The Visitor

By Ziyla965

Magic exists everywhere in the world, in the distant town of Zil, people have forgotten about the magic that... More

Preface
Ch. 1 - The Beginnings
Ch. 2 - The Encounter
Ch. 3 - The Night
Ch. 4 - The Morning
Ch. 5 - The Walk
Ch. 6 - The Nightmare
Ch. 7 - The Embrace
Ch. 8 - The Past
Ch. 9 - The Realization
Ch. 10 - The Mistake
Ch. 11 - The Truth
Ch. 12 - The Acceptance
Ch. 13 - The Secret
Ch. 14 - The Tea
Ch. 15 - The Friend
Ch. 16 - The Winds
Ch. 18 - The Others
Ch. 19 - The Updraft
Ch. 20 - The Departure
Ch. 21 - The Hearing
Ch. 22 - The Interlopers
Ch. 23 - The Curse
Ch. 24 - The Training
Ch. 25 - The Reality
Ch. 26 - The Starlight
Ch. 27 - The Fire
Ch. 28 - The Pain
Ch. 29 - The Spell
Ch. 30 - The Blood
Ch. 31 - The Escape
Ch. 32 - The Peace
Ch. 33 - The Bloodbath
Ch. 34 - The Aftermath
Ch. 35 - The Rebirth
Ch. 36 - The Calm
Ch. 37 - The Lake
Ch. 38 - The Burial
Ch. 39 - The Arrival
Ch. 40 - The Testimony
Ch. 41 - The Threat
Ch. 42 - The Dungeon
Ch. 43 - The Interrogation
Ch. 44 - The Reunion
Ch. 45 - The Vengeance
Ch. 46 - The Confrontation
Ch. 47 - The News
Ch. 48 - The Countdown
Ch. 49 - The Blaze
Ch. 50 - The Storm
~ Thank You ~

Ch. 17 - The Spark

21 3 0
By Ziyla965

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just as the coven was facing internal struggles, the village of Zil was not as perfect as it seemed either.

While Rodney ran away from his problems and took haven in the quaint tea shop around the corner; his father was livid.

"Why can't the boy just grow up and learn not to run away from his problems." An older gentleman fumed in a fully furnished sitting room while stoking a growing fire.

"Sweetie -" A woman spoke softly from a large maroon plush chair.

"No. He's got to learn. This'll be the last -" He shook his head as his wife interrupted.

"Mark, we just need to give him time -"

"Time to what? Throw away everything I worked to preserve? To ruin what my great grandfather built? And everything he's been raised to maintain?" Rodney's father paced the room as he shook his head in disapproval.

"Maybe it's time we let him find his own path -" His mother began.

"His own path? We've discussed this. His 'path' is here. It will always be here. Where will he go? Traveling? Bah." He waved his hand dismissively hovering over the mantle with a roaring fire.

"Mark -" Jared's mother gently stood and walked across the room to her husband.

"He just needs some room to grow, that's all." She said, rubbing her partner's shoulder in encouragement.

"Gloria, I've tried. I just don't know where I keep going wrong with him. What if one day he runs farther than I can find. Or if he doesn't come home at all? Gloria I can't lose another -"

"I know Mark. It'll be alright you'll see." She said, letting her head fall to his shoulder as she closed her eyes in contemplation.

The couple fell silent as they let the fire gradually die down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In another tiny cottage a few of the villagers began to commune.

"Well it has, hasn't it?" One man began to grow frustrated as he stood preaching to a small group of people; his voice growing in volume.

"Hasn't what Daryl?" A woman sat cross legged in a chair, her eyebrow peaked in disbelief.

"Been different Karen!" He said exasperated.

"What in heaven's name are you talking about? You gathered all of us here just to say the weather's a bit odd? Daryl, the weather is always a bit odd ?!?" Karen spoke again as the others were too lost to attempt to combat Daryl's logic, or rather lack thereof.

"Not since that stranger showed up!" He shouted.

"You mean the young lady that Earl hired?" Another woman spoke meekly.

"YES! It's all her! She -" Daryl spun around pointing at the woman who jumped at the sudden movement.

"She is a kid for crying out loud, how could she be messing with the weather or your marriage for that matter Daryl?" Karen said, rolling her eyes.

"Leave Sheryl out of this." He turned, pointing his accusatory finger at Karen.

"You didn't by -" Karen defended as she unfolded her arms to gesture at another woman standing at the doorway.

