Destined For the King

By CHIXAAA_

"Time is up, I AM CLAIMING WHAT IS MINE!" His voiced shattered throughout the entire tower. He has found me a... More

Love is for the pure
Domination
Rapunzel Rapunzel...
Fight Til The End
Face to Face pt. 1
Face to Face pt.2
Stephan
Countdown
Alone
Reality
Panic Attack
Throwback p1
Throwback p2
Submissive
Dinner date
Agreement
CHECK IT OUT
Meet the Parents
Dinner conversation
Explain!
Family secrets
Truth
Armani Dresses
Realization
Fresh start
New Agreement
Party Time
In the Works
Stalling
Perfect Night
Surprise Honey
Happiness
Test run
Family Drift
Touchdown
Talks and Mimosa
Shot at Love
Our First Kiss?
Up In The Air
My Turn
Engagement Party
Do I stay...
Or Do I Go...
BE PATIENT AND RESPECTFUL
Week of Freedom
Dark times
Torn
UPDATE TOMORROW
Make Amends
Shell of A Man
Day 1
New York
Birthday p1
Birthday P2
Morning after
Milian
Soon
Realtor Project
Back Home
Finally Reunited
Council
I'll Marry You
Massive Print
New Expectations
Wedding plans
Decisions without Him
Yes to the Dress
Bridesmaid shopping
Sit Down
Wife Selection
Crocodile Tears

Midnight

71.7K 2.5K 348
By CHIXAAA_

PSA: Rediting the kiss scene into the chapter didn't make sense and I would have to change everything and I AM WAYY To lazy to do that so I'VE Decided to edit OUT THE KISS and continue as they HAVENT KISSED.

LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS How you're quarantine is going? Are your countries/cities/towns/states still in strict quarantine or is everything back to normal?

-------------------

The sun peeking through the curtain was enough to awaken the excruciating headache lurking in my head. I tried to bury myself under the duvet but the moment I moved, I felt last night's dinner begging to be released from my stomach. I used to drink like every teenager does and never have I felt like this. It's tragic. When I was fifteen years old, I would drink all night and wake up ready to do it all over again. Dominic wasn't in bed with me when I woke up. I shouldn't be surprised, even on vacation his mind is on work. I could hear him on the balcony barking orders to someone on the phone in Spanish. I wonder who he was talking too.

I didn't move until Dominic came back into the room. I watched as he closed the door behind him, stride over to me, and sit beside me. He gently brushed the stray hairs away from my face.

"Feel like shit?" He whispered with a devious smile.

"Why is drinking so hard now?" I groaned into my pillow.

"Let's get some food in you, you'll feel better soon."
"What time is it?"

"Noon."

"Can you carry me to the bathroom? Every time I move I feel like I'm going to throw up everything I've ever eaten since birth."

"Such a lightweight."

Dominic carried me to the bathroom as gently as possible but that didn't stop me from spewing my meal from last night into the sink. I had to continue getting ready in the room beside ours while the maid Dominic called cleaned up my drunken mess.When I finally managed to get myself downstairs the time was closer to 2 pm and there was a platter of breakfast on a cart by the dining room table. Juliana and Bambina were sitting at the dining room table with large blackout sunglasses and cold wet towels draped across their necks. Bambina was rubbing her temples in a slow circular motion while Juliana was non stop groaning as she munched on a croissant. I grabbed grapes and a chocolate muffin off the cart before taking a seat at the end of the table in between Juliana and Bambina.

"Glad to know I'm not the only person visiting hell," I said dryly.

"Visit? I feel like I moved in. There should be no reason why my head feels like someone is kicking my skull in while setting my on fire." Juliana grumbled.

"My stomach feels like a bomb waiting to explode while I'm sweating and freezing to death." Bambina whimpered.

"I have everything you have plus an unexplained shooting pain coming from every joint in my body when I move. Why can't we drink like how we did when we were younger? We haven't reached 25 yet!"

"We used to drink wine and fruity drinks. Last night we had the best liquor money can buy. And my money I mean your lovely Fiancee money."

"Speaking of Fiancee, Are you guys engaged again?" Bambina wondered.

"I don't know exactly. We said we're going to see how this trip goes and take it a step at a time. Labels might complicate things if we don't know where our relationship is right now."

"Fair enough, might be smart to lower the guestlist for the next engagement party...to avoid disgusting whores." Juliana smirked.

"Oh, it will be different the next time around, trust me on that."

We ate breakfast and retreated back to our rooms to get ready for the day. We wanted to shop, get our nails and hair done, and go sightseeing before my birthday tomorrow. It also gave Dominic time to handle some potential business in the city. It took the entire day before we got back to the apartment, satisfied with the number of activities we managed to fit in the day. Our hair and nails were done in the salon at the foyer of the penthouse. After we ate at a cafe before heading to Time square to take some cute Instagram pictures. We also visited Brooklyn to find some unique clothing boutiques and our last stop was to Rhode Island to watch the sunset.

