Persona F

By daleketchup

In the city of Eshlur, there is a high school called Gastro High School. There houses a sophomore student tha... More

Prologue
The train ride to the new school
The strange new world
Lethe
Rikiya's awakening
Hey! Go get a job!
Gearing up to save Shadow Ai
Shadow Ai's paradise Pt. 1
Shadow Ai's paradise Pt. 2
Ai's awakening
Waiting for Ai to recover
Golden Week
Tomomi's thanatophobia
The Angel in Black Armor
Shadow Tomomi's rescue Pt. 1
Shadow Tomomi's Rescue Pt. 2
Tomomi's Awakening
Waiting for Tomomi to recover
Tomomi joins the Sovereign Heroes
Fears
Depths of Hel

The Personal Demons

91 3 4
By daleketchup

            Inside Lethe, Hirozaku, Kap and Rikiya see that this Lethe is different from their previous encounter with Lethe. While Rikiya's Lethe had reversed or some upside down elements, this Lethe is just one straight line forward. Like a cave that proceeds down a long hall. "This is Yoshinaga's Lethe?" Rikiya asks outloud. "Everyone's path of Lethe is different one way or another such as with you, Rikiya, you are a guy who tries to become different." Kap says. "It depends on how that person is, like Yoshinaga, who seems to be a straightforward person." Kap adds. As the two are communicating, Hirozaku sees a door labelled "Velvet Room" in the window like a principal's office and outside is Agatha right in front of a door. "Hello, dear student. Do follow me inside." Agatha requests. Hirozaku follows and finds himself sitting at the Velvet Room again. "Welcome to the Velvet Room." Igor says. "This place is where you can fuse, strengthen and itemize your personas. You are free to try this out. You have collected a number of personas in your first route within this location." Igor says. "And speaking of which, I congratulate you on getting your third Zodiac Link." Agatha says as she places a stamp on a piece of paper, revealing the stamp to be a pig, turns it over and it shows Ryota. "Well, I did manage to get Nekomata." Hirozaku says as he summons a Nekomata and suddenly also summons an angel, who is a woman with golden wings, with the hair of a lapis lazuli, having a leash with a chain, a halo on their head, a leather blindfold, and some robes as clothing. "Since when did I get that?! And why didn't I summon her before?!" Hirozaku asks. "That reason is simply because you were unable to use a persona of your Zodiac Links at the time." "Yeah, you wanna explain what the Zodiac Link is? You wouldn't shut up about them, so what exactly are they?" "They are your social links that match your zodiac. For example, this Angel represents your friendship with that fast food worker." Igor explains. "Wait so, I didn't make Nekomata in this place. So how did that thing came to be?" Hirozaku asks. "Well, when you fought some shadows, you failed to notice that you have acquired some personas. Now that you summoned your second persona, you now have become more aware of the other personas at your beck and call. Now, we can fuse your personas and make it into something stronger." Agatha says. Then some very small doors appear and open up to reveal spikes inside, very similar to the small room from Matilda that can only fit some five year old children. Angel and Nekomata levitate towards the room to which it suddenly shuts. This causes the two to turn to persona mist and circulate Hirozaku and transform into Ukobach. A small and green devilish creature holding a giant spoon of fire. "Hello! I am your other self! I'm sure we will be the best of friends!" Ukobach says as it turns into blue flames and enters Hirozaku's eyes and ears, causing him to blink a few times before rubbing his eyes a bit. "Well, that was... kinda gruesome." Hirozaku comments. "I'd say they went out just as fast as the last guest's personas. That one involved some guillotines." Agatha says. "GUILLOTINES! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THIS ROOM?!" Hirozaku asks baffled. "Yes, I remember that one quite well, it also involved an electric chair and a noose if I recall correctly." Agatha replies. "SERIOUSLY! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?! DID YOU SAY ELECTRIC CHAIR AND NOOSE?! WAS THIS PLACE A PRISON?!" "And the iron maidens, don't forget the iron maidens, it's far more brutal than those small rooms obviously meant for children." Igor adds completely disregarding Hiro's last question but Hiro just stares at the two in utter shock as they casually brought up the death penalty related objects. "Oh my god, why am I still coming back here? Better yet, why did I sign that contract in the beginning? I should've read the terms and agreements all the way through." Hirozaku says in hindsight. "Until we meet again." Igor says as Hirozaku leaves the Velvet Room via his consciousness.

