Perennial Love

Od AnushaBhatt15

Hello to the reader there! First of all thank you so much to stop by my story and giving it a try... This is... Více

Disclaimer and copyrights
Character sketch
1. Dream to Reality
2. A Lifeless Life
3. Only a squad or more?
4. Something's different
Thank You
5. Out Of The Blue
6. The nightmares
7. They are always there
8. The meet up
9. Plans
10. The Party!
11. What the hell happened?
Apology!
12. Is This A Joke?
13. Is this only a game?
14. Friends Like Family
15. The After Effects
16. The Gathering
17. Something's Fishy
18. Friends turned Spy
19. It's just the start
20. Lost in the woods
Cover!!!
21. The unexpected!!!
22. The Attack!
23. The confrontation
24. Past revelation (part 1)
25. Past revelation (part 2)
26. Truth revelation
Important
27. The return of life
28. The doctor's words
29. First client and the first move
30. A surprise after a surprise
31. Turn of events
32. The plan tumbling down
33. The reality hit
34. Mothers gone crazy
35. Reject or accept?
36. When is the wedding?
37. The bond of rings
38. Stealing special moments
39. Shopping Day (part 1)
40. Shopping day (part 2)
41. It's mehendi!
42. Coaxing her
Author's note!
Promo
44. String of misunderstandings
45. A strange change
46. Days pass so quickly!
47. Finally they talk!
48. His love
49. Her feelings
50. The new family member!
51. Living the dream
52. Here it begins!
53. Sweet games
Author's note
54. The little things
55. Fire in the eyes
56. Deja vu
57. Sharon Rai Prakash
58. The dreadful hours
59. She remembers!
60. Their Perennial Love
Trailer!
Epilogue
Lets chat!
Bonus Chapter 1

43. It's time for Sangeet!

318 14 170
Od AnushaBhatt15

A/N

Here is the next chapter!

I found the song above, the most apt one for our SwaRon in my story. Agree?

You guys might feel a little disoriented due to such a long break, so I am giving a small insight of the previous chapter.

Happy reading!

_____

*From previous chapter*

"Hello ma'am, we are here to deliver the jewellery." they smiled at me and I cursed myself in my brain to be upset that day and select such average things! Even the jewellery I had selected wasn't with all my heart and the cherry on the cake is, it would look a disaster with this dress.

Mom took the bag they had with them and it striked me that we hadn't ordered the jewellery store to deliver... I thought mine was already kept in all the other sets we had brought. Doubting, I took it from mom's hands and fished out the box. I opened it, only to be even more shocked.

You are so dead Swayam!

_______________

Swayam's POV

"Will you just sit for a minute atleast?" Rey asked frustrated and I looked at him tensed. I was so excited about the surprise and was waiting for any message or call from her but what I received just made me worried even more. I walked towards the opposite wall again and back to where Rey was sitting. I fished out my phone from the pocket and re-read the message again.

Pia: You are dead Swayam.

This is what her message read with a photo of the dress and the jewellery. I gulped reading it again and thought what must have gone wrong with her to behave like this. I had got this message in the morning itself and I am growing restless with each passing second.

"Stop it Swayam! Everyone are there, preparing everything for the evening, even the performances and here I am, consoling you like a small baby who lost his ice-cream!" Rey chided me and I looked at my phone's blank screen again.

Oh shit! Did she think that I did all this to show off or some other reasons? But... No! She knows me and she won't think that... But what if she misunderstood my gesture as something else?

"Swayam... Swayam listen to me! Stop overthinking about the message and confront her directly when you will be meeting her in an hour or so... Sit down and relax okay?" Rey said, making me sit on the bed by pushing my shoulders and taking the mobile out of my hands.

"But..." I started but was cut off by mom who barged in my room.

"No its and buts. Why do you worry so much Swayam? Even if she misunderstood, talk and sort it out." mom said, walking towards me and pinning the broach she brought with her, to my coat. I gave her a serious look.

"Oh mom please. It started all because of you!" I whined and she frowned.

"What did I do?" She asked completely offended by my blame.

"It's because if you I had to invite that cousin aunty who created the ruckus yesterday from when she is upset with me!" I said and she just looked at me in disbelief. Shrugging she walked away from me, towards the door.

"Aunty, don't take his words to heart. He has gone mad since morning, thinking about the message." Rey called out glaring at me to which she turned and smiled at him.

