Varian x Reader One Shots

By nikkimouse04

Just some one shots about you and the cutest alchemist in the universe :) Some one shots include minor swear... More

A/N
A Lantern Tradition And A Went-Wrong Confession
Truth or Dare
A Birthday Element
Thunder
The Last Ingredient
Teach Me Some Alchemy - Part 1

Teach Me Some Alchemy - Part 2

594 22 44
By nikkimouse04

A/N: Hi there! So I have to apologise again for taking so long to write this one shot, I simply had no time or I wasn't in the mood to write. But anyways, it's here now, I finally finished it! I hope you'll like it, and I also hope that you're all doing okay in this weird time. 

Also, thank you all so much for the 1K reads! I did not expect that to ever happen lol. It means so much to me :)

Have fun with reading, and happy holidays!

PS. Just like part one, this includes some swearing :)

********

It had been two weeks since your first lesson with Varian, and you'd made a heck of a progress. You could actually get formulas right now, and you understood pretty much everything. But that was not the only thing that had been going on. You had created something, something most people call 'feelings'.

Yes. You had feelings for Varian. You thought he was the cutest, smartest, funniest person ever. You really liked him. Something you weren't allowed to do. Of course, you weren't going to tell him, not anyone. You had no choice, because if your father found out about this, you'd be dead.

You also had no idea if Varian liked you back. You'd grown to be very good friends, and you two did flirt sometimes, but you could also just see it like flirting while he didn't mean it like that. Telling him you liked him was too risky, in multiple ways.

Oh, speaking of your progress in the alchemy business, you were going to have to show your father the progress you had made, by doing an experiment in Varian's lab, with your father watching. You were so looking forward to that. . . not. You were certain you were going to mess it up just because he would be watching, which was something that would always make you nervous. And then he would go crazy of course, and Varian was going to witness that.

Awesome.

These past two weeks, you had had multiple arguments with your father, and told Varian about it. He had been your mental support, which helped you a lot. Apparently, talking about your problems actually helped. So on that note, Varian knew all about your problems with your father, and he also knew damn well what the consequences would be if you'd break the rules he'd made up for you. And yet, your feelings for Varian kept growing. Just as they say, when it's not allowed you only want it more.

Today was the day of the of the "big" experiment. You were pretty nervous, but knowing that Varian would be standing by your side, ready to help when things would go wrong, made you a little calm.

"(Y/n), are you ready to go?" You heard your father scream from down the stairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" You yelled back from inside your room. You flew down the stairs and put your shoes and jacket on as fast as you could.

You left Corona together with your parents. Yes, your mother was coming too. You weren't afraid of her presence though, only of your fathers'. Varian and you were the only ones that actually knew you were getting better at alchemy. Your parents still had to see proof. Proof that you weren't sure you could give them, but you were going to try and keep your cool. You were praying that you weren't going to mess it up.

When you arrived at Varian's house, you all walked up to the door, already feeling the nerves go through your body.

*******

"Okay, let's begin." Your father said. You looked at Varian, who nodded. You knew that he was the only one in this room that believed in you. At least there's one person.

While you were gathering some ingredients for the potion, you saw Varian nervously looking at your father. It looked as if he was even more nervous than you, but for what? You thought it was probably for you, since he knew how important this was.

You whispered to Varian if he could grab the last ingredient for you, they were small nuts in a bowl, that were placed on the top shelf hanging from the wall. Varian nodded and reached for it, but dropped it on the floor. The nuts rolled over the floor, and your parents and you were staring at him.

"Oh sorry, I'm so sorry." Varian apologized mumbling, and both of you bend to the ground to gather some of the nuts. You noticed that his hands were shaking like crazy. "It's okay." You whispered to him, giving him a soft smile.

When you both tried to stand up Varian bumped his head on the downside of the table, making the glasses on it fall over, and the chemicals flood onto your father's shoes. Your father jumped up, but he was too late, the chemicals were all over his shoes, ruining them. You looked at your father in terror, knowing how angry he was. His face was turning red, and his eyebrows were strongly pointed down. The only difference to other times that he was mad was that he wasn't looking at you, but looking at Varian. Oh no.