            "Yo, Hiro? You good? You've been staring at that wall for a good chunk of a while." Rikiya says. "Uhh... Yeah, I guess." Hirozaku says, holding his head. 'What the hell happened to the last guest?!' Hirozaku thinks. "Chiba-kun?! Tanimoto-kun?!" Yoshinaga's voice was heard. They turn to see Yoshinaga there. "I THOUGHT you said the portal locks down, Kap! It's like fucking New York City in here! First Rikiya and now her! At least Rikiya's makes more sense but her?! You better have a damn good explanation, you zebra colored bastard!" Hirozaku asks Kap very annoyed. "I am starting to think that I don't know everything about Lethe." Kap admits. "DOHOI! YOU THINK?!" Hiro asks mockingly. "Hey! I'm trying my best here! From the way I see it, it's not that the entrance is locked for everybody, nobody else has managed to make it in the place when I first entered. I am gonna try to put together how Lethe's entrances work. Let's say you, me and Rikiya enter the place, entering someone's Lethe. An unrelated third party person would be unable to enter Lethe unless they are persona users such as you and me, even if they are close friends to the person's Lethe we are entering, it wouldn't matter because they don't have a persona." Kap explains the best he can to the two guys while Yoshinaga is completely lost at what is going on, particularly because she is too occupied by the fact that there is a talking skunk that sounds exactly like the child Hiro was with earlier. "But when I first came here, it was with Rikiya and Tomomi! At the time, those two didn't have a persona, so explain that tomfuckery!" Hiro exclaims. "It may be because they were grabbing you, like a rope tied to an anvil, they were dragged into Lethe with you. How you got in from the very beginning without your persona is something I can't put my finger on though." Kap says. "Argh, Fucking Christ, that's just stupid. I swear to god, if somewhere down the road, we get some stupid bullshit with a unicorn riding in here with some complete and total prick, I am going to drown you in a vat of tomato sauce." Hirozaku threatens. "Ok, bigger question, how did she manage to get all the way over here and no shadow laid a finger on her?!" Rikiya asks. "Shadows?" Yoshinaga asks. "Well, we did just bash through all the available shadows in our way." Kap explains. "So we basically cleared a path for her." Rikiya says. "That's a way to put it." Kap responds. "Figures..." Hiro mutters. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have come. I just couldn't help but overhear your conversation earlier. You said something about helping me." Yoshinaga says. "Damn. Well, we can't do shit now. Fine, but remember, you gotta stand back. This whole fiasco is dangerous as all hell. You'll find yourself six feet under if you try to fight along side us. This shit isn't something you can just fuck around with." Hirozaku says. "Yes. I'll try to stay out of your way." Yoshinaga says.

The four enter the doors, which is what you'd expect if you are at some gladiatorial battlefield, and there is Yoshinaga's shadow, dressed in a peplos, or a long tunic, like in ancient Greece. Part of it has a belt over it to make it look like Shadow Yoshinaga has two pieces of clothing. She is sitting under a palm tree on an island with the ocean being seen for miles and miles as if this island is the only piece of land ever, all while Shadow Ai is caring for some doves. All of the doves have some resemblance to other students of Gastro High by accessories or hairstyle. Some having tattoos, earrings, a specific color of a backpack, in fact one of them has a small camera hanging from his neck, a camera looking just like Rikiya. "What the hell is all of this?" Hiro asks. "These birds... They're just like some people from the school!" Rikiya exclaims. "Yoshinaga, what is all this?" Hiro asks Ai. "W-well, you see, I always considered the students to be... just birds, birds that must fly. And as such, birds need some encouragement." Ai replies. "Well, she did always give off a pacifist vibe, so I guess this makes sense." Kap responds. One bird in particular though is covered head-to-toe in red, The same shade of red as Hirozaku's hair, this bird flies to a small branch on a tree where there is some chirping, the chirping would be Kap as a baby bird, with the same backpack, who is just cuddling up to the red bird. "Huh... I expected that bird to be more violent than that, at least to other birds that maybe bumped into it." Rikiya comments. "You know, I did too." Hiro agrees. "Hey Kap, you think that bird would be BIRD-ozaku?" Rikiya asks to which Kap tries to hold in a laugh, signifying his love for stupid jokes. "Rikiya, just don't..." Hiro says disappointedly. "Oh sorry, do you prefer Hiro-HAWK-u?" "Shut up." Hiro groans at Rikiya's alternative suggestion. "Hello friends. I am Ai Yoshinaga, and I welcome you to my domain." Shadow Ai says as she gets up with the birds stepping out of the way for her as she approaches the group with her yellow pupils. "I wish for a world of peace, a world where one can spread their wings and just let go of all hardships." Shadow Ai says. "Hirozaku Chiba. I understand that you have had some hardships yourself. I apologize of what happened with your father. Hopefully, you consider our glorious school to be one of peace. One where no one can hurt you." Shadow Ai says as she gently puts a hand on his cheek like a nun would a child who has been bullied. Hiro responds by gently pushing her hand away and turning his head to look straight at Yoshinaga with an eye piercing glare. "You wanna tell me why the hell you know that?" Hiro asks with an annoyed tone. "I-I'm sorry, I was forced to know who you are..." Ai responds. "Forced to-" Hiro asks all baffled. "By who?!" He asks again, this time angrily. All of a sudden, the floor starts to shake and several of the birds start to fly away from fear. "Woah! Is this an earthquake?! Can natural disasters happen in Lethe?!" Rikiya asks trying to hold his balance. "Doubt it! It has to be her cognition!" Kap responds. Suddenly, an entire castle emerges from the infinite liquid around them and suddenly a bridge also emerges between the island and the castle. Soon after, some beings in gold armor start to step fourth, with tridents having a crescent moon shaped form at the tip. Out of the bridge is a woman who stands rather tall in her heels. She has an hourglass figure that compliments the white and red bikini, as if signifying Japan. However, the real surprise is that she is Megumi Maebara, the school president, who bears a crown in the form of a trident. "Yoshinaga!" Cognitive Megumi exclaims to which Shadow Ai quickly rushes over to her. "Yes, your grace?!" She asks frightened. "I see that you have found some... acquaintances." Cognitive Megumi says as she glares at the group. Suddenly, Birdozaku flies straight at Cognitive Megumi only to be caught by one of her guards, whose arm turns into a literal eel to wrap around Birdozaku, cooing angrily like the real Hiro would. "If you don't enter the palace, you are to watch as Hirozaku Chiba is to be executed along with his little brother!" Cognitive Megumi says as the other guard grabs the bird version of Kap. "No please! I'll come with you..." Shadow Ai says in defeat. "Good. Place those two in a cage. We don't want them to escape." Cognitive Megumi says. The guards place both birds in separate cages, with bird Kap cooing like it's crying and Birdozaku angrily shaking the cage. "Hey! Your ass ain't going anywhere!" Hiro says as he summons his bat. "Deal with them." Cognitive Megumi tells her guards who start to morph into a giant beetle and into a pair of puppet like creatures who are held together by some poles going straight through them. "Son of a bitch! Ukobach!" Hiro exclaims, summoning the devil who shoots some fire attacks. "Take 'em down, Ugly Duckling!" Rikiya exclaims, summoning his persona, shooting water straight at the giant beetle. Kap jumps upwards and lands on the puppet twins, smacking their heads with the shovel. Once they fall, Kap jumps to the giant beetle and stabs it through the back, ending both shadows.