"Rey, don't teach me about me own son! I know he is already mad so I am not taking him seriously at all." She said as a matter of fact, making my mouth drop open.

"Anyways, I see him absolutely ready now and be down in 5 minutes, we need to leave." Saying that, she exited the room and I looked at Rey who was trying to hold his laughter back. They always make fun of me! I won't pay any heed to it this time. I got up and walked to the mirror, fixing my hair and my coat and saw Rey looking at me amused through the mirror. I glared at him and straight away walked out of the room.

I slid into the car, along with everyone else and checked my pocket for my mobile, but didn't find any. I sighed as I remembered Rey taking it from me. I looked out of the window, to where Rey was standing at the steps and instructing the driver of another car something. I saw him walking towards our car and I called him out.

"Rey, give me my mobile!" I ordered him but he gave me a bored look and walking to the other side, he slid into the driver seat.

"I won't." He said and by the tone of his voice, I understood that he was frustrated with me. He drove us out and I looked out of the window, thinking all the possibilities of the meaning of the message. Why did she say I am dead? Is she mad at me? She hasn't even answered any of my calls from morning nor did reply to my messages. What wrong did I do now?

"Get down, we are here." I heard Rey's voice and I looked around to see everyone had left the car and only Rey and me were sitting inside.

"Give me my mobile please?" I requested this time and he sighed, fishing out my mobile from his pocket and forwarding it towards me. I took it quickly.

"Swayam, everything will be alright." he said and I just looked down.

"But what if she is upset because of me again?" I asked looking at him and he face-palmed himself.

"You are the groom! Stop behaving like a nervous bride!" He shouted at me and I gulped.

"But the bride is Sharon..." I said thinking about her and Rey sighed in frustration. He looked at me irritated and without even saying anything, he went out and just shut the door with a loud thud. What did I do now? Without wasting anymore time, I got down and we all headed directly to the huge lawn's gate.

As soon as we were at the entrance, aunty and some of her relatives were already waiting and welcomed all of us. Rey was no where near me and I assume he went to the gang, to check on everything maybe. I looked around hoping my eyes would land on the most awaited ones but found Pia no where. Where is she?

"Someone is getting very impatient to see his bride!" I heard some lady remark and I immediately looked here and there, embarrassed. I heard giggles and chuckles and with that, we all walked in. We were just walking in when suddenly, all the lights went off.

"What happened? Sid go and check why the electricity ran out." I heard Avantika aunty order and Sid immediately left. I was surrounded with ladies and some men and they started talking and gossiping among themselves and I quietly walked from middle of them feeling suffocated.

I was standing out of their group, at a corner and was looking around when someone suddenly grabbed my hand. I was about to yell but a hand covered my mouth and I realised the touch. Turning slightly, I saw a feminine figure standing, confirming my doubts. I smiled because I knew it was my Sharon but frowned when she started dragging me somewhere. After walking away from everyone, she dragged me behind a tree within the fence where we would get a little privacy in this darkness.

She removed her hand from my mouth and looked around to see if anyone noticed. She relaxed after confirming no one witnessed and turned to look at me sternly. Suddenly, I realised she had sent a text and now this stern gaze of her made me gulp.

"So?" She asked in a cold voice, folding her hands in front of her chest.

"S... So?" I asked back, my voice quivering a little and I immediately cleared my throat to cover it up.

"What did you want to show by what you did this morning Mr. Swayam Shekhawat?" She asked sternly and I looked away. I was thinking of what to say her because I clearly cannot tell her that I love her and that was the reason I did it. According to her, I am still trying to move on. I mentally cursed myself to make up this shitty fake story.

"I... I..." I tried but didn't find any words coming out of my mouth. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"You what? Did you want to show off how much money you had and what power you had over everything with your money speaking?" She asked directly and I took in a sharp breath. No! She took it exactly the same way I was fearing she would have, which is not true at all! I could feel my face going pale as a lump formed in my throat thinking of her misunderstanding my act of love. Why am I being such a baby and not being able to speak?

"Is your silence a yes?" She asked further and this time I immediately replied,

"No!" She narrowed her eyes at me and I took few deep breaths to calm myself. I closed my eyes and gathering all the love I have for her, I looked straight into her eyes. I could see her getting startled by my gaze but she didn't look away. I took her hand in mine and held it between both of my hands. I looked at it momentarily before looking back at her.