"I'm so sorry sir, I didn't mean to. . . I'll buy new ones, I-I'm so sorry." Varian said. You looked at him, and saw the tears forming in his eyes. You wanted to say something, tell him that it was okay. You wanted to hug him, but you couldn't.

"(Y/n), we're leaving. Let's go." Your father said, firmly. Your eyes widened. That's not what you thought he was going to say. You expected him to yell at Varian, but he didn't. Still, you didn't want to leave. For multiple reasons.

"B-But I still have to do the expe. . ." You tried to say, but your father interrupted you.

"We're leaving. Now." The tone in his voice made a shrill go down your spine. You knew that if you won't listen to him, he'd probably kill someone. You grabbed your bag. Your parents were already waiting at the door. You walked past Varian and looked at him.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, and you smiled. "It'll be fine." You whispered back.

"(Y/n), come on!" Your father yelled. There it was. You left Varian's house, knowing that this was not over yet.

********

You walked down the stairs, because your mother had called you for dinner a few minutes ago. When you arrived at the table, you sat down and looked around. You're father was sitting at the table as well, still looking angry as fuck. Not that that was different from other days. Your mother gave you your food and sat down herself. Both of your parents were staring at you, and you knew damn well what they were going to talk about. 

"Your father and I have to talk to you about something, dear." Your mother started. Well fuck, here we go.

"About what?" You asked. You knew damn well about what. The awkward tension in the room made this conversation even worse.

"You're not allowed to see that Varian kid ever again." Your father said, with again, that angry tone in his voice that sent a shrill down your spine.

"Wait, seriously? Why not? He just ruined your shoes, that's all." You said. Your father groaned.

"That's all? The kid is a klutz, and I don't want you to hang out with those kind of people. They don't have a good influence on you."

"But dad! You haven't even seen me do the experiment! You don't know if I've become better at alchemy! You don't know if he's a klutz, but I know he's not! He's a genius!" You said, not able to control your anger. This was so ridiculous. It was an accident!

"We don't want you around him anymore, no discussion," He said and paused for a second, but continued, "We're also sending you to a school in another country, so you won't be able to see him anymore, and you'll get the best education."

"Excuse me? Do I have any say in this? This is ridiculous! I'm not going!" You screamed. Your father slammed the table and stood up. Your face turned pale as you were looking in his eyes. It was as if something had taken him over. Anger.

He grabbed you by the collar of your dress, forcing you to stand up from your chair. You couldn't breathe.

"Do not talk to me like that, young lady." Your father said, with gridded teeth. You were scared, but apparently your mouth wasn't.

"I'm not going to that school, and I'll keep seeing Varian. I'm not going to listen to you." You said back. Oh. . . You were so stupid. Why did you say that? And suddenly, your whole cheek was hurting, and you fell on the ground. Had your father just. . .? No, this was a dream right? He would never hurt you. . .

But you knew deep down that this wasn't a dream. Your father had slapped you, right in your face. And your mother didn't do anything about it.

Tears were flooding down your cheeks, but you didn't even notice them. You were only focused on one thing. The door.

You leapt yourself of the floor, and ran out the door, right into the heavy rain. You were running and running, not knowing where to go. Not until you thought of one particular person that you knew would understand.

********

You loudly knocked on the door of Varian's house, hoping he'd hear you and open the door. You held your elbows, since you were freezing from the rain. You forgot to put your coat on when you ran out. Well, fuck that.

Luckily, the door quickly opened.

"(Y/n)?" Varian said, as he examined you, trying to figure out what you were doing at his house in this weather.

"C-Can I-I please come in?" You asked sobbing, since you were still crying. Varian nodded and stepped aside. He hadn't noticed the red hand that was clearly visible on your cheek yet. You were soaking from the rain, causing the floor to get all wet the second you stepped in. The rain was dripping off your hair and face, and Varian stared at you with widened eyes.