We decided to order in; Dominic did not want to a repeat of last night again. We ordered pizza and opened champagne the Airbnb host left us. Dominic joined us downstairs as we ate, drank and watched movies on Netflix. It felt nice to lay against Dominic on the couch as we eat greasy pizza and banter with my friends. No awkwardness, no fighting, every jab or remark from Juliana; Dominic dished it right back out. There was peace between us.

"Okay enough movies. It's time to get serious!" Juliana announced suddenly as she turned off the tv.

"What are you talking about now?" I wondered.
"Your birthday is literally in a few hours and we have NO IDEA what we're doing! Your 21 and we don't have any definitive plans."

"What are you talking about, Jules? We are going to dinner at Per Se and then we're going to watch Hamilton. We've had this plan for weeks." Bambina interjected.

"Dinner and a play, for your 21st birthday! Really? No, absolutely not. I tried to go along with the plan, I really did but I've been doing research. I think we can do your birthday with a big bang!"

"What big bang?" I questioned. I glanced back at Dominic who seemed way to calm during this conversation. He was staring at the dark screen of the television before glancing down at me.

"Leave it to me, please. I got this I promise, and to be safe we can still do dinner at Per Se and catch the play so we get the best of both worlds."

"I don't know Juliana..."
"PLEASE!!!! This is your chance to live it big. No offence but you haven't partied or had a great birthday in years. We have to do it big for you!"

I glanced back at Dominic and he shot me a warm smile with no words. He has no words for Juliana wanting to throw me an epic birthday and something about that is really troubling to me.

"Fine. We'll do the mix of both ideas."

"YAY, THANK YOU LOVE!" Juliana jumped and tackled me down on the couch. She smothered me until she could kiss me on the forehead and ran off towards her bedroom. I think I just made a terrible mistake.

We retired to our rooms around 10pm. We needed to get all the rest we can get to prepare for whatever horror Juliana has planned for us. As I showered and got ready to sleep, Dominic slipped out of the apartment. He left a note on my pillow saying he had to run some errands and he should be back by midnight.I tried to read to keep myself awake for when Dominic came back but I found myself nodding off by the time I crawled into bed.

"Sandra"
"Lessandra"
"Aly love, wake up." An angelic voice called out to me.

Slowly, my eyes opened to a large dark shadow and a yellow warm light by my bedside. A few more squints and my vision came to light. Kneeling before me, was Dominic holding a red velvet cupcake with a single pink candle. Beside me on the bed was a medium-size black velvet box. I looked over at my nightstand to see the clock. It was 12am on the dot. I pulled myself up.

"What are you doing?"
"Happy Birthday."
"Is this the errand you had to do?"
"Among other things, yes."

Dominic raised the cupcake towards my lips and waited for me to make a wish. Right now, everything is going so right that I don't have any wishes in mind. The only wish I could think of is making sure this rightness continues. I blew out the candles and took the cupcake from his hand. I started to eat as Dominic rose to sit on the bed.

"Thank you for the cupcake." I sang.

"You're welcome but the cupcake was just a sweet surprise. Your gift is sitting right beside you." He picked up the box and placed it on my lap. I placed my cupcake on the nightstand and slowly opened the box. Sitting on my lap is the most gorgeous diamond graduated necklace with a matching bracelet and earrings. My mouth dropped as I picked up the necklace and saw the diamonds practically sparkle in the moonlight. This is beyond beautiful. I've never owned something this exquisite in my whole life.

"You got this for me? Dominic, this is really...beautiful." I whispered."I had it made the night you came to Genoa. I can't have my girl walking around with no bling. It would look bad on me."

"Oh what a touching sentiment." I rolled my eyes. He's changed immensely but he's still a prideful man who cares about his appearance.

"Each jewelry has an engraving of a date when we spent the most perfect time together. The cottage, our first date, and when you came back to fight for something I was too weak to do. I don't know what Juliana has planned for the day but it would mean a lot if you wear these tonight."

"Of Course I'll wear it. I love it." I leaned in and gave Dominic a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you. For coming back to me. For making me fight for us. For helping me see that this is all I want. You saved me when you came back to Genoa."

"What are you saying, Dominic?" I knew from his words he wanted to say something but he was hiding his feelings with compliments.

"I'm saying, that after this weekend I want you to go home to Milian. Work, see your friends, your family, do whatever you need to do to come back to me. I want you back by my side. If it means waiting years so be it. I'm not letting you go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 64.9K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...
435K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
3.9M 97.9K 54
"let me tell you something, darling. you've unlocked a side of me, even I fear. but since you want to keep me up all night, challenging me, he's gonn...
287K 7.5K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...