"Pia... I don't know what made you think this way but I never intended to make you feel like this. I saw how upset you were and I couldn't see you sad, that too on such a special occasion. It's our wedding and I wanted you to look the best. I don't care how much money has gone into that, as far as it makes you happy. I am sorry if it offended you or I hurt you with this gesture but I wanted to see you happy, that's it. I will immediately call the boutique and the jewellery showrooms to exc-" I was cut off by her finger placed on my lips and her looking at me intensely. She doesn't realise what this simple act of her's is doing to my heart. She withdrew her hand, once she was sure I wouldn't speak further.

"I loved the surprise." she said taking a step closer and looking into my eyes, making my heart flutter with happiness.

"I loved it all." she whispered and I smiled. She really loved it? I can't believe she loved it. I searched for any lies in her eyes and all I found was pure admiration for me in them. My heart swell with pride that I made her happy.

Suddenly, she started leaning in and I held my breath. What is she doing? We are still in open and the power can come back at any moment now. I looked at her but she didn't stop leaning hence I just closed my eyes, my stomach doing flips. I felt her breath on my face and my heartbeat raised in anticipation. I frowned when I felt her tilting her head a little sideways and leaning towards my ears. I stayed and waited for her next move. Her breath fanning my ears sent a shiver down my spine and even she was clutching my shoulders tightly as she had to reach my height.

"Mr. Shekhawat, you are pranked." she said and immediately pulled out, leaving my stunned at her words. She did what? Did she mean she was joking with me with that text and even the anger a few moments ago? I looked at her and found her grin turning into a giggle and soon becoming a laugh. She tried to lower her voice, but still she laughed heartily. I smiled seeing her laugh so carefree but immediately masked my expressions with a blank one.

"Oh my god! Your fa... Face!" She exclaimed and started with another round of laughter, taking two steps back  and keeping her hand on the trunk of the tree we were standing by. She looked at my stern look and sobered up a bit.

"I didn't expect you to get tricked but you did! That was fun! Your face was worth watching. Oh Swayam! I wasn't angry at all! It was such a sweet surprise and I loved it." she said chuckling but I gave her a cold stare to let her know that I didn't like the prank. I was upset and tensed the whole day for nothing! God, this girl! She didn't seem to take my stare seriously as she looked here and there and that's when I took in her appearance.

She was wearing a beautiful indo-western turquoise lehenga with a golden strapless blouse which was hugging her body, making her look sexy as hell. She had her dupatta from behind her, wrapped into her arms and her hair simply left open. She looked simply gorgeous under the moonlight. I noticed she had the chain I gifted her, still around her neck and I felt happy seeing she valued it so much. She looked back at me and I again fixed back my expressions.

"Come, we must get going..." She turned around to go back to everyone but I caught her wrist. She tilted her head frowning but I pulled her to me with full force, making her gasp and dash into my chest. I held circled my arms around her waist, pulling her more into me and her hands rested on my chest. She tried a feeble attempt to push me but I didn't move even an inch.

"By the way, you look breathtaking today." I whispered to which I saw her cheeks go pink and she lowered her gaze. After a while, she looked up and her hands slowly crawling to my shoulders.

"You don't look bad yourself either." she replied smirking and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I am still mad at you for pulling that prank on me." I said making her go stiff.

"And I want a nice apology for that." I said and looked at her lips and looked back into her eyes, smirking. She understood what I meant and smiled dazzlingly. She closed her eyes and tilted her head a little, ready for the kiss. I started leaning in but she couldn't see the devilish smile on my face. I took my own sweet time to move my lips closer to hears and saw her lips quivering and parted, her breathing heavy and her hands clutching my kurta tightly. I moved so closed that our lips were just brushing each other's and held it there, without moving. Her hands went to my neck and pulled me more towards her. I shifted and kissed just beside her mouth and pulled out smirking. She opened her eyes and looked at me, still dazed.

"Take is as my revenge for the night on the day of shopping if you remember what you had done." I said and saw her face turn into a shocked one and then into an angry one.

"And be thankful that I am letting this little prank of yours go without any revenge." I said and she huffed, pouting.

"Come, we must get going..." I mimicked her words and took her hand, pulling her to walk with me towards everyone. I felt a hit on my upper arm of the hand which was holding her's and smiled realising her sweet attempt to hit me, causing no harm at all.