"A-Are you okay? Do you need anything? A blanket? Or maybe dry clothes?" He asked, clearly concerned about the state you were in. You smiled, and then he noticed it. His worried face became even more worried, as he put his hand on your cheek.

"W-What happened? Who did this to you?" He asked, clearly angry at the person who had done this. You sadly looked at the ground, but Varian lifted your face up, with his hand under your chin, so you would look at him.

"(Y/n), who did this to you?" He repeated, now with a very angry tone in his voice.

"I-It doesn't matter." You said, as you pushed his hand away from your chin and looked away from him. "It matters to me. I can't let anyone do this to you." Varian said. You looked back at him, while a tear ran down your cheek.

"M-My father. . ." You said, not even believing it yourself. You knew that your father had anger-issues, but you couldn't believe that he would hurt you. That he had hurt you.

"Y-Your father? Was it because of what happened? Because of what I did?" Varian asked, sounding very shocked. You looked in his eyes and saw him think. Deep thoughts.

"Varian, it's not your fault. I had a fight with my father. It is my fault." You said, trying to make him feel better. And you weren't even lying. It was your fault. If you hadn't yelled at him like that. . .

"No, you know whose fault it is?" He said and paused, putting his hand on your cheek, "It's your fathers. He hurt you, something fathers shouldn't do, no matter what." You softly smiled, and blushed a little at the touch of Varian's hand. "You know what you need? You need some hot chocolate, come on." He said, and pulled your arm. You laughed a little and followed him.

He brought you into the living room and told you to sit down on the couch, while he was going to make hot chocolate for the both of you. A few minutes later, he came back into the room with two mugs, and gave one to you. He sat down next to you, and smiled.

"Thank you." You said, and smiled back. While drinking your hot chocolate, you told Varian exactly what happened, why your father had slapped you. Where he was going to send you. A place you weren't gonna go. When you finished your story and the drink, you looked at Varian.

"I still feel like it's partly my fault though," Varian said, "I'm the one who ruined your experiment." "Don't you get it? I don't care about that stupid experiment. And it's really not your fault. Honestly, I don't think I'm ever going back to my parents. I don't want to see them anymore." You said. Varian frowned, "Then where are you going to stay?"

"I don't know," You answered, "At least somewhere else than my house." Varian's face softened, "You can stay here if you want." He offered, and you smiled. "Sounds like a plan. Thank you, again. For everything." You said, and looked Varian right in his eyes. It was as if his blue eyes were sparkling as he said, "You know I'm always here for you, no matter what."

Those words made the butterflies in your stomach do back flips. That was the nicest thing anyone had ever said to you. To be honest, Varian was the nicest person you had ever known. He made you feel worthy, safe. He made you feel like you didn't have to be perfect. That you were perfect the way you were. That you didn't need to change.

And then you did it. You kissed him. You had pulled him close to you, and pressed your lips against his. Against his warm, tasting like chocolate lips. When you softly let go, you opened your eyes and looked at him. His eyes had widened. You started to doubt about your decision. Maybe this wasn't right.

"I'm sorry," you whispered and looked away from Varian, "I don't know wh-"

Your sentence was interrupted by Varian. He had turned your head with his hand back to him, and had pulled you close, to kiss you again.

For once, there were no rules to follow, no feelings to hide. This was your night. Your choices to make. And you were finally going to do what you had dreamt of doing the past weeks. Or well, you were already doing it.

Suddenly, all the lights went out. What? You thought by yourself. Oh, the power must have fallen out or something.

But Varian nor you seemed to care. You continued your passionate kiss in the dark. Or maybe kissing wasn't the only thing you and Varian were going to do.

Well, you know what you did. . . ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
899 39 6
It was always just [Name] and Varian against the world. Best friends until the end of the lines. Despite the many disasters that come through their w...
26.8K 982 38
"Sometimes, when there are no given steps, you need to take the first ones." ~-~ Years have passed since Varian first met Cassandra. Life is going ok...
772 24 9
**DISCONTINUED** I need a book of smaller shorts that i write and have saved in my drafts that never see the light of day. So here it is! Mostly just...