Bruised (Not Edited)|✔️

By cara____melo

Ava Carter was a 17 year old orphan. She was a member of the Crystal Blue Pack. She was the punching bag in h... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 16

175K 4.9K 1.4K
By cara____melo

Ava's POV

A few months later...

"Get her!" an angry voice shouted behind me.

A group of men began chasing me as I ran through the market with a bag full of stolen goods on my back. Dodging people who were shopping, I increased my speed and ran into the woods.

I knew that if I ever made it into the woods that I would be safe. I could easily hide from them, since they weren't as familiar with the woods as I was.

It was only normal that I knew the woods like the back of my hand since I have been living in a cave for months now.

After that horrifying day, everything changed. I changed. I was never the same as before. One would say that I was punishing myself for the crimes I committed that day, and I would totally agree with them.

Ever since I wiped out the entire existence of the Crystal Blue pack I have been on the run. When people heard about the extinction of the Crystal Blue pack, I was their prime suspect, which only made sense since I was the only living thing that had the power to cause such destruction.

I have been on a bunch of wanted posters everywhere I went, which was why I had to resort to stealing from humans. Stealing from humans was another crime to add to the list of things why I was wanted.

Any form of communication with humans was frowned upon and could result in very extreme punishment. Here I was not only communicating with them, but also stealing from the. These offenses could really land me in wolf prison.

Yes they had a prison for wolves. How else would we be able to keep the order and peace?

I've had enough of all that sappy sad stuff. I was still being chased by the men from the market. Using my inhumane speed, I was able to outrun them and still have enough time to climb a tree.

I used the leaves as a camouflage to hide myself from them and remained as still as a statue. I watched from above as they looked around frantically searching for any signs of me.

I wanted to shout 'up here' just to rile them up some more, but decided against it. I think I have had enough fun for today and was time to head back home.

This was my weekly ritual. I would go into town to stock up on supplies and then get chased by the men from the town. I would always manage to escape and return home, where I stay hidden until I ran out of supplies, and the cycle goes on and on.

I was tired of this routine. It was getting old and boring now. Hiding out all by myself was boring. I would like to think that the men from the town and I were friends, on some level. Ok, we weren't friends at all, but they were my only company.

Not wanting to drift off to my depressing thoughts until I got home, I got down from the tree and let out a sad sigh. I took my time to get to where I stayed, stopping along the journey to talk to the animals I met on the way.

The animals have become the closest thing I had to a friend. They would listen to me as I talked and they weren't judgmental at all.

Ok, ok. I'll admit it. I had no idea if they were actually listening to me, but a girl can dream.

Enjoying the peaceful atmosphere, I trudged back to my home. I didn't live in a mansion, or a house. I lived in a cave. I stumbled upon this cave that I now called home, when I was being hunted by bounty hunters.

If it weren't for this cave, I honestly didn't know if I would still be alive. It was my saving grace and a new start. Nobody knew of its existence, because it was hidden by vines and bushes that grew at the entrance completely concealing it from prying eyes.

I shifted the vines a little to the side and slipped inside, making sure to put the vines back in place so as to not draw any suspicion.

All that was inside were a few blankets, batteries, a lamp, food, water and a few old clothes that I found in a dumpster. This was home for me.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I plopped down on the blankets on the ground and ruffled through my bag. I was starving and almost everything in my bag had to be cooked.

I took out a pie that I managed to steal from a bakery and dived in. I ate the pie like I hadn't eaten for days, which was true. I couldn't leave the cave because there were people not too far outside my cave that were searching for a fugitive, that thankfully wasn't me.

I didn't have any food and was able to steal some today. A lot of people would describe my life as depressing and pathetic, but I didn't see it that way. This was the first time that I felt free, despite the fact that everyone was looking for me.

I was alone and on my own. I could do anything, almost anything.

After I finish eating my pie, I relaxed on the blankets and pat my now full stomach. The worst part about being alone was being alone with your thoughts.

I would always wonder what happened to him. I'd often ask myself questions like:

Did he move on?

Did he forget about me?

Is he happy?

Is he with her?

Is he looking for me?

Is he married?

Does he have kids now?

Will I ever see him again?

And the list goes on...

A sense of sadness and despair always washed over me whenever I thought about him, which was like every single day. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think about him. Sometimes all I could do was think about him.

No matter what I did or how hard I tried, my thoughts would always betray me. I just couldn't get him out of my mind. I would give anything to see his face once again, even if he was sporting his signature frown that always seemed to be present when I was around.

This wasn't fair. I knew for a fact that it didn't matter to him if I was even dead or alive. And here I was like a fool daydreaming about someone who didn't even give a damn.

"Curse you Moon Goddess" I whispered wiping away a stray tear.

Just thinking about him always made me cry, so you can imagine that I cried every day. The mate bond hadn't been broken which made everything hurt even more. I still loved him and he would never love me back.

"Why couldn't he have just rejected me?" I sighed frustrated.

I know the pain would have been much worse, but at least I probably would have been over it by now. Or I could have gone mad and killed myself already to put myself out of my misery.

Don't even think that I hadn't tried to kill myself before. I have tried countless times and each time, I failed.

There are so many methods that I have tried and each time I would wake up a couple hours later. It was like my powers were mocking me. I didn't want to live, but I couldn't die.

I have tried hanging myself and I even drowned a few times. I've jumped in a volcano before and that certainly didn't do the trick. I suffered third-degree burns from my trip inside the volcano that left me looking hideous for a few days.

I'm never jumping in a volcano again. Also, fun fact, crocodiles are not friendly. I had to learn that the hard way. I was petting the crocodile when he decided to turn me into lunch.

That was by far one of my worst experiences. Lesson well learnt.

It sucked that I was indestructible, but it was also a whole lot of fun. I smiled at all the memories of my crazy adventures that I would have been too scared to go on if not for the fact that I couldn't die.

As soon as my thoughts drifted to that dark day that changed my life, my smile immediately vanished. I always tried not to think about it, again it was impossible not to.

I've been back there once since the incident and everything looked the same as it did the day I destroyed it. I've heard mumblings that there weren't any survivors.

There were a lot of people who feared me and wanted me to pay for what I have done. I wanted me to pay for what I have done. The thought of turning myself in had crossed my mind multiple times, but I just could never work up the courage to do it.

I didn't want to face everyone and own up to what I did. I feared the consequences of my actions and instead resorted in hiding.

I was deep in thought when I heard footsteps and later the shuffling of vines. Someone had found me.

"Who's there?"

A/N

Hope you all are having a wonderful day:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 3.5K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
2.8M 76.1K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
2.8M 84.5K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...