            "This is bad! This is real bad! We have encountered a cognition who is holding a shadow hostage!" Kap says. "What does that mean?" Rikiya asks. "It means that within two weeks, Yoshinaga may be diagnosed with KROWBAD-21! And if we don't do something soon, she would inevitably take her own life!" Kap says. "So why did this happen to Yoshinaga but Rikiya here is all hunky dory?!" Hiro asks. "Because he was already a hostage to begin with. Some cognitions lock their shadows in their own paradise, preventing them from leaving. If we did nothing, Rikiya would've died in two weeks! What we did for his family just helped loosen his chains, making it easier for us. But if we just storm in, we would definitely get our asses handed to us!" Kap explains. "So in the case of Yoshinaga, we gotta talk to the president." Hiro puts together as he and Rikiya turn to the vice president who looks away, having a hand on her arm. "I've always had a difficult time with the president. Since my freshman year, I've always wanted to help people by being kind, by not resorting to unnecessary violence. I've always been a pacifist, Maebara on the other hand... Let's just say that she would follow the former leader, Masayoshi Shido, if it did not include genocide. Just ruling with an iron fist." Yoshinaga explains. "Ok, first of all, I should slap you for comparing that ice queen to Shido, I mean how many people did you think died because of him?! And that ain't mentioning the rumor of a bastard child, which I am 90% sure is true. Second of all, this whole thing is really due to your different ideologies on how to rule a school? Sounds kinda like a big leap. After dealing with Rikiya's problems, I doubt I am brave enough for politics" Hiro replies. "To be fair, it isn't entirely in politics, that only happens in anime where the student council is practically a goddess." Rikiya says. "True, but it still feels like a leap. How long do we got until we save her shadow, Kap?" Hiro asks Kap. "Starting now, two weeks. We gotta save her shadow and fast. I say that it's best that we stock up on some equipment." Kap says. "What kind of equipment?" Rikiya asks. "Just items that heal us, and some others that give us energy to cast spells. Some weapons too, nothing too shabby." Kap responds. "Where do we even get some shit like that?!" Hiro asks. "Medicine and energy drinks, we can handle but weaponry?! What, you think that a yakuza would just hand us weapons?! That's fucking stupid!" "Not... necessarily." Yoshinaga says. "Huh?! The hell are you talking about?!" Hiro asks. "You see... My uncle was once apart of the yakuza." Yoshinaga explains, causing silence to fill the air. "Your what?" Hiro asks. "My father cut off all connections and did whatever he can to keep our secret under wraps." "That sounds too huge to be true." Rikiya says. "Well, it's true. And it's the only place I could think of that can give us the weaponry that we need." "Hold on, WE?! At what point did you think you would fight alongside us? You are involved, but you don't got the shit that we do." Hiro says. "Listen, I can't just stand by as something that could cause my death in two weeks could be avoided! I am coming and that's that!" Yoshinaga says. "I won't fight but I will help you." "Look, we don't got time to argue this. Let's just go to this yakuza guy." Rikiya says. Hirozaku just sighs loudly and rubs the back of his neck. "Fuck it, you're involved, Yoshinaga. After all the shit you have seen us do, your ass is definitely with us on this train ride." "Thank you. And feel free to call me Ai." Ai says. "All right. Ai, let's get to your yakuza connections." Hiro says. "I hope we can be the best of friends." Ai responds as she does a bow. "I will do what I can to get in contact with my uncle. Hopefully he is understanding of our predicament. Let's meet up in my home tomorrow." Ai says. "All right. Let's do this." Hiro says. "Wait, I may need your contact information. In order for us to stay connected." Ai adds. "Right. Oh, and one more thing. If anyone asks, Kap here is Kaoru. We decided to give him that name." Hiro says. "Yes. I understand." Ai responds. They exchange contact information and head on home.