As soon as we reached to where all of the family members stood, Pia took her hand out of my grip and messaged something on her phone. After a few seconds, the lights were back on and I looked at her suspiciously. Then Sid and Simmi came back, smiling mischievously and looked at Pia. Pia showed a small thumbs up, making sure it was not noticeable but I did and understood the power cut was all her plan to talk to me alone. Not bad my Sharon, I am impressed. No wonder the lights were off even after the generators being completely backed up.

Aunty and uncle came to me and my family and I saw Pia is missing from my side. When did she sneak out of here? Aunty apologized for the inconvenience but I was more than happy for it to take her apology and I politely talked it away. She then called Sid to bring Pia and I saw her walking with him smiling and Sid smirking as always. Pia greeted my parents and took their blessings and greeted other relatives and finally came face to face with me.

"Hi!" she said and I could see a hint of blush on her cheeks which she was trying hard to hide. So now we are playing this? Cool...

"Hi, you look beautiful." I complimented her again, playing along with her and she smiled but playfully glared at me as everyone had heard it and they started their background sounds making her blush even more.

Soon we were escorted towards the stage. This was a backyard type of lawn but they have made few changes like this temporary platform which served for the purpose of stage for today's function. I looked around and I really admired the whole set up. Mild decoration with just flowers and few fairy lights is what I loved. As we wanted just close relatives, there were only 40-50 people in here and it looked much more better with less crowd.

We were made to sit together beside each other on the double seater like sofa in front of the stage, straight in the middle and everyone else took their place too, just as Rey requested them on the mic.

Soon, the sangeet started and the first one to dance were Simmi and Nil on a bollywood number which was cheered up by Pia till her throat was sore and she had to drink water. Then Amar and Rinni came on with a cute duet which left smiles on our faces. After both of these performances, Simmi announced that the next to come were our parents and me and Pia were surprised as we had no clue of this at all. Mom and dad, uncle and aunty danced on a mashup of retro romantic numbers making us go aww at their cuteness. Pia had tears brimming her eyes as it ended and I took her hand in mine and gave it a little squeeze. She looked at me and smiled, holding back my hand and shifting a little closer to me. I had expected even Sid to dance but Pia said me that he wasn't interested in this thing and I believed.

"Errmmm" we heard someone clearing their throat and we looked up at the stage to find Sid standing there. We both were surprised because Pia had said just now that he doesn't dance.

"This one is for my little sweetheart sitting over there. I love you and will always do!" He said smiling at her to which Pia held my hand and I returned the gesture by giving her hand a slight squeeze again.

The lights on the stage went off and soon, a video started playing which had beautiful pictures of Pia from previous five years. Many of them were Sid and Pia, most of them with Pia in weird expressions or poses. I chuckled looking at it and even heard some curses from her beside me. Few of them were really sweet pictures and I was jealous of him that he got to spend to spend five precious years of her life with her and I couldn't. I smiled at them and adored them. I could see what I missed of her in these years. It was as if I got a glimpse of her in all those years and I cannot be enough thankful to Sid to make me experience this.

As it ended, I smiled and looked over at Pia to see her holding my hand tightly and her eyes glistening with unshed tears and she is still looking at the screen on the stage. A drop of tear rolled down her cheek and I immediately wiped it off with my free hand which seemed to bring her out of her trance. This must have been hundred times more nostalgic for her as she grew too close to this family even after not being their family biologically. She looked up at me and I could see her inner turmoil and I gave her an assuring nod with a blink of my eye.

That was all she needed to spring up from her seat and she strode towards Sid who was standing right next to the stage, looking at her almost running towards him. He opened his arms and she gladly went into those, hugging him tight. They stayed like that with Sid murmuring something for god knows how much time but I could figure out that even Sid was so emotional at that moment.

Pia pulled out and gently wiped his cheek with her fingers to which, even Sid did the same thing. Then Sid said something which caused her to laugh and hit his arm. I felt my vision going blurry and I realised my eyes also got moist. Sid pulled away completely, not before kissing her forehead once gesturing her something, pointing towards me.  She turned and smiled warmly and started walking back our seats. She sat down and I too took my seat beside her.

"You okay?" I asked her, giving her a glass of water and she nodded drinking it. I was about to say something when the mic went on and the person on the stage had our attention once again.

"Now, now... Hold your breaths everyone because here comes our group with a surprise in store for the love birds." Vicky announced and I rolled my eyes at how cliche it sounded.