"That's not the point of this." Daryl said, rubbing the temples of his head.

"Isn't it." Another young man questioned.

"Okay. Who here doesn't think I asked everyone to come just to complain about my wife." Daryl asked blatantly.

The room fell into silence.

"I swear, the next time I'm trying to warn everyone about an impending apocalypse I'll keep it to myself." Daryl huffed, slumping into an empty chair.

"I told you they wouldn't believe you. I sure as hell didn't." Sheryl argued from the doorway.

"SHERYL - okay fine my point is." Daryl began in anger and then took a deep breath before refocusing.

"She's causing this somehow I just know it." He said, referring to the strange girl amidst their villagers.

One by one the small gathering of townsfolk began to dwindle as they gave up making sense of Daryl's heretical rants.

"Come on, don't leave. I'm not crazy! I know -" He tried as even his wife retired upstairs.

"I thought." He whispered to himself as he was alone in his living room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The ferns couldn't be greener, nor the flowers brighter in color and radiance; as Alysa watered the storefront plants.

The little bell jingled.

At least one thing's consistent in my life. Sounds. Alysa hummed.

"Need any help?" Jared asked as he poked his head out of the doorway to look down at Al.

"Of course." She answered with a smirk gazing up at him.

They each took turns talking watering all afternoon and were finishing up sweeping and tidying up.

When the bell rang again, despite the closed sign at the door.

"Excuse me, Sir. I'm sorry we're closed for today. If you'd like you could come back first thing tomor-" Jared began, greeting the late customer.

"Where is she?" The man said, looking around frantically as if he was afraid for his life.

"Who?" Jared asked but the man was still scanning the room, his eyes narrowed in laser focus. "Sir?"

"The witch! Don't play stupid boy!" He said, looking directly into Jared's eyes.

"Daryl. Alysa isn't -" Jared started, trying to defend Al, only to be attacked by the frightened man.

Daryl grabbed Jared by the shoulders. "You've given it a name?! She's tricked you. She's tricked us all don't you see?!"

"I see you're causing a problem in my father's store." Jared retorted, shaking the man's grasp.

"- and you need to leave, Sir." He said, straightening his apron.

"Oh please cut the crap, we both know you're adopted Jared and your real parents never even -"

"Is something going on Jar?" Rodney said, wiping his hands on a towel and walking out.

"No. Daryl was just leaving. Right sir?" Jared monotonically said as he stared down the man in front of him.

"Of course. How silly of me to think anyone in this town would see to reason." He said slamming the shop door behind him, causing the little bell to clatter to the floor.

"What the hell man?" Rodney said, walking to pick up the bell as Jared struck out his arm to stop him.

"Leave it. Where's Al?" Jared said, staring into space.

"In the back why?" Rodney said in a concerned mumble.

In an instant Jared swung around and was marching through the partition.

"Jar wait - she's not herself - you need to-" Rodney tried to slow him.

Jared stopped abruptly facing Rodney who almost ran into him. "I don't need to do a goddamn thing." He said, spitting the same fire that could be seen in his eyes.

He found Al huddled in a corner muffling her sobs to meet his gaze.

"You told me you knew something. You called it a vision." He said coldly.

Alysa merely nodded, donning a confused expression.

"It was something to do with the town wasn't it. Our home?" He said at Al before turning to Rodney who was just as shocked at Jared's outburst.

Yet he also had guilt in his eyes.

Jared's anger flared as he grabbed Rodney by the shirt collar, "You know something. What do you know?!" He said with his teeth barred.

"Stop!" Alysa shouted, rising and quickly crossing the room.

"He didn't do anything wrong, Jared. I did." She said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Jared whipped around breaking Alysa's embrace.

"Jared. I ... I should've told you days ago." Alysa began.

"Well? Say it already!" Jared glared down at Al.

"This town - it's all doomed to burn down to ashes and I don't know how to stop it." 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 17K 52
[COMPLETED] My grandmother is a witch. My mother is a witch. My sisters are witches. Even my daddy is a warlock when he's not moonlighting as a rat (...
22.9K 734 16
[ WILL BE RE-WRITTEN! ] I am going to completely re-write this story!
8.7K 499 23
𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚗𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐..
52 23 16
in a world where supernatural exist more than even the eye can behold, Elix's life has been anything but comfortable. Elix has lived his life as a ma...