Once they have arrived, Hiro notices his mom is staring at an old photo, a photo that Hiro is all too familiar with. "Kap, you go on ahead. I will be right up." Hiro tells Kap. "Huh? You sure?" "Yeah, go ahead and take a shower." Kap has a confused look but heads upstairs regardless. Hiro approaches his mom. "Hey ma, I haven't seen that picture in a while." Hiro says. Rin looks up and smiles down at the photo. "Yes. This was when you were a baby. You were so happy and full of life." Rin responds. The photo in question is Rin with a baby Hirozaku with his father, who is currently covered by some light so one wouldn't get a clear grasp on what he looks like. "I know that you hate your father, but regardless of what happens, you shouldn't hold such anger in your heart." Rin says to Hiro. "I guess. But it'll be hard to forgive that man for all he has done. Tsk... look at me, I am now some idiot who growls at the slightest hint of compassion. How am I any different from that guy?" Hiro asks. Rin gets up and puts her hand on her son's shoulders. "Hiro. Listen to me very carefully. You are not like your father, because I know that deep down, deep within yourself, there is a man who wants to fight for justice. What you did with Kaoru, that is a true sign that you are completely different from your father, if you were not, then I doubt that young man would still be here by now." Rin tells him. "Unlike your father, you are open minded, you know of the evils and flaws in whatever you do, whereas your father, he is so egotistical and impatient. You... You are just angry is all. Tune your hatred and try to learn to forgive and you will see that you are much better than he." Rin concludes to her son. Hiro just looks down and has some tears swelling up. "Y-Yeah... Thanks ma..." Hiro says as he closes his eyes and lets a tear drop fall, to which Rin holds him close. "You are a mature young man who is different from your dad. And you will find more differences along the way." She adds. Unbeknownst to both of them, Kap watched the whole thing. 'Guess Hiro had some of his own heavy baggage... Kinda wish that Rin lady was my real mom after seeing this.' Kap thinks as he watches this wholesome exchange. Back with Hiro, Hirozaku is holding his mother close as time stops around him yet again.

"I am thou, thou art I...

Thou hast established a new companion...

With the Zodiac of the "Pisces", your journey is one step closer to its end..."

            Hirozaku is now capable of using Pisces personas. Time resumes as normal for Hiro as his mother gets up. "You know, if you want, we got some chocolate filled drumsticks in the freezer." Rin says. "Would you like some?" "I'd like that, ma." Hiro responds. "Ooh, can I maybe have some?" Kap asks, suddenly revealing his location. "Have you been hiding there this whole time, ya little rascal?" Hiro asks. "Uhh" Rin simply chuckles at Kap's little blunder. "You may have some Kaoru." Rin says as she gets up to the freezer, giving the two and giving herself some drumstick ice cream. Seeing the two eat their ice cream, Rin sees them as brothers, sharing a bond like siblings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 146 79
Yu Narukami and the Investigation Team have been looking for the one who's been throwing people into the T.V. and causing them to die. Yu figures out...
44.2K 954 63
"Makoto Naegi is the Ultimate Lucky Student as the esteemed school of Hope's Peak Academy. Now beginning his second year with little to no problems...
7.6K 164 64
"RISK FOR CHANGE, RISK AGAINST CHANGE." [HUGE P5R SPOILERS, this book's plot is built upon it.] 2016年12月24日 December 24, 2016 The Phantom Thieves hav...
3.7K 159 58
After spending a year at Kosei High School, Yusuke Kitagawa has no one to call a friend. That is until the newest honour student enrolls and a series...