There was silence for a few seconds, with all the lights off and suddenly the focus was thrown behind us making us turn to look back. I saw Rey walking in there, with a girl with some files but he suddenly acts shocked and runs towards the stage. I realised what this is gonna be and braced myself for an emotional ride. I recalled that day when I felt my world turn upside down and I unconsciously tightened my grip at Pia's hands, making her look at me quizzically. I looked back and smiled slightly, gesturing her to look at the stage. She did that, as she seemed more interested.

As soon as Rey reached the stage, who was acting as me, Vicky acted as Rey and Kriya as Pia and they enacted the same thing which had happened that day. They started dancing next and one after the other, they showed everything. My rudeness at first, our fights, then the trip, ofcourse skipping the part of me knowing her truth. They then showed us coming closer through that dance and Pia fainting. Pia didn't knew how I had reacted to that incident and she looked at me lovingly for a moment as they showed what was my condition after she was fainted. They skipped all the 'past' things that happened alongside. They acted how our marriage was fixed and showing the present 'us'. Hence, it was the end of their small act.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I just lived through all of my pain and the greatest happiness I got in last few days of my life. I opened my eyes after controlling my emotions and looked at Pia who was looking at me already with a smile and her eyes held an intensity which I hadn't seen before. I smiled back at her and she tightened her hold on my hand and I did the same too. I was lost in her eyes, which were showing nothing but how much she loves me and how much I mean to her.

I heard someone clearing their throat, bringing us out of our trance. I looked away to see a smirking Rey with the mic, on the stage. I glared at him but he just shrugged it off. I quickly took my mobile and sent a text to Sid. He looked at me from beside the stage, where he was talking something to the waiter and nodded, before leaving for my work.

"Now that we have the attention of our to be bride and to be groom, I announce the start of a game designed for them." Rey announced and me and Pia looked at each other, passing a look. As I opened my mouth to object it, he cut me off speaking,

"And you both don't have an option to play or not to. It is a must and you both have to follow." as he finished, I sighed and groaned mentally. I really hope this is not some stupid couple game and something actually good to play in.

"Don't worry Swayam, this is not some cliche couple game." Kriya said into the mic, as if reading my thoughts. Pia chuckled beside me looking at me and I let out a small laugh too.

"Since we all know, our couple of the evening are one among the best dancers in the town, so how do you expect this sangeet to be finished before their dance?" Simmi asked and the small crowd behind us cheered us but I felt my heart thud loudly due to tension. Are these people mad? Don't they know last time we had danced, it ended up with Pia in the hospital. I looked at her, to see her grinning and her eyes twinkled in excitement. My brain said no, but my heart just agreed to dance with her again, just to see this smile on her face.

"But it's with a twist!" Rinni added, gaining my attention back at her.

"Here the game is, the couple has to come here on stage and dance, but the songs won't be of their choice, neither will it will be the same one throughout." Kriya said I frowned. What are they upto?

"That means, the couple has to dance on the songs played by us and they need to last till the last or else, they get to do what we say them to. Are you all ready?" Rey asked enthusiastically and everyone cheered and clapped. Pia stood up in excitement and offered me a hand. This should have been me doing to her but nonetheless, I took her hand and stood up, smiling at her whereas my mind was clouded with worry. We walked to the centre of the stage and stood there, hand in hand.

"Are you fine Swayam? You look tensed." Pia asked whispering, leaning closer to me sideways.

"Yeah, I am." I replied dryly and looked over at Rey, who winked at me.

"So here the songs begin!" He announced and played the first song which was 'ishq tera tadpave' hearing to which, both me and Pia chuckled and just danced a few bollywood steps. It was a complete jolly song. The second song they played was 'ban ja tu meri rani' which was a good peppy number too. I relaxed getting it that they are going to play light hearted songs and danced to my fullest. It was followed by a couple of more songs, which were romantic, yet peppy with two comedy ones in between.

Just as I held Pia's hand and we took a step towards each other, they played their next song 'beintehaa' to which our eyes grew wide and we stopped swaying. The whole crowd burst into laughter looking at our reaction and I looked over Pia, at Rey to see him winking at me and I glared at him. Not wanting to embarrass her and make her uncomfortable in front of everyone, I was to turn around to leave the floor when she held my hand which made me stop and I looked back at her. She quietly took steps closer to me and held my hand in hers, holding my shoulder with her other one. I smiled at her and we started swaying just normally, but by standing close to each other which earned a two or three whistles from the guests. She was blushing profusely but still was swaying along with me, not making any eye contact which I completely understood.

