Remnant's Favorite Spartan (N...

Von nobleT45

Noble 6 was one of only two Spartans ever designated as 'Hyper Lethal.' Everyone thought he died on Reach, bu... Mehr

Chapter 1: Lone Wolf
Chapter 2: Initiation
Chapter 4: A Spartan's Honor
Chapter 5: The Grim Reaper
Part 6: Encounter
Chapter 7: Forever Falling
Chapter 8: Carter
Chapter 9: Unofficial Business
Chapter 10: Warthog Run
Chapter 11: Plans in Action
Chapter 12: Reha 'Sagam
Chapter 13: The Whole Gang
Chapter 14: Tell me Muse...
Chapter 15: Grifball
School is a Bitch
Chapter 16: More Missions?
Chapter 17: Your AI Assistant, Gavin
Another Author's Note
Chapter 18: Down to Business
Chapter 19: The Kinda Big Decision
Votes!
Chapter 20: Wanna Tango?
Chapter 21: Reverse Invasion
Some Thoughts on RvB: Zero (Spoilers)
Plans For The Rest of This Book
Chapter 22: Rescue!
Chapter 23: No Rest, Just Action
Chapter 24: To No One's Surprise
Chapter 25: The Bastards
Why
Chapter 26: Big Bad Guys That Are Bad
Chapter 27: To a Pulp
Chapter 28: Overpowering Force
Chapter 29: The Beginning...

Chapter 3: First Impressions

4.9K 60 139
Von nobleT45

"Monsters! Demons! Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey!" Professor Port boasted, laughing afterward. So he's one of these guys. Kinda reminds me of a very cocky, shorter, and fatter version of Emile. He then makes that into a transition into a story from his childhood, right after he attempted to flirt with Yang, that is. I've tuned out at this point. "A true huntsman must be honorable! A true huntsman must be dependable! A true huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise! So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?!"

"I do sir!" Weiss yells, raising her hand. I also raise my hand. 

"And I believe I do as well. And I'm willing to show you." 

"My my! You're like a young me, Noble! Grab your weapons and we'll find out!" I stand up and walk down to him. 

"I don't need them." 

"Maybe a little cocky..." 

"You say it like your not." The class lets out a collective 'oo.' He scoffs at the class turning on him. 

"Very well." He brings out a cart that contains a Boarbatusk. He used his axe to break the lock, and the creature charges. I wait for it to get a foot away. I then step forward and grab the Grimm by one of its tusks. I lift it up, and it's squirming as it's in hanging in the air. I bash it into the ground and the floor cracks, and the Boarbatusk fades to nothing. I walk back to my seat and sit down. Special reinforced seats where put where I sat. Everyone just stares at me, completely in awe. Port clears his throat. "Why are you even in school! Your already ready to fight!" 

"I aim to please." I turn back and see Weiss is currently fuming in anger. 

"I could do better..." She comments.

"Whatever you say." I turn back to the lesson. Something tells me I'll be fighting her soon. I just shrug. 

"I have more Grimm if you wish to attempt to top him, M. Schnee." Port said.

"Yes, I would like that." She gets changed and comes back into the room. He rolls out another Boarbatusk and before the fight begins, Ruby cheers her on. 

"Yeah! Represent team RWBY!" 

"Ruby! I'm trying to focus!" Weiss snaps. I turn to Ruby, and she looks a little deflated. Her fight continues and, well, she hasn't exactly topped me whatsoever. 

"Come on Weiss! Show it who's boss!" Weiss glares at Ruby as she said this, and she sulks back even more. This shot at Ruby costed her her weapon, as its flung across stage, Weiss also thrown. I groan at Weiss's snobbishness. She avoids another attack, giving her a window to retrieve the sword. "Go for the belly! There's no armor underneath-" Ruby's advice is cut off by Weiss once more. 

"Stop telling me what to do!" This breaks Ruby, and she looks completely destroyed. The fight continues, and Weiss kills it by following Ruby's advice. Class ends and we leave the room. Ruby tries to confront Weiss, but she only bats Ruby down more. I Ruby's shoulder, startling her. Guess that's what happens when your nearly two feet taller and four times more armored than someone. 

"Did Ozpin make a mistake, Noble?" 

"When Noble team was... still around, Noble 1, Carter, was our leader. He held us together, and he gave up his life for me and 4. He was the best leader anyone could ask for, and I was his lieutenant. He ordered us around, yes, but when he did... it didn't feel like orders. It felt like he was just looking out for us, for the people we protect." 

"Why are you telling me this?" 

"Because when I look at you, I see him. A fearless leader who would give everything for her team." 

"This Carter sounds like a hero. I'm not." 

"I don't believe that." I walk off, leaving her happy. I get a notification on my scroll. 

"Noble 6, I believe." 

"Who are you?" I text back. 

"That matters not. I wanted to confirm you were here." I try texting back again, but I get an error message. I put my scroll away, confused. No point on wondering who it is. I'll talk to someone. History class passed pretty quick, along with the others. Lunch rolls around, and my first real challenge arrives. Eating lunch without my face being seen. On Reach, I could just blend in with the other Spartans, but being a massive makes it difficult. I grab my food, and my saving grace arrives. 

"Noble 6, please report to your dorm with your food. That is all." Goodwitch said over the PA. Nice. I leave, tray in hand. I unlock the door and enter, nobody there. I see a note on the massive table I set up. 

"You're welcome. You can come here to eat from now on." I laugh in relief. I eat my lunch in peace. I come back to the cafeteria after five minutes, my tray empty. That was about ten times better than Reach. I turn in the tray and take a seat with RWBY and JNPR. 

"What happened?" Yang asked, curious. 

"Nothing. Just some stuff about being solo." 

"You're not solo! Your apart of team... erm... JNNPR! With an extra N." Jaune said, letting out a nervous chuckle. "Well, until you go with RWBY..." now he's almost sad. 

"What would we be with 6?" Ruby asks. 

"Oh! Team... Um... Yah I got nothing." Yang hangs her head in disappointment in herself. That was weird. 

"Um... can I talk to you for a minute?" Jaune asks nervously. 

"Yes, sir." I respond, getting up. 

"Sir?" Weiss asks, confused.

"Jaune is my leader." Jaune perks up like a dog when I said this. Weiss scoffs and he pulls me out of the cafeteria. 

"I need you to teach me to fight."

"I don't know how." 

"What are you taking about? You can fight like nobody else!" 

"Your not a Spartan. I don't know how to compensate." 

"Well... can you try your best?" 

"Sure. Show me your stance." 

"Um... what? With my sword?" 

"Fists. You don't have your sword on you."  

"Alright..." He puts his fist up. 

"No, raise your fists to your face. You have a breast plate." I raise his arms, but his elbows come out really far. "Look, eat your lunch. I'll show you something in the combat room with what time we got." I turn off to Goodwitch's classroom, and Jaune runs off to eat his food. I arrive there and Glynda sees me. 

"Lunch doesn't end for another half an hour Mr. 6." 

"I'm just showing Jaune a thing or two about hand to hand." 

"Please don't hurt him." She turns back to her papers and continues reading. After five minutes, Jaune arrives. 

"Alright! What do you have for me?" He asks, jogging into the stage. 

"Punch me." 

"What?!" 

"Before I lay you out." This threat kicks Jaune into action, and he ties throwing a sloppy right hook. I side step, grabbing his wrist and elbow, using his momentum to pull him past my body. I then sweep his legs, causing his to face plant. 

"Thanks for the reminder you have super strength..." He told me, getting up. 

"I barely did anything. I used your momentum against you, meaning I only had to direct the force I used, not exert it." 

"Really? It felt like I got hit by a truck..."

"Wood floor hurts." He laughs at this comment. 

"Guess your right. My jaw agrees also." I point across from me and he stances up again. 

"Now, kick me." 

"Great..." He does an extremely slow kick from his right. I grab his leg when it hits my side, turning and pulling him down. I go down with him, putting him in a leg lock. 

"That hurt a lot less." He said after I let go. 

"That's cause I never actually took advantage of the leg lock. I could have broken it." 

"Oh... thanks?" 

"Your welcome." I say this and we shake hands. I then start my actual lessons by teaching him a proper stance. That takes up what time we have, evidenced by everyone flooding in. We take our seats. 

"As you all know, this is your combat class..." Goodwitch goes into a basic rundown of her class and curriculum, taking up most of class. "Now, any volunteers to fight?" I raise my hand 

"I'll fight." 

"Yes, I'm curious to see what you can do." I walk to the locker room, grabbing my guns and MES, and that's all I really need. I nearly missed my combat knife I used for elites. It was a gift from Emile, for joining the team. I come back out and see nobody has volunteered to fight. "Well then... I guess it's up to Noble." She gestures to me. I guess I get to pick my opponent. I don't have to think long. 

"Pyrrha Nikos." The class goes into hushed conversation as I selected her. She went and changed. She comes back out in her combat clothes, and she raised her shield and lance. I put MES and activate it. I wish Emile could see this. She makes the first move. She jumps and starts by shield bashing. I counter by punching the shield as she bashes, creating a massive smack that fills the room. She slides back in her feet, and doesn't hesitate to charge again. This time she throws her shield behind me, using it as a platform to bounce off. I pull my magnum and shoot the shield multiple times, and raise my arms to block Pyrrha. Her lance is inches away from my visor. 

"You missed." 

"Did I?" Her attention goes to her shield hitting the ground offstage and out of play. I use this to grab her lance by the shaft and pull it over my shoulder. She losses gip as I toss it behind me. She jumps off of me, and I sheathe MES and clip the magnum to my leg again. Now I charge. Pyrrha tries kicking out my leg, but I kick it back. As this happens, she throws a tight hook, so I raise my arm in defense. I use my lunch larger stature to knee her in the chin, then punching her down and across the cheek. This puts her on the ground. She spins her legs, but I jump over the attempt to sweep me. I kick her in the chest, putting her back on her back. She rolls backward and onto her feet. She jabs for my face, so I brush it off to the side. I head butted her, causing her to stumble back. I grab her and throw her to the back of the classroom, eliminating her. I smirk under the helmet. The class is in a state of surprise, talking out loud about this victory. 

"Well done Mr. 6. You used your strength to your advantage very well. Pyrrha, you assumed that your opponent wasn't as competent as he was. Otherwise, you two impress me, your both ready for the Vytal Tournament." I go into the locker room after Goodwitch said this. What tournament? Oh well. I'll just ask someone later. I put my weapons in my locker, walking back out. I walk out and take my seat. "I'd like to talk to you after class, Noble." Goodwitch tells me.

"Affirmative." 

"Thank you." Class ends right after she said that, so I stand up and walk over to her. "General Ironwood wishes to see you." 

"Copy. When will I see him?" 

"Right now." Ironwood said, walking in. 

"Did you wait for a good entrance line?" I ask.

"The Atlesian military would love to break your armor down. You could have it back, of course." 

"I can't do that. I trust you fully, but I don't want one military to have the force of Spartans. Even if all militaries were given the tech, it would still be to dangerous to give anyone technology from another world." 

"I hope you'll change your mind. Really." 

"I'm sorry." 

"No, no. No reason to be. That's not the only thing we wished to speak to you about." 

"Good. More." 

"I want you to be our grim reaper." Ozpin said, also walking in. 

"Copy. Who needs to disappear?" 

"A White Fang camp was gotten... a little close for comfort." 

"When do I go?" 

"This weekend. I hope you'll be ready." 

"I'm already. But I need more ammo." 

"We'll give you whatever material you need." Goodwitch tells me. 

"Thanks. Now, I have some studying to do." 

"After you work on your... project?" Ozpin questions. 

"Guess I couldn't really keep it secret." 

"Tell me when it's done. I am quite curious how it turns out." The two men walk out, leaving me and Goodwitch. I follow them soon after, heading to the hanger.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

25.6K 499 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...
98.5K 1.2K 11
You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in the space time continuum leaves god with n...
17.2K 389 27
Reach under seige of the Covenant had fallen. The enemy had being ruthless and unrelenting as the invasion would claim billions of lives and only a f...
9.3K 212 13
Halo, but with an oddity. Reach. . . the only planet, other than Earth herself, where loss was not an option. Unfortunately. . . the enemy they face...