"You fucking were sleeping leaving my mother here alone??? You fucking selfish woman!" He spat raising his voice a few decibels.

Hritika swallowed the tears that had gathered in her eyes.

"Speak up! Or is it you don't have something to defend yourself?"

"Leave before you say something you'll regret tomorrow" Hritika said as calmly as she could.

"What? You're asking me to leave? Are you fucking out of your mind? You fucking almost killed my fathe-"
He was cut by a thundering sound.

"Enough!!" Dr. Neil said. "You're such an ungrateful bastard, Mr. Aarav Malhotra!"

"Neil, let him go, we better discuss the health records." Hritika said not wanting any fuss.

"Yeah ofcourse! Why don't you take him to your bedroom?" Aarav spat earning a hard punch from Neil.

"I dare you speak ill of Hritika once more!" Neil said challenging Aarav.

"Hey Neil, stop it. He's just being through a crisis period. Come on, dad is not well.. I understand his rag-"

Neil pointed out his palm, stopping Hritika. "Hritz, stop defending him, okay? I am not gonna let him insult you that way."

"And how dare he say all those when you are one who saved his father otherwise he'd be long gone by now." Derek held Aarav's collar.

"Derek, not about that. Don't say anything. Leave him. Let him go.. it's okay.."

"It's not okay Hritika!! We all know his father was not breathing when he was admitted, we all know how you managed to fetch a heart for the transplant which was suitable for Mr. Malhotra, how you called someone who you never thought would contact. Mr. Malhotra has O- for god's sake! You can be like this selfless goddess but I've had enough of this fucker ruining your life and degrading you in front of all this people!" Neil yelled out of frustration.

Hritika couldn't help her tears by then as Derek held her by shoulders and said "Don't fucking cry. You're not a kid. Why the fuck are you even keeping up with this grownass brainless manchild? I'd have fucking killed him by now"

Derek took Hritika into her cabin while Neil glared at Aarav as if he was to kill Aarav but soon Derek pulled him in, leaving Aarav numb.

What the fuck did I do? I ruined everything!

Aarav thought to himself as a bad headache struck him.

A nurse came with a disgusted expression on her face "here, sign. Your father is okay to go home tomorrow."

"Is he fine?" Aarav managed to speak.

"Ofcourse!! What do you expect huh? Hritika ma'am did all that for him!!"

"Seeta, come on, cool down." Said the other nurse.

Aarav signed the papers and left the hospital with his head hung low...

Meanwhile Neil and Derek were busy consoling Hritika.

"Just leave him with his condition! Who is he to dictate your life?" Neil said fuming in anger.

"Hritika, we've been best friends for a long time now..and I want you to trust me." He said in a very serious tone grabbing the attention of both Neil and Hritika.

"Settle yourself in your new york house."

"But why'd she leave her motherland? I'm gonna kill the fucker!" Neil spat.

"Neil, cool down, think straight, Hritika will always get disturbed by him if he keeps seeing her..we need to keep her safe...." Derek said.

Neil thought for a while "Um..I agree with you Derek..plus she knows NYC very well.."

"Guys, I can't do this." Hritika said horrified by the idea.

"Have some self respect Hrits! How many chances will you give him? How many?"

"But I love him, D!"

"Love? my foot! You're going to New York. Tomorrow." Neil declared before storming out.

_______________________________________

Aarav always lets me down!! That bitch has got some serious anger issues!!

This is me:

I'm so worried about Hritika 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
69.9K 2.5K 53
[A SEQUEL OF ENTANGLED LOVE] I will suggest you, read Entangled Love before this book. For her, his happiness is the most crucial thing in the world;...
118K 8.7K 29
[Book 1 of Kid series] As the title suggests a kid played destiny for behir. A simple, cute love story of behir with light humor❤. Published on :...
462K 16.4K 65
This is the journey of Aadhya Chaudhary. She is an Indian girl who is 25 years of age. She is innocent, introverted, and wants to have a beautiful li...