As we were dancing very decently, to the sensual song they had played, it stopped and we both sighed in relief. I was about to take her down atleast now but the next song made me freeze at my place. My eyes grew wide and I immediately looked at Pia to see no change in her expressions. I was relived but I immediately searched for Rey but he couldn't be seen. Shit! I probably cannot take this risk of dancing with her on 'pehla nasha' here. They must be out of their mind to start this song.

"Pia I will be back." saying so, I strode towards the dj to see Simmi standing there nervously, tapping something on her phone. I took the mobile from her hand and tapped on the very next song I got without even reading the name. Damn! I must have played some another one as the song was 'humdard' and the small crowd cheered for us. Forcing a smile on my face, I went back to where Pia was standing.

As I neared her, I could again see the loving look on her face which made my smile grow wide. Probably she might be thinking that I played this song purposely, though I didn't, but I ain't complaining if I get to see her like this. We started dancing and each and every line of the song was so heartfelt for me that I couldn't control my eyes from welling up this time. Pia noticed this and frowned, and slightly nodded her head in a no. I smiled at her and at that moment, I just wished she knew how much she meant to me. She is my life and I definitely cannot live without her now. I blinked my eyes assuring her I am fine and she smiled back at me.

Soon the song ended and that was the end to the this game finally! I don't know what sort of game it was, I think they just wanted to make us dance. Everyone applauded and we bowed down in gratitude. I remembered the times when we used to do the same after each and every performance of ours.

I saw Sid walking back towards the stage with the thing I said him to arrange and I smirked seeing him. I gestured him and all the lights went off. I slipped away from beside her and took my place with the guitar Sid brought. I didn't sing the best of the bests, but decent enough. I hadn't played guitar in a long while now which was making me super nervous but I want to surprise Pia this way atleast.

The spotlight shined upon Pia, who was wearing a frown on her face and her eyes probably searching for me. The next instant, another spotlight shined on me and I heard audible gasps and later followed by cheers. I was seated at a distance from where Pia was standing. Adjusting the microphone at my shirt, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, gathering myself to finally sing for her. Only her.

"This one is for the special person in my life..." I spoke and looked at my side, at Pia, to see her dazed a little. I smiled at her and she returned, taking away all my worries and I finally let my fingers move on the strings along with the karaoke in the background.

Thodi Jagah Dede Mujhe
Tere Paas Kahin Reh Jaaun Main

I lifted my eyes to meet the most gorgeous ones looking back at me.

Khamoshiyan Teri Sunu
Aur Door Kahin Na Jaaun Main

I continued to sing, looking directly into her eyes.

Apni Khushi Deke Main Tujhe
Tere Dard Se Jud Jaaun Main

Mila Jo Tu Yahan Mujhe
Dilaun Main Yakeen Tujhe
Rahun Hoke Tera Sada
Bas Itna Chaahta Hu Main

Thodi Jagaah Dede Mujhe
Tere Paas Kahin Reh Jaaun Main

Khamoshiyan Teri Sunu
Aur Door Kahin Na Jaaun Main

I could see her eyes getting moist and I got up from my chair. I walked towards her while playing the music and she smiled widely looking at me. I stopped exactly in front of her.

Hoon Besahara Tere Bina Main
Tu Jo Na Ho Toh Main Bhi Nahi

Our eyes connected again and I could clearly see her eyes filled with admiration.

Dekhun Tujhe Yaara Jitni Dafa Main
Tujhpe Hai Aata Mujhko Yakeen
Sabse Main Juda Hoke Abhi
Teri Rooh Se Jud Jaaun Main

Mila Jo Tu Yahan Mujhe
Dilaun Main Yakeen Tujhe
Rahun Hoke Tera Sada
Bas Itna Chaahta Hoon Main

Our eyes didn't leave the contact even for once and I felt there is no other place I would like to stand than this. I slowly circled her while continuing the song.

Thodi Jagaah Dede Mujhe
Tere Paas Kahin Reh Jaaun Main

Khamoshiyan Teri Sunu
Aur Door Kahin Na Jaaun Main

I came and stood again in front of her and by now, a tear successfully slipped out of her eyes. I knew that the year was definitely due to happiness. She was looking at me with so much love that I melted that instant. Then and there. She raised her hand to my cheek and wiped something and that's when I realised even I had my eyes moist. The music ended and I chuckled a little, wiping the corner of my eyes making her already wide smile break into an inaudible chuckle too. I wiped the drop from her cheek too and looked at the audience for a moment.

I noticed there was a pin drop silence since the song ended. Confused, I looked at my mom, questioning through my eyes. I saw even her wiping the corner of her eyes and giving me a thumbs up. I looked back at Pia to see her looking somewhere here and there and not at me as if ignoring the eye contact, making me frown.

"Pia?" I called out slowly but she didn't look at me again. I raised my hand to hold her's but before I could hold, she took me by surprise by hugging me. Her hands vent around my neck, hugging me tightly and I immediately hugged her back. I felt so complete that moment that I cannot describe it. I wanted nothing else but her in my arms forever. The way she hugged me said everything about what she is feeling. She broke the when we heard teasing hoots and whistles. I could see her cheeks coloured in beautiful tint of pink.

I held her hand this time and we walked down the stage. We took our seats and Rey announced the end of the sangeet with an amazing group dance. I looked at Pia at my side because she hadn't left my hand since we had come down. As if sensing my gaze, she looked back at me but immediately shifted her gaze away. I wonder what is making her not meet my eyes. Oh no! Did I do something again unintentionally? Or did I do something else which she didn't like?

"The dinner is ready for all of us! Come on everyone, let's devour it." Rey announced and there was a quite hustle of everyone getting up and going towards the food area.

"Pia? What happened?" I asked her, taking advantage of the situation. She seemed to be pulled out of her thoughts and for the first time after we came down, she looked up at my face.

"I... I want to talk to you Swayam, in private." she said and my eyes grew wide.

"Now? How? I mean, even if we go missing even for a second, everyone will know." I whisper shouted at her to which she glared at me.

"Okay, okay... Come." I stood up and helped her stand too. Everyone were busy chatting with the relatives and most of them had already gone for dinner. I looked around to find Rey looking at us. I messaged him to handle here for us for a while and took Pia towards her home's backyard entrance.

"Tell me, what it is?" I asked looking around if anyone is seeing us. I sighed when I found none. I looked back at her to see her fidgeting with the dupatta of her dress.

"Don't tell me... Is it what I am thinking?" I asked her gasping but with a smirking face to which her eyes jerked up at me. She frowned but soon understood what I meant and hit my chest hard.

"Ouch!" I yelped as the hit was really hard. God! Where did she learn to punch so hard? I heard her faint laughter which made me laugh too.

"Actually... It's..." She was fumbling with words and she looked visibly tensed.

"Do you want to compliment me for the song? If yes, then you don't need to. Which reminds me, you spoke nothing about it yet." I spoke, trying to lighten up the mood and her eyes lit up at the mention of the song.

"Oh shit! Sorry! The song was really amazing Swayam... I didn't know you played guitar and sung so well too. That was such a heart touching gesture that I am at... At loss of words! I don't know what to say." she rambled nervously and I held her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"Shhh... I said it's not needed because your eyes spoke it all." I whispered and she blushed. She opened her mouth to say something but the ring of my phone interrupted us and I left her. I took my mobile to see an unknown number flashing on my screen and I frowned. I silenced it and put it back into my pocket to concentrate on the most important person of my life.

"So... Were you saying something?" I asked and her face went serious again. This must be something important.

"I want to tell you something Swayam" she whispered and I nodded for her to continue. Before she could, my mobile again went on and I removed it from my pocket irritated now and it was the same unknown number. I sighed and thinking this might be something urgent, I answered it.

"Hello, Swayam Shekhawat speaking." I answered in a professional tone. I could hear some shuffling sounds from the other side but couldn't hear any voice.

"Hello?" I asked again but there was no response. There was a lot of network disturbance. I hung up and looked back at Pia. Before I could even open my mouth, it ringed again and I answered it at first ring.

"Hello." I spoke.

"Hello." in came the response of the opposite person whose voice seemed at lot familiar. The voice was very unclear, maybe due to network. I pulled away the phone from my ear a little and covered the mic with my palm.

"You go and join others, I will come in 5. We will continue our talk later." I said to Pia and she nodded understanding. I walked away from there towards the boundary fences, constantly speaking hellos and finally at one place, I heard the response of the other person.

"Hey Swayam buddy! How are you?" I heard from the other side and frowned. No one calls me buddy in that tone except...

"Jai?" I asked and heard a chuckle. It's definitely him!

"Oh my god! Jai! How are you? You are calling after so many years! Man! How's everything?" I asked genuinely happy that I am talking to an old friend of mine after a long time. He was with me and Sharon in our college and a close friend of ours.

"Excuse me, it was you who went Mr. India suddenly after..." He started off excited but his voice softened at the end. I sighed.

"After the news of her death? Yes... I am sorry, I wasn't in my right senses." I said.

"No worries, I understand..." He spoke which made me smile. There was a silence for sometime before he broke it.

"By the way, I heard you are marrying again?" He asked which didn't surprise me at all. He always had had these connections everywhere from where he got almost every news.

"Yes, her name is Pia" I said.

"So happy that you finally moved on buddy! I am really happy for you." he said, his voice choking at the end a little. Sharon was the life of our group so ofcourse, even they would feel her absence. I think he deserves to know.

"Actually Jai, Sharon isn't dead and I am marrying her only. Once again." I revealed it to him.

"What?" He shouted at the other end.

"Yes, you heard it right." I reassured him and there was silence for a while.

"H... How?" He asked with a heavy voice. I took a deep breath and explained whatever is happening to him. I heard him sigh after I finished.

"So, Pia is not Pia really and is none other than Sharon herself? This seems to be a scene straight out of a movie!" he exclaimed and I could notice the happiness in his voice too. His words made me chuckle.

"Sharon? Yes." I answered him smiling myself.

"This is crazy..." He said making me chuckle again.

"I know it is crazy and complicated. Sharon is the girl I had loved, am loving and will love for forever." I said and heard some noise of bangles clinking making me turn to look back. I found no one.

"I know, the two famous love birds of our college" he said chuckling.

"Well, it's fate. Now I am marrying 'Pia' for the sake of our businesses." I said.

"Atleast that is what is told to her." I added back in a low voice.

"Did she agree so easily?" He asked making me chuckle. Even he knew Sharon with or without memory loss, is a tough nut to crack.

"Yes she did because she likes me already and that's what is scaring me now. What if she will come to know the actual truth?" I asked and my body went stiff with the mere thought.

"Don't worry Swayam and explain her everything then. She will understand." he replied.

"Hope so..." I replied back.

"Okay listen, I have one of my wedding functions going on because tomorrow is my wedding. I will talk to you later?" I asked him.

"Ya sure, happy married life once again buddy!" He wished and I didn't miss the hint of teasing in his voice.

"Bye." I said and hung up but not before hearing him bid bye too... I turned around and walked back, saving his contact but bumped into someone. My hand immediately flew out to hold the other person from falling.

"Oh I am so sor-" I couldn't complete because in front of me was Pia. I gulped and wondered whether she listened to me or not. If she did, then I am dead for sure. She was again not meeting my gaze like before and that relaxed me a bit, assuming she didn't hear anything.

"I... I came to-" She again fumbled with words making my eyebrows crease again. What is the matter that is bothering her so much? Before she could continue, mom yelled from behind her, calling us for dinner.

"You came to take me for dinner?" I asked completing her sentence and she nodded. I smiled but she didn't smile back at me which gave birth to an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. I brushed it off and we started walking towards the area where food arrangements were made.

_______________

A/N

Hope you all enjoyed it!

This is the biggest chapter I have wrote in this story till date. I hope I met all your expectations after such a long wait!

Do let me know your reviews in the comments.

Happy friendship day to my amazing Wattpad family❤️

I thought that this story might probably be forgotten due to keeping it on hold but no, I was overwhelmed by the response I got on the promo. Thank you so much for the constant support and love! Really means a lot!

Vote, comment and share.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

16.5K 542 24
This is a fan friction of one of my favorite show D3 a bit similar yet different hope you all like it the story starts when kriya came back to India...
241K 14.9K 41
His Peaceful life turned chaotic the day she stepped into his life. She is hiding so many secrets which can be dangerous for his clan and He will nev...
224K 8.1K 26
__COMPLETED__ Cover credit :- @_starflies_ and @IndianLegion **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF YO...
35.6K 2.3K 39
✨ Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage ✨ ~*~*~*~*~*~* 🏆 Third Place in SwaSan Awards 2022...