Promise- Minsung

By Skz_forever15

A long time ago, the Western Lee Kingdom was promised a bride for the then infant, Prince Lee Minho. The King... More

What's up?
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One (Ending)
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Sequel Notice!

Chapter Sixty Four

1.9K 94 66
By Skz_forever15

Their training was finished. They had the last day to practice on their own and write home to loved ones to tell them of their future.

Which meant that Minho did the same.

With his friends, husband, children and brothers all gathered around they spent the day together. Mostly because his brothers hadn't really interacted with either Hei-ran or Yeong before and they didn't want to have later regrets.

Overall, Minho tried to ignore the inevitable future that was looming over his family and his mind the entire day that he was supposed to be enjoying with his family. It was like death was hanging over the camp making everyone anxious.

Jisung would not be riding out with him the next day. He would be staying behind as a last barrier between the fighting and the defenseless inside the base such as the kids and untrained. They would not be able to fight together.

That was what made Minho the most anxious. Not the fighting or death to come, but the fact that if their troops fell then Minho would likely not be able to make it back to the mountain camp to protect Jisung and his children.

Jisung seemed to sense that Minho was feeling this way because he stuck right by his side the entire day, rarely letting his hand fall.

Changbin and Yongbok as well were feeling rather sentimental, despite the fact that Yongbok was still mad at Changbin. He let it go for the day since they didn't know what was going to happen in the future.

As the day passed and the evening came along with good food and a table full of family and friends, Minho sat at the head and raised his glass.

"Let's cheers tonight," he said softly, his eyes closed tight as he tried to ignore the upcoming battle he was to face. "To our family and friends that may be sitting at this table, or might be at home thinking of us. Let's cheer for us tonight."

"Cheers!" called the adults, raising their glasses before downing them. The kids had tea.

Jisung sat at Minho's side, his hand stretched under the table to rest on Minho's thigh. "Are you alright?" he asked softly, his thumb brushing back and forth soothingly.

"I'm alright," Minho reassured him, leaning in to press a kiss to his forehead. He didn't really care if anyone saw. They were married after all, and this was his love sitting in front of him. His world, really. And if there was a chance he would lose him tomorrow... Minho didn't want to have any regrets just because he was afraid of what other people thought.

After they had put Hei-ran and Yeong to bed with a kiss to their foreheads and a sweet goodnight, Minho and Jisung retreated to their room.

"Come here," Minho whispered as he lay down on the bed and opened his arms wide for Jisung to hug his chest.

Jisung didn't protest. He lay down on the bed with Minho and pressed his forehead to Minho's chest with a deep inhale. "I don't want tomorrow to come."

Minho held him close, his hand going up to run through Jisung's long hair. "I know... I don't either," he whispered as he clung to his husband like his life depended on it.

"I love you," Jisung pulled away and looked up at Minho's face. "You better come back to me. I don't think I can live without you."

"I know. I can't either," Minho brushed back Jisung's hair. "I'll do my best. I'll ask the gods to grant me more time with you."

"I'll pray as well," Jisung legs tangled with Minho's as Minho pressed a kiss to his forehead. "And I'll go and find you and make you live if you die."

"I don't plan on dying."

"Whoever plans on dying?"

"Not me," Minho pulled Jisung up so that he was lying down on his stomach against Minho. "Let's just sleep, okay? The more you rest, the more strength you'll have."

"I got it," Jisung looked up for one more moment and lightly pressed his lips against Minho's before tucking his head under Minho's chin.

~oOo~

It was pitch black outside when they left. Minho hugged Jisung to his own body and kissed him deeply before picking up his children and giving them each a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back soon, okay?" he whispered. "Wait for me here, and take care of each other, alright?"

Hei-ran nodded and looked cute with a shimmer of determination in her eyes. Minho had no doubt she would try her best to keep her brother safe no matter what.

Changbin and Yongbok stepped away from the group, hanging in the shadows of the stable as they shared a last kiss, Changbin kissing Yongbok's forehead before forcing himself to pull away and mount his horse.

Minho looked around the stable, his eyes finally resting on a tall grey stallion in the far stall.

"Is that...?" he whispered.

"You should ride him," Yongbok told him as he walked forward. "What His Majesty said is nonsense. There is not another horse I trust more than him, and he is still full of spirit."

Minho let out a deep breath as he walked over to Cho and brushed his hand over his horse's nose. "Hey... I missed you," he whispered as he stroke his face.

Cho lowered his head down and nuzzled Minho with a snort. He was already in a saddle, metal pads covering his sides so that if they were shot at, it would be harder to pierce his skin.

Minho jumped up onto his back and went to join Changbin. Captain Kim Namjoon and his youngest brother were also there with Captain Jeon. The generals were yet to arrive back, much to the group's horror. They would have to go into battle without their best generals.

When they rode out of the cave the field in front of them was packed full of soldiers on foot and on horseback, who cheered as their leaders appeared.

Minho glanced to his sides where the other military leaders were all looking towards him to say something.

Pulling his sword from his side, Minho pointed it's tip to the sky, Cho rearing back on his hind legs. "Together, we fight for our countries! Fight with honor and bravery! We fight for all those who we love and we have sworn to protect!"

A loud roar came in return, Minho's chest swelling as he found his men raising their swords along with him, the cries of horses following Cho's as they all were filled with a deep spirit urging them to fight.

~oOo~

The quiet sound of twigs crunching under the feet of horses was the only sound that filled the air as the Northern, Eastern and Western armies all joined together and slipped into the forests.

The water was cold and stinging to their legs as they waded through the rivers that lead to the battlefield where they could already hear the sounds of the waiting southern armies.

Minho pulled his black mask over his face and ducked his head to avoid hitting a tree branch. Every one of their men had dressed the same. It would be nearly impossible to tell whether a captured man was a noble or just a commoner.

Changbin whistled softly to get Minho's attention from a few feet away. Minho turned to look at him and gave him a small nod. They were nearly there.

As they broke the cover of the trees, they could now see what they were up against.

"Shit..." Changbin murmured, the first word he had said in nearly an hour.

The army was so vast, it stretched over the hills in a sea of men.

Their army was probably a third, maybe a fourth of the size. "That's not good..."

Minho glanced over at him before he turned back and nodded to his men who were slinking silently through the forest after them, just as he had taught them. It didn't matter. They were going to fight no matter what, for their countries.

The Southern Army had spotted them. A large cry fell over the southern army as they taunted the small army that was arriving to face them.

Minho paid them no attention and instead walked Cho forward. Changbin followed after but let Minho take the lead as he rode out to the front of the field, leaving him men behind him.

A single other man came out to face him. This was the King of the Odueun Kingdom that had come to meet him.

(어두운 literally means dark. Pronounced Oh-dew-ewn)

"And who may this be who dares to face off to me?" asked the king who was in full armor. "Who dares?"

Minho narrowed his eyes before he reached up to his ear and pulled his mask from his face so that the middle aged king could see the young man who opposed him. "I am Prince Lee Minho of the Lee Kingdom, and you are trespassing on Han Kingdom Land."

"Prince Lee Minho?" his eyebrows rose. "Aren't you supposed to be the dead faggot husband of the Han Kingdom? Is that why you have come to meet me? Is this an insult?"

"No, of course not, Your Majesty. Only that I represent both the Han and the Lee Kingdoms, as well as the Geulimja Kingdom today. We will give you more chance to retreat from our land and halt your assassin's attacks on our country or we will fight to the last man to chase you from our land."

"Ha!" the Odueun King threw back his head and laughed. "If we were to just back off like that we wouldn't have come all this way. We've been planning for years!"

"I'm afraid we have as well," Minho pinned his mask back up around his face. "And we will not be backing down and letting you take our countries. Please fight with bravery, Your Majesty."

"Indeed, and you as well!" he laughed as he turned his horse around and galloped back to his group.

Minho didn't move from where he stood. Instead his men came and formed a half circle around him, their swords drawn. The archers in the back sat tall on their horses, hands reaching back to their quiver of arrows.

Minho sighed. This was not what he wanted to happen, but if it would save his country and his family, it would be worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 29.3K 23
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
1M 15.3K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
601K 32.1K 50
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ☆|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
427K 23.8K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...