purpose

By Matcha_Infires

She stood in the middle of the field, hands stained crimson. Only one memory remained. 'Destroy the tower.' (... More

[season 1] -welcome to the tower-
[season 1] -the tests-
[season 1] -teammates-
[season 1] -the doors-
[season 1] -bonus game-
[season 1] -bonus game ending-
[season 1] -encounters-
[season 1] -friendship-
[season 1] -instict-
[season 1] -team-
[season 1] -team 2-
[season 1] -the final position test-
[season 1] -frustration-
[season 1] -losers-
[season 1] -training-
[season 1] -get khuned-
[season 1] -aftermath-
[season 1] -last test-
[season 1] -closing-
-note-
[season 1 recap]
[season 2] -the next floors-
[season 2] -adrenaline rush-
[season 2] -floor 15-
[season 2] -sheepdog-
[season 2] -bloodlust-
[season 2] -secrets-
[season 2] -revealed-
[season 2] -khun-
[season 2] -floor 20-
[season 2] -the one i love most-
[season 2] -pain-
[season 2] -what is love-
[season 2] -answer-
-note-
[season 2 recap]
[season 3-pt. 1] -time skip-
[season 3-pt. 1] -a date?-
[season 3-pt. 1] -fug-
[season 3-pt. 1] -gone-
[season 3-pt. 1] -floor 27-
[season 3-pt. 1] -goodbye-
-note-

[season 2] -accidental confession-

643 52 32
By Matcha_Infires

***

***

Narrator P.O.V

***

---

As the team made their way out of the room (except for Lauroe of course), Hatz bumped past them, running at full speed.

"Wait right there, mr. Swordsman." Endorsi said, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back.

It looked like he ran from quite the distance, sweat was dripping down his face.

"She said she wants to be alone."

Hatz clenched his teeth and nodded reluctantly. And though he knew it wasn't the case, a small voice in the back of his mind told him that maybe she didn't want to see him. Maybe she blamed him for getting hurt. Those thoughts frustrated him to no end.

"Don't look so down, how about we have a small talk, just the two of us?"

The rest of the team already went ahead, leaving the two to be alone.

Hatz nodded in response, but his face showed no trace of interest in any form of talk right now. Not if it wasn't with her atleast. But maybe Endorsi would be able to answer a question of his.

As the two made their way into the floor's mini town, Endorsi chose to have their conversation at a tiny cafe. It was quite the nice looking place, but was drowned out by all the other attractions near it. The detailed architecture was just loud enough to catch the eye, but just subtle enough to blend in with the town.

"I'll take the seasonal special."

The waiter turned to Hatz.

"And you?"

"Water."

The two were left to the sounds of chattering voices in the cafe, and the clinking dishes that were constantly being collected.

'Oh my gosh, how does (y/n) talk to him? He's even worse than usual today!' Endorsi deadpanned.

The waiter brought their orders, silently avoiding the tension.

"So...how are you feeling?" Endorsi asked.

"..."

His silence only irritated her further.

"Don't play dumb, I'm asking you about (y/n)!"

Luckily, the loud bustling of the cafe made her exclamation indistinguishable from the other noises. Hatz reluctantly gave Endorsi an answer.

"...weak."

At this, Endorsi gave him a questioning look.

"I have not nearly trained myself enough to go up this tower with her."

'So that's what this is about.' Endorsi thought, her eyes widening in surprise.

"I see...but I'm asking you how you feel about (y/n) herself." Endorsi added.

She took another bite of her cake as she waited for his response.

"How I feel...about (y/n)?"

Endorsi nodded impatiently.

"Actually...that is, I have a question for you about (y/n)." Hatz stated.

"What is it?"

"Before she was unconcious, she said..." Hatz started.

Endorsi leaned in, urging him to go on.

"She said that I was the one she loved most...is that true? Perhaps I am just overthinking things..."

"She said what?!" Endorsi exclaimed.

'To confess at a moment like that...and she didn't even tell me?! Well, it's not any of my business anyways, but this is just too good to pass up!'

"W-well, I guess I do know something about that..." Endorsi said, regaining her composure.

'Should I really say it? Well there's no going back now...no, this isn't my place to say anything.'

"But that's a question you should ask her yourself." Endorsi stated, "while we're on the topic, how do you feel about her?"

---

***

(Y/n) P.O.V

***

"And so, that's what happened." Endorsi finished.

I stared at her, still in shock.

"Wait, did he really ask that?"

"Yes, and I can't believe that you didn't tell me about the confession yourself!"

It felt like a million walls were closing in on me at once.

"But-I didn't think I actually said that out loud! What am I gonna do?" I asked, panicking.

"Well, he's going to come visit you any minute now. Y'know, since I told him to ask you about it."

"Can you atleast tell me what he said about me?" I asked desperately.

Endorsi shook her head.

"It's not my place to say. Ask him yourself."

A knock on the door ensued her comment. Knowing who it probably was, my heartbeat accelerated tenfold, if that was even possible.

"Can I come in?"

I gave Endorsi a pleading look.

"Sure, I was just about to leave." She said, opening the door.

'Well f*ck you too.'

As Hatz entered, my mind ran around in circles. He stood by the doorway, staring at me in awe. I wasn't sure what to do.

"Um...hi." I said, giving him a small smile.

He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, as though trying to hold himself back. Before I could say anything more, I was attacked.

With his arms.

Around me.

'Jsbsjsjsghsj!?'

He tightly hugged me, not saying a word and snuggling his face into the crook of my neck.

'Is-is he drunk? No, that can't be it...I mean, I did practically just sacrifice my life for him...'

I slowly reciprocated his hug, wrapping my arms around him. This motion made him hug me even tighter, which was something I was not emotionally prepared for.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled out, "I was too weak to protect you...I didn't mean for you to get hurt. I don't know if you can forgive me, but-"

"Hatz." I interrupted.

I pulled away from the hug and squished his cheeks with my hands.

"It's. O-kay. Really." I said.

"But-"

"Nope, not taking it. I did it cause I love you, there's no need fo-"

I paused.

Holy shit.

I took my hands off of his face and nervously laughed, looking away. The loud thumping of my heart was getting louder and louder, and the butterflies in my stomach were ready to come out.

"So...it's true? You meant it?" Hatz mumbled out.

I looked to him for his reaction.

Oh my gosh.

'Sir don't give me another heart attack, I'm begging you-'

His mouth was ajar and his face was bright red, all the way to his ears. After a moment he coughed and looked away, covering his face with his arm.

"Well, I don't remember saying it out loud at that time, but yeah...I meant it." I said, gathering up my courage.

"I...I'm sorry, I'm going outside to think." He said, rushing out the door.

I sat in silence.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513K 21.1K 69
*A Zutara fanfic* Kara has been living in a little fishing village in the northern Earth Kingdom for as long as she can remember--literally. She woke...
73.2K 2.5K 31
╰┈➤ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 A girl from the real world gets isekai'd to the Universe of Demon Slayer. What she didn't expect, was to be stuck in a harem bet...
124K 2.5K 52
It starts off as Aphmau arriving to Phoneix Drop. Meeting 2 guards Zenix and Garroth.... But theres a third with them. Named Laurence. Once she gets...
19.8K 1.2K 31
Disclaimer: I don't own Tower of God and the characters it belongs to SIU. The only thing that is mine is the plot and some of my original characters...