Luminous • Jisung

By driediink

"Try me again and you're dead, darling." • Grim reaper au • Jisung (NCT) • 3rd person (OC) More

• Characters •
1 • Blood
2 • Grey
3 • Notice
4 • Hallway
5 • King
6 • Snitch
7 • Mockery
9 • My
10 • Heavy
11 • Down
12 • Renjun
13 • Figure
14 • Games
15 • Odd
16 • Popcorn
17 • Charming
18 • Worried
19 • Better
20 • Pillow
21 • Rules
22 • Sobs
23 • Rest
24 • Burgers
25 • Slip-up
26 • About
27 • Reason
28 • Punctuality
29 • Click
30 • Harder
31 • Courage
32 • Stained
33 • Doc
34 • Bummer
35 • Always
36 • Genuine
37 • Lights
38 • Messages
39 • Girls
40 • Ice Cream
41 • Volunteer
42 • Silver
43 • Used to be
44 • Soft
45 • Dead
46 • Unconvincing
47 • Prohibited
48 • Alternatives
49 • Window
50 • Outlines
51 • Past
52 • Fun
53 • Confidence
54 • Jisung's
55 • Nothing easier
56 • Bar
57 • Partners
58 • River
59 • Rate
60 • The quiet before the
61 • Storm
62 • Sunset
63 • Last
64 • Fair
65 • Movements
66 • Promise
67 • Consideration
68 • All
69 • Eager
70 • Hugs
71 • Perish
72 • Rushed
73 • Idols
74 • Scheme
75 • At last

8 • Joking

5.4K 272 62
By driediink

• Chapter 8 •

Kun stood in the corner of Jisung's office, feeling burdened in the gloomy atmosphere.

He was leaning against the wall behind him as he watched the younger one's eyes burn into Yuta's head.

"You still don't know?" he asked angrily, annoyed by the lack of information on who was causing the deaths of all these people.

Yuta shook his head.
"They don't leave a trace. They just make chaos and disappear."

"I gave you time off so you could look into the matter for me and this is all you have to say?" he snapped, at which the older one only eyed him with disinterest.

He stayed quiet for a second before nodding.
"Yeah that's all."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Jisung asked through gritted teeth. He slammed his palms against the surface of his desk and pushed himself up.

He knew he could trust Yuta which, given the uncertainty of the situation, meant a lot to him. Jisung needed to know who was on his side.

Still, he felt pressured. The calmness of the older one didn't help him feel relaxed though, it irritated him.

"Hyung-"

"Jisung, I'm working on it," the older reassured. Though met with nothing but rough words and a loud voice, Yuta knew that the boy was just nervous; he felt uneasy. So his voice was calm and soft in comparison to the younger one's.

Nodding curtly, Jisung waved his hand indicating the older one to leave. And in the blink of an eye, Yuta had vanished.

"You're lucky he's so understanding," Kun noted, pushing himself off the shelf as he stepped towards an exhausted boy.

"He's lucky I'm so patient," he snapped back. "I'm his boss."

Kun shook his head.
"Being his boss doesn't give you the right to treat him like that."

Taking in a sharp breath, Jisung rolled his eyes. He didn't feel like getting lectured by the always good and friendly Kun. He didn't enjoy having him around either; the way he and Kun were the complete opposite of each other just irritated him.

Running a hand through his hair, the boy shrugged it off.
"Does your kind know more about what's going on?"

Your kind.

Kun stood still at the phrasing, was amused by it as much as he thought it was ridiculous. But in the end he just shook his head.
"Not really."

"Not really?" Jisung asked, an eyebrow raised. "Are you keeping something from me?"

"Probably." He didn't hesitate at all. "Don't you do the same?"

Jisung considered his answer before realizing that it was no use lying to him anyway.

"Probably."

"So what are we going to do?" Kun asked, turning and walking through the office with small steps. He took in the sight as if he hadn't been here before and as if he wouldn't come back.

Yet, he was more than familiar with this room and everything in it.

Jisung pushed out a laugh.

"We?" he questioned. "Do you think we need your help?"

"Yes," Kun said, yet again not hesitating at all. "Whoever is behind all this might not be human. Regardless, if they are ready to provoke one of us, they can do it to all of us too."

Yet as soon as these words left Kun's mouth he realized that it would take Jisung some time to consider his options, some time to think about what he could do, should do, wanted to do.

Some time to consider which interests and feelings to put first.

"Just tell me when you have an answer," the older one said. He turned around and was about to open the door when-

"Wait," Jisung said. Kun paused. The room fell silent. "I have one more question."

Kun sighed heavily and pulled the door open.
"If Cho-a didn't tell you, then she doesn't trust you," he said, glimpsing back. "And frankly, I don't really trust you either."

With these last words, he left the office, Jisung standing still with a clenched jaw as he watched him leave.

He took a moment to calm down before he followed Kun into the living room where the others were talking and enjoying their free afternoon.

"And that's exactly why you shouldn't ask Mark for help in English," Jaemin concluded, voice passionate.

Cho-a nodded slowly, looking a little surprised by his words as if she didn't ask for this and didn't expect to hear it either.

But in the end she smiled.
"Sounds like Mark is a cool guy though."

At which Jaemin nodded.
"I'll introduce him to you some time."

"Sure."

"Cho-a," Kun said, making the girl turn around with a smile.

She got up, standing in front of the older boy.
"All done?"

"Yeah," he said. "I'll see you tonight. Be careful and stick around Renjun."

Cho-a nodded.
"As promised, I'll keep annoying Renjun."

Renjun who, in return, shook his head and swallowed a piece of candy as he leaned back to be able to see Kun properly.
"If she annoys me too much I might kill her myself."

"Kill her and you'll be next," Kun replied, no trace of humour evident in his voice.

His strict reply shocked Jisung whereas Renjun and Cho-a seemed just a little surprised, nothing more.

Meanwhile, the other boys just sat there, wide-eyed.

"Is he really a guardian angel?" Jeno asked quietly, leaned over to whisper into Chenle's ear who shrugged.

"Hyung..." Renjun swallowed hard. "I was joking."

"And I wasn't," Kun noted, then vanished right after that, leaving the kids alone and all on their own.

Frowning at Cho-a for a moment, who in return grinned amusedly, Renjun rolled his eyes.
"Favouritism." 

• Joking •

There isn't really an opposite of grim reaper so I went with guardian angels,, it seemed like the best option 🤠

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 127K 84
➥ Mafia/Gang au ➥ "I could shoot you dead right here- don't try it."
cult. By starr

Fanfiction

2.3K 149 11
[NCT DREAM] "we have to find out what happened to mark." tw//mentions of suicide;semi-descriptive gore
169K 4.8K 20
"Touch her and I'll break your neck..." Where Jisung bumps into a shy sensitive girl and becomes very protective over her ♡
6.4K 169 23
"Theres nothing for me to apologise for, so please fuck off" -Renjun (Gang au)