Is This Happiness

By shamelesshxte

After witnessing a murder in cold blood. Carmen has no other choice but to be protected by the Genovese crime... More

Is This Happiness - The Playlist
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90

18

4K 96 5
By shamelesshxte

don't forget to vote. thank you for reading mwah <3

   My state of confusion and euphoria lifts from my shoulders in an instant, sending my brain into a jungle of panic.

Imagines flash through my head, coming to a halt once I connect eyes with the driving madman.

Stefano has his jaw locked, gripping the wheel the hardest he could. His knuckles paled through his tan skin, having me worry once my eyes travel up his arm.

"Seatbelt." My dry throat breaks through the air sounding foreign to my ears. He speeds, leaving me no other choice but to panic even more.

My hands grip the seatbelt, pulling it to cover my body. "What?" He doesn't look to the side, focusing on having control of the car.

"You're not wearing your seatbelt." Panic was heard in my voice, sending a fast smirk to his lips. Letting out somewhat of a laugh, he mocks me.

"You care for my safety, prezioso?" His voice deepened as he spoke.

"Put it on!" I scream, feeling my chest tighten. He shifts gears giving me a side eye. He almost looked concerned, almost.

He completely ignored me looking in his rear views. "We're being followed." Those are not the words I wanted to hear.

I look behind us to see a SUV swerving around cars. "Stefano please i'm serious put it on."

My heart became loud dining in my ears, having me shut down. My hand shook, trying to swallow my breaths.

He shift the gears. "My hands are full right now, doll." d-

"Doll? Doll?" I repeat myself getting angry. Who is he calling doll. A dark laugh leaves his lips, "What happened to pretzel?"

"Pretzel!" He swerved, knocking me into the car door. He sends me an amusement look.

"You're right I am a doll, i'm a fragile human being, if you crash this car I will become a human pretzel!"

I scoff, forgetting the ringing of my heart for a minute. Long enough for Stefano to arrive to an airport. Not another plane.

Only one was on the runway sending a nervous spike to my chest. My family wasn't joining. It was just the two of us, where were we going.

I didn't know him. I might have some sort of attraction that I can't understand towards him, but he is a mob boss.

It's not like it's held me off this far, wow i'm shading myself. Thinking to myself, Stefano was already out of the car and holding my door open.

He held one of his tattooed hands out. I get out walking past him, and up the planes steps. This wasn't a game, I can't treat it like one.

Walking past the pilot, I smile.

Every day that I was around him, something just happens. He was a moving target, now I am. Halting in my steps I look the lavish jet over.

The interior was a light brown, making the white seats and couch pop. Hearing feet walk up the steps, I rush to a seat.

Stefano walks in with an unfamiliar man behind him. Paying me no mind they sit close to the entrance speaking in Italian.

Every so often Stefano's eyes drifted to mine. My eyes never left his body, trying to burn a hole into his suit.

Awhile pasts, we were in the sky now. I closed my window, receiving looks from the men. Sitting still, barely even moving. My mind travels to my family.

It was rare I had any reason to be away from them. I never had sleepovers, my knelt friend was Jason. He would stay at my house.

A mans blood was on my hands. I didn't have to be the one to pull the trigger. Earlier happened, and it was because of me.

My chest aches again, sending tears burning my eyes. I made no noise looking to me left, trying to shield my face with my hair.

Knowing my family was accompanied by Harpers parents, their friends. Made me feel a sense of relief.

My life 4 days ago, I couldn't ever think these things into existence. I knew deep down that this was just the beginning, that didn't mean I wanted to come to terms with it.

Feeling the tears dry up, I lift my head trying to sneak a glimpse of Stefano. It doesn't surprise me seeing him looking back at me.

I have come to terms with the fact that Stefano felt protective of me. It wasn't hard to see, my mom pointed it out the first 20 minutes of us being in the same room.

I think of it as him just seeing me as Harpers friend. As he said someone she thinks a lot of.

I'm sure he wouldn't want to fuck Harpers best friend. What makes me any different.

Hazel Johnson. We never got along, she made it known from first grade. I knew Hazel and Harper had sleepovers.

Maybe they did have a thing, maybe i'm quite literally a doll to him. Just for use.

I wouldn't mind. I bite my lips seeing his eyes travel down, "Would you like anything?"

An Italian girl asks me, coming out of nowhere. Her accent was thick, her eyebrows were amazing.

"Vodka, straight-"

"No." Stefano speaks, interrupting me. He unbuttons the front of his shirt, resting back against the seat. "La ragazza avra l'acqua."

I cross my legs, feeling his voice do things to me. Everyone turned their heads noticing.
Stefano raised an eyebrow, looking to the man next to him. "I don't want water."

"You understood that?" He accuses.

I roll my eyes. "Obviously everyone knows what aqua is Stefano, it's common knowledge."

"Lei mi piace." My eyes drift to the man sitting across from him. He had light brown hair, a scar ran from his right eye to his nose. He wore all black, including a bulletproof vest.

That's not cornering at all, where's mine at?

"If only I had a phone." I muttered, dusting off my pants. "What do you need with a phone?"

"To translate." I squint my eyes at the two of them. The attendant arrives back, holding a bottle of cold water.

I hold my arm out for the dramatic affect before starting my performance.

"If it's not sparkling, I just cant." She looks annoyed, before recovering her look of judgement. "This is what we have."

"I don't want it!" I yell, jumping up from my seat. The girl stumbles back against the bar.

"You can go now." She falls out of the door in a hurry. I sit down opening the water she dropped onto the floor.

Stefano says something in Italian, but I ignore him. The water was smoothing going down my throat. Reading the description on the bottle, a throat clears.

"Yes?" I trail out seeing the attendant. "We have sparkling."

"You just-"

"I apologize."

"I wasn't finished speaking." I snap annoyed. She shifts, looking over to Stefano.

"What are you looking at him for?" She looks taken back by my words. I could tell she didn't know what to say, afraid to fuck up.

"Okay bye." I trail off, waiting for her to leave. I wonder if she came here to work for him willingly. My eyes brows furrow, how much does her pay her. Does he pay her in dick.

I look up seeing him just look at me. I wouldn't want to work for him, he had his scary moments. He's overall intimidating, I can't understand how it didn't affect me. Sometimes it did tho.

The memory of blood blurs my vision, sending my hand to my heart.

It's okay. Was something I had to tell myself over and over.

Tears don't come this time. Taking a deep breath in, I try thinking of nice things. It only worked for moments at a time.

For the rest of the flight I never saw the attendant again. Landing was smooth, making me try to guess where we were.

The pilot hadn't said over the speaker. I'm first to walk out of the jet, fully eager. What I saw made my mouth drop.

Feeling a body connect with my back, I go off.

"OF ALL PLACES YOU TAKE ME TO-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 51 9
Aiden bites my ear lobe softly whispering " I want all your innocence to be mine love! " When aria runs away from her mafia family cause she was for...
28 0 16
Isabella considers herself a fiercely independent and confident woman, after having had to claw her way back from a broken heart and a relationship t...
42 4 2
An empire is burning down. Blood is being shed. Sacrifices are being made. A family separated by circumstances and power is forced to come together...
339 47 15
Alenhandro is a dangerous mafia that uses power to take what ever he wants Rosita is just a young woman with passion love and a big heart Will